Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 13, 2007 12:30 PM
Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ep 2 has aired! Thoughts?

Before I watched the episode, it was brought up with how this episode used actual names of places. So they're really sticking to having the show in the future from our time.
SergOct 13, 2007 6:02 PM
Oct 13, 2007 1:01 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Um... right. I don't think it's the purpose of these topics to tell people that this episode has aired. Especially since the majority has to rely on subs.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 13, 2007 1:04 PM

Nov 2006
cyruz said:
Um... right. I don't think it's the purpose of these topics to tell people that this episode has aired. Especially since the majority has to rely on subs.
Agreed...since it's a discussion and all.
Oct 13, 2007 7:48 PM
Feb 2007
I just finished watching it with anons subs. Liked the explanation of the big 3 powers and what not. Lockon's Haro is win for being able to pilot.
Oct 13, 2007 9:34 PM

Jun 2007
I'm liking how the Gundams are the bad guys this time round. My friend had a theory before and I guess he was right. All the leaders of the world, at some point in the show, will probably join forces to fight a mutual enemy (the gundams); and with them all joined together this would ultimately bring peace to the people on earth since their focus would be on finding and fighting the Gundams. I'm guessing this is also why what's her name said "this is our pain" or some shit like that when she was floating around on the ship talking to her self. Cant wait till the next ep :)
Oct 13, 2007 10:05 PM

Mar 2007
DeathfireD said:
I'm liking how the Gundams are the bad guys this time round. My friend had a theory before and I guess he was right. All the leaders of the world, at some point in the show, will probably join forces to fight a mutual enemy (the gundams); and with them all joined together this would ultimately bring peace to the people on earth since their focus would be on finding and fighting the Gundams.

It will be interesting to see though if once all those countries are united, if Celestial Being will continue to fight.
skygtr said:
Liked the explanation of the big 3 powers

It seems as though Africa for the most part according to the map screens, isn't part of any major united country, so any ideas/theories on whats the deal?

Dibs on Ishida!
Oct 14, 2007 6:21 AM

Sep 2007
An interesting episode. I also liked how they described the three powers. Not much else to say so I'll be waiting for the next ep :)
Oct 14, 2007 10:52 AM
Jun 2007
Sukotsutsu said:

It seems as though Africa for the most part according to the map screens, isn't part of any major united country, so any ideas/theories on whats the deal?

It's owned by the Advanced Euopean thingy.

Oct 14, 2007 1:00 PM

May 2007
skygtr said:
I just finished watching it with anons subs. Liked the explanation of the big 3 powers and what not. Lockon's Haro is win for being able to pilot.

Yeah, that would have been more helpful in the first episode.

Anyway, we really didn't find out anything new in this episode, just a bit more about Celestial Being's purpose, at least on the surface. They probably have some other hidden agenda that no one knows about as of yet.

Next episode should be pretty good, with the battle between the Flag and Setsuna's gundam.
Oct 14, 2007 4:57 PM

Jul 2007
This episode was certainly more interesting then the last. Outside of learning a little bit more about the current affairs and a little bit more about Celestial Being the episode was rather bland story wise (though the fights were pretty good).

Next episode looks to be good, hopefully more will be revealed.
Oct 14, 2007 5:37 PM

Jun 2007
I thought it was way more interesting than the first episode, but I can't say I like the name Celestial Being. It sounds kinda stupid.
Oct 14, 2007 6:11 PM

Sep 2007
orade said:
I thought it was way more interesting than the first episode, but I can't say I like the name Celestial Being. It sounds kinda stupid.

Yeah, especially when they have a Japanese accent to it =/
Oct 14, 2007 6:53 PM

Jun 2007
orade said:

not to mention Gundam Meisters it annoyingly stupid too lol
Oct 14, 2007 10:36 PM
Sep 2007
I like how the gunda,s seem to be the bad guys as DeathfireD stated. gives it that little twist.
Oct 14, 2007 10:59 PM

Sep 2007
DeathfireD said:

not to mention Gundam Meisters it annoyingly stupid too lol

what you expecet for german XD
anyway was a good epi especially some nice fight with the exilia
TenshinOct 14, 2007 11:09 PM
Oct 14, 2007 11:51 PM

Aug 2006
It was a good episode but things are really moving slowly. I hope it picks up soon.
Oct 15, 2007 1:03 AM
Sep 2006
running_lemon said:
It was a good episode but things are really moving slowly. I hope it picks up soon.

