Forum Settings
Forums

What anime would you like to have another season/sequel?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (103) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
 
Mar 2, 2007 12:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 60
x0x0 said:
hmmm...

vandread - season 2 wasn't enough... i want more!
hunter x hunter - sigh.. i'm dreaming


Hunter x hunter already has another season, it's only that the author is just too lazy to animate it or even to finish it.

My choices for another season would have to be Eureka seven, Kare kano, Ergo proxy
 
Mar 2, 2007 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2487
Author doesn't animate anything. That would be the animation studio. That said, the author hasn't finished the arc yet and it seems to be on hold. So expect the X treatment and assume it's over and move on.
 
Mar 2, 2007 1:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 60
I know he doesn't animate it and i meant that he's not giving the approval to do so.
 
Mar 2, 2007 1:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 385
theberserker said:
x0x0 said:
hmmm...

vandread - season 2 wasn't enough... i want more!
hunter x hunter - sigh.. i'm dreaming


Hunter x hunter already has another season, it's only that the author is just too lazy to animate it or even to finish it.

My choices for another season would have to be Eureka seven, Kare kano, Ergo proxy

I don't think it was him being lazy, I heard he got sick...And really, there are no benefits for him not to finish it, since it's so popular and all, so my guess is he just hasn't been able to. Unfortunatley, like Crystal said, it's probably best to just assume there will be no ending =(
 
Mar 2, 2007 3:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1290
lol, to lazy to finish it....lol
 
Mar 3, 2007 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 236
GTO when he was still a high school student I compleated the manga its very good they should make ep when he controlled all the gangs.
 
Mar 10, 2007 7:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3120
Melancholy of HARUHI SUZUMIYA
FLCL
GANTZ

FOR THE WIN!

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it -- Voltaire
 
Mar 11, 2007 7:12 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12490
ranivus said:
Melancholy of HARUHI SUZUMIYA

I'm not sure if you know, but there will be a second season. If you knew already then just think of this post as non-existent ^^.

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse
  
Thx Kina.
  
[H+] ³  

 
Mar 11, 2007 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2364
Crystal said:
So expect the X treatment and assume it's over and move on.


The X treatment...?
 
Mar 11, 2007 1:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 53
when is the new season of haruhi suzumiya going to come out????

 
Mar 11, 2007 1:46 PM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12490
Around Fall or the end of this year, as far as I remember.

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse
  
Thx Kina.
  
[H+] ³  

 
Mar 11, 2007 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1290
Cyruz said:
ranivus said:
Melancholy of HARUHI SUZUMIYA

I'm not sure if you know, but there will be a second season. If you knew already then just think of this post as non-existent ^^.


Isn't that just an unconfirmed rumor?
 
Mar 11, 2007 3:26 PM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12490
running_lemon said:
Cyruz said:
ranivus said:
Melancholy of HARUHI SUZUMIYA

I'm not sure if you know, but there will be a second season. If you knew already then just think of this post as non-existent ^^.


Isn't that just an unconfirmed rumor?


Hm, no. I can't read japanese yet :b so I can only say what I read on english sites that reported what was stated on reliable japanese online sources. Maybe Google it and look for yourself. It was a rumor and got confirmed a few weeks ago as far as I know.
Modified by cyruz, Mar 11, 2007 3:29 PM

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse
  
Thx Kina.
  
[H+] ³  

 
Mar 11, 2007 4:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1290
Ok, I was just wondering
 
Mar 13, 2007 8:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 123
I think...

Star Ocean Ex. If anyone has seen this and/or played the game, you'd understand. Season 1 completely ends on a cliffhanger, and is in desperate need of a second season. The game is like... 2 discs, and well, the anime made season 1 the entire first disc, and yeah.

I can rant forever, but you get my drift.

And obviously Fruits Basket. WTF, that was no ending.




