Forum Settings
Forums

Game 'BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger' to be Animated

New
May 17, 2013 8:03 PM

Sep 2012
The game "BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger" will get an anime adaptation, according to the obi strip bundled with the latest volume of the light novel "BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger vol.2 of 2" that is based on the game. No other information is available for the moment. The game was first released as an arcade game in November 2008 and it was later released on PlayStation3 and Xbox 360 platform.

Source: Scan of the BlazBlue light novel cover

BlazBlue: Alter Memory on MAL
NaruleachMay 19, 2013 11:03 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 17, 2013 8:05 PM

Jun 2011
The only thing I know about BlazBlue is that it's a fighting game.

At least it's sure to be full of entertaining fight scenes.

Apr 2011
Watching this for animated Noel and Litchi.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."

Jan 2008
Oh fuck yea.
May 17, 2013 8:06 PM

Jul 2011
Fuck yeah, Wonderful, Splendid
May 17, 2013 8:07 PM

Nov 2011
Haven't played the game yet but definitely interested. Oh and this manga:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/27085/BlazBlue_Chimelical_Complex

From another article I've found...it said something along the line of

According to Hachima, fans who were able to obtain a copy of the BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger’s second volume of the light novel series, which was released today, spotted the following message on the cover of the book:

“The giant project that will be dying the world in ‘Blue’ has commenced” and “Anime adaptation confirmed!”

Also official site here (for the game, not anime):
http://blazblue.jp/

Jul 2010
Watching this for screaming and hotbloodedness.

Jul 2011
Should be interesting to see how the original storyline pans out. Seems more viable to be a short OVA.
May 17, 2013 8:09 PM

Jan 2008
mdz said:
Should be interesting to see how the original storyline pans out. Seems more viable to be a short OVA.

I think if they just do Ragna's story, they could probably rush it and jam it in a single OVA, but I would prefer if they did everyones.... Baccano style.
May 17, 2013 8:10 PM
Aug 2012
Love BlazBlue - very much yes!
May 17, 2013 8:10 PM

Nov 2011
mdz said:

I'm more curious on what studio will be handling this. From what I've known, video game adaptations are a bit hard to pull off these days.
May 17, 2013 8:11 PM

Mar 2012
Another anime anouncement. Thought I only see some of youtube vidoe of BlazBlue it look interesting enough.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 17, 2013 8:11 PM

Jun 2011
This seems nice. I would love to see Hazama's sadistic ass in action.
May 17, 2013 8:13 PM

Nov 2011
Also part of the game trailer

May 17, 2013 8:15 PM

Jan 2008
Stark700 said:
Also part of the game trailer

Sadly, that's the 3rd game, which you won't be seeing several of those characters and Noel in that uniform assuming they only animated CT.

I believe Gonzo animated the opening for the first and second game? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's CT's OP.

May 17, 2013 8:15 PM

Oct 2012
Yes!!! Been waiting for this forever!! Finally!!!
May 17, 2013 8:16 PM

Apr 2011
Stark700 said:
mdz said:

I'm more curious on what studio will be handling this. From what I've known, video game adaptations are a bit hard to pull off these days.

Hopefully Production IG, considering that they did Extend's OP.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
May 17, 2013 8:17 PM

Dec 2007
Yes please I will definitely be watching! ^_^
May 17, 2013 8:17 PM

Feb 2010
I wonder how they will adapt the story and if they will take everyone's POV like in the game story mode somehow
However, getting to watch my main fighter Noel animated is just everything I could ever ask for, so this news are more than welcome for me.
May 17, 2013 8:20 PM

May 2011
Should be interesting.
May 17, 2013 8:23 PM

Apr 2013
You know what I want to see animated? Gay Jin and his ice car.
May 17, 2013 8:29 PM

Aug 2010
Hell yeah!
May 17, 2013 8:31 PM

Jan 2008
Waruineko said:

Well get gay Jin no matter what.

NIIIIIIIIIIIISSAAANNNNNN~
May 17, 2013 8:35 PM

Jul 2012
OHHHHHH YEAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Paul said:
Waruineko said:

I can't wait to see Jin he is my favorite in the game.

Opening from one of the games (my favorite opening next to the first one's opening)
Num1dad_AsuraMay 17, 2013 8:41 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
May 17, 2013 8:41 PM
Sep 2012
NU
May 17, 2013 8:41 PM

Sep 2011
Paul said:
Waruineko said:

Please let this be by production IG and let it go baccano style in stories. The games really were not long at all so this should probably be a 12 ep series. i just hope it does well so the vastly superior continuum shift can get animated, there are some fights in that, that would be so epic in anime form

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 17, 2013 8:47 PM

Jun 2011
Here's a taste of what to expect if they stick with the same studio. The cinematic spans just the first 5 minutes.

http://www.gameanyone.com/video/477208

Personally, I was hoping that they'd animate the Ikaruga Civil War.

