Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 9, 2013 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Airi's summoning is a cat with a sword? Lol. But seriously, that little thing is fast and tough. I kinda want one.

Episode was alright imo. The music was kinda weird though. The Septentrione this episode imo is strange, kinda OP also. Definitely a better episode this week. Kuberos or whatever Yamato's spirit is badass.

Eyes kinda reminds me of Koko from Jormungand.
May 9, 2013 11:31 AM

Oct 2011
Damn Yamato's Cerberus was OP and bad***. So glad he saved Hibiki.
May 9, 2013 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
I loved this episode..finally some action.
Yamato`s Cerberus is amazing.. I can`t wait for the next episode..!!:x
May 9, 2013 12:05 PM

May 2012
as usual OP and ED song are great..

May 9, 2013 12:30 PM

Jun 2012
This week's DeSu2 got my attention again after some rather lackluster episodes. I felt dragged along and this seems like one of the series where there should be enough intrigue so I don't care or have a clear direction. I got a little bit of both with the second half with Yamato and Alcor's encounter with Hibiki.

Still wondering how Jungo and Airi play into all of this whether they are pawns like previous companions or play bigger roles
May 9, 2013 12:33 PM
Jan 2013
So what now for Hibiki?
May 9, 2013 12:40 PM

Aug 2010
The first half was pretty boring but the second half was amazing.

Airi and Jungo are really lovable characters hehe.

Yamato's entrance was BA. So was his Cerberus!

At the end all the big shot have gathered :)

Is Yamato a tsundere? Find out on the nxt episode of DS XD
May 9, 2013 12:44 PM

Feb 2010
The battles in this are horrible.
May 9, 2013 12:52 PM

Nov 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Is Yamato a tsundere? Find out on the nxt episode of DS XD

LOL
May 9, 2013 1:11 PM

May 2013
this was an awesome episode!!
May 9, 2013 1:23 PM

Mar 2013
Dropped. The story doesn't hold my interest, I can't stand the main cast and the way they try to make the show ethical and philosophical makes me want to pull my hair out -.-

Airi and Jungo should have been the main characters from the start.
May 9, 2013 1:43 PM
Apr 2012
SummerYoung said:
Dropped. The story doesn't hold my interest, I can't stand the main cast and the way they try to make the show ethical and philosophical makes me want to pull my hair out -.-

Hence why you're better off playing the game.
May 9, 2013 1:45 PM

Nov 2012
SummerYoung said:

Its because them wanted to show all of what devil survivor can show in 13 episodes,ingame that was much better,much deeper and you felt and the way of thinking,but because them chose a 13 epi anime,them are rushing it too much

Still like it though,airi S2
May 9, 2013 1:46 PM

Nov 2011
Stark700 said:

Eyes kinda reminds me of Koko from Jormungand.

Yet his personality is like Mephisto Pheles' from Ao no Exorcist. You know, guy who likes to throw a wrench into the works and you have difficulties to tell which side he is :D
May 9, 2013 2:41 PM

Feb 2011
The ep was kinda better than the previous ones . Nice fight , waiting forward for more.
May 9, 2013 2:42 PM

Feb 2008
Airi and Jungo is so adorable that's make the show good.

Yamato is not even honest and really want to save Hibiki.
Now when Alcor told Hibiki about Yamato saw that death clip he knew that he saved his life and prevent all that.
That's probably make him all confused.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 9, 2013 2:57 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, that's they are. The summoner from Nagoya section. And they've come to retrieve the place.

The leader of Tokyo section came! And so it was his plan? But at least he wants him to be alive (he also saw the clip).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 9, 2013 3:23 PM

Jul 2012
A bit better, the fighting isn't really all that great, but I'm kind of interested in their relationship now.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

May 9, 2013 3:25 PM
Mar 2009
The whole gang is back together.

Cait Sith looks like Puss n' Boots.

It's a floating, rainbow disk...Wow.

Wow, Yamato's badass entrance was badass. Lawl.

Even Alcor joined this standoff. What a weird place for a cliffhanger, "Yamato saved you, but he doesn't know how to say it properly."

Jungo reminds me so much of Yu Narukami, lol. So aloof and points out the obvious; great combination with Airi.
May 9, 2013 3:27 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao Neko Shogun, that's one bad ass demon.

Can't wait for next one, Yamato's entry was epic.
May 9, 2013 3:30 PM

Jan 2008
Been wondering this since she first used it but what attack has Nitta's Kikuri-hime been using? Trying to hard to relate it to animation used in Persona games since I don't remember anything from the first DS game.
May 9, 2013 3:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yamato's entrance was pretty badass, even though I still don't like him from what we've seen so far. Cerberus was awesome too. The only thing I like about the battles though is the color usage XD the part when the septentrion exploded was pretty to watch.
May 9, 2013 3:59 PM

Feb 2010
A decent episode?!

