Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 5 Discussion

May 10, 2013 10:25 PM

The clone was funny.

Ouch, was the final battle between the clone and Accelerator THAT bloody in Index? Because I don't remember anything bad enough to be censored. I feel bad for the Clone, but when they did their half-assed censoring, I actually started to laugh.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.

May 10, 2013 10:33 PM

I have a question for you guys who know more about the whole franchise or pay better attention;

Why was Mikoto the only one chosen for the cloning project? I don't remember this ever being discussed in the manga. I mean, why don't we have clone accels and melt downers running around? Why was it her and why was it ONLY her? If she had potential and that's why they chose her - the other level 5s had to have the same potential, plus as mentioned in the past she's not even the strongest of the level 5s anyway. Wouldn't it make more sense to use someone more powerful? There's no reason they wouldn't have the blood/hair/whatever of the others on file when they started the project.

----

As for the episode- I really love the way this whole season feels more like a movie, something along the lines of Kara no Kyoukai; like a movie series, rather than a TV series. It's incredible how the directing and cinematography are every single scene. Even with al lthe shows I've watched this is the first that's this length and maintained this quality plus had that feeling to it at all.

It was great seeing all the silly facial expressions too. I don't really like the Sisters and never have because of how abused they are for fanservice (panty shots, letting Touma grope them, etc), but I liked them a lot more in Railgun's manga (and now the show) compared to what I saw in Index, so that's good. She's pretty moe.

The ending was awesome too, entirely didn't expect an end-film style credit roll rather than the usual ED.

I wrote about this ep on my blog* again too (and last ep*, even though it was late).

May 10, 2013 10:34 PM
program noizes

guyklc said:
The clone was funny.

Ouch, was the final battle between the clone and Accelerator THAT bloody in Index? Because I don't remember anything bad enough to be censored. I feel bad for the Clone, but when they did their half-assed censoring, I actually started to laugh.

Which is fairly accurate to the mangas and the novels. 9982's battle here, which only appears in the Railgun manga, is one of the most gruesome that we see at all.

TallonKarrde23 said:
I have a question for you guys who know more about the whole franchise or pay better attention;

Why was Mikoto the only one chosen for the cloning project? I don't remember this ever being discussed in the manga. I mean, why don't we have clone accels and melt downers running around? Why was it her and why was it ONLY her? If she had potential and that's why they chose her - the other level 5s had to have the same potential, plus as mentioned in the past she's not even the strongest of the level 5s anyway. Wouldn't it make more sense to use someone more powerful? There's no reason they wouldn't have the blood/hair/whatever of the others on file when they started the project.

Modified by Numi, May 10, 2013 10:41 PM

May 10, 2013 10:42 PM

Numi said:

I'll check out those episodes as this always was something I wondered about, thanks a lot for the quick reply and short (in the good way) explanation!

May 10, 2013 10:48 PM

TallonKarrde23 said:

Why choose Misaka over someone like Accelerator or Mugino? This question was something Kihara Amata asked Accelerator in Index II as seen in the spoiler tagged image:

The reason (without going too deeply into it) is the Misaka Network combined with how easy to control Misaka is. None of the other Level 5s would have that combination. We have seen in the LNs after Kakine Teitoku mass produced Dark Matter versions of himself in NT6 that he lost control of the infinite network that was created. Even though the original Kakine was the central hub of that network (like Last Order), he lost control of it to one of the malfunctioning copies and died as a result. At the same time, the Misaka Network is absolutely central to Aleister's (Superintendent of the Board of Director) master plan. The Level 6 Shift Project was doomed for failure and once it failed, he sent out the Sisters to different areas in the world in order to spread the network worldwide (hence why Hyouka was able to appear in Russia during World War III to fight Misha Kruezhev). Whether or not Accelerator was shifted to Level 6 did not matter. The only thing that mattered was the spread of the Misaka network. And if that did not happen, he had the Third Season Misaka Network Project as a back-up.

