Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 10, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
>Panties
Lmao. Teehee.

Clone Misaka 9982 is pretty funny in this episode imo. So she recuses a cat, eats ice cream, and wears panties. The OST is pretty good imo, man I can't wait till this comes out. I wonder when it comes out actually. That OST at the end wow.

LEVEL 6 SHIFT. My favorite character from the series makes his epic debut in Railgun S:

Accelerator is so badass honestly. Can't run, can't hide from him~ RIP LEG. Damn, this is perfect. Accelerator being Accelerator made my day.
May 10, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ how she spends with the clone. Though the clone is keeping the experiment secret from the original, who finally found out herself.

Accel!! and wow the beginning of the battle thing, with special ED. Original finally met him.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 10, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
Can't wait for next weeks' fight as well:
May 10, 2013 7:58 AM

Sep 2012
what a great episode....
can't wait for the next episode...
we need more blood...
damn that censors...
xD
May 10, 2013 9:38 AM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
This episode exceeded my expectations. Not only is it almost completely devoid of filler content, but it is so faithful to the manga it hurts. They even kept the leg thing. Perfect ending point, as well.

I can hardly wait for the subs to come out.
May 10, 2013 10:34 AM

Jan 2011
wow. The ending theme was like a movie :O Really awesome!

damn Accelerator ripped off Misaka clone's leg ;o;

May 10, 2013 10:39 AM

Apr 2008
EPIC. EPISODE. The mood became dark as perfectly as you can imagine! I STILL GOT THE GOOSEBUMPS!!!

On a side note, the animation budget was evidently well spent, seeing how the previous episodes were somewhat bland in terms of animation quality. I hope this keeps up for the next few episodes though.

Can't wait for the upcoming Railgun vs Accelerator battle! x)
May 10, 2013 11:49 AM

Jul 2010
Have to give props to JC Staff on this episode. Not often you see censors for gore on a JC Staff anime.
May 10, 2013 12:18 PM

Feb 2010
Elite60 said:
Have to give props to JC Staff on this episode. Not often you see censors for gore on a JC Staff anime.
how is that a good thing?

Censorship is the bane of the artist and should be purged
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 10, 2013 2:15 PM

Nov 2011
The censors are not that bad. It only cover the bleeding lost leg but if anything you actually see her leg get rip apart plus the train kaboomm. Man that probably hurt like hell.

Now I sad again to see her die like that, especially her expression before kaboom ;_ ;
This is where Accelerator jerk phase full mode, man he really bored at that scene.

Wow this ep is exactly like in manga, liking the new music there though the ending music funny for some reason, kind out of nowhere lol.

Next ep, Misaka VS Accel. lol Accel narrating the preview. XD

Also this look wrong for some reason. Curse you perspective DX
arena149May 10, 2013 2:23 PM
May 10, 2013 4:10 PM

Jun 2011
ZXC741ASD852QWE963'
Why does Misaki ask Uiharu about the password?
And what does it mean by Uiharu might have seen the sequence before?
May 10, 2013 4:21 PM
Mar 2013
Shih said:
ZXC741ASD852QWE963'
Why does Misaki ask Uiharu about the password?
And what does it mean by Uiharu might have seen the sequence before?

She does a lot of judgement stuff. If it were related to some organization thing, judgement has been looking into/tracking, then she could give the password to misaka. I think the way they show it in the anime is code of like being an actual code, you need to break. Like you need to figure out the key and then give me a suitable answer... maybe like a riddle... not so much like what we saw in the manga version.

Also, it could just be because Uihara is an excellent hacker who has tons of data-resources at her dispoal and who should probably be able to find the answer to it from somewhere. She knows Uihara sees a lot of codes. That's why.

Also... I'm not commenting on the episode til I see it in English sub. All I'm going to say is that this tops episode 24 of last season.

Especially because I know what's coming, and I know it going to be 100 times better if that is even possible. That scream: BLOODCURDLING
May 10, 2013 4:23 PM
Jan 2013
I haven't read the novels or anything but holy fuck my heart just dropped at "sayonara"

I knew the second half was going to have a dark tone to it, I knew.. but no, nononono.

11/10
May 10, 2013 4:50 PM

Jul 2007
This is the first episode that i didn't manage to watch live cause i had some work to do. Anyways I'm gonna fanboy a little bit so excuse me.

