Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
May 19, 2013 1:55 AM

Feb 2013
animenoobster said:
14394 said:
i'm tempted to read the manga past the episode that's out but i wouldn't be doing myself any favours right?

would i still be worth reading up to the point of where the anime is now?

hum

I'm considering to read the manga also, since I was already spoiled by some of the spoiler-loving-people here.... :x

we've all known that feeling sometime or another.. when i watched this episode i also read some of the comments and now know some of which i didn't want to but it has yet to exactly turn me away yet as i'm completely taken up by every aspect of SnK

i went and looked at the chapter of the manga at around this episode just to compare what it looks like in the anime (chapter 7 & a bit of chapter 8). i chose not to read any further and instead wait until next week.. but even now it feels like that's a really long way away :c

Just walk don't run drink juice yum yum!
May 19, 2013 1:58 AM

Jan 2012
Shit seriously went down. Titan fist fight was pretty badass.

May 19, 2013 2:01 AM

Mar 2013
Tavor said:
3nvy said:

She probably was reading a history book about the irish potato famine or some shit. No biggie.

I sure hope so, she would be the kind to be so worried about glorious potatoes <3

If only she knew of the technological advancement known as the potato chip.

Or what about French Fries? Though she seems to be down with meat and bread as well, that harlot [I couldn't bring myself to call her a slut for some reason].

Also,

I like how eye candy Titan's got time to light one up before he goes back to curb stomping his brethren.

At any rate, though most people seemed to find the suicide scene to be the most disturbing par of this episode, I found the part where Sasha realized that her teammates had given up, then calmly accepted it to be pretty depressing as well. Or when Jean was coming to terms with his faults as a leader as expendable soldier girl #47 was eaten in the background. That was pretty heavy.
StickyWizardMay 19, 2013 2:06 AM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
May 19, 2013 2:12 AM

Mar 2012
I can't wait until the 26th May!!!!!

Too excited!!~~~~
May 19, 2013 2:15 AM
Feb 2013
That was the fastest 24 mins of my life....
Great Episode! D*mn another week.
May 19, 2013 2:16 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was beyond epic D:..

It felt like I was watching for 5 minutes and the episode was over.
May 19, 2013 2:16 AM

Feb 2010
that was sick nasty!

amazing.
May 19, 2013 2:27 AM

Dec 2012
Zioma said:
So I guess we know what happens to humans when they are eaten by Titans now...
I don't think that's true. I thought it had to do with whatever his dad injected him with. If it was just getting eaten then this would have happened already.

Oh yeah, Jean was a badass in this episode. I knew I liked him. Hopefully mikasa forgets eren and hops on his knob instead.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=601915&show=400#Z2X22SSZQoy5jExv.99
TachiiMay 19, 2013 3:55 PM
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
May 19, 2013 2:32 AM

Apr 2008
3nvy said:
Oh yeah, Jean was a badass in this episode. I knew I liked him. Hopefully mikasa forgets eren and hops on his knob instead.

All he did was watch his fellow rookies get eaten >_> He's no better than Armin at this point
May 19, 2013 2:35 AM

Mar 2011
Damn that was awesome episode.
And that titan roar was mindblowing.
May 19, 2013 2:42 AM

Jun 2010
thanks to that weird titan mikasa is saved YAY! :D
"If I died,I won't be able to remember you"....aww so sweet~ xD
May 19, 2013 2:43 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, it wasn't that hard to predict that he would be like that now, even more with that "dream" in episode 2 or 3 with his father, but I really really hope the explanation is decent on how this happened exactly and this fast.
May 19, 2013 2:44 AM

Jun 2011
Wait...What, did 25 minutes just pass? WENT BY TOO QUICKLY. And am I the only one thinking that the new giant-fighting giant has emo-eyes? What's with the eyeliner? Well, they made it pretty clear who they want you to think it is.
May 19, 2013 2:44 AM

May 2013
3nvy said:

What the hell did Jean do then?
May 19, 2013 2:57 AM

Apr 2010
Leapling said:
3nvy said:

He scared until the end
May 19, 2013 3:08 AM

Aug 2008
Stark700 said:
Glorious:

Very.

It seems very interesting besides being awesome and all. I have several theories on mind, ever since he got eaten. Like he mutating or something in it's belly. Either way, I wonder if all the titans, or at least some, derived themselves from exhumans or something...
May 19, 2013 3:15 AM

Jul 2009
Wow this was amazing, really amazing.
As expect of Sawano Hiroyuki beautiful soundtrack.
I really like SAO, but in my opinion Attack on Titans is a lot, a lot better.
Soundtrack, animation, story and characters in my opinion are perfect.
And Can't wait on next episode, one week is too far away:D
May 19, 2013 3:20 AM

Jun 2011
I've literally replayed the last half minute 10 times already just to listen to just that snippet of the bgm, and well also because that scene was so frkn majestic.
May 19, 2013 3:20 AM

Sep 2010
Awesome shit is awesome.....