Actually, I agree with you RL, I think things are moving slowly despite the fact it's only the first two episodes; regardless, I kind of miss that Gundam flare. I guess the action seems mild in comparison to the Gundams' I'm use to. Either way, it's been said already that it's neat to see the main characters as bad guys, but I disagree. I would enjoy it if Gundams stood a bit more for peace than anything else, but this is coming from the girl whose waiting for the pacifist princess. xP

Full review and a new opening found here
Oct 15, 2007 5:42 AM

Aug 2007
I like the episode. The talk of how the three groups of which territory was good, but other than that it was ok. I can't wait to see the fight in next episode.
Oct 16, 2007 4:24 AM

May 2007
i liked it, it had everything: politics and action! what would you want more in a mechanime? (maybe romance, but just go watch macross then)

Oct 16, 2007 1:12 PM

Oct 2006
DeathfireD said:
I'm liking how the Gundams are the bad guys this time round. My friend had a theory before and I guess he was right. All the leaders of the world, at some point in the show, will probably join forces to fight a mutual enemy (the gundams); and with them all joined together this would ultimately bring peace to the people on earth since their focus would be on finding and fighting the Gundams. I'm guessing this is also why what's her name said "this is our pain" or some shit like that when she was floating around on the ship talking to her self. Cant wait till the next ep :)
Yeah, judging from the clues giving in this episode it's the logical conclusion.
I find it really interesting that they're trying to build the show around the "fight violence with violence" premise.

Kanashimi said:
running_lemon said:

Actually, I agree with you RL, I think things are moving slowly despite the fact it's only the first two episodes; regardless, I kind of miss that Gundam flare. I guess the action seems mild in comparison to the Gundams' I'm use to. Either way, it's been said already that it's neat to see the main characters as bad guys, but I disagree. I would enjoy it if Gundams stood a bit more for peace than anything else, but this is coming from the girl whose waiting for the pacifist princess. xP

Full review and a new opening found here
Maybe it's indeed slower then the other Gundams (I can't tell since this is my first), but IMO the show is anything but slow so far. It's showing some nice action scenes while still having time to throw in so explanations and present the factions and characters.

The show is making a pretty good impression so far. Not only at the story&premise level but also art-wise and music-wise.
Oct 16, 2007 1:18 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm not too much into it, and I haven't seen any other Gundam shows but so far I'm enjoying this one.

And I have to mention it, I love, l-o-v-e Mendoi's and Conclave's OP typeset.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 16, 2007 3:52 PM

Feb 2007
DeathfireD said:
orade said:

not to mention Gundam Meister it annoyingly stupid too lol

AHAHHA gundam meister indeed. Celestial being is fine, gundam Meister is not.

running_lemon said:

Well better slow than having WTF FILLER in the middle. I think they are taking it a bit slower to cut down on fillers.. maybe???!!?!

we can hope at least.

Kayrhandros said:
DeathfireD said:
Yeah, judging from the clues giving in this episode it's the logical conclusion.
I find it really interesting that they're trying to build the show around the "fight violence with violence" premise.

I figured that out too. They seemed to all be accepting that they had to be the badguys to unite the world.. :D

That being said, I am not a setsuna fan at this moment (YES, Gundam is all about teh bishies) .

My favourites so far are: Tieria Erde and Graham Acre.. and a bunch others could be awesome (only character so far who I am not a fan of is Setsuna.. to Shinn like imo)
Oct 21, 2007 11:01 AM

Jun 2007
well... its the first gundam i have watched so i wouldent know if it better or worse than its predecessors, but so far i think its pretty interesting. It is pretty slow for a mecha anime but then again its only ep 2. At least we saw a minor battle.
The dude with the purpule hair (whos name i dont know cause he has like two... i dont know if one of those names was the gundam's name or wut lol i think im just confused) only looks like a dude when he has his helmet on. XD lol

Oct 22, 2007 6:48 AM

Nov 2004
I'm of course as late as always considering I can't download anything. But yeah, I finally saw the episode.

