Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is freaking kawaii imo:

PA Works sure likes the characters in a fashion. All the outfits in this episode gave me a traditional sense of festivity.

Some of the artwork in this episode were a bit peculiar.
>He caught her. Oh wow.
May 18, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
School festival day with Sengoku theme. She's cute with dango hair (first time he laughed!). She was almost taken from being another model. Wow, she's so popular after her being model.

In the end was a bit "laggy", but nice that he appeared.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 18, 2013 1:54 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Masumi? What the hell is HE doing there? (I couldn't follow what they were saying at all)

Arrg! So frustrating. I just can't understand enough of what they are saying most of the time. Though I think I did understand enough of what Izumiko and Mayura were saying in the intro to find that very interesting.

That was a great looking school festival. I'm sure, however, Izumiko got more out of the haunted house than the organizers intended ;)
May 19, 2013 11:21 AM
Apr 2013
Really enjoyed this episode.
I started to fan-girl scream when Miyuki laughed. ( Gave me the chills...)
However at the end I was like, "MAAASUMI?! WHY CHU HERE!"

:P I wonder why Izumiko was crying at the beginning? All I understood was: Sagara-kun
May 20, 2013 1:49 AM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
Masumi? What the hell is HE doing there? (I couldn't follow what they were saying at all)
You asked the same question Izumiko asked lol. Basically Masumi just said that he is always around and does not always need Mayur/Manatsu to summon him to come to the real world. In fact he wants to see Izumiko and so he appears. He also said that he could feel mantras being around in the campus but he said it would be easy for him to clear them up. When Izumiko asked Masumi to wait (perhaps she thinks it's not a good idea to just go and clear the mantras) Masumi is gone.

The political maneuvers shown in this episode is really intriguing. Who would know the Head of the Festival Execution Committee is actually from Tokakushi and is doing Mayura's dad's bidding???

====

I can feel that the next episode is where SHIT really hits the fan. Just you wait...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 20, 2013 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
Suzuhara as a China girl lol. She's so cute >_<
Lol I didn't understand what they're saying.

Lololol:
onepineMay 20, 2013 10:42 AM
May 21, 2013 8:37 AM
May 2013
Anyone know where I can find this episode with English subtitles? I'm dying here! Lol
May 21, 2013 6:00 PM

Oct 2012
angelickitty said:
Anyone know where I can find this episode with English subtitles? I'm dying here! Lol

Yeah. No subs even now. It's a good thing that I somehow understand mostly of it. XD still i wish there are some subs.
May 23, 2013 1:32 PM

Mar 2009
Anyone know what the hold up with the subs showing up is?
May 25, 2013 9:38 AM

Jan 2013
It was a long wait for subs but well worth it. Izumiko was cute, jealous of the goddess and Miyuki's interaction. I hope Izumiko can become stronger like the goddess without becoming her.

I'm still a little confused with the political struggle going on campus. :/
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
May 25, 2013 10:35 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
LOL - when I watched the raw a few days ago, in the opening part, I thought she said she was afraid for Miyuki, but she actually said 'even Miyuki was afraid'. Trivial difference, right? Right? Ah, well.

Hmm. That last conversation between Izumiko and Masumi - I got a bad feeling about what Masumi might have been implying.
May 25, 2013 11:16 AM

May 2013
Good episode.
May 25, 2013 12:14 PM

Aug 2012
So there is a possibility that Izumiko and the Goddess are the same person? I am wondering the Goddess is from the future who sided with nature and was then kept in a preserved state, so she travels back in time to fix her mistakes through her ancestors and find people who are capable of defeating her?
May 25, 2013 1:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Two more episodes and I'm still not too entirely sure what's going on o_o nevertheless, I still love it. The part where Izumiko was in the haunted house was creepy, with all the ghosts and the arms chasing after her. I love the part where Miyuki laughed at Izumiko! So cute! (btw did Izumiko always called Miyuki "Miyuki-kun?" I thought she used to call him Sagara-kun, or maybe that's just me...) All the lovely MiyuMiko scenes <3
May 25, 2013 7:43 PM

May 2011
I would've liked to see how Miyuki made the Goddess leave and had Suzuhara come back. It felt like a cliffhanger last episode, but they totally skipped over that part. How disappointing...
May 26, 2013 12:25 AM

Jan 2013
This was an alright episode.
May 26, 2013 5:00 AM

Feb 2013
Her hairrrrr

May 26, 2013 7:38 AM

May 2010
Suzuhara was really cute in this episode:D
May 26, 2013 8:59 AM

Sep 2011
tingy said:
Two more episodes and I'm still not too entirely sure what's going on o_o nevertheless, I still love it. The part where Izumiko was in the haunted house was creepy, with all the ghosts and the arms chasing after her. I love the part where Miyuki laughed at Izumiko! So cute! (btw did Izumiko always called Miyuki "Miyuki-kun?" I thought she used to call him Sagara-kun, or maybe that's just me...) All the lovely MiyuMiko scenes <3