5/5
May 19, 2013 3:34 AM
Apr 2011
Oh My God, That episode was so good. it went by way to fast. I really wish the series was more then 1 episode a week because its just so damm good. its going to feel like a really long wait tell next week.
May 19, 2013 3:58 AM

Dec 2010
So what now, Eren has turned into titan? I hope not.
May 19, 2013 3:58 AM
Aug 2012
Meritas said:

People just can't accept that he's dead.. huh.
May 19, 2013 4:04 AM

Feb 2008
Some epic Mikasa action. That titan was also awesome, even better than the manga rendition. And the soundtrack when it was ripping the other titans apart...

On another note, I'm starting to like Connie and Jean more than I did while I was reading the manga.
May 19, 2013 4:06 AM

May 2009
Baaahahahaha... You could see him in those eyes. =D

That's a different character development now.. :P I'm lovin that body. :)))

No wonder the forums were all like whatever in ep 5. Baah!

Ah well. All's good.
I wonder of their origin though.. Hmm..

nnangle said:
Meritas said:

People just can't accept that he's dead.. huh.

Lol.. technically he's dead.. :P But you know, it REALLY is hard to digest that fact.. :P
Transformations yo.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
May 19, 2013 4:15 AM
Jan 2013
My god... This direction...

Thank you so much staffs, this scene can never be done better than this.

Hell, direction/bgm in this episode was so good, left me speechless. When seeing Mikasa's reflection, I had my blood boiling inside, which I've never felt after watching TTGL. Even though I still don't really like its original manga, I can say this animated series already surpassed its original and creating its own legend.

Seriously. This is just 'better' than original manga.
May 19, 2013 4:19 AM
Sep 2012
Electromaster said:

Happiest titan ever!

His face, seemed to me like he was just asking for a punch.
May 19, 2013 4:24 AM

Mar 2009
Is Eren really dead? I keep waiting for his magical comeback, but it never seem to happen. :C
May 19, 2013 4:36 AM
Jun 2012

I really hope this doesnt mean that anything happens to her.
May 19, 2013 4:57 AM

Aug 2012
Kitchiri said:

Hell, direction/bgm in this episode was so good, left me speechless. When seeing Mikasa's reflection, I had my blood boiling inside, which I've never felt after watching TTGL. Even though I still don't really like its original manga, I can say this animated series already surpassed its original and creating its own legend.

And they achieved this by following the manga almost frame by frame when they feel it's right and improving upon other scenes that could be better with their own great additions. Even the small changes they made gave the anime more impact, like Mikasa instinctively fighting off the 1st Titan, the pomegranate, and all the other 'minor' scenes but makes the experience more 'whole'.

To all studios, this is the kind of recognition and praise you get when you at least put faith in the source material first and not your own 'vision' of what the anime should be while screwing the source material after.
May 19, 2013 4:58 AM

Jan 2013
Once again, another amazing Episode of Shingeki no Kyojin!
I was screaming ''YOOOO STAMP ON THAT BITCH!!!!'' God I loved it.
May 19, 2013 5:00 AM

Apr 2008
Beaver897 said:
Kitchiri said:

And they achieved this by following the manga almost frame by frame when they feel it's right and improving upon other scenes that could be better with their own great additions. Even the small changes they made gave the anime more impact, like Mikasa instinctively fighting off the 1st Titan, the pomegranate, and all the other 'minor' scenes but makes the experience more 'whole'.

To all studios, this is the kind of recognition and praise you get when you at least put faith in the source material first and not your own 'vision' of what the anime should be while screwing the source material after.

This man right here has found the ULTIMATE truth
May 19, 2013 5:02 AM
Mar 2012
Tamura said:
Leapling said:
3nvy said:

He scared until the end

very badass
May 19, 2013 5:04 AM

Nov 2010
Titan vs Titan not very surprising if they couldn't get to humans for a century just killed each other in their spare time
May 19, 2013 5:06 AM

Oct 2011
this anime's soundtrack makes it so damn awesome
May 19, 2013 5:22 AM

Apr 2013
That was a cool episode. And that fighting style could it be...?
May 19, 2013 5:23 AM

Mar 2011
so erens a titan now ??

would kind of explain how they reproduce sort of im confused now
May 19, 2013 5:24 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
My body was simply not ready for so much awesomeness. DAT PUNCH!

In any case, I now have an idea of where this is going and I like it (hope they handle it carefully though!). This series will be bought in BD the instant it comes out.