I really liked the action scenes. It's pretty. The storyline was a bit slow, didn't think this episode pushed much ahead because re-establishing the point that the Celestial Being (I wish they would put an S on the end and call themselves the Celestial Beings at least) are sacrificing themselves for the good of the world. Umm... I like Lockon and his Haro. Setsuna is like stone. He's even worse then Shinn. And it's hard getting worse then Shinn. Anyway, ice cold main characters are pretty boring to watch. Hope he gains more emotions as time goes on (or maybe he just needs more lines).

Allelujah was kind of funny actually. Wonder if he's religous despite being a mass murderer.

Oh and comparing to other Gundams, this show has pacing that is a lot different so I guess some people might be taken aback a bit. I know I am. But I like what I'm seeing so far.
Oct 29, 2007 4:03 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Well, I'm even slower than you Crystal. Wasn't sure if I should watch this show or not, but I think BlueSnow kinda talked me into it xD

My major thoughts were:
- YAY! Canada hasn't been swallowed by the US!
- Why are Australia, Japan and Africa left out of the unions (although I think there's been some explanation on that)
- that orange blob in that one guys gundam (i can't remember any names but Setsuna so far...) reminds me of the floating yellow blob in Heroic Age, only the yellow one was better xD
- What the hell kind of name is "Haptism, Allelujah" (I thought it said Baptism, the first time I read it)
- The optical engineering chapter at my university recently started to take part in an international competition called "Space Elevator" which is REALLY similar to these Orbital elevators... talk about creepy. I can tell you, they are no where near building anything like this though. They want to build it out of carbon nanotubes (strongest material) but they don't know how to fuse individual tubes together xD
Wow... I just NERDED OUT this discussion ^^;
Jun 1, 2008 12:52 AM

May 2008
i find the action in this episode quite boring...
Aug 24, 2008 8:50 PM

Jan 2008
So far, I haven't really grown to the feel of the series yet. It still doesn't really strike an interest. I hope it gets better soon....
Dec 28, 2008 4:24 AM
Nov 2007
They show the Flags so fast, great. And Graham's fetish for Gundams is already shown in the end of the episode xD.
Dec 29, 2008 1:08 AM
Dec 2008
it seem o.k. i'll keep watching just to see what happens.
to little to late.

Jan 2, 2009 4:05 PM

Dec 2008
I appreciate that this is about politics, war and philosophy of war in a mecha action format, and it's probably just my tastes, but there seems to be very little characterisation so far. Most of the soldiers and politicians just seem to serve as random narrators.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Apr 11, 2009 9:13 PM

Mar 2009
This episode was much slower paced than the last (which was perfectly paced), so it did get a little boring in the middle. However I liked how this setting gets explained here, and we learn just a bit more about who Celestial Being really is. They really showed their commitment to their cause by saying that they're planning on having the world turn against them instead of each other. There's also some mystery to Setsuna and I can't wait to find out what's up with that. Right now he doesn't seem to have much of a personality but I'm really hoping that will change soon. And finally there's that mystery concerning that old man, how can he show up in that time if he's supposedly been dead for 200 years? Anyway this episode gave us some good info. at the cost of being a little boring in the end. I gave it a 3/5
Aug 15, 2009 6:33 AM

Sep 2008
Okay, nice to know those groups and what countries belong to them. And that old guy is 200 years old?! O_o And yeah, I do not like Gundam Meisters, it just sounds stupid.
Feb 6, 2010 6:24 PM

Nov 2008
Well, this was much better. I'm sold.

The story line seems interesting.
Feb 26, 2010 7:29 PM

Jun 2008
CERESTIRU BINGUH.

Yeah. Kind of interesting, but to be honest I'm pretty bored and it's not catching my attention. It's slow and I'm sure it may pick up and maybe I will in the future. So, dropping!
May 14, 2010 6:09 AM

Apr 2009
currently on this episode courtesy of Conclave-Mendoi sub.

