Forum Settings
Forums

What anime would you like to have another season/sequel?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (102) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2007 12:58 PM

Aug 2006
x0x0 said:
hmmm...

vandread - season 2 wasn't enough... i want more!
hunter x hunter - sigh.. i'm dreaming

Hunter x hunter already has another season, it's only that the author is just too lazy to animate it or even to finish it.

My choices for another season would have to be Eureka seven, Kare kano, Ergo proxy
Mar 2, 2007 1:02 PM

Nov 2004
Author doesn't animate anything. That would be the animation studio. That said, the author hasn't finished the arc yet and it seems to be on hold. So expect the X treatment and assume it's over and move on.
Mar 2, 2007 1:44 PM

Aug 2006
I know he doesn't animate it and i meant that he's not giving the approval to do so.
Mar 2, 2007 1:51 PM

Jul 2006
theberserker said:
x0x0 said:
hmmm...

vandread - season 2 wasn't enough... i want more!
hunter x hunter - sigh.. i'm dreaming

Hunter x hunter already has another season, it's only that the author is just too lazy to animate it or even to finish it.

My choices for another season would have to be Eureka seven, Kare kano, Ergo proxy

I don't think it was him being lazy, I heard he got sick...And really, there are no benefits for him not to finish it, since it's so popular and all, so my guess is he just hasn't been able to. Unfortunatley, like Crystal said, it's probably best to just assume there will be no ending =(
Mar 2, 2007 3:23 PM

Aug 2006
lol, to lazy to finish it....lol
Mar 3, 2007 11:36 AM

Jan 2007
GTO when he was still a high school student I compleated the manga its very good they should make ep when he controlled all the gangs.
Mar 10, 2007 7:31 PM

Mar 2007
Melancholy of HARUHI SUZUMIYA
FLCL
GANTZ

FOR THE WIN!

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Mar 11, 2007 7:12 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
ranivus said:

I'm not sure if you know, but there will be a second season. If you knew already then just think of this post as non-existent ^^.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 11, 2007 1:30 PM

Jan 2007
Crystal said:
So expect the X treatment and assume it's over and move on.

The X treatment...?
Mar 11, 2007 1:44 PM

Feb 2007
when is the new season of haruhi suzumiya going to come out????

Mar 11, 2007 1:46 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Around Fall or the end of this year, as far as I remember.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 11, 2007 2:50 PM

Aug 2006
Cyruz said:
ranivus said:

I'm not sure if you know, but there will be a second season. If you knew already then just think of this post as non-existent ^^.

Isn't that just an unconfirmed rumor?
Mar 11, 2007 3:26 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
running_lemon said:
Cyruz said:
ranivus said:

Hm, no. I can't read japanese yet :b so I can only say what I read on english sites that reported what was stated on reliable japanese online sources. Maybe Google it and look for yourself. It was a rumor and got confirmed a few weeks ago as far as I know.
cyruzMar 11, 2007 3:29 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 11, 2007 4:03 PM

Aug 2006
Ok, I was just wondering
Mar 13, 2007 8:03 AM

Mar 2007
I think...

Star Ocean Ex. If anyone has seen this and/or played the game, you'd understand. Season 1 completely ends on a cliffhanger, and is in desperate need of a second season. The game is like... 2 discs, and well, the anime made season 1 the entire first disc, and yeah.

I can rant forever, but you get my drift.

And obviously Fruits Basket. WTF, that was no ending.

Mar 13, 2007 10:35 AM

Mar 2007
Cyruz said:
running_lemon said:
Cyruz said:
ranivus said:

Hm, no. I can't read japanese yet :b so I can only say what I read on english sites that reported what was stated on reliable japanese online sources. Maybe Google it and look for yourself. It was a rumor and got confirmed a few weeks ago as far as I know.

do you know any japanese newsites about this issue? put it up or you can go ahead and Goggle Tanslate it (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=<insert link here>)

Mar 13, 2007 10:46 AM

Mar 2005
ranivus said:
Cyruz said:
running_lemon said:
Cyruz said:
ranivus said:

do you know any japanese newsites about this issue? put it up or you can go ahead and Goggle Tanslate it (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=&lt;insert link here&gt;)

at New York Comic Con Haruhi panel the Kadokawa representative denied knowledge of a second season when I brought it up but then strongly hinted at it.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=614
Mar 13, 2007 2:49 PM

Aug 2006
That doesn't exactly confirm anything though...

Anyway, at this point I'd probably be more surprised if they didn't do a second season.
Mar 14, 2007 2:51 AM

Mar 2007
running_lemon said:
That doesn't exactly confirm anything though...

Anyway, at this point I'd probably be more surprised if they didn't do a second season.

Yeah really especially when anything and everything Haruhi Suzumiya is selling like crazy even months after the 1st season is over. I cant find any audio cd's on Amazon.jp or any website for that matter... Wish i could pick up one of those Space Channel 5 Haruhi figures...

RanivusMar 14, 2007 5:09 AM

Mar 14, 2007 3:30 PM

Mar 2005
Another vote for Suzumiya Haruhi season 2!

(hoping it will mainly cover volume 4 and 6 of the novel)
Mar 17, 2007 8:51 AM

Mar 2007
1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2. Ouran High School Host Club
3. Fruits Basket (that ending sucked ass.)

So.. yeah. ^^;;
Mar 17, 2007 12:12 PM

Feb 2007
Suzumiya could use another season.. The first one was fun!

I still want Eureka Seven second season.. or movie or ova..

And now that I think of it, Mai Hime could use another season.. (No, no My Otome plz!)
Mar 20, 2007 11:54 PM

Mar 2007
SHAMAN KING!
and maybe Elfen Lied...
and Chobits...
but mostly SHAMAN KING!
FEAR THE POWER OF STEAMROLLERS AND ME DROPPING THEM ON YOU!
Mar 23, 2007 3:44 AM

Mar 2007
A new season of DearS wouldn't be bad, kinda my type of humor I guess.. So that'd be great.
Sparta, I'll have to disagree on another season of Elfen Lied due to it already had a great ending. And there isn't really anything that could continue of that story since it is pretty special in it's own way.
Mar 28, 2007 4:57 PM

Dec 2006
AIR GEAR.
Beck
GTO
The Twelve Kingdoms
Welcome to the NHK. Was not happy with the ending.
Shuffle
Apr 1, 2007 7:25 AM

Mar 2007
Well, i would really like to see season 2 for Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuuutsu. Elfen Lied and Love Hina would be amazing too. Oh, and i would certainly like to see more Pani Poni Dash. :3

Ecchi-club Creator
Apr 1, 2007 7:52 AM

Jul 2005
1. Fruits Basket (I really want them to finish the story!)
2. Loveless (I want them to finish this story as well)
3. Ouran Koukou Host Club
4. Peach Girl (I would like to see the story about Sae)
5. Jyu-Oh-Sei
Apr 1, 2007 9:12 AM

Mar 2007
Hunter X Hunter!!:)
The Twelve Kingdoms
Hellsing
Black Lagoon
HamminaptuApr 1, 2007 9:19 AM
Apr 1, 2007 4:47 PM

Nov 2006
Ghost Hunt, most definitely.
Apr 2, 2007 10:55 AM
Mar 2007
Like mentioned earlier (or earliest), I'd love Rurouni Kenshin to get a new season.

Imagine, new soundtrack, better animation, and the best anime OVA ever to get inspired by; I'd be in heaven.
Apr 5, 2007 2:39 PM

Jan 2007
Ritsuka said:
1. Fruits Basket (I really want them to finish the story!)
2. Loveless (I want them to finish this story as well)
3. Ouran Koukou Host Club

I agree [:
Apr 9, 2007 7:58 AM

Apr 2007
aishiteruze baby
ouran highschool host club
trinity blood
samurai champloo (a mugen special lol)

and yes, probably a kenshin ova as well ^_^

... The same night awaits us all ... ~ Horace
Apr 9, 2007 8:20 AM

Mar 2007
Fruits Basket (same reasons that everyone else want new season on this)
Get Backers (just want to see more Ginji and Ban)
Juuni Kokuki (ending sucks more than kenshins)
Kenshin (ending sucks also)
xxxHOLiC (also wanna see watanabe losing his demons)

well there you have few series :&gt;
Apr 10, 2007 9:09 AM

Apr 2007
Kamatari said:
Get Backers (just want to see more Ginji and Ban)

hell yeaaaaah!!!!!!!
especially the Ban part x_x

... The same night awaits us all ... ~ Horace
Apr 10, 2007 9:14 AM

Nov 2006
infinity said:
Suzumiya could use another season.. The first one was fun!

I still want Eureka Seven second season.. or movie or ova..

And now that I think of it, Mai Hime could use another season.. (No, no My Otome plz!)

i agree

Apr 10, 2007 1:16 PM

Oct 2006
I definately think that Fruits Basket could use another season...
And Trinity Blood, as well
Apr 10, 2007 1:21 PM

Apr 2007
Maburaho, Magikano, Full Metal Panic!, and err.. :D
Apr 10, 2007 1:21 PM
Apr 2007
i would like to have anothen season for gravitation!!
best shounen ai ever!!
Apr 10, 2007 3:57 PM

Aug 2006
Hunter x Hunter, Berserk , Fullmetal panic, Beck,...
Apr 10, 2007 4:21 PM
Apr 2007
NHK ni youkoso, and Ouran host club
Apr 12, 2007 6:33 AM

Apr 2007
Elfen Lied
Apr 13, 2007 4:32 PM

Mar 2007
elfen lied (the &quot;real&quot; enden from the manga)
inuyasha
silver fang/Ginga Nagareboshi Gin (the &quot;real&quot; enden from the manga)
ginga desetsu weed (the &quot;real&quot; enden from the manga)
Instagram: Luzifurr
Apr 15, 2007 12:16 AM

Apr 2007
Azumanga daioh
Mai-Hime (or maybe that mai-hime/otome movie which was fake &gt;,&gt;)
Kino no tabi (if it could, id like it never-ending or somethin so i can watch every day &gt;,&lt;)
Fate/stay night
black cat
Genshiken
Hunter X Hunter
Rozen maiden 3rd season
Suzumiya haruhi (but this has been fulfilled ^w^)
School rumble
and okay i'll just shut up now &gt;,&gt;....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2007 12:44 AM
Apr 2007
full metal alchemist, full metal panic, ichigo 100%
Apr 16, 2007 1:06 AM

Oct 2006
I'm quite disappointed that only one or two people mentioned Berserk. It's in serious need of continuation, though I suppose I'd be happier with a remake like Hellsing is getting with the new OVA series. The Berserk manga is excellent, and the show is rather old, so it'd be good to start from the beginning. And as an OVA series, they wouldn't have to tone things down so much.

I'd also like to see another season of Trinity Blood. It didn't end well at all. Same goes for Tenjou Tenge - it isn't my favorite show in the world, but it'd be pretty lame to end it where they did. And I hope the rumors of a third season of Tsubasa Chronicle are true.

I'm surprised to see so many people mentioning Trigun though - I'm not sure where they could go with it, especially now that it's been out for quite a while. I'd hate to see another season just tacked on without fitting well with the original plot. Sequels like that irritate me.

Oh! I would've liked to have seen Rurouni Kenshin played out as it should have, but I don't think they could continue it very well at this point. It'd have to be remade to be done properly, I think.
Apr 16, 2007 3:28 PM

Aug 2006
Krelian said:
I'm quite disappointed that only one or two people mentioned Berserk. It's in serious need of continuation, though I suppose I'd be happier with a remake like Hellsing is getting with the new OVA series. The Berserk manga is excellent, and the show is rather old, so it'd be good to start from the beginning. And as an OVA series, they wouldn't have to tone things down so much.

I'd also like to see another season of Trinity Blood. It didn't end well at all. Same goes for Tenjou Tenge - it isn't my favorite show in the world, but it'd be pretty lame to end it where they did. And I hope the rumors of a third season of Tsubasa Chronicle are true.

I'm surprised to see so many people mentioning Trigun though - I'm not sure where they could go with it, especially now that it's been out for quite a while. I'd hate to see another season just tacked on without fitting well with the original plot. Sequels like that irritate me.

Oh! I would've liked to have seen Rurouni Kenshin played out as it should have, but I don't think they could continue it very well at this point. It'd have to be remade to be done properly, I think.

Like what you said about Berserk, Trigun just needs to be remade and follow the manga. The manga is, imo, superior to the anime in almost every way.
Apr 16, 2007 4:06 PM

Oct 2006
Oh? I never realized it was much different from the anime. I'm definitely going to have to read it now.
Apr 17, 2007 4:53 AM

Feb 2007
I can't believe people are saying Rurouni Kenshin. The final arc, Tales of the Meiji, was terrible and nearly every scenario in it was jumping the shark. In fact it almost ruined the series for me, and many other Kenshin fans. The plot was desperate and they introduced completely irrevelant and inappropriate content for the incredibly strong arcs previously. I really think that the final arc should not have been made, the Kyoto arc was excellent and that's where the series should have ended (except of course for the OVAs).

Also, an anime with a bad ending doesn't necessarily mean that a sequel will fix it. Berserk and Rurouni Kenshin included. A remake of Berserk would be nice but what's been seen already cannot be changed and the series, the characters and the plot altogether has been concluded (in a pretty terrible way).

One last thing, I take back what I said on wanting an Azumanga Daioh sequel. I thought about it and realized that when I finished the last episode of Azumanga I didn't really want more. Just because a series is good doesn't mean that has to continue forever, it's okay for it end at a high point. Azumanga is so good that it doesn't leave me wanting more and therefore a sequel has the potential to really break everything that it set up. It's okay for a series to end.
Anti Loli Association Sick of Lolis? Come join the ALA!
Apr 17, 2007 8:22 AM

Oct 2006
Honestly, I think it's better for a series to end, for the most part. I enjoy them much more if they have a good strong ending - dragging things out too far just ruins a show's charm. Like they did with Naruto, for instance.

As for Berserk, unless I'm imagining things it didn't 'finish' like Rurouni Kenshin did. They wrapped up that story arc, but they could follow it up per the manga. I think the biggest problem there is that it's so old that they can't really continue it without first doing something to renew peoples' interest in the original series or remaking it completely.
KrelianApr 17, 2007 8:25 AM
Apr 19, 2007 4:52 AM

Apr 2007
For me its:
Genshiken (because the ending was too open)
HXH (i want hysuka to fight against the spider's leader)
FMP (because I want to see more souske comedy)
School Rumble (I want Harima and Eri to be a couple)
Hare+Guu (because the best comedy deserves a sequel)
get backers (it was too open ended in my opinion)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (102) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

12 by Astachanna »»
6 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

23 by FanofAction »»
16 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

59 by KittenCuddler »»
29 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 11 hours ago

18 by traed »»
35 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 48 minutes ago

1 by SnipeStrike »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.