Revenant_May 17, 2013 8:51 PM
May 17, 2013 8:50 PM
Nov 2008
Okay, so...this will either be totally awesome and crazy, or bogged down by too much faithfulness to the game's storyline. I like the story mode, I bought the second game because of that and bothered to get 100% completion and the true endings. But there is WAY too much going on to fit into a movie or a shorter series well. There are ways to adapt, though. Ragna, Noel and Jin are the most important of the various protagonists, Focus on them and you've got plenty to go on for something good or even great.
May 17, 2013 8:54 PM

Dec 2008
Though the games are pure crap, an anime for them sounds fantastic.
RACHEL!!!!!!!
May 17, 2013 8:55 PM

Apr 2010
Welp, that was unexpected.
May 17, 2013 8:56 PM

Sep 2011
Zarmyn said:
But there is WAY too much going on to fit into a movie or a shorter series well.
I beg to differ, blazblue especially calamity trigger which this is based off of are really short games. They could easily do 1 to 2 episodes per character then the true end with them shifting perspectives each ep and maybe skipping tao cause i mean.....ok would anyone really miss tao's story being animated? The first ep could be dedicated to ranga's attack on the librarium and the next being focused on the rest of his story, maybe noel and jin would get 2 episodes as well but everyone else can have their story completed in 1 ep and you could just skip arakune and tao's story as arakune's just ties into litchi's and taos is just comedy. Then give a couple episodes for the true end and bam you can have a series done in about 13 episodes

sarroush said:
Though the games are pure crap
Get the fuck out

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 17, 2013 8:57 PM

Apr 2013
sarroush said:
RACHEL!!!!!!!

Sounds like someone who suck hard at this game would only say that.
May 17, 2013 8:58 PM

May 2011
Sounds interesting. Haven't played the game but I've heard of this a lot.
May 17, 2013 8:59 PM

Sep 2011
Waruineko said:
sarroush said:
RACHEL!!!!!!!

Yah probably, or maybe he bought continuum shift when it first came out and tried to main rachel

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 17, 2013 8:59 PM

Jun 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Waruineko said:
sarroush said:
RACHEL!!!!!!!

Yah probably, or maybe he bought continuum shift when it first came out and tried to main rachel

hahahahahaha
May 17, 2013 9:04 PM

Jan 2009
gonna watch this for sure
May 17, 2013 9:07 PM

Sep 2011
Oh and by god they better keep the game's music or get daisuki to make some remasters

and i hope they can somehow slip this badass theme in this somewhere despite it not being in calamity

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 17, 2013 9:08 PM

Sep 2012
This will hopefully be amazing
May 17, 2013 9:12 PM

Jan 2008
I think we're all setting the bar too high guys. Lols.
May 17, 2013 9:16 PM

Dec 2008
Waruineko said:
sarroush said:
RACHEL!!!!!!!

Didn't even play enough to merit "suck hard". 2 story modes were all it took for me to return Continuum shift.
May 17, 2013 9:19 PM

Apr 2013
Paul said:

INCREASE THE HYPE ENERGY!

May 17, 2013 9:20 PM

Sep 2011
Uhm... We'll see how this pans out. Probably check it out just because there is barely any fighting anime lately.
May 17, 2013 9:21 PM

Jul 2012
Waruineko said:
Paul said:

INCREASE THE HYPE ENERGY!

THE HYPE!!!!
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
May 17, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
sarroush said:
Waruineko said:
sarroush said:
RACHEL!!!!!!!

Didn't even play enough to merit "suck hard". 2 story modes were all it took for me to return Continuum shift.
oh man where to start

1: why the fuck were you playing continuum shift first
2: who gives up on a fighting game after only trying 2 characters,
3: if you only played 2 stories then you DID suck at the game, you wouldnt of had any time to learn the combo's or play styles so you probably just button mashed or used single attacks until you eventually beat characters. Combined with the fact that you only played 2 characters without trying any game modes, so you basically did the equivalent to dropping a anime 10 minutes into the first episode

You cant say the games are utter crap cause you only played 1 and even that 1 you played you cant say its crap cause you didnt even try 1/10th of its features

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 17, 2013 9:26 PM

Dec 2008
Implying I didn't play Calamity.
Finished story too.
Just because I didn't bother with Continuum, doesn't mean I didn't play Calamity.
So everything you said is pretty much for naught.
And you can't "Suck hard" when you play on the easiest level, unless you constantly die even with button mashing.

But then again. I also don't like Guilty Gear.
/shrugs. Done here. Don't feel like arguing needlessly at 12:30am.
sarroushMay 17, 2013 9:30 PM
May 17, 2013 9:32 PM

Sep 2011
sarroush said:
Implying I didn't play Calamity.
Finished story too.
So everything you said is pretty much for naught.
Then your story doesnt match up. You say you didnt play enough to warrant a suck and only played 2 stages of continuum to say it sucks, now your saying you beat the entire first game which means you have played enough to warrant a "I suck at the game so its the game's fault"

And i find it hard to believe someone would play through a entire game thinking its utter crap then go out and buy the sequel already knowing youll hate it

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 17, 2013 9:32 PM

Feb 2012
I have had this game for a while and i've never even really sat down to play it.
Maybe i will now.
May 17, 2013 9:33 PM

Feb 2013
symbv said:
Game 'BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger' to be Animated

I can has? Please say I can has...

May 17, 2013 9:34 PM

May 2012
yay
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
May 17, 2013 9:35 PM

Apr 2013
Finally they decided to animated BB.
Master Troll alert.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 11 hours ago

20 by NoktoH »»
26 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.