The (lackluster) plot thickens.

Cerberus is awesome...

+ I still have love for Byakko.
May 9, 2013 4:11 PM

Jan 2011
killer-baka said:
SummerYoung said:

Hence why you're better off playing the game.

The game is ALOT better, trust us .___.
May 9, 2013 4:57 PM

May 2010
SummerYoung said:

absolutely agree at this point. very bad show sofar and nothing is going to change

i absolutely despise hibiki. such a bleh character. and soo stupid.

really horrible

2/5
May 9, 2013 5:12 PM

Jan 2008
I just noticed that in the ending they took out Keita...if they're doing this for all the characters killed, then that must mean Hinako is still alive!!

Paul said:
Been wondering this since she first used it but what attack has Nitta's Kikuri-hime been using? Trying to hard to relate it to animation used in Persona games since I don't remember anything from the first DS game.

Don't know about the persona games, but in the Devil Survivor games, her default skills were Affection and Recarm, so no offensive abilities. Through fusion though, they can inherit most skills from the demons used in the fusion, or learn skills in battle later in the games.

I assume Kikuri-Hime's attack is a Force type attack like Zan/Zandyne/Force Dance/Mazan/Mazandyne...or a curse type attack like Judgement since it has a beam + purple circle the game. Could also be a weakening type attack like Nigayomogi (poison), Paral Eyes, Sexy Gaze, Marin Karin(charm), Petra Eyes, Gigajama(Forget)...etc. Could also be an original attack the animation decided to give her because of writers'/directors' "creative liberties".
Estoy_GordoMay 9, 2013 5:15 PM
May 9, 2013 5:48 PM

Sep 2012
I must be the only person who loves this show o_o
I don´t know why, but it´s the episode I look forward to every week, besides Shingeki no Kyoujin. I like the dark-theme the anime has, and Hibiki isn´t that bad of a main character so far. He´s just confused as to why he has that power and what Yamato´s true intentions are.

I haven´t played the game, but I will guess that Yamato actually has a hidden motive for doing what hes doing.
May 9, 2013 6:33 PM

Jun 2012
Meh, well the action isn't that great. The septentrion are literally moving weapons, nothing else. Fight op attacks with op attacks...

Those phones are pokeballs and the demons are pokemon, pretty much.

May 9, 2013 6:36 PM

May 2010
JP Leader got dem hacks.
May 9, 2013 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
Blackbird said:
Airi and Jungo is so adorable that's make the show good.

Like how jungo treats her like a kid but still protects her when shit it's the fan :P
May 9, 2013 6:48 PM

Dec 2011
It's never a good sign when you fall sleep in the middle of the episode.
May 9, 2013 6:52 PM

May 2012
Eww, yaoi.

KIRITSUGU!

Terribly directed action scenes, as usual.

At least the girls are likable.

Dropped.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 9, 2013 6:57 PM

Dec 2011
LOL at the Neko demons.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2013 7:08 PM

Mar 2011
Well, all of this was quite predictable with the last ep but it's still well done. Now Hibiki will probably start to go away from Ronaldo, since, well, this episode pretty much proved that he cannot protect everyone, despite everything he says. Saying nice things is cool and all, but it's useless if you cannot translate them into actions later.

Aside from that. Yamato is still awesome, as always, and I laughed quite a lot when Alcor showed Hibiki that Yamato is a big tsundere.

It was a bit surprising, since it's definitely something that helps Yamato a lot more than the AO, but Yamato wasn't honest enough to do it himself. It seems that honesty is more important to TAO than his"plot". I don't remember this in the game, but even if they added it, then it's a nice add.

I already liked TAO quite a lot before, well, I like him even more now. He's the only one really trying to clear the emotional part of this mess somehow (something Yamato is NOT good at, even if I like him a lot).

Also, damnit, Hibiki is fucking stupid. 15 vs 1 at the end, Yamato only defend himself and wasn't going to attack them beforehand, and Hibiki still try to fight Yamato rather than telling the egalitarians to stop their nonsense.
May 9, 2013 7:46 PM

May 2012
Ahaha, Jungo's voice kinda remembered me to the voice of Narukami Yu from Persona 4 The Animation. And also both Airi and Jungo's catty demons are kinda cute. XD

Can't wait for the next episode!
Badges: C.C.O