VAMPIRE KNIGHT (best of the best )
MAID SAMA( great )
OURAN HIGH
SPECIAL A
EARL AND FAIRY
KIMI NI TODOKE
LOVELY COMPLEX
NANA
UTA NO PRINCE SAMA ( (¤.¤)/ loved this )
LA CORDA D'ORO( loved this )
Amnesia( ALSO LOVED THIS )
ETC......

If posisble like uta no prince, vampire knight and la corda d'oro with love triangle

\(♥.♥)/.... thank YOU <3<3<3<3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 12, 2013 6:37 PM

Mar 2013
Nodame Cantabile
Yosuga no sora-hope you dont mind watching romance with sex :))
Honey and clover
Amagami SS
Sukite ii na yo
It’s not always the talented that wins! But the ones who won because they persevere!
May 12, 2013 6:43 PM

Jan 2012
Dear God if you think Vampire Knight is the best....dear lord save us.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
May 12, 2013 6:48 PM

Nov 2012
Kare Kano is probably mine (decent art for the time it was created).
May 12, 2013 6:48 PM

Jan 2008
Slowpoke_ said:

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

2nding.
May 12, 2013 6:49 PM

Jun 2011
Kimagure Orange Road is my favorite romance.
May 12, 2013 7:03 PM

Apr 2011
Toradora is definitely the best romance, don't argue with that!
Spice and Wolf
Welcome to NHK - wich actually romance is not really its main focus.
Chuunibyou - for something close to Toradora (still pretty different and inferior)
You wont find anything better than Toradora or Spice and Wolf when it comes to romance.
May 12, 2013 7:06 PM

Jun 2012
Nodame Cantabile
Honey and Clover
koleareJul 18, 2013 10:31 PM
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

May 12, 2013 7:08 PM

Feb 2012
Slowpoke_ said:

Literally faceplam'd when OP said that...
May 12, 2013 7:27 PM

Apr 2011
Holybaptiser said:

Nodame Cantobile
Honey and Clover

Bullshit.
May 12, 2013 7:35 PM

Dec 2012
Clannad + AS
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
ef - a tale of memories/melodies
Toradora!
Koi Kaze
May 12, 2013 7:46 PM

Apr 2013
From what I've seen, Toradora!
May 12, 2013 7:47 PM

Nov 2011
I love threads where the OP obviously wants shoujo and a bunch of dudes come in without even properly reading the post and just start reccing seinen and shounen.

Tormented said:
Holybaptiser said:

Nodame Cantobile
Honey and Clover

Bullshit.

Tormented, have you ever tried looking at the OP's likes and then looking at their GENDER?

The stuff you suggested is seinen/shounen. Pretty much everything she mentioned is SHOUJO. Baptiser's recs are good, although I must say based on what she liked she might find Nodame a bit slow because I'm guessing she's in her teens and Nodame and Clover are both for older girls.

No no no NO to all of IntervisioN's recs. Once again, all seinen/shounen.

Don't watch Yosuga no Sora.

OP- Try Kamisama Kiss. It's similar to the ones you mentioned and is cute and frivilous shoujo fun.

It's a little older, but you may also enjoy Fushigi Yugi. Reverse harem fantasy similar in a sense to Vampire Knight.

Ayashi no Ceres would probably also interest you.

Kimi ni Todoke has absolutely lovely art. It's a little slower than the stuff you seem to like but you still may enjoy it just because the art is so lovely.

Paradise Kiss, by the same author as Nana, may interest you.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1562/Yamato_Nadeshiko_Shichi_Henge may also be of interest to you. Reverse-harem-ish.
AmberlehMay 12, 2013 7:55 PM
May 12, 2013 7:52 PM

May 2013
Thank you guys for your help <3<3<3

Some of your recommendation /s i already watched but its a great help
Thanks <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
May 12, 2013 7:52 PM

Jan 2010
My favorite romance so far is Spice and Wolf. And Kimi ni todoke
May 12, 2013 7:56 PM

May 2013
Amberleh said:
Tormented said:
Holybaptiser said:

Nodame Cantobile
Honey and Clover

Bullshit.

Tormented, have you ever tried looking at the OP's likes and then looking at their GENDER?

The stuff you suggested is seinen/shounen. Pretty much everything she mentioned is SHOUJO. TBaptiser's recs are good, although I must say based on what she liked she might find Nodame a bit slow because I'm guessing she's in her teens and Nodame and Clover are both for older girls.

