Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 15, 2013 4:54 PM

Nov 2008
http://gematsu.com/2013/05/ea-nixes-online-pass-program

Now they need to get rid of their always online DRM and things will be better for their future.

May 15, 2013 5:01 PM

Jan 2008
Wonder if it'll influence several other gaming companies to stop with the online passes.

For me, this news doesn't really have much of a impact as the only game I even have for them for any modern consoles would be Battlefield 3, which I rarely touch to begin with.
May 15, 2013 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
Don't care almost every new EA game is shit.
הלב שלי כבר מת
May 15, 2013 5:07 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, because with the next generation of consoles they'll be able to make their games always online / one time use removing the need for an online pass. JOKES ON US D:
May 15, 2013 6:23 PM
May 2013
Jrittmayer said:
Yeah, because with the next generation of consoles they'll be able to make their games always online / one time use removing the need for an online pass. JOKES ON US D:

Well Sony has confirmed that their console will not be always online and if Microsoft is smart they will do the same, so I don't think that's gonna happen
May 15, 2013 6:26 PM

Feb 2012
Houndthree said:
Don't care almost every new EA game is shit.
May 15, 2013 6:26 PM
Jul 2012
Thank goodness. Now they need to bankrupt EA then it is over for them.
May 15, 2013 6:35 PM

Jun 2010
TehBlindSamurai said:

Well Sony has confirmed that their console will not be always online and if Microsoft is smart they will do the same, so I don't think that's gonna happen

Both of them also confirmed that DRM is up for the publishers to decide. So allways online for certain games is still possible and MS/Sony then has the possibility to shift all the blame on them.

But maybe it will only be a Steam-like system - account-based, one-time activation, have to log-in every x days. ^^
AsturaetusMay 15, 2013 6:39 PM
May 15, 2013 6:39 PM

Sep 2011
EA just redeemed themselves a bit, hopefully this is a good sign of whats to come....hopefully

Asturaetus said:

Both of them also confirmed that DRM is up for the publishers to decide.
thats how its always been

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 15, 2013 6:42 PM
May 2013
Asturaetus said:
TehBlindSamurai said:

Both of them also confirmed that DRM is up for the publishers to decide. So allways online for certain games is still possible and MS/Sony then has the possibility to shift all the blame on them.

But maybe it will only be a Steam-like system - account-based, one-time activation, have to log-in every x days.

Still that would be a really dumb decision for developers to make since they have already seen the negative feedback, that always online gets from the gaming community ex. Simcity/Diablo 3
May 15, 2013 6:51 PM

Dec 2012
Ever since EA touched Red Alert 3, I stopped caring for them.
May 15, 2013 6:55 PM

Mar 2013
About fucking time.
Too bad I don't care for any of their games anymore.
May 15, 2013 7:07 PM

Jun 2007
TehBlindSamurai said:
Jrittmayer said:

The problem is the other alternative they mentioned - which is something already in the works; games that can only be used on one specific console on one specific account. It's even worse than always-online or online passes. It also entirely will decimate any chance for companies like GameFly to continue to run because renting or borrowing games will become undoable - same for selling used games, so GameStop and others would go out of business along with them.
May 15, 2013 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
yea son
now i get 2 play madden 24/7 without
having to put a bullshit code
May 15, 2013 9:56 PM

Dec 2007
Sucks, I pretty much stopped playing EA games. I used to play BF3 ALOT until premium came out, then I realized how shitty the game was going to be after. They give me skins which most games give for free.
May 15, 2013 11:47 PM

Nov 2012
Deivii said:
Sucks, I pretty much stopped playing EA games. I used to play BF3 ALOT until premium came out, then I realized how shitty the game was going to be after. They give me skins which most games give for free.

didn't even buy premium for the skins, they were just a bonus

I'm glad I did, because I enjoyed every single DLC, Armoured kill has gotten better now that they nerfed the ac130 or whatever, CQ has also become better(did fast-paced better than CoD lol), Aftermath and endgame were pure awesome, except for EG rush.

This is on PS3 so no 64-player HOLY SHEEEEET THEY'RE EVERYWHERE

EDIT: nothing beats beta though xD
afonsanhoMay 16, 2013 12:14 AM
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever."
"Anon is legitimately retarded so you shouldn't be too proud of yourself." -Enema
May 16, 2013 12:27 AM
Jul 2018
IntervisioN said:
Ever since EA touched Red Alert 3, I stopped caring for them.

EA Games should be destroyed for what they did to Command and Conquer and Red Alert.
removed-userMay 16, 2013 12:45 AM
May 16, 2013 1:49 AM

Nov 2008
Yaver said:
About fucking time.
Too bad I don't care for any of their games anymore.
Only one I'd give a damn about is Mirror's Edge 2.

May 16, 2013 4:48 AM

Feb 2005
Yea, well, that's like Hitler saying they've stopped throwing Jews into mass graves and instead pack them neatly into jars with names on and ship them to their families.

Only difference being EA doesn't have the coolest uniforms ever and badass guns and tanks. Fuck you EA, I'm not giving you threefiddy. No, not even twofiddy.

More topics from this board

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

51 by juanlqr »»
3 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - 6 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
6 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

4 by _Nette_ »»
7 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
11 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
Yesterday, 2:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.