Second, in response to your blog post about episode 5:
Accelerator isn't a character who can be developed solely by this one arc (although Kamachi does a decent job trying to do so in Railgun). It takes him 2-3 more arcs to develop Accelerator into the most humanized character in the first part of the Index LN. No matter what, he knows that what he did to the Sisters cannot be redeemed. However, he does try to atone for his actions despite the fact that they will never be fully atoned for.
Modified by Ashen_Miko, May 10, 2013 10:53 PM
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!

May 10, 2013 11:00 PM

Thanks for more info on my question. Again, I'll think about reconsidering watching Index or at least reading the LNs with how much more tied together they apparently become.

CreationBreaker said:

Accelerator isn't a character who can be developed solely by this one arc (although Kamachi does a decent job trying to do so in Railgun). It takes him 2-3 more arcs to develop Accelerator into the most humanized character in the first part of the Index LN. No matter what, he knows that what he did to the Sisters cannot be redeemed. However, he does try to atone for his actions despite the fact that they will never be fully atoned for.

As for this, just knowing he ends up something more than the generic evil mcbadguy is nice to know - and the fact he actually CARES about what he did and does what he can to make up for it, while still being developed into an actual character at that point, is even better. I mean that kind of change is typical (a bad guy going good) ...but not usually when they are THIS bad unless it's like the end of the show or game. So that's pretty cool I guess, I'll give him a fair chance and not let this arc define him for me either. Though I'll always hate him for what he does to the Sisters - I won't hate him for being a poorly written character hopefully.

May 10, 2013 11:38 PM

CreationBreaker said:
cruiser2710 said:
CreationBreaker said:
Kazejimonji said:
Did anyone else noticed that...

Wow...I did not notice that at all. You've got a good eye. (Well, Endymion is canon after all)

You are kidding me right?

Does this suggest that the movie occurs in tandem with this scene?

No, but during this time in the canon, Endymion was still under construction.
I am saying the movie is canon. However, it happens some time in September before the Daihaseisai. The current episode takes place on August 15th.

LOL It got me to rewatch the other eps and it looks like it has made a split second appearance on episode 1 as well. lol

May 10, 2013 11:46 PM

Episodes like this are what Railgun is all about. It had the comedy, it had the drama, and this season is not fucking around. That ending was brutal. Only downside was no Kuroko or Saten.

May 10, 2013 11:49 PM
TallonKarrde23 said:
Thanks for more info on my question. Again, I'll think about reconsidering watching Index or at least reading the LNs with how much more tied together they apparently become.

CreationBreaker said:

As for this, just knowing he ends up something more than the generic evil mcbadguy is nice to know - and the fact he actually CARES about what he did and does what he can to make up for it, while still being developed into an actual character at that point, is even better. I mean that kind of change is typical (a bad guy going good) ...but not usually when they are THIS bad unless it's like the end of the show or game. So that's pretty cool I guess, I'll give him a fair chance and not let this arc define him for me either. Though I'll always hate him for what he does to the Sisters - I won't hate him for being a poorly written character hopefully.

Um... sorry to ruin your guys's parade. But in the latest chapter of railgun I think it outright demonstrates that
So there are at least 2 level fives with clones. :) Chapter 59 for the win of the railgun manga.

May 10, 2013 11:51 PM

It's serious now.

May 11, 2013 12:12 AM

And here we go.

No more room for dicking around, just full on Sisters arc for the rest of this cour please.

May 11, 2013 12:16 AM

this episode is fu**ing perfect
pace,(expecially)OST,action and emotion is great

"Man - a being in search of meaning.." - Plato Seven Knights Mobile Game

May 11, 2013 12:27 AM

Pangeaa said:
Itachi_0893 said:
Troll spoted, come on, if you don't like it don't watch it.

That was necessary, or do you want that accelerator kiss with every sister.

And you are watching shingeki no kyoujin, that's even more graphic than this, stop complaining.