No no no NO to all of IntervisioN's recs. Once again, all seinen/shounen.

Don't watch Yosuga no Sora.

OP- Try Kamisama Kiss. It's similar to the ones you mentioned and is cute and frivilous shoujo fun.

It's a little older, but you may also enjoy Fushigi Yugi. Reverse harem fantasy similar in a sense to Vampire Knight.

Ayashi no Ceres would probably also interest you.

Kimi ni Todoke has absolutely lovely art. It's a little slower than the stuff you seem to like but you still may enjoy it just because the art is so lovely.

Paradise Kiss, by the same author as Nana, may interest you.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1562/Yamato_Nadeshiko_Shichi_Henge may also be of interest to you. Reverse-harem-ish.

I read kamisama kiss - and its really cute

Thank you :-):-):-) your recommendation is simmilar to my taste XDXD
You help me a lot
MecuMay 12, 2013 8:08 PM
May 12, 2013 8:03 PM

Nov 2011
Well then if you are okay with reading manga I highly suggest http://myanimelist.net/manga/37/Shinshi_Doumei_Cross
May 12, 2013 8:09 PM

May 2013
Amberleh said:
Well then if you are okay with reading manga I highly suggest http://myanimelist.net/manga/37/Shinshi_Doumei_Cross

Ok i will try this first XDXDXD
May 12, 2013 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
loiza08 said:
Plzz recommend me some of the best romance anime with great art

I already watched the popular ones like

What.
The.
Hell.

Since you have a like for reverse harem, you could give Ouran Koukou Host Club a shot.

But please, don't go out there saying Vampire Knight is the best of the best, some ppl can burn their eyes (such as me).
May 12, 2013 8:29 PM

Nov 2011
IF0xI said:
loiza08 said:

What.
The.
Hell.

Since you have a like for reverse harem, you could give Ouran Koukou Host Club a shot.

But please, don't go out there saying Vampire Knight is the best of the best, some ppl can burn their eyes (such as me).

You might want to take another look at her post. Also she's probably like 14-16 and Mirai Nikki is in your favorites which is notorious for having absolutely awful writing.

I doubt Vampire Knight is any worse than Mirai Nikki or SAO or whatever is popular among boys. It just so happens that this site is MOSTLY boys so Vampire Knight gets a lot of hate. Were this site populated by mostly females I'm sure it would be the opposite.

Also, read her post. Ouran Host Club is already there.
May 12, 2013 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
Amberleh said:
I love threads where the OP obviously wants shoujo and a bunch of dudes come in without even properly reading the post and just start reccing seinen and shounen.

Tormented said:
Holybaptiser said:

Nodame Cantobile
Honey and Clover

Bullshit.

The stuff you suggested is seinen/shounen. Pretty much everything she mentioned is SHOUJO.

I simply provided different options because, why not?
And I was not complaining about his recs, I was messing with him since he showed himself a Keyboard Warrior instead of a civic user.
May 12, 2013 8:33 PM

Jun 2012
Tormented said:
Amberleh said:

Tormented said:
Holybaptiser said:

Nodame Cantobile
Honey and Clover

Bullshit.

The stuff you suggested is seinen/shounen. Pretty much everything she mentioned is SHOUJO.

And I was not complaining about his recs, I was messing with him since he showed himself a Keyboard Warrior instead of a civic user.
"A-a-anyone who c-c-calls me o-o-out on my extreme b-b-bias is a keyboard warrior!"

Seems like you truly are tormented... by your own ego, that is.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

May 12, 2013 8:38 PM
Aug 2012
Less on the romance (still there though) - but high on the bishounen count:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/957/Saiunkoku_Monogatari

Might be too old? Escaflowne.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/182/Escaflowne

Character designs do take a bit of getting used to, however I've always liked this love triangle (plus does have actually a fairly decent meld of other genres - mecha, fantasy what have you).

Also bit out of your request guidelines because it is shounen-ai but thought it was very similar to Vampire Knight in not story but looks/feel. It is extremely light on the shounen-ai and consequently doesn't even have much of that sort of romance (but what it does have is a lot of bishounen staring angstily at each other).

http://myanimelist.net/anime/7058/Uragiri_wa_Boku_no_Namae_wo_Shitteiru
May 12, 2013 8:41 PM

Jul 2012
Amberleh said:

You might want to take another look at her post. Also she's probably like 14-16 and Mirai Nikki is in your favorites which is notorious for having absolutely awful writing.

