Forum Settings
Forums

Bands that you know are bad yet for some reason you still like it

New
May 18, 2013 9:58 AM

Sep 2011
I tend to find this in my music library here and there. There will be a band or singer that I should hate and does things i usually hate but for some reason they work

The big one that i know is bad yet i really like for some reason is these guys

Generic sound, repetitive, really bad lyrics, all their songs are essentially the samelike seriously this song here is pretty much the same in tempo and chorus
, and just overall bland. yet for some reason i really like listening to these guys. Even when their songs sound so similar

Any bands/singers that are like this for you?
JizzyHitlerMay 18, 2013 10:01 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 18, 2013 10:08 AM

Mar 2013
Yeah, it's those bands that suck horribly, but have an exceptional song that is just catchy! Take PSY's gangnam style for example. I don't even understand the lyrics, but it was pretty catchy, hence I enjoyed listening to it for the first 2 months. Then I got sick of it lol
May 18, 2013 11:38 AM

Nov 2012
AbovePsycho said:
Yeah, it's those bands that suck horribly, but have an exceptional song that is just catchy! Take PSY's gangnam style for example. I don't even understand the lyrics, but it was pretty catchy, hence I enjoyed listening to it for the first 2 months. Then I got sick of it lol

i got sick of it within 30 minutes :P
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever."
"Anon is legitimately retarded so you shouldn't be too proud of yourself." -Enema
May 18, 2013 12:27 PM

Apr 2011
Psy - Gentleman.

It is horrible in a sense, yet too catchy for its own good. Same with Gangnam Style.
May 18, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2011
Nidstang said:
Psy - Gentleman.

It is horrible in a sense, yet too catchy for its own good. Same with Gangnam Style.
guys this isnt for specific songs, this is about entire bands that suck but for some reason you like

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 18, 2013 2:02 PM

Apr 2009
three days grace is pretty crappy and repetitive yet still manages to have over 100 plays on my last.fm
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
May 18, 2013 2:03 PM
May 2012
The second video seems to have a faster tempo, but yeah...they sound almost exactly alike.

As for me...well if I enjoy a band's music, I generally like them, and don't consider them bad.
May 19, 2013 11:20 AM

Dec 2012
I would have to go with Linkin Park. I like their first 2 albums and even Minutes to Midnight to some extent but I just can't stand their new electronic stuff.
May 23, 2013 9:14 AM

Mar 2013
Billy Talent, especially their first album.

So bad, it's good. But their fourth album is so bad it's bad :/

3nvy said:
that eoten be eatin the pizza pi

Does anybody know a way that a body could get away?
May 23, 2013 9:40 AM

Feb 2012
Last days of humanity or Anal Cunt - mind-numbing, extreme goregrind, all tracks are based on the same riff and rhythmic pattern, still, I love to listen to them just for the sheer fun of listening to something that is not music at all.

Also, a great way to psyche myself up before a stressing day : D

wrongdoerMay 23, 2013 9:44 AM
May 23, 2013 9:43 AM

Feb 2012
I would say Coldplay, but their first 3 albums were actually really good.
And also Limp Bizkit, CSFAHDFW is the most hilariously retarded album ever
May 23, 2013 5:40 PM

Sep 2009
Evanescence.
Their music is so dramatic and just crappy. The singer has a good voice but it's all just mainstream junk but I really enjoy it.
May 23, 2013 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
modest_machine said:
Last days of humanity or Anal Cunt - mind-numbing, extreme goregrind, all tracks are based on the same riff and rhythmic pattern, still, I love to listen to them just for the sheer fun of listening to something that is not music at all.

lol was the a bong at 16 seconds in?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 24, 2013 7:05 AM

Apr 2008
Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley....
May 24, 2013 8:02 AM

May 2013
Creed and nickleback.For some reason I enjoy them but I understand its not great music.
It's insane how awesome Fate/Zero is.
May 24, 2013 9:22 AM

Jan 2012

This... It's pretty much a parody but for some reason I can't help but love them.
May 24, 2013 9:56 AM

Jan 2013
dlonc said:
Creed and nickleback.For some reason I enjoy them but I understand its not great music.
The hate I get over the Internet for listening to Nickelback is enormous. As a musician, I know better than most what's wrong with them. Still listen to them for some reason.
May 24, 2013 11:34 AM

Apr 2011
Creed.
May 24, 2013 7:24 PM

Feb 2012
ReasonDesu said:

This... It's pretty much a parody but for some reason I can't help but love them.

I'd say it's all about parody, nothing about the project is serious. They make fun of all mainstream artists and yet play music that seems better than all the stuff you can find on radio playlists. Plus the female vocalist is ubersexah.
May 24, 2013 10:16 PM

Jul 2012
Maroon 5(1st album) & Nickelback
May 25, 2013 4:20 AM

Jan 2012
modest_machine said:
ReasonDesu said:

I'd say it's all about parody, nothing about the project is serious. They make fun of all mainstream artists and yet play music that seems better than all the stuff you can find on radio playlists. Plus the female vocalist is ubersexah.