Interesting geopolitical map. It seems HRL's orbital space elevator is on the Pacific Ocean, north of Solomon Islands and somewhere at the south edge of the real world Micronesia. Japan and Australia are near it's upper and lower flanks which seems to be part of the Union. I can already imagine the Union doing a pincer attack on it! LOL

Celestial Being's missions remind me of Mithril from Full Metal Panic! but their strategic objective (all hate directed at them) reminds me in turn of the Zero Requiem from Code Geass R2. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 26, 2010 6:18 PM

Jun 2009
I am new to the whole Gundam thing, it has been many years since I have watched one. I laugh because I don't really have any Gundam jargon or anything so I am learning a little bit as I go. I enjoyed this episode more because it allowed for an introduction. I am interested to see what happens.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 29, 2010 5:24 PM

Sep 2009
I can't say I'm digging the politics in this show because for a New World Order concept they're going for, the world divide that they create in this show is awfully cliched. Not to mention the names they use are horrifically pretentious (Ceylon? Why would they go and change the name back to something that was used in the colonial era?). Not feeling anything for the characters so far either; not a good way to start. 2/5
Aug 3, 2010 3:08 PM

Aug 2009
Oooh very similar to Geass way at the end with the hate focus. Loving this series so far!
Aug 8, 2010 2:11 AM

Oct 2008
MASARUwota said:
i liked it, it had everything: politics and action! what would you want more in a mechanime? (maybe romance, but just go watch macross then)

exactly . . This is such a complete show . .

P.S . . Rewatchin :)
Aug 19, 2010 12:19 AM

Jan 2009
"Gaundoom maista". Indeed, sounds pretty retarded. Other than that not much of a plot development except for that Mobile Suit that went against Setsuna, the 3 powers aren't supposed to have such an advanced technology so how come that this Suit has the ability to go on an all out skirmish against Exia?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 19, 2010 1:41 AM

Aug 2009
its a very much in politics.
i like setsuna, haha.
his character is very cold.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jan 1, 2011 8:20 PM

Jul 2010
“We intervene in other nations’ conflicts for our own people’s safety and for national interest.”

Lol, that sounds so much like USA to me. -___-

Haro's pretty cool.

Awesome ownage by Setsuna.
Mar 12, 2011 5:08 PM
Nov 2010
It doesn't make sense. They're not interfering, they are just killing everyone going to war. Doing nothing will do the same thing in the end.
Apr 17, 2011 11:08 PM

Sep 2009
SuperSaiyen said:
It doesn't make sense. They're not interfering, they are just killing everyone going to war. Doing nothing will do the same thing in the end.

Wait and let the plot unfold young grasshooper.

If you were paying full attention to the episode details you would have seen major forshadowing that the plan is not such a simple one.

I like that orange Zeta like thing. It's pretty cool.
The sniper guy and his Haro rock as well.
Not sure if Im going to warm up to Setsuna.
May 28, 2011 6:17 PM

May 2009
Graham Aker, Flag fighter! So fucking badass.

Setsuna's flashbacks are always so intense, and I love the way everyone flies off and leaves Lockon to do the "babysitting" afterwards. Hilarious.
Oct 10, 2012 10:32 PM

Jul 2010
Setsuna: "A Gundam. I am a Gundam."

What?!
kusushiOct 12, 2012 8:25 AM
Apr 14, 2013 5:49 AM

Mar 2013
kusushi said:
Setsuna: "A Gundam. I am a Gundam."

What?!
huehue

Another nicely done episode. I like that moment of badass when Setsuna took out those other two Mobile Suits chasing after the retreating ones.
Apr 16, 2013 11:48 AM

Aug 2010
Finally see the Gundam meisters together!

I wonder if the Flag is strong because that look on Setsuna's face when he saw it.. And looks like Setsuna got himself an enemy that Graham Aker guy!

Seems there's more to Celestial Being's agenda rather than just "eradicating war".. Gives me the impression that it's trying to be the bad guy to unite the Union, AEU and HRA..
Apr 8, 2014 2:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Celestial Being are badasses but it seems the Aker guy will be their nemesis. Good second chapter too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 18, 2014 4:21 PM

Feb 2013
How to stop the fighting... wipe out BOTH sides... nobody left to fight. I like that this Gundam series is a bit darker.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Requal - Mar 28, 2008

187 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KrylonBlue - Mar 7, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KrylonBlue - Feb 23, 2008

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Feb 16, 2008

82 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 2, 2007

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 25, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.