I doubt Vampire Knight is any worse than Mirai Nikki or SAO or whatever is popular among boys. It just so happens that this site is MOSTLY boys so Vampire Knight gets a lot of hate. Were this site populated by mostly females I'm sure it would be the opposite.

Didn't notice that, anyhow, i'm not talking about wich one os better, just as School Days is my personal favorite anime, i do recognize it has a lot of flaws, and far away from being the "Best".

Regardless, i think Bokura Ga Ita should fit.
May 12, 2013 8:57 PM

Apr 2011
Holybaptiser said:
Tormented said:
Amberleh said:

Tormented said:
Holybaptiser said:

Nodame Cantobile
Honey and Clover

Bullshit.

"A-a-anyone who c-c-calls me o-o-out on my extreme b-b-bias is a keyboard warrior!"

Seems like you truly are tormented... by your own ego, that is.

Whatever you say user.
May 12, 2013 9:26 PM

May 2013
IF0xI said:
loiza08 said:

What.
The.
Hell.

I'm sorry if a creat a HUGE big misunderstanding
What the!!
Its just my own personal opinion can't we have a right to express it!
i'll respect yours in return please respect mine

No hard feelings XDXDXDXDXDXD we all love anime right (*.*)^/
May 12, 2013 9:56 PM

Nov 2012
The Elite Romance series are:
Clannad, Clannad After Story
Itazura na Kiss
Kare Kano
Bokura ga Ita
Sukitte no Ii na yo(speaking for the romance part its self,the MCs are the weakest in this elite list)
Aishiteruze Baby(by looking at the cover,no It's NOT a lolicon)

The Great Romance series are:
True Tears
Tonari no Kaibutsu
Suzuka(Almost was elite level)
OreShura
Nogizaka Haruka (Barely made this list.)
Mashiroiro Symphony
Lamune
Fushigi Yuugi
Anohana
Toradora(The romance its self isnt that "great" but overall the series is)

The 1s I list have romance as a main genre and the story revolves around the romance.

The next list have romance has a sub-genre but still has great romance in it.

Blue Gender
Chrno Crusade
Chrome Shelled Regios
Cross Game
Dear Boys
Flame of Recca
Full Meta Panic
High School of The Dead
Hungry Heart Wild Striker
Jyu oh Sei
Katanagatari
Zegapain
May 13, 2013 2:18 AM
Apr 2013
maybe true trears, sakurasou no pet, toradora,mashiroiro symphony,oda nobuna,clannad+as , code geass,angel beats
May 13, 2013 3:47 AM
May 2013
Watch True tears!! Please.
May 13, 2013 3:51 AM

Oct 2012
Bakuman. though I belong to minority here
May 13, 2013 6:42 AM

Jun 2012
Please watch this :3

Toradora!
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Kokoro Connect
May 13, 2013 7:42 AM
Mar 2013
It hasn't been mentioned yet. Its one of my favourites. Lovely Complex. Its funny, has great character development, a satisfying ending with enough twists and turns that its not hollywood and romance is a pretty core theme. The Japanese name for the Wallflower was mentioned recently. Its similar to Ouran in its set up, its painful in its constant exaggaration and not as good as Ouran high school host club in a lot of ways but it is absolutely hilarious. Also if you haven't read the manga for Ouran you should do that. it finishes the story. the manhua for half prince is also a possibility if you don't mind gender-bender, hilarious writing from the perspective of the main female character "bishie" its not finished though :p there's been some comment on gender so far in this post but I'm a girl and I think Tora Dora is absolutely amazing. It has a male main character but it's very romantic and has great characters. The manga for fruits basket I've been lead to believe is much better than the anime the anime sets up two love interests but doesn't decide between them whereas the manga has closure. Okay I guess that'll do but I am a comedy-romance fan so if any of these are ones you like but have already watched check out my anime list and more comedy-romances will probably be at the top of the list. cheers.
May 13, 2013 3:07 PM

Sep 2012
HeavenlyUser said:
Slowpoke_ said:

Literally faceplam'd when OP said that...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2013 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
i hate romance genre but i still love&respect this romance anime : itazure na kiss
May 13, 2013 3:26 PM

May 2013
Toradora
Bakuman
Spice and wolf

I second all these

sorry everyones giving you shit for vampire knight, to each their own right... but best of the best.... go home OP you're drunk

IM BACK
May 13, 2013 3:56 PM

Jun 2012
Toradora! is a good one, but Phantom Requiem although it has few genres romance is a big one, I reccomend watching it.
May 13, 2013 4:03 PM

Jun 2012
These aren't the 'best' but they're all romance
ef-a tale of memories
ef-a tale of melodies
Inu X Boku SS
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Kokoro Connect
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Mayo Chiki!
Mirai Nikki
MM!
Ookami to Koushinryou
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi
Sankarea
School Days
Shakugan no Shana
Sukitte Ii na yo.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
May 13, 2013 8:29 PM

May 2013
May 13, 2013 11:47 PM

Sep 2012
You already saw Clannad, now go watch Afterstory, the second season. It's much better than the first.

