Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Major S1 Episode 20 Discussion

May 13, 2013 8:17 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Wow, the dad is even more of an ass than I thought. I know this is an anime because half those folk balls would have been called balls in real baseball.

Wow, maybe Komori should pitch too, he has a rocket arm.

And go get him Sawamura!

Jul 31, 2013 12:59 PM

Komori's pretty talented.

And that dad needs to stop living through his son. What a jerk.

Jul 16, 2014 12:42 AM

That dad , wow. i hope mifune gets back into the game and show him a lesson. >.<

Dec 28, 2014 9:34 PM

Wow . . . Yokohama crushed their opponents, that scoreboard looked brutal! Just hope that Goro has learned a breaking ball, although what I don't get is why he can't use a curveball, I mean somehow when he was like 6 he was able to randomly toss one on his first try, you would think he would have practiced it a bit.

Dec 28, 2014 10:30 PM

Pirating_Ninja said:
Wow . . . Yokohama crushed their opponents, that scoreboard looked brutal! Just hope that Goro has learned a breaking ball, although what I don't get is why he can't use a curveball, I mean somehow when he was like 6 he was able to randomly toss one on his first try, you would think he would have practiced it a bit.

Its not that he can't throw a breaking ball or a curve, but he's so young that he'll injure himself eventually if he throws baseballs like that. Remember how pissed his dad got earlier in the season when the coach started teaching him?

Jun 26, 2015 8:51 PM

Fuck that dad/coach. Like, literally. His wife should put a strap-on and fuck the shit out of him, because so freaking full of himself. What a massive asshole.

Well, their situation is pretty desesperate. I don't see how they can win that match. And they'll win it, I'm pretty sure. So the question is how? I guess that he will totally lose confidence when a bad player as Sawamura will his forkball. He will then start to pitch badly and the others will be able to hit it too. Dad lose his shit, etc. We'll see.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jul 20, 2015 9:58 PM

SAWAMURA THE HERO? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z!

Aug 6, 2015 12:22 AM

Fairly interesting game. Not expecting a win, probably just a lesson for the robo pitcher.

Aug 14, 2015 5:42 AM

Come on, you don't get hurt as easily as that... And why isn't he playing pitcher then ? He just threw a ball through the entire field right in the glove...

Yes the dad's an ass, but the kid isn't piping a word against it either. Same problem as with Komori earlier. Assholes can bully only those who let themselves be.

So far every baseball anime i watched made the forkball be like the absolute secret weapon... it's only a diffrent throw is all. If you know one's coming you just need to adjust.

Mar 21, 2016 11:05 PM

Looks like that pitch is OP against elementary school kids xD

Apr 16, 2016 4:15 AM

The batters haven't even touched the ball yet.
And this should serve as a lesson for them for not having more players, they really should find more.

Aug 27, 2016 4:43 PM

It's good to see that so far every match mixed things up a little bit. This is also the only spot where they could even use Sawamura, because I can't see him succeed in the semifinals or finals.

Why Komori wasn't picked is probably because Komori doesn't have proper practice for a pitcher I suppose, plus his other hand is hurt. Catching balls in the back puts less strain than having to throw hundreds of them in a row. Sawamura mostly sucks because he's nervous, as you can't throw good during practice and then somehow miss every single throw.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

Nov 26, 2016 11:27 AM

I feel bad for robot kid but mostly I feel bad for the other kids on the team. Why are they even still playing for this team??

Feb 3, 2018 2:03 AM

I have to say Major got pretty interesting opponents so far we've had triplets and time time a "robot" boy that seems to have no emotions and just follow his dads orders. But going by the preview that seems like it will change soon.