Yes im not sure if I will watch it anymore. No I want him to die so I can enjoy this show.
I dont care if some fucking side character dies in Shingeki no Kyojin and its a bit "graphic"
You don't introduce a sweet girl and just torture and fucking kill her in the next 5 min. I do not enjoy watching shit like that.
It doesn't matter what you write, im not a stone cold simpleton as you.
ANYTHING ELSE?
None of us 'enjoyed' watching her die per se, we 'enjoyed' seeing one of our favorite characters make an appearance (he gets a lot better). Of course we'd be biased, not to mention that we already knew what would happen and have seen it happen a lot. In my case this is the fifth time I've read/seen the SISTERS arc, all from different sources. I think calling him a stone cold simpleton is unjustified.

Actual episode was perfect. If only the whole franchise could have been adapted at this level :P

May 11, 2013 12:37 AM

Oh man, that ending sequence with the music was intense. We really have to wait another week?

May 11, 2013 12:57 AM

accelerator being accelerator is a badass accelerator hnnng

we`re going to see a lot of clones being butchered
. . .
hnnng excited for railgun vs accelerator :3
. . .
Sister's Quarrel :3

May 11, 2013 1:19 AM

That was not that gore compared to the original scene :

http://mangafox.me/manga/to_aru_kagaku_no_railgun/v04/c023/23.html

But still. It was nearly perfect. I was afraid that J.C Staff might choose to put away all the cruelty but my worries vanished here. Time to see Mikoto's despair.

May 11, 2013 1:43 AM

Woah.... He just freaking rip her leg off...

Misaka's ganna fight Accelerator, because I've seen Index, I know she won't stand a chance, but it'll certainly be interesting to see 2 level 5's square off for the first time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 11, 2013 1:43 AM

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIT. ASDFGHJWQERT!@#$!!!

This episode reminded me how epic Railgun can be. This is why I loved Railgun more than Index.

Accelerator!!! FUCK YEAH. Damn.

J.C Staff doing their shit perfectly.

Poor clone. Was fucking mad everytime they cut Accelerator vs Sister to show Misaka because that lessens the chance of the Sister being saved. Too bad she died.

I'm speechless, can't wait for the next episode.

I hope Touma appear next ep. Cuz I don't really remember how it went in the Index series.

May 11, 2013 1:53 AM

Don't expect Touma so soon. Touma will only appear at the end of the arc.

May 11, 2013 1:53 AM

EVERYBODY WAS KUNG-FU FIGHTING!THOSE GIRLS WERE FAST AS LIGHTNING!

May 11, 2013 1:55 AM

I wouldn't hate accelerator considering the fact that I'm already satisfied when
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

May 11, 2013 2:33 AM

Is it just me, or does this site have a fair amount of gore lovers? I'm not particularly bothered by the censoring as I'm not itching to see some gore. (sorry, couldn't help but share my observations)

This was an exciting episode. I couldn't help but laugh a little at the ending credits though (I found it just a little cheesy). Looking forward to the next episode.

May 11, 2013 2:36 AM

squareenix_X said:

EVERYBODY WAS KUNG-FU FIGHTING!THOSE GIRLS WERE FAST AS LIGHTNING!

Atatatatatatatatatata-

And Accelator, please kill more.

May 11, 2013 3:28 AM

Pangeaa said:
Tyrel said:
Also this makes you disgusted? You're watching Shingeki no Kyojin with even more gore, you watched all the Kara no kyoukai and Blood+ series, and yet you're disgusted? Please complain less.

Sry but I can't see any similarities with your examples and Railgun. Blood+? oh some monsters died lol? Don't make me laugh. Also it's not just the gore that disturbs me, It's the feeling it creates in that situation. Torture and shit. Not ma thing.

Is this hypocrisy i'm seeing? You like Kara no Kyoukai who had much more Gore and torture than this. Asagami Fujino says hi.

Either way it's definitely an awesome episode.
Modified by RedgraveGilver, May 11, 2013 3:37 AM

May 11, 2013 4:10 AM
Some months ago, I happened to read a short quotation from the original novel explaining "the project sisters." So, I knew what I was going to watch. It was, however, overwhelmingly shocking.