And you'll probably like Bokura ga Ita.
May 14, 2013 12:00 AM

May 2012
imo try Clannad!!!
Jul 10, 2013 8:06 AM

Dec 2012
Amberleh said:
IF0xI said:
loiza08 said:

What.
The.
Hell.

Tell me about it! I don't know why guys are attacking this poor gal just because she has tastes that a girl would naturally have. I also really liked VK and not just for the romance (which was cute and sad) but also for the whole mystery in the plot. If you have different tastes then don't go attacking that of others. To each their own.
My recommendation to you loiza would be Skip Beat. The anime is hilarious and sweet and the manga is such an awesome shoujo read!
hahaha Naru, also how I felt when I learned how to read all my Kana. Barakamon is everything!!:'D

Jul 18, 2013 8:37 PM
Jan 2013
Maison Ikkoku
Clannad
Jul 20, 2013 6:37 PM
Jul 2013
Nobody is mentioning Hana Yori Dango aka Boys over Flowers?
As for Manga you can try Skip Beat!, The one and My Brother is the devil, and my boyfriend is a Vampire.

Other animes would be: Skip Beat!, Suzuka, Itazura na kiss, Mirai Nikki (this one is creepy a bit), Clannad, Kanon, Nana, Paradise Kiss, Wallflower, School Days,Marmalade Boy, Wolf's Rain.

Enjoy!
Jul 20, 2013 6:41 PM
Jul 20, 2013 7:06 PM

Jul 2013
Toradora!
Clannad + AS
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Zero no Tsukaima
Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na: Crescent Love
Sword Art Online
Shakugan no Shana
Onegai Teacher
Mashiro-iro Symphony: Love is Pure White
Love Hina
Akane-Iro Ni Somaru Saka
(there are lots more but these ones are those that I have watched and enjoyed)
Jul 29, 2013 11:23 AM
Feb 2012
Wait wait what??? nobody mentioned angel beats? what the....
i'll second toradora and clannad.
Also:
Aa! Megami-sama
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Da Capo (all three)
Denpa Teki na Kanojo and i could continue the list forever..
Jul 29, 2013 12:52 PM

Jul 2012
Hana Yori Dango is the best. Also addresses economic status and bullying.
Nodame and Honey and Clover are tops, but also deal with things outside of pure romance.

imo, Vampire Knight blows chunks. i do not know how i made it through that show.
lovely complex is "fine" - perfectly harmless/boring

i don't watch much romance so just giving opinion on the ones i've seen
Jul 29, 2013 1:14 PM
Nov 2011
BASED OFF YOUR OPENING POST!!!!

You did not say shoujo only.

So...

Some of the best romance anime have already been mentioned.

An anime I found with a good story romance and a love triangle is Macross Frontier. The art is good and it has a brilliant soundtrack.

It is a mecha/sci-fi though so bear that in mind.

Hmm.. from your posts I'd also recommend you finish off Bakuman as I can see your currently watching it. It is a brilliant anime. A love triangle doesnt really occur but the romance is constant throughout but staggered.
Jul 29, 2013 1:14 PM

Jun 2013
Nazo No Kanojo X - Its interesting in an awesome way =D

Nogizaka Haruka - Humor is great... classical

Ai Yori Aoshi - Definitely great and different take on the rom com harem

-GLGL
Jul 29, 2013 1:59 PM

Jun 2012
Dafuq. Half of the recommendations are not romances or have only a microscopic romance subplot. Anyone who watches Code Geass for romance, for example, should try Mars of Destruction to satisfy their thirst for romance, they're going to have an awesome time.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
11 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - Apr 19

21 by radrocket »»
1 hour ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

66 by SakuraCosmos »»
1 hour ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 4 hours ago

2 by Lucifrost »»
2 hours ago

» ntr doujin?

3hitcombo - 6 hours ago

1 by Knighty_IX »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.