FANBOY RANT OVER. Long story sort. Perfect episode, absolutely loved it. Please keep it up like that J.C please please :/ I want to rate this show 10/10 when it's done.
May 10, 2013 4:55 PM

Jan 2008
Less than ~10 minutes in so far and so much lols from the clone.

And maybe it's just me but Misaka (original) seems to have longer hair than normal...
May 10, 2013 5:03 PM

Feb 2012
Shit just got real.

I knew the sister was going to die which just made all the funny scenes at the start all the more painful and sad to watch :(
May 10, 2013 5:05 PM

Mar 2012
awesome. can't wait for next eps fight!
May 10, 2013 5:20 PM

Sep 2011
Loved all these faces Misaka (clone) did :D. Accelerator<33333333333333333333333333333333
May 10, 2013 5:21 PM

Jan 2008
Tyrel said:
Loved all these faces Misaka (clone) did :D. Accelerator<33333333333333333333333333333333

Sisters are so amusing.

May 10, 2013 5:22 PM

Sep 2012
I loved the personality Misaka's clone had.
Can't wait til next week
May 10, 2013 5:24 PM

Sep 2009
@arena149

This frame from the manga became quite famous meme among RailDex fans
May 10, 2013 5:30 PM
Mar 2013
By the way, I just realized that the code really wasn't that original after seeing subtitles. It's way too obvious lolz.

ZXC741ASD852QWE963

Is simple:

ZXC (first three letters on the bottom row of a keyboard)
741 (spaced by three)
ASD (first three letters on the second row of a keyboard)
852 (spaced by three each one is one more than before)
QWE (first three letters on the top row of a keyboard)
963 (spaced by three each one is one more than before)

This is a bad pass-code even though I'm being pretty nitpicky. It's easy to come up with and to remember, and it should be relatively simple to crack... (I'm a math major lolz)

So... um... oh yeah, the episode was amazing though.
dnivMay 10, 2013 5:43 PM
May 10, 2013 5:36 PM

Dec 2012
RIP in pieces Misaka 9982
May 10, 2013 5:45 PM

Oct 2010
Best Railgun ep. ♥
May 10, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2008
I quite enjoyed the meeting of Misaka and her clone (who is every bit of a human/person with rights as anyone else, and if anyone says otherwise: F**k You.)

I don't understand some people's way of thinking when they say they love Accelerator...because he is a murderer, who kills for pleasure. If they only love his esper powers, cool, but him as a person, then logic flies out the window.

Estoy_GordoMay 10, 2013 5:51 PM
May 10, 2013 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
Ohh yeah Accelerator. Things are really getting good now.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

May 10, 2013 5:50 PM

Sep 2011
4kicks said:
I quite enjoyed the meeting of Misaka and her clone (who is every bit of a human/person with rights as anyone else, and if anyone says otherwise: F**k You.)

I don't understand some people's way of thinking when they say they love Accelerator...because he is a murderer, who kills for pleasure. If they only love his esper powers, cool, but him as a person, then logic flies out the window.

People love badass characters. He killed clones to get more powerful, I've seen worse from other shows and then themselves turning back to the side of good.

I liked Accelerator before he even stopped being such a Bad guy
May 10, 2013 5:50 PM

Feb 2013
I really gotta say, wow. This episode was so damn epic it hurt.
May 10, 2013 5:55 PM
Mar 2013
I want to give this episode proper respect.

This is the best episode I have seen in the entire franchise by FAR. Maybe it's not as good as episode 24 of last season. Everything is set up perfectly. We know what's coming in the upcoming episodes. We see the first sign of Mikoto's inner darkness with that primal scream (bloodcurdling yell).

Also, I never noticed that before. When they said kill 128 railguns, I thought they meant clones, but they couldn't clone level 5's. Mikoto interpreted this to mean kill her 128 times, or kill her and clones. That was a cool twist I didn't notice.

When she was finds out 20,000 she thinks its ridiculous. So... is the new catchphrase over 20,000, not 9000?

Um... Seeing Misaka 9982 die ripped my heart out. (and my leg too. Ouch too soon.) Accelerator was nice. I liked the updated graphics. This is so much better animation that everything else from Index and Railgun in terms of battle graphics.