 
Mar 13, 2007 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3120
Cyruz said:
running_lemon said:
Cyruz said:
ranivus said:
Melancholy of HARUHI SUZUMIYA

I'm not sure if you know, but there will be a second season. If you knew already then just think of this post as non-existent ^^.


Isn't that just an unconfirmed rumor?


Hm, no. I can't read japanese yet :b so I can only say what I read on english sites that reported what was stated on reliable japanese online sources. Maybe Google it and look for yourself. It was a rumor and got confirmed a few weeks ago as far as I know.


do you know any japanese newsites about this issue? put it up or you can go ahead and Goggle Tanslate it (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=<insert link here>)

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it -- Voltaire
 
Mar 13, 2007 10:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 3810
ranivus said:
Cyruz said:
running_lemon said:
Cyruz said:
ranivus said:
Melancholy of HARUHI SUZUMIYA

I'm not sure if you know, but there will be a second season. If you knew already then just think of this post as non-existent ^^.


Isn't that just an unconfirmed rumor?


Hm, no. I can't read japanese yet :b so I can only say what I read on english sites that reported what was stated on reliable japanese online sources. Maybe Google it and look for yourself. It was a rumor and got confirmed a few weeks ago as far as I know.


do you know any japanese newsites about this issue? put it up or you can go ahead and Goggle Tanslate it (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=&lt;insert link here&gt;)


at New York Comic Con Haruhi panel the Kadokawa representative denied knowledge of a second season when I brought it up but then strongly hinted at it.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=614
 
Mar 13, 2007 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1290
That doesn't exactly confirm anything though...

Anyway, at this point I'd probably be more surprised if they didn't do a second season.
 
Mar 14, 2007 2:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3120
running_lemon said:
That doesn't exactly confirm anything though...

Anyway, at this point I'd probably be more surprised if they didn't do a second season.


Yeah really especially when anything and everything Haruhi Suzumiya is selling like crazy even months after the 1st season is over. I cant find any audio cd's on Amazon.jp or any website for that matter... Wish i could pick up one of those Space Channel 5 Haruhi figures...

Modified by Ranivus, Mar 14, 2007 5:09 AM

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it -- Voltaire
 
Mar 14, 2007 3:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 99
Another vote for Suzumiya Haruhi season 2!

(hoping it will mainly cover volume 4 and 6 of the novel)
 
Mar 17, 2007 8:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 180
1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2. Ouran High School Host Club
3. Fruits Basket (that ending sucked ass.)

So.. yeah. ^^;;
 
Mar 17, 2007 12:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 144
Suzumiya could use another season.. The first one was fun!

I still want Eureka Seven second season.. or movie or ova..

And now that I think of it, Mai Hime could use another season.. (No, no My Otome plz!)
 
Mar 20, 2007 11:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18
SHAMAN KING!
and maybe Elfen Lied...
and Chobits...
but mostly SHAMAN KING!
FEAR THE POWER OF STEAMROLLERS AND ME DROPPING THEM ON YOU!
 
Mar 23, 2007 3:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1663
A new season of DearS wouldn't be bad, kinda my type of humor I guess.. So that'd be great.
Sparta, I'll have to disagree on another season of Elfen Lied due to it already had a great ending. And there isn't really anything that could continue of that story since it is pretty special in it's own way.
 
Mar 28, 2007 4:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 16
AIR GEAR.
Beck
GTO
The Twelve Kingdoms
Welcome to the NHK. Was not happy with the ending.
Shuffle
 
Apr 1, 2007 7:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 20
Well, i would really like to see season 2 for Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuuutsu. Elfen Lied and Love Hina would be amazing too. Oh, and i would certainly like to see more Pani Poni Dash. :3

Ecchi-club Creator
 
Apr 1, 2007 7:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 399
1. Fruits Basket (I really want them to finish the story!)
2. Loveless (I want them to finish this story as well)
3. Ouran Koukou Host Club
4. Peach Girl (I would like to see the story about Sae)
5. Jyu-Oh-Sei
 
Apr 1, 2007 9:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 92
Hunter X Hunter!!:)
The Twelve Kingdoms
Hellsing
Black Lagoon
Modified by Hamminaptu, Apr 1, 2007 9:19 AM
 
Apr 1, 2007 4:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 5547
Ghost Hunt, most definitely.
 