Yeah if you watch a lot of their other stuff on YouTube it's all parody pretty much and extremely funny. The best thing I've ever heard come out of South Africa, I'm really addicted to the accent too, yeah Yolandi Visser is just mind blowing.

ReasonDesuMay 25, 2013 4:49 AM
May 25, 2013 9:52 PM

Mar 2013
Andrew Jackson Jihad

Terrible lyricist.
May 26, 2013 4:23 PM

Jun 2010
Do rappers count? I listen to crappy rap all the time just for fun with my friends.
May 26, 2013 7:13 PM
Jan 2013
StrictlyStupid said:
Andrew Jackson Jihad

Terrible lyricist.

Andrew Jackson Jihad are GOAT and the lyrics are the best part
May 27, 2013 12:20 AM
May 2013
Simple Plan :(
May 27, 2013 12:23 AM

Jan 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
modest_machine said:

lol was the a bong at 16 seconds in?

This song... The bass at the beginning is pretty catchy though...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 27, 2013 12:56 AM

Dec 2007
I'm don't get Internet's hate for Nickleback. I remember genuinely liking a couple of their songs when I was a kid. Care to enlighten me?
May 27, 2013 1:01 AM

Aug 2009
Britney Spears. It's kind of a nostalgia thing. Plus I think it's a lesser evil to people like Nicki Minaj and Rihanna.

paper-dreams said:
I'm don't get Internet's hate for Nickleback. I remember genuinely liking a couple of their songs when I was a kid. Care to enlighten me?

Word is that the lead guy is kind of a douche.

May 27, 2013 9:09 AM

Sep 2011
FacelessVixen said:
Britney Spears. It's kind of a nostalgia thing. Plus I think it's a lesser evil to people like Nicki Minaj and Rihanna.

paper-dreams said:

Word is that the lead guy is kind of a douche.
They can also only write one song

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 27, 2013 1:58 PM

Apr 2009
paper-dreams said:

A lot of it is obviously just herd mentality but theres a reason behind anything starting, they tend to be really repetitive like the above video. ^
Also lol everybody loves to call them nickleback (its nickelback)
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
May 28, 2013 3:50 PM

Feb 2013
Elintu said:
Some powermetal- and symphonic metalbands. It's my guilty pleasure.
It's not crappy or bad music in general, it's just cheeeeeeeesy overall.

Psh, get outta here. Kamelot is delicious. Thread title is bands that are bad, not who you THINK is cheesy.

Anyway, System of a Down is probably THE most repetitive band that I enjoy listening to. The songs are just catchy.

I also have to admit I was on the Limp Bizkit band wagon for a bit. The only album I still have is Thee Dollar Bill just because I think it was their "best" work. Mainly for the sound. Fred's lyrics are still just plain whiny, always were.

I like Linkin' Park up to Meteora. The rest is garbage. I think Mike's lyrics make more sense as Fort Minor.

And then there's the Metallicats. I actually like a couple of songs from Load and Reload even though I came to terms that Metallica just fell the fuck off. Not sure this really counts, but there it is.
NTADMay 28, 2013 3:55 PM
May 28, 2013 4:49 PM

Jul 2010
Look, I despise Courtney Love with every fiber of my being, but I shamefully admit that I can stand some Hole albums.
And they. are. AWFUL.
May 28, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2011
Valkyrie_Wings said:
Look, I despise Courtney Love with every fiber of my being, but I shamefully admit that I can stand some Hole albums.
And they. are. AWFUL.
Well hole was rumored to be written by kurt cobain not love

Also love is a shit person, i dont think her music is shit though. Charles manson is a horrible human being but that doesnt mean his music is bad because of that

Oh if only he didnt go off and kill all those people. He could have made some great music throughout the decades

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jun 1, 2013 5:35 AM
Mar 2013
Anal Cunt were actually conventionally good as far as grindcore goes. The only expectation is that they melt your face off and occasionally groove like hell, which they fulfilled.

I love Motorhead, although I think the sex-drugs-rocknroll thing was totally tired by the 80s. I guess it's just that I find it a little more justified coming from a guy who's basically a 70 year old pirate/cowboy and who is actually just writing what he knows, not posing. Also, their music's more interesting than people give them credit for, falling somewhere between proto-metal, oldschool rock and punk, but nevertheless feeling totally distinct.

Nevermind, Motorhead doesn't belong in this thread.
Jun 2, 2013 8:24 AM

Feb 2012
Cbubbles said:
Anal Cunt were actually conventionally good as far as grindcore goes. The only expectation is that they melt your face off and occasionally groove like hell, which they fulfilled.

I'd say that members of Anal Cunt do better in other projects, especially Pig Destroyer and Agoraphobic Nosebleed. Still, they formed the band to simply have laughs at racism, feminism, hipsters and other scum. As a non-serious side project, they do their job well.
Jun 2, 2013 4:58 PM
Mar 2013
Yeah, although arguably the extra sheen/professionalism of a group like Pig Destroyer is counterproductive to the genre's appeal. Getting on Relapse has always kinda been the death knell of a band's weird, raw side. (Not saying ANB or Cephalic Carnage or whatever aren't "weird," but it's kind of a label-approved weird.)