Having watched eps 5, I had to take 2 milligrams of etizolam (a kind of minor tranquilizer) and a two-hour nap.
Anyway, it's great.
Modified by htsuji, May 11, 2013 6:26 AM

May 11, 2013 4:14 AM

This episode, would have got 5 out of 5 or me, but due to frigging black bar of censorship, which didn't even need it in my opinion, rating went down for me. I hate censorship xD

May 11, 2013 4:45 AM

DAT MUSIC.....i thought i am watching some kind of holywood hero movie.....i think the BEST episode so far...
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.

May 11, 2013 4:49 AM

AHH MY HEART!

TnT I really feel for the sisters man.
I feel for Mikoto too...I really like the contrast of light hearted and tragic in this episode.

Cant wait to see Mikoto dish out some angst filled moves next ep ( even if she cant touch accel)

May 11, 2013 5:49 AM
ACCELERATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Made my day!!! SO OP Best badass ever!!!!
I can't wait for next week, this episode was amazing!!!

May 11, 2013 6:10 AM

Fantastic Episode!!!

Finally Misaka meets her Clone for the first time. I loved '9982' and her facial expressions when she was eating ice cream and the badge scene with Misaka. The experiment progresses as Misaka realises that the true purpose of the 'Sisters' Project and she tried to stop it but was left seeing '9982' die in front of her and her rage is directed towards Accelerator. The fight was pretty decent and its good to see Accelerator and his Vector abilities again.

Special ED song was so EPIC!!

Looking forward to the fight between Accelerator and Misaka in the next episode!!

5/5

May 11, 2013 6:12 AM

My love for the sisters includes 9982, all her sarcasm was brilliant!!!! but as everyone knows #10032 is the oldest clone......i watched the episode knowing that this jokes character was going to die at the end(the brutality caught me off guard though) :'(

Still with its kinda depressing end scene i still thought this episode was one of the best so far :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 11, 2013 6:14 AM

:3
Duh.

May 11, 2013 6:28 AM

RedgraverSoul said:
Is this hypocrisy i'm seeing? You like Kara no Kyoukai who had much more Gore and torture than this. Asagami Fujino says hi.

I knew what I was getting into when I started watching Kara no Kyoukai. Yes Asagami Fujino teared me up pretty bad, but atleast she survived (and don't excpect any compassion for the "remains" of her rapists)

Anyways what im trying to say is that It didn't created the same fucked up feeling for ME. Call me whatever you want but I have trouble watching stuff like this, and I did not expect it from Railgun.
Anyone else wanna impose you opinion on me?
Modified by Pangeaa, May 11, 2013 7:12 AM

May 11, 2013 6:48 AM

I honestly didn't expect such gore in a series like Railgun, too many limbs coming off in shows this season.

Pretty good show, and nice to have it finally from the viewpoint of Misaka, looking forward to the next episode!

4.5/5 episode
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!

May 11, 2013 6:55 AM

remember me the first episode of snk!
and accelerator got new hair again in this new series LOL

5/5

May 11, 2013 6:56 AM
I thought the sister project was made be Kuroko. Seems I am wrong this time.

May 11, 2013 7:01 AM

Poor MISAKA 9982 she was so cute,
I thought this was the part where Touma would show up

May 11, 2013 7:11 AM

Why do I feel so sorry for MISAKA 9982 but not poor Sachi-chan from SAO? Both had 1 episode of "development" yet what's the difference?

Amazing episode.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com

May 11, 2013 7:28 AM

MY6 LOVE ACEEL OMFG ESDJFNCEWJFVUEN ACCEEELLLL<<3<3<33<3
GIVE THAT BITCH A SALMON
BITCHS LOVE SALMON

May 11, 2013 7:31 AM

TallonKarrde23 said:

Honestly, I would suggest that you go for it. You might see Index (story not the character) and Touma in a new light when you do read the novels (the point where the novels start to get good is volume 12-13 onwards which is the last arc adapted in Index II so I would suggest that you watch through Index II and then start reading the novels afterwards from volume 12, which was the last arc of the anime).