The new OSTS were amazing. They took out the ending and put in that second OST! That was so cool! Best thing they've ever done. They are really making this season dramatic and intense.

Before people were poking fun at them saying oh, this is dramatic and is a cliff-hanger, not really. This time it's the real thing. That was really intense.

So I can't wait for what we all know is coming :) Mikoto going ballistic. I still don't really get what the next episode name means...

They barely had any filler, but it was nice to learn that Uihara is pretty decent at homework (she's probably doing harder stuff than Touma is already and she's just 12, and she turns in her homework on time, I bet.)

There was no Shirai or Saten, which was kind of odd to me... I think this is the first episode in Railgun S without them (not that I'm complaining because of the circumstances).

Do you guys think we're going to have a new ending now? I mean all of the scenes from the previous ending have been used up... (well kind of).

I mean we already learned that there is definitely more than 1 clone and we already saw the sad scene with the gekota button. And we learned about that drinking tea... and we saw all of that... so hopefully we get a new ending (and a new theme?)

Misaka 9982 owns Mikoto for the entire episode (very very amusing to watch) I laughed out loud for the majority of it. It was absolutely hilarious. Misaka 9982 is so snide it's hilarious. She's like (blah blah blah blah blah, but I won't say that, because it would be rude, I just sigh instead.... But she said it lol to Mikoto).

The hands scene was good too... I guess because of the pantyshot of 9982, we know how Mikoto would look, because they're clones of her? (at least for the ones here).

I can't wait for next week. This went really well with the new chapter of the manga that came out today (still not in english yet I think) chapter 59.

Also, as to Accelerator killing the clones: (your concerns will be answered when Touma fights Accelerator in this season). You find out what he was thinking about while doing the experiments. I'm not going to reveal any details though. That would ruin character development and a spoiler. I'll just say: [spoilers] He treates them as disposeable things made of RNA that can be reproduced at a push of a button in 5 days. He doesn't consider them to be people. Also, the reason he wants power is nice too. He loses sight of his goals... (you learn this). He is a very good character. After knowing his entire backstory and how he was brutally manipulated by the dark side of the city, his personality is actually very understandable. (the experiments he went through personally as a kid like Dark May project were way way worse than this one)

Also, why did someone give it a 4?...

Not just a 5/5, 100/100 in my opinion.
dnivMay 10, 2013 6:01 PM
May 10, 2013 5:56 PM

Feb 2012
Legendary episode. Can't wait for the upcoming fight, I was always curious how her first encounter with accelerator went down (as she mentioned before Touma kicked his ass).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2013 5:58 PM
Sep 2012
Such a heartwarming episode.... until Accelerator shows up. Misaka 9982 was so funny in her interactions with her original. So many funny moments like how she saved that cat with her skirt (showing off her panties in the process), Misaka 9982 approval and stealing the ice cream, and of course that "battle" those two had over that pin.

That fight with Accelerator was just as violent and bloody as I could hope for. So sad that Misaka 9982 had to die. Next week, angry Misaka tries to kill Accelerator. Should be a good fight!

5/5
May 10, 2013 6:00 PM

Nov 2011
Accelerator is merciless as hell. Ripping that clone's leg is pretty insane.

Misaka VS Accelerator next week, its easy to guess how that will end up.

May 10, 2013 6:01 PM

Mar 2012
4kicks said:

Wait...did I read that correctly?

4kicks said:

he is a murderer, who kills for pleasure

Let me just look again.

4kicks said:

murderer, who kills for pleasure

Ok, you just made it blatantly obvious that you did not pay attention at all whenever Accelerator AT ALL when you watched Index. Otherwise, you would KNOW that this statement is false.

dniv said:
By the way, I just realized that the code really wasn't that original after seeing subtitles. It's way too obvious lolz.

ZXC741ASD852QWE963

Is simple:

ZXC (first three letters on the bottom row of a keyboard)
741 (spaced by three)
ASD (first three letters on the second row of a keyboard)
852 (spaced by three each one is one more than before)
QWE (first three letters on the top row of a keyboard)
963 (spaced by three each one is one more than before)

This is a bad pass-code even though I'm being pretty nitpicky. It's easy to come up with and to remember, and it should be relatively simple to crack... (I'm a math major lolz)

So... um... oh yeah, the episode was amazing though.