Izumiko called Miyuki "Miyuki-kun" until he told him not to call him "Miyuki" because his father calls him it and he hates it. :3
May 26, 2013 4:54 PM

Aug 2012
Slow in parts, but on the other hand you can tell they're having to burn through material. Interested to see how the battle game plays out.
May 26, 2013 5:25 PM

Jan 2008
The "father" is such a prick. I use quotation marks because I question his ability as a parent. It's no wonder Miyuki hates him with a passion due to Yukimasa's inflated head; even Izumiko calls him out on that by saying he went too far. To be rebellious was one thing at the very beginning of the series, but after coming this far, we know more about the father's shitty personality. "Tough-love"? Yeah, there's none of that here.
I thought parents were supposed to encourage their children, while guiding them through life until they're adults; toward a better path... but he's plain condescending, blames Miyuki at every chance he gets for essentially nothing, and puts the princess's priority over his own son to the point he doesn't see Izumiko as a person, but a "thing" to house the princess that needs to be protected at all costs, including all aspects of her life, while viewing his own son as disposable and inferior to himself.

That Hayakawa...sometimes I just want to grab people like him by the hair and slam his face on the table in front of them. I hate underhanded scheming bastards like him. There was absolutely no need for him to be all secrets until he revealed his true intent after the broadcast. It's not like Takayanagi has ears on the walls. ....This opinion may be biased because I'm starting to hate all characters voiced by Miyano Mamoru after hearing him so many damn times. Some people have voices that can be utilized for many different characters, but Miyano Mamoru reminds me of Vince Vaughn or Owen Wilson of Hollywood, who do the SAME DAMN CHARACTER every single time. There are only a few rare instances where he does a good job like Gundam 00, but at all other times he can usually be described as "Drab as a fool, aloof as a bard".

Izumiko's hair buns were cute.
Estoy_GordoMay 26, 2013 5:37 PM
May 26, 2013 9:44 PM

Aug 2012
^His roles in Steins;Gate and Chihayafuru are pretty different, and he's done an excellent job in both. Hayakawa is hardly important and gets little lines, so it's not like this was a major role for him.
May 27, 2013 12:17 AM

Feb 2012
Miyuki is an ass, why did he laugh at Suzuhara? She looked really cute with that hairstyle.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 28, 2013 2:15 AM

Mar 2013
Triforce in RDG? Hell yeah!

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for large images.
LunaJun 18, 2013 8:48 AM
May 28, 2013 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Although the plot well this time does not show a meritorious tube, the narrative succeeds with its ironic touches to please me the bet, that despite the great slowness has on his great work of the PA Works, which beautiful designs and hair were Izumiko especially attractive for their complexity! Also note the great attention in the design during the various scenes in which Izumiko showed with his hair, the colorful bows that decorated the hairstyle were so defined! Cute! There will be a second season?
May 28, 2013 9:38 AM

Sep 2012
terrablu2003 said:
There will be a second season?
Most if not all the 6 volumes of the novel will be covered, so I'd say a 2nd season is unlikely.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 29, 2013 12:40 PM

Feb 2012
In the near 2 week period wait between this episode and episode 9 I completely forgot what happened in the previous episode. Oh well judging by the episode it looks like I didn't miss much. Good episode, I usually enjoy school festival episodes.
Jun 4, 2013 2:59 AM

May 2013
Aw, Izumiko's really cute with that hairstyle.

Lol, no wonder girls were going to the infirmary. Yukimasa was there.

Masumi really sounds like he's super powerful and can defeat whatever comes at him.

I guess the battle's up next. This is will be fun, I hope.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 5, 2013 7:12 PM

Jul 2010
Xenoi said:
So there is a possibility that Izumiko and the Goddess are the same person? I am wondering the Goddess is from the future who sided with nature and was then kept in a preserved state, so she travels back in time to fix her mistakes through her ancestors and find people who are capable of defeating her?

That is what I gathered from episode 9 - The reason that Izumiko is the "last vessel" is that, in her original life, she became the Himegami.

japaneseboy said:
I would've liked to see how Miyuki made the Goddess leave and had Suzuhara come back. It felt like a cliffhanger last episode, but they totally skipped over that part. How disappointing...

I think that was shown at the end of the episode. He did a "reverse mantra" of some sort and hugged her. I would have liked to have seen Izumiko's reaction when she came back onto her own body and was being hugged by him though... I do wonder if she fully remembers the visit yet, though. Because if she does, she will know how Miyuki feels about her.

symbv said:
terrablu2003 said:
Most if not all the 6 volumes of the novel will be covered, so I'd say a 2nd season is unlikely.

According to an informed source, episode 8 was the end of Book 3. Episode 9 covered about 2/3 of book 4. I don't know how far they got in this episode. It may have just finished book 4 or may be into book 5. In any event, I am not sure if they can finish in two more episodes, so maybe there will be a movie or something? (Please don't mess up the ending!)
Jun 6, 2013 3:35 AM

Jun 2012
I feel kind of confused of how the festival is related to the Himegami other than the usual, that she is in danger.

