Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Majime na Jikan Chapter 9 Discussion

May 17, 2013 6:05 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Just a bit of my afterthought.

Bittersweet until the very end, bittersweet message, bittersweet ending. For the over-thinking bunch of you, the romanticism behind 'death' is portrayed in such a bittersweet way. If anything, it's intended to be a happy ending. The whole reconciliation bit at the end as well as Kazusa's intentions remind me a bit of 'Angel Beats!'

Though I'd say this chapter is more like an extra bit wrapping up the whole story. Maybe some will agree with me that we should have expected a very short manga overall, but despite the length I can't help but to fall a bit in love with Kazusa. She's that kinda character you would miss dearly because you know she'll 'joubutsu' and disappear some day. Would have loved more Kazusa screentime lol, and ending with a big picture of her, but meh, full-page Kazusa ending probably isn't what the author has in mind as a final message. Because of this, I think the way she set up the ending is very meaningful.

I thought the tear-jerking bits were mixed very well with the laughing bits; the word 'beautiful' may be a bit too serious of a word to describe the series. It's more like 'cute,' and 'soft,' and 'gentle.' In conclusion, I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the art that fits perfectly with the series.

deviantART                                    YouTube  

Jun 4, 2013 8:41 AM

Idk why but the vibe from this manga compared to Angel Beats weren't the same for me. At any rate, I thought the manga was okay, had its ups and downs. The emotions were there and so were their experiences.

Some of the first few chapters had me hooked but later on, I didn't enjoy it as much as I had thought. Overall, 6/10 for me on this manga with a nice premise. Execution was also good but some parts felt dull for me.

Jun 4, 2013 9:21 AM

7/10 overall. That was a good series to follow.

Jun 4, 2013 10:18 PM

Overall I enjoyed it, but that bittersweet ending didn't really do it just for me 100%.

It's like we talk about this buddha stuff and moving on throughout the whole manga and then when our MC is at that very threshold, it just ends. Happy to see the guy in the house finally leave, then Kazusa enabling the other guy to apologize to his wife, but I sort of wanted more. The comic relief ending with the dead guy just thinking it was all a dream just didn't quite do it for me.

I'd at least like to know what would have happened once Kazusa moved on.
Ah well, it was a nice read.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Dec 27, 2013 7:50 PM
WatchGiantRobo

Nice read 7/10.Not sure if she end up becoming a buddha or if she transition was delayed due to helping the guy talk with his wife.

May 26, 2014 11:39 PM

Ragix said:
Overall I enjoyed it, but that bittersweet ending didn't really do it just for me 100%.

It's like we talk about this buddha stuff and moving on throughout the whole manga and then when our MC is at that very threshold, it just ends. Happy to see the guy in the house finally leave, then Kazusa enabling the other guy to apologize to his wife, but I sort of wanted more. The comic relief ending with the dead guy just thinking it was all a dream just didn't quite do it for me.

I'd at least like to know what would have happened once Kazusa moved on.
Ah well, it was a nice read.

I agree with this. That ending was a bit abrupt. I wanted to see her move on and the wife situation to get a resolution.
Other than that I enjoyed it. Quite tragic and touching at the same time.

Jul 28, 2015 9:12 AM

MAL folks really like feels.

Apr 17, 2016 4:23 AM

I want to see her move on.
A sad but beautiful ending.
Sadly we got a comedic ending and the conclusion was cheated out.

Aug 14, 2018 5:49 AM

the ending wasn't great, but I still enjoyed it. 7/10

Sep 13, 2019 2:02 AM

Atleast they gave some time to sawako and his wife. Tamao is a likeable character, he should've gotten some screen time throughout the series.