Wow...I did not notice that at all...also...Math Major! Whoo!
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
May 10, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2011
Glorious episode as expected. The overall direction is absolutely breathtaking. Accelerator is a MFBA and Misaka is brilliant as ever. That scene at the end was insanely thrilling too. Keep it up Railgun, you have not disappointed me at all this season!
May 10, 2013 6:05 PM

Jul 2008
4kicks said:

Index anime spoiler (for those who watch Railgun but have yet to watch Index)

Either way, his crimes won't be forgotten: season 4 of Index will be where he will be served just deserts in a more deserving way than a simple punch... wonder if that season will come this decade... they are quite slow considering there is enough material for 3 or 4 more season ATM
NayraelMay 10, 2013 6:09 PM
May 10, 2013 6:11 PM

Oct 2012
Such a GREAT episode!!!
Misaka's interactions with her clone were priceless. She got lost in her pace xD
Accelerator is back!!! His BA debut.
I had contradicting emotions....I was excited to see Accelerator again, but poor Misaka's clone... u.u

Next episode what I've been looking forward to!!

Misaka vs. Accelerator :3
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
May 10, 2013 6:14 PM

Nov 2009
This is by far the best episode of the entire franchise I've seen. It's good to see the sisters arc in Misaka's point of view, rather than Touma.

I've had a good time watching her clone. Farewell clone number 9982, I will remember you ;_;
May 10, 2013 6:19 PM

May 2013
funny how they were fighting over a badge and dang, accelerator ripped her leg off just like that. it is about to go down next episode.
May 10, 2013 6:19 PM
Mar 2013
Nayrael said:
4kicks said:

Index anime spoiler (for those who watch Railgun but have yet to watch Index)

Either way, his crimes won't be forgotten: season 4 of Index will be where he will be served just deserts in a more deserving way than a simple punch... wonder if that season will come this decade... they are quite slow considering there is enough material for 3 or 4 more season ATM

What are you talking about? I'm sure there's enough for 5 more seasons.

Also... oh yeah. You're talking about
... Anyway, I want to see Index III and then Railgun 3 (Daihaisesai).

Who wants to see a Mental Out Manga/anime?

From the latest railgun chapter is appears as if she also
and it appears that
. Yep... Until they get to later seasons of Index, I will say Railgun season 2 is way better than anything else animated in this franchise. :)
May 10, 2013 6:20 PM

Jul 2009
5 out of 5? No way! 6 out of 5? FK YEAH.

The way Misaka deals with Imouto 9982 was really amusing, but when the experiment time comes up is heartbreaking to know what gonna happen.

The ending OST remembered me of FFT battles, really amazing. Looking foward for the next battle.
May 10, 2013 6:20 PM

Apr 2009
Kono Misaka no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.
May 10, 2013 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
Damn this shit was intense and it ended where it's gonna get even more intense, can't absolutely not wait for the next episode.
May 10, 2013 6:25 PM
Dec 2012
that was an awesome episode, but damn...that was a bit difficult to watch near the end...but damn that shit was crazy!
May 10, 2013 6:26 PM

May 2012
Hell f yeah.
This season rocks.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 10, 2013 6:32 PM
Mar 2013
if ears could unf unf unf, this muscial score would be the ultimate choice in self satisfaction.
May 10, 2013 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
Daaammnnn they kept that BGM playing through the ED, that was awesome! More anime should do that.
[center]
May 10, 2013 6:44 PM

Sep 2012
Damn it! that's just too sad that I cried so hard!! especially the part no.9982 crawling her way to the froggie badge T.T
May 10, 2013 6:45 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
From the lighthearted mood of the first half to the dark & violent nature of the second half, J.C. Staff did a magnificent job in creating a powerful & emotionally provoking episode. This episode was way beyond awesome. Keep up this pace, J.C. Staff! Keep it up! You're doing an excellent job in this adaptation! *thumbs up*
May 10, 2013 6:50 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty good episode.
As i always did, i actually like the clones much more than the original misaka.
May 10, 2013 6:57 PM

Aug 2011
My god that episode was amazing. Perfect adaption of material. Amazing animation. Music that perfectly set the tone for each scene.
Slow Clap for J.C. Staff for the amazing work they did. It makes me all the more excited to see the next episode.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.