Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 17, 2013 1:41 PM

May 2013
Ok, now I've watched the spice and wolf series and just now started reading the manga. I have a question about the manga, why is it that holo is actually nude? showing full body parts instead of being censored like the anime? The Manga is more explicit unlike the anime.

Why is this? Its kinda strange on seeing holo like this :S
May 17, 2013 1:52 PM

Jun 2008
Well, first of all the manga is also an adaptation...from the light novel.

But the reason they're able to do nudity a lot easier than the anime is because the manga is serialized in a Seinen (or mature) magazine.

If the anime does nudity they have to censor it until it gets to the DVD or put it in a premium channel like ATX.
May 17, 2013 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
Agreed, it is a bothersome transition.
May 17, 2013 3:47 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Moved
This topic has been moved to the correct series discussion

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 2, 2013 1:06 AM

May 2013
JustALEX said:

But the reason they're able to do nudity a lot easier than the anime is because the manga is serialized in a Seinen (or mature) magazine.

If the anime does nudity they have to censor it until it gets to the DVD or put it in a premium channel like ATX.

There isn't any nudity in the actual series is there? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind watching a little hentai now and then. But it just gets kinda old :| There are a couple dozen moments in the manga where you actually holos nips :|
Jun 2, 2013 4:54 AM

Sep 2012
TheAnimeLover101 said:
JustALEX said:

There isn't any nudity in the actual series is there? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind watching a little hentai now and then. But it just gets kinda old :| There are a couple dozen moments in the manga where you actually holos nips :|

They could have shown those in the anime on numerous occasions as Holo is completely naked at times, they just chose to do the Barbie Doll(TM) thing and draw her without them or the other details that mean you need to censor your anime for regular TV broadcast. For some reason in manga you can show them, in broadcast TV you cannot... have to save it for pay-TV AT-X or the BD version but they didn't bother to make BD versions for this show.
Jul 6, 2013 2:29 PM
Nov 2012
hpulley said:
TheAnimeLover101 said:
JustALEX said:

They could have shown those in the anime on numerous occasions as Holo is completely naked at times, they just chose to do the Barbie Doll(TM) thing and draw her without them or the other details that mean you need to censor your anime for regular TV broadcast. For some reason in manga you can show them, in broadcast TV you cannot... have to save it for pay-TV AT-X or the BD version but they didn't bother to make BD versions for this show.

im confused about what you mean them not making BD versions of the show, i preordered the blue ray season 1/2 and got it the day it came out.... unless you mean something else
Jul 6, 2013 3:03 PM

Sep 2012
I am saying they had naked Holo in the anime but they didn't draw her nipples they just drew her smooth, blank, like a doll. In some shows the TV version has no nipples but the Bluray or AT-X pay TV versions have nipples. I have only seen Spice and Wolf on Funimation and there were no nipples unlike e.g. High School DxD which show lots of nipples. Vividred Operation has nipples on Bluray, etc.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jan 16, 2008

146 by GooseHybrid »»
Yesterday, 10:00 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

31 by Chronoes »»
Yesterday, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 25, 2008

319 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 16, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 6, 2008

154 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 9, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

153 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 4, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.