You'll probably enjoy Mikoto vs Brunhild Eiktobel (a Valkyrie-Saint) in NT6.

Then again, if, after you read the novels, you don't like it...I guess everyone is free to have their opinion and I honestly don't think people will force their opinion onto you when you have read the Index novels.

May 11, 2013 7:41 AM

HOLD UP.

Is that supposed to be Index firing her Dragon's Breath?

Or
is it the Endymion?

By the way, didn't the Endymion appear in Railgun S episode 1?

Modified by Poorfag-chan, May 11, 2013 8:00 AM

May 11, 2013 7:53 AM

Poorfag-chan said:
HOLD UP.

Is that supposed to be Index firing her Dragon's Breath?

Or is it the Endymion?

By the way, didn't the Endymion appear in Railgun S episode 1 (as well)?

Checked the timeline it can't be it sorry. So it has to be Endymion.

May 11, 2013 7:56 AM

Railgun S once again reminded me of how weird Accelerator's laugh is.

May 11, 2013 7:57 AM

CreationBreaker said:
raisingfalcon said:

Kinda felt that douchyness of accelerator just oozing out. I actually was thinking and hoping for kakine to fly over and save misaka xD random thoughts.

We're talking about Rhinoceros Beetle 05-Kakine, right? :P

Well of course, Kakines is like batman now xD

May 11, 2013 7:58 AM
Observer

Kurogashi said:
Aerilith said:
dniv said:
By the way, I just realized that the code really wasn't that original after seeing subtitles. It's way too obvious lolz.

ZXC741ASD852QWE963

Is simple:

ZXC (first three letters on the bottom row of a keyboard)
741 (spaced by three)
ASD (first three letters on the second row of a keyboard)
852 (spaced by three each one is one more than before)
QWE (first three letters on the top row of a keyboard)
963 (spaced by three each one is one more than before)

This is a bad pass-code even though I'm being pretty nitpicky. It's easy to come up with and to remember, and it should be relatively simple to crack... (I'm a math major lolz)

So... um... oh yeah, the episode was amazing though.

Look at the Numpad. :P

LMAO.
>math major
cracked the code.

I think anyone familiar with computers enough to know about the most famous interface known as the keyboard will get that one. QWE and ASD and ZXC were big hints even if you don't get the numbers.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

May 11, 2013 7:59 AM

raisingfalcon said:
CreationBreaker said:
raisingfalcon said:

Kinda felt that douchyness of accelerator just oozing out. I actually was thinking and hoping for kakine to fly over and save misaka xD random thoughts.

We're talking about Rhinoceros Beetle 05-Kakine, right? :P

Inb4 Unknown Matter Batman suit. (i.e. Equ.DarkMatter V.2)

May 11, 2013 8:09 AM

okay so it has been a long time since i've seen the first season of Index and Railgun. when does this story take place? sometime during the first season of Index or prior to it? also, why does the sister not have emotionless eyes anymore?

May 11, 2013 8:13 AM

Niyari said:
okay so it has been a long time since i've seen the first season of Index and Railgun. when does this story take place? sometime during the first season of Index or prior to it? also, why does the sister not have emotionless eyes anymore?
Before episode 10 of the first season of Index.

May 11, 2013 8:16 AM

raisingfalcon said:

Poorfag-chan said:

Inb4 Unknown Matter Batman suit. (i.e. Equ.DarkMatter V.2)

This. Fund it. We need Rhinoceros Beetle 05 in a Batman suit. [This is getting way too off topic]

May 11, 2013 9:33 AM
Just a quick question. I'm not really following all the railgun series that are out there, but I noted the new one and started watching. And...is this a remake? Because I sure remember another one very much similar to this one. If I remember correctly, the guy has some vector power that turns the direction of other forces, I believe? So am I mistaken here and confusing it with some other series? Or is this truly a remake?

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »