Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2008 9:18 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode, Goro and Gibson Jr. are both playing well; it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.
Jan 3, 2009 11:33 AM

Mar 2008
yup, and i dont hate gibson jr as much as i used to anymore.
Apr 17, 2010 12:30 AM

Feb 2008
there are always tickets for Joe Gibson ; )

when they tried to walk Jr, why didn't Sanders stand up and move away from the batter box?

I get the feeling that Dad went to every game, but was disguised cause he knew his son didn't want to see him. either that or he had all the games recorded and watched them after, but I think its more likely that he went himself as much as his schedule allowed.

I wonder if he'll homer off Goro while batting left handed but not make Goro leave America? it seems kinda pointless for him to take his dad's advice and still fail, but since Goro is 99% guaranteed to win, I'm not really sure.
May 6, 2012 7:02 AM

Jun 2011
Gibson Jr. and Goro has the best rivalry in the whole series so far, imo.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 1, 2013 12:54 AM

Jul 2008
Boy there is some real hatred with the Gibsons. I wonder if Gibson will get a home run off of Goro.
Jan 18, 2014 10:12 PM

May 2012
Somehow, I feel bad for Jr. His jealousy is understandable which makes it more interesting. I love it when Jr and Gibson passed each other with that slow mo then they glanced at each other. One of the most interesting rivalry I've seen so far.
Apr 3, 2014 10:30 PM

Dec 2012
For some reason, I'm getting Cain and Abel vibes from Jr and Goro. At first I was starting to worry that Gibson might have prioritized his atonement to Goro over Jr, but when Gibson mentioned Little League, it was clear that he's been watching over his son this whole time.
Jan 5, 2015 12:46 AM

Nov 2009
Well shit, I would just roll with it if I was Goro, I mean sure Gibson literally gave you that catch, but it looked completely bad ass . . .
Jul 3, 2015 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder too why Goro was throwing those easy balls. Well, I mean, easy for Gibson Jr. He was playing a dangerous game.

I seriously don't know who will win. In fact, I wonder which would produce more character progression : Gibson Jr losing his bet or winning his bet...

Gibson was ice cold with his son though xD
Dayum, that was one awkward family reunion.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 25, 2015 5:25 AM

Jun 2009
you gotta feel kinda sorry for junior.
Aug 9, 2015 12:02 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, harsh words to his son.
Oct 15, 2015 10:13 AM

Sep 2010
I love those lucky moments.
Nov 15, 2015 7:13 PM

Nov 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
For some reason, I'm getting Cain and Abel vibes from Jr and Goro. At first I was starting to worry that Gibson might have prioritized his atonement to Goro over Jr, but when Gibson mentioned Little League, it was clear that he's been watching over his son this whole time.

The sons of Adam and Eve? Cain being Junior? hahaha I see it.
Jan 30, 2016 6:45 PM

Jan 2013
I don't really like Junior, but the way his dad neglects him is still kind of uncalled for :\
Mar 1, 2016 6:48 PM
Jan 2016
wow this anime is just getting retarded.. junior can't even hit goro's pitches and then he goes major and hits 2 home runs every game? wow... just retarded
Apr 27, 2016 2:40 PM

Feb 2013
Gibson Jr. dominated this game against Goro, he didn't want to hit a home run on purpose.
Gibson is there to see them both.
Sep 9, 2017 12:37 AM

Nov 2011
Gibson went to see his son's games. It doesn't take much reading between the lines to get that from their conversation. Gibson is keeping his son distant because he knows his son hates him and wants nothing to do with him, not because he doesn't love him or because he cares more about Gorou.

His claim that he only has one son should be taken at face value. Gibson Jr. is too blinded by his misplaced hatred and jealousy to see that, though.

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

weedie said:
wow this anime is just getting retarded.. junior can't even hit goro's pitches and then he goes major and hits 2 home runs every game? wow... just retarded

You have no clue what you're talking about, and you make yourself look like the idiot when you trumpet this ignorance so loudly. Pitches at 100MPH or faster are incredible, extremely rare, and very difficult to hit even in the Major League. Well-controlled mid-to-upper 90sMPH would be similarly difficult to hit even in the Majors.

It's not that the Major League is being represented poorly. It's that Gorou outclasses the Minor League by that much.
Jan 19, 2018 1:13 PM

Nov 2016
Loved the father son interaction and it's kinda sad that Jr. doesn't get his father,really hoping that their relationship will normalize later.

Aside from that I was also fond of the intensity when Gorou and Gibson faced off.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 3, 2020 1:09 AM
Dec 2018
jacobpaige said:
there are always tickets for Joe Gibson ; )

when they tried to walk Jr, why didn't Sanders stand up and move away from the batter box?

I get the feeling that Dad went to every game, but was disguised cause he knew his son didn't want to see him. either that or he had all the games recorded and watched them after, but I think its more likely that he went himself as much as his schedule allowed.

I wonder if he'll homer off Goro while batting left handed but not make Goro leave America? it seems kinda pointless for him to take his dad's advice and still fail, but since Goro is 99% guaranteed to win, I'm not really sure.

You probably don't care anymore, but they weren't trying to walk him. They were planning to strike him out. Sanders said worst case scenario they'll walk him. Meaning if he was hitting well or Goro's pitching wasn't working against him they would switch to walking him
Aug 5, 2020 8:22 AM

Dec 2007
i admit that gibson jr. seeing goro as rival is making him more bearable, but 'till he forgive honda i will surely not like him as the anime wants.
the confrontation of joe gibson and junior were good, finally we got to see gibson more of a father than a player.
but gibson jr. really pissing me thinking he could exile goro, if i'm not wrong goro strucked you already.
Oct 19, 2021 3:20 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see a rematch so soon between Goro and Junior but I'm 100% sure Junior lost the bet already. Sad that Junior doesn't try to understand his dad with the latter watching over Goro as atonement but isn't really neglecting Junior as he most likely watched over him in secret during his Little League days.

Jun 28, 2022 4:45 PM

Apr 2016
Gibson Jr. story was too melodramatic and didn't work in its chapter... but for some reason he's a good rival for Goro right now. I guess that's fine.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 18 Discussion

Harout - Nov 10, 2008

27 by QuestIonMark_ »»
Aug 8, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - Apr 3, 2008

33 by Meranwise »»
Oct 27, 2022 6:31 AM

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Harout - Dec 28, 2008

50 by CLADDAN »»
Sep 19, 2022 7:01 PM

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 3 Discussion

Awakened - Jan 20, 2008

32 by CLADDAN »»
Sep 16, 2022 4:33 PM

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 2 Discussion

lowell - Jan 21, 2008

34 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 18, 2022 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.