About Nickelback, I assume most of the people wondering what's so bad about them are in their teens, or don't really care about rock in general. You just had to be there since the early 90s hearing every post-Nirvana band sound exactly the same to get what's so awful about them.
Jun 3, 2013 11:36 AM

Feb 2012
Cbubbles said:
Yeah, although arguably the extra sheen/professionalism of a group like Pig Destroyer is counterproductive to the genre's appeal. Getting on Relapse has always kinda been the death knell of a band's weird, raw side. (Not saying ANB or Cephalic Carnage or whatever aren't "weird," but it's kind of a label-approved weird.)

Both Pig Destroyer and ANb are remarkable and interesting in their own way. I would't say that their turning away from Releapse Records would have a significant impact on their style. Plus, what you call the genre's appeal and raw side of the music is mostly represented by amateur bands or early representatives of grindcore, who couldn't compose anything else than ultra violent, primitive and at the same time repetitive stuff with low-tuned guitars and blast drums. I'd even say that modern grindcore turns in the direction set by PG and ANB - Brutal Truth, Nasum, Discordance Axis, Today is the day - all those projects feel nothing like the early grindcore. The technical complexity of compositions goes along with the specific sound of all those bands. And there is nothing wrong with that, I believe, as long as they give me the feeling that I can crush bricks with my bare hand and rape three nymphos at the same time, just like the very early grindcore records did. To sum up - as long as the overall message and energy represented by the genre remains the same, I don't care how does the band play and under whose banner they record their stuff.
Jun 5, 2013 11:06 AM

Mar 2013
I wanted to retract my previous statement and say that Billy Talent's fourth album, Dead Silence, is not bad.

Kind of irrelevant.

Sorry.

3nvy said:
that eoten be eatin the pizza pi

Does anybody know a way that a body could get away?
Jun 5, 2013 2:11 PM

Aug 2009
Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows. If it weren't for that one song being a Lollipop Chainsaw, I wouldn't even know about them.

Jun 5, 2013 2:38 PM

Jun 2010
Kpop Idol groups.
i have a weakness for dancing metrosexual asian men in sparkling suits x__x
Jun 5, 2013 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
Nickelback.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jun 5, 2013 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
Peoples reaction to Nickelback always amuses me.
Jun 7, 2013 3:44 PM

May 2012
Maybe not so much bands, but I have a tendency to listen to shitty rap music every now and then, like Juicy J, Waka Flocka or Rick Ross... Their rhymes blow so hard but the instrumentals get you so hyped up!.
Jun 7, 2013 3:47 PM

Jul 2012
RoastedLikeEva said:
Maybe not so much bands, but I have a tendency to listen to shitty rap music every now and then, like Juicy J, Waka Flocka or Rick Ross... Their rhymes blow so hard but the instrumentals get you so hyped up!.

I understand I do the same thing but thats because I've come to understand that Rick Ross & Waka's music is for certain situations.
Groovy_QJun 9, 2013 5:11 PM
Jun 8, 2013 12:27 AM

Oct 2009
Classic Case. They're so bad yet so good. Their lyrics are laughable. I'm amazed the members of Classic Case could write something decent in Telescreen.

Jun 8, 2013 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
Most of the grindcore, speedcore, and happy hardcore I have is shit, with rare exceptions. Everyone on this list has at least a handful of tracks I enjoy and deem "good," or at least a reason for me to lend an ear to their music.

Artists included in this group:
goreshit (the living god of happy hardcore, whom I love dearly, and yet still has absolute trash albums)
odaxelagnia (has one OUTSTANDING album and a handful of other awesome tracks, but obviously has issues with motivation)
Reizoko Cj
Akamushi
lolishit
Nyojikko (really quite talented, but sometimes makes train wrecks even by happy hardcore standards)
Annoying Ringtone

Other artists that are bad overall, but I still listen to:
Orangy - Puts out acceptable tracks about one in every ten times, but I respect the man and his work on YT and for MDE
Sabrepulse - (any of his work after Close To Me is really trash, but I love him too much to give in)
Com Truise - (Vaporwave bullshit, as I've come to know it's called. I like one of his albums but won't skip the others when they come up on shuffle)
Tobacco - (Imagine one innovative Beck song played over and over in different arranges, pressed onto several albums. You only need to hear one Tobacco track, they're all the same.)
Kinky - (I listen to them because of John McCrea)
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

More topics from this board

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - 3 hours ago

0 by FFandMMfan »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » The Sopranos vs The Wire vs Breaking Bad

DOSS300 - 4 hours ago

0 by DOSS300 »»
4 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - 6 hours ago

1 by Amityblight »»
4 hours ago

» What's the worst movie you've ever watched? ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 10, 2017

117 by Otakupervert890 »»
7 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

12 by 56709 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.