Apr 2, 2007 10:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 206
Like mentioned earlier (or earliest), I'd love Rurouni Kenshin to get a new season.

Imagine, new soundtrack, better animation, and the best anime OVA ever to get inspired by; I'd be in heaven.
 
Apr 5, 2007 2:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 878
Ritsuka said:
1. Fruits Basket (I really want them to finish the story!)
2. Loveless (I want them to finish this story as well)
3. Ouran Koukou Host Club


I agree [:
 
Apr 9, 2007 7:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 40
aishiteruze baby
ouran highschool host club
trinity blood
samurai champloo (a mugen special lol)

and yes, probably a kenshin ova as well ^_^

... The same night awaits us all ... ~ Horace
 
Apr 9, 2007 8:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 351
Fruits Basket (same reasons that everyone else want new season on this)
Get Backers (just want to see more Ginji and Ban)
Juuni Kokuki (ending sucks more than kenshins)
Kenshin (ending sucks also)
xxxHOLiC (also wanna see watanabe losing his demons)

well there you have few series :&gt;
 
Apr 10, 2007 9:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 40
Kamatari said:
Get Backers (just want to see more Ginji and Ban)


hell yeaaaaah!!!!!!!
especially the Ban part x_x

... The same night awaits us all ... ~ Horace
 
Apr 10, 2007 9:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1110
infinity said:
Suzumiya could use another season.. The first one was fun!

I still want Eureka Seven second season.. or movie or ova..

And now that I think of it, Mai Hime could use another season.. (No, no My Otome plz!)


i agree


 
Apr 10, 2007 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1
I definately think that Fruits Basket could use another season...
And Trinity Blood, as well
 
Apr 10, 2007 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 54
Maburaho, Magikano, Full Metal Panic!, and err.. :D
 
Apr 10, 2007 1:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1
i would like to have anothen season for gravitation!!
best shounen ai ever!!
 
Apr 10, 2007 3:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 60
Hunter x Hunter, Berserk , Fullmetal panic, Beck,...
 
Apr 10, 2007 4:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6
NHK ni youkoso, and Ouran host club
 
Apr 12, 2007 6:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1783
Elfen Lied
 
Apr 13, 2007 4:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 990
elfen lied (the &quot;real&quot; enden from the manga)
inuyasha
silver fang/Ginga Nagareboshi Gin (the &quot;real&quot; enden from the manga)
ginga desetsu weed (the &quot;real&quot; enden from the manga)
Instagram: Luzifurr
 
Apr 15, 2007 12:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2688
Azumanga daioh
Mai-Hime (or maybe that mai-hime/otome movie which was fake &gt;,&gt;)
Kino no tabi (if it could, id like it never-ending or somethin so i can watch every day &gt;,&lt;)
Fate/stay night
black cat
Genshiken
Hunter X Hunter
Rozen maiden 3rd season
Suzumiya haruhi (but this has been fulfilled ^w^)
School rumble
and okay i'll just shut up now &gt;,&gt;....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 16, 2007 12:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5
full metal alchemist, full metal panic, ichigo 100%
 
Apr 16, 2007 1:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1569
I'm quite disappointed that only one or two people mentioned Berserk. It's in serious need of continuation, though I suppose I'd be happier with a remake like Hellsing is getting with the new OVA series. The Berserk manga is excellent, and the show is rather old, so it'd be good to start from the beginning. And as an OVA series, they wouldn't have to tone things down so much.

I'd also like to see another season of Trinity Blood. It didn't end well at all. Same goes for Tenjou Tenge - it isn't my favorite show in the world, but it'd be pretty lame to end it where they did. And I hope the rumors of a third season of Tsubasa Chronicle are true.

I'm surprised to see so many people mentioning Trigun though - I'm not sure where they could go with it, especially now that it's been out for quite a while. I'd hate to see another season just tacked on without fitting well with the original plot. Sequels like that irritate me.

Oh! I would've liked to have seen Rurouni Kenshin played out as it should have, but I don't think they could continue it very well at this point. It'd have to be remade to be done properly, I think.
 
Apr 16, 2007 3:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1290
Krelian said:
I'm quite disappointed that only one or two people mentioned Berserk. It's in serious need of continuation, though I suppose I'd be happier with a remake like Hellsing is getting with the new OVA series. The Berserk manga is excellent, and the show is rather old, so it'd be good to start from the beginning. And as an OVA series, they wouldn't have to tone things down so much.

I'd also like to see another season of Trinity Blood. It didn't end well at all. Same goes for Tenjou Tenge - it isn't my favorite show in the world, but it'd be pretty lame to end it where they did. And I hope the rumors of a third season of Tsubasa Chronicle are true.

I'm surprised to see so many people mentioning Trigun though - I'm not sure where they could go with it, especially now that it's been out for quite a while. I'd hate to see another season just tacked on without fitting well with the original plot. Sequels like that irritate me.

Oh! I would've liked to have seen Rurouni Kenshin played out as it should have, but I don't think they could continue it very well at this point. It'd have to be remade to be done properly, I think.


Like what you said about Berserk, Trigun just needs to be remade and follow the manga. The manga is, imo, superior to the anime in almost every way.
 
Apr 16, 2007 4:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1569
Oh? I never realized it was much different from the anime. I'm definitely going to have to read it now.
 
Apr 17, 2007 4:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 168
I can't believe people are saying Rurouni Kenshin. The final arc, Tales of the Meiji, was terrible and nearly every scenario in it was jumping the shark. In fact it almost ruined the series for me, and many other Kenshin fans. The plot was desperate and they introduced completely irrevelant and inappropriate content for the incredibly strong arcs previously. I really think that the final arc should not have been made, the Kyoto arc was excellent and that's where the series should have ended (except of course for the OVAs).

Also, an anime with a bad ending doesn't necessarily mean that a sequel will fix it. Berserk and Rurouni Kenshin included. A remake of Berserk would be nice but what's been seen already cannot be changed and the series, the characters and the plot altogether has been concluded (in a pretty terrible way).

One last thing, I take back what I said on wanting an Azumanga Daioh sequel. I thought about it and realized that when I finished the last episode of Azumanga I didn't really want more. Just because a series is good doesn't mean that has to continue forever, it's okay for it end at a high point. Azumanga is so good that it doesn't leave me wanting more and therefore a sequel has the potential to really break everything that it set up. It's okay for a series to end.
Anti Loli Association Sick of Lolis? Come join the ALA!
 
Apr 17, 2007 8:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1569
Honestly, I think it's better for a series to end, for the most part. I enjoy them much more if they have a good strong ending - dragging things out too far just ruins a show's charm. Like they did with Naruto, for instance.

As for Berserk, unless I'm imagining things it didn't 'finish' like Rurouni Kenshin did. They wrapped up that story arc, but they could follow it up per the manga. I think the biggest problem there is that it's so old that they can't really continue it without first doing something to renew peoples' interest in the original series or remaking it completely.
Modified by Krelian, Apr 17, 2007 8:25 AM
 
Apr 19, 2007 4:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 11
For me its:
Genshiken (because the ending was too open)
HXH (i want hysuka to fight against the spider's leader)
FMP (because I want to see more souske comedy)
School Rumble (I want Harima and Eri to be a couple)
Hare+Guu (because the best comedy deserves a sequel)
get backers (it was too open ended in my opinion)
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (103) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »