Forum Settings
Forums
New
Is it worth spending 100+ dollars to get an external hardrive to store my anime?
YES
94.7%
NO
5.3%
57 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 16, 2009 4:51 AM

Apr 2008
i have 2 WD externals, ones dedicated to anime and manga but i find it useful, go over to a friends place and just grab some stuff off them and copy it over

oko za oko, zub za zub - eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth
Jan 16, 2009 4:53 AM

Jan 2009
Neverender said:
Rpgwiz said:
Neverender said:
Blank DVDs

Cheaper and you don't have to worry about an HD failing.

They take like 7 Min to burn data to one.

whoa, sorry bro. Forgot moving large files to an external HD is instant.

They are not reusable

wow are you serious. how does that even matter for storing anime

it is possible to burn a coaster...

really now

For the record, that has never happened to me. And even if it did, so what. Damn, there goes like 25 cents.

Don't get me wrong. I don't really give a shit what you do. I own a couple HDs I use as externals too. Sometimes I fucking store anime on them if I'm lazy. The fact remains that an HD could fail at any time (though of course it's unlikely past a certain point). That shit would suck. I think it's worth the time to burn that shit to DVDs than putting it on an HD that could fail.

PS:

+1. Also, if you burn them on a DvD, hell, HD screen anime instead of watching it from your computer.
"No, if you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic." - House
Jan 16, 2009 5:25 AM

Nov 2008
i'd say go for it!! it's really usefull since computer's own memory space is so limited. i had one...it's busted now, unfortunately, but i will definitely get new one as soon as i can.
That Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie And With Strange Eons Even Death May Die
Jan 17, 2009 11:07 PM

May 2008
You should get another hardrive to store anything, so if your computer fails you'll still have everything you saved.
Jan 17, 2009 11:12 PM

May 2008
the only reason you hear about external HDD failures more often than the internal ones is because they are more likely to get hit by a random object or fall, or get into any accident.
Jan 17, 2009 11:22 PM

Jul 2008
I never really understood why people save a copy of all the anime series they come across. Does everyone really plan to go back and watch them? If you really, really need to have every anime series on hand, then definitely invest in DVD's. Hard drives can be used for so many better things.

...... Like saving a copy of every game you ever come across.

Redictus said:
+1. Also, if you burn them on a DvD, hell, HD screen anime instead of watching it from your computer.

PC's had been doing HD before the rest of the world knew of its awesomeness.
Jan 18, 2009 1:53 AM

Jul 2008
djinn_690 said:
the only reason you hear about external HDD failures more often than the internal ones is because they are more likely to get hit by a random object or fall, or get into any accident.

true to that.

Jan 18, 2009 2:19 AM

Dec 2007
djinn_690 said:

An external HDD isn't much different from a regular HDD. It's simply a HDD with a case around it, a SATA-II to USB controller, and a power supply attached. In fact, you can tear the HDD out of the case and use it as a regular one, there's no difference (unless you have a 2.5 inch one).

Vagabond said:
Redictus said:

PC's had been doing HD before the rest of the world knew of its awesomeness.

Yea, and you can also attach the computer to your television and keep the quality.
Jan 18, 2009 2:56 AM

Mar 2008
DesuMan said:
I got one!! I bought a 500gb western digital.

Awesome choice *thumbs up*.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Jan 18, 2009 4:52 AM

Jul 2007
DesuMan said:
Is it worth spending 100+ dollars to get an external hardrive to store my anime? I hate deleting anime off my computer to free up space. My computer only has about 50gb of memory. The only reason I am hesitant about is spending 100+ dollars and I've heard some stories about an external hardrive losing everything that was stored on it.

50? Sound pretty old or you have found the smallest HD in shop. I think it's time for you to buy new pc.
Jan 18, 2009 6:56 AM

Jan 2009
Yes it is worth 100$!

I have stored 500gigabytes on my HDD cause my computer with 1 terabytes HD was used up :P so if you watch alot of anime.. then I recommend it..

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.