How the hell I'm supposed to wait til next week for the next chapter though? Sigh.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 19, 2013 5:31 AM

Dec 2010
Man this show gets more and more boring each episode. I'm seriously disappointed because the first episode was so good that it's number 1 best first episode I've ever seen.

It's pretty obvious who that new giant is and the drama was so over dramatic and exaggerated. It's not a philosophically deep show either so wtf was Mikasa spewing her shit about when she was already emo last episode. It's sad this show is heading this way because it could have been a really cool action anime in a tell by showing kind of way, but it's shounen curse is too strong. This episode is the worst episode by far, but I'm sure it'll get even worse later. The mystery is gone, and I'm no longer interested.

I read the manga but forgot how far I got. I doubt the manga is any better and probably has the same reason I got bored of it. I hardly remember anything of the manga because it's forgettable and is stereotypical Japanese shounen fanfare. This episode is proof of that.
May 19, 2013 5:34 AM

Apr 2008
^And another would be self appointed critic decides to join in. How adorable.

I am glad they kept the suicide scene with the resupply squad. Some had feared they would cut it out but they did it justice especially with the blood splattering the girl's face.
May 19, 2013 5:40 AM

Aug 2008
zemingy said:
this anime's soundtrack makes it so damn awesome
Heh, good one. Yeah, background song to Mikasa 'wangsting' around was so out of place it was almost comical.

Well, at least no more flashbacks for now.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 19, 2013 5:43 AM

Sep 2012
According to the twitter of the author, he is worried how the newcomers who never read the manga take the plot twist because he remembers after that plot twist was published in the manga opinions were very divided and he got quite a lot of flak from readers.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 19, 2013 5:49 AM

Jun 2012
Abnormal titan was so shocking!

It looks even more monstrous than the normal ones:

Haunt-botMay 19, 2013 5:56 AM
Shoot first, think never.
May 19, 2013 5:52 AM
Dec 2012
xtremexx said:
Electromaster said:

Happiest titan ever!

His face, seemed to me like he was just asking for a punch.
Bi*ch please ;)
May 19, 2013 5:58 AM
Apr 2013
That was, as always, really well done. Mikasa fighting back againts the Titan while unable to use her 3D gear was also a little nice touch from the director.

A very good episode and one of the best in the week. Not THE best because ep. 7 from Aku no Hana came out of nowhere and blew everything on it's way.

Edit: I think people may miss the point regarding twst. The Show although having a Seinen vibe, it's labeled Shounen and has your fair share of clichés. Now, what the show does extremely well is how the cast deal with clichés situations. Don't be put off bythem.

JaimesMay 19, 2013 6:04 AM
May 19, 2013 5:59 AM
Dec 2012
symbv said:
According to the twitter of the author, he is worried how the newcomers who never read the manga take the plot twist because he remembers after that plot twist was published in the manga opinions were very divided and he got quite a lot of flak from readers.
As manga reader, I don't really think this plot twist is mysterious or anything. I'm speechless at those people who think it's boring cause its predictable as hell, this is just the beginning :/

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaMay 19, 2013 6:18 AM
May 19, 2013 6:00 AM

Sep 2008
This sountrack at the end of episode!
Love it!
Great episode!

Titan vs. Titan - what's going on?!
Can't wait to see next episode!
May 19, 2013 6:08 AM

Sep 2008
Fuck yeah.
This was great. Action, soundtrack, emotions, everything was great in this episode.
Unfortunately I already got spoiler about what's going to happen so it wasn't such a shock but still doesn't change the fact it was great.

I really wonder what's going to shock them even more than this in next episode.
May 19, 2013 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
FALCON, PUNCHHHHHH
'If people refuse to accept you, then I'll just accept you even more.'
May 19, 2013 6:09 AM

Mar 2008
What had I said? It happened exactly what i predicted, that shity music when the group decides to follow Mikasa, that "We Are Cool People Doing Cool Thing in War."

Raigrex said:
symbv said:
As manga reader, I don't really think this plot twist is mysterious or anything. I'm speechless at those people who think it's boring cause its predictable as hell, this is just the beginning :/

I, too, didn't like. But as you say, that was only the beginning of everything. In the end, it's was a worth twist.

Now I imagine... what people would thing of that another twist, e also that ANOTHER twist... Will be fun.
PaninaManinaMay 19, 2013 6:15 AM
May 19, 2013 6:13 AM
Apr 2011
The soldiers didn't do the "cool thing" because it was the "cool thing". They had orders to retreat. They couldn't fulfil those orders since they didn't have enough gas. So, in order to retreat they need to secure more gas.

Just staying there is disobeying the order to retreat, not to mention that it is tantamount to suicide.
Pages (20) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

36 by InsomniacBastard »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.