Jun 6, 2013 8:51 AM

Feb 2011
Yup , character design is like the only good thing about this show , lol.

Good thing I got through this ep because the next one seems legit.
Jun 6, 2013 7:26 PM

Jan 2012
Izumiko in that hair... so cute ><
BTW things are getting more serious i think
Jun 7, 2013 4:52 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah all I was wondering about this episode was...why were there so many Triforces? Is there any background to Japanese history (I only know them from Zelda)?
Jun 7, 2013 8:03 PM

Jul 2012
kind of boring tbh 2.5/5
Jun 8, 2013 12:16 AM

May 2010
The bun hairstyle is so funny
Jun 8, 2013 12:22 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
terrablu2003 said:

awh :( I hope you're wrong..
Jun 8, 2013 2:04 AM

Oct 2012
I am disappointed. And lost. Really, what was this episode about? Everything felt so disconnected, characters were coming and going on their whim. All events were so random. I really can't enjoy this mess where nothing makes sense at all.

Show where a viewer needs further explanation from those who read manga or light novel is badly done show.
Jun 8, 2013 5:20 PM

Feb 2013
The haunted house part was good. I really wish they would have focused on the freaky stuff more in this show, would have been awsome... instead we get boring school-life :(
Jun 8, 2013 6:26 PM

May 2011
Whoa Hayakawa was actually on Mayura's side and now he's set them up for a fight. Looking forward to seeing this recreational battle.

Haha Izumiko actually looks nice in those buns and lol at Yukimasa attracting all the girls to the infirmary.
Jun 10, 2013 5:23 AM

Apr 2008
KevinRammstein said:
Yeah all I was wondering about this episode was...why were there so many Triforces? Is there any background to Japanese history (I only know them from Zelda)?

That's the emblem of the Hōjō clan (Wiki).

Jun 11, 2013 8:30 PM

Feb 2013
Ahh, every episode Izumiko getting cuter and cuter :3
Jun 13, 2013 9:09 AM

Aug 2012
KingLear said:
Miyuki is an ass, why did he laugh at Suzuhara? She looked really cute with that hairstyle.

I think he didn't laughed at Suzuhara. The incident in the previous episode intimidated and freaked him out, so seeing Suzuhara being her usual meek, cute self was a relief to him. He laughed because he was relieved, not because he was mean to her.

Btw, what's up with the bipolar attitude of Miyuki's father? First he beats the crap out of his son to make him stay and guard Izumiko and then he is all "son, you are useless, we don't need you". Is this suppose to be some sort of reverse-psychology motivation to make Izumiko care for Miyuki more and v/v?
Jun 13, 2013 9:27 AM
Oct 2012
figuette said:
Btw, what's up with the bipolar attitude of Miyuki's father? First he beats the crap out of his son to make him stay and guard Izumiko and then he is all "son, you are useless, we don't need you". Is this suppose to be some sort of reverse-psychology motivation to make Izumiko care for Miyuki more and v/v?

In part, as Miyuki admitted, his father knows how to play him. At the beginning Miyuki had to be physically forced to defend Izumiko, but now that he is attached to her, but somewhat hesitant about Himegami, telling him to leave would push Miyuki to try even harder. Getting Izumiko to care is an extra bonus.
Jun 13, 2013 11:05 AM

Aug 2012
Ah thought so, thanks! I wish some characters were a bit better developed. I'm not even sure it's because there are only 12 episodes that things feel so compressed.
Jun 20, 2013 12:09 PM

Nov 2012
the school festival is start everyone XD

well seriously.. izumiko looks pretty with that new hairstyle XD

in the ghost house, hmm so himegami past is some kind of part from izumiko memories too?.. hmm.. it kind of confuse me :/

in the end it is kind of funny when seeing miyuki laughing izumiko's hairstyle XD
Jul 5, 2013 4:37 AM

Dec 2011
Okay, who knows what?

How much did Izumiko actually tell Mayura?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 12, 2013 6:45 PM

Nov 2008
Things seem to be heating up, yet it is hard to follow. Was that guy her father?

I like this anime, but I wish they would explain things more. I still don't have a clear picture of who is fighting whom, and for what reason.
Aug 2, 2013 2:49 AM

Dec 2010
Yeah, Izumiko was so kawaii this episode <3

Plot thickens, things are getting so interesting that I already want a second season.
Aug 5, 2013 6:58 PM

May 2012
It's getting a bit more casual, hmm not sure what to think about this current development... either way lets see what's next!

More topics from this board

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

199 by KempachiZaraki »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:52 AM

» This anime was horrible

Olwen - Jun 16, 2013

33 by Warchiii »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

133 by Hanemiyakazutora »»
Dec 12, 2021 8:20 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

82 by Stardew »»
Jul 5, 2021 2:37 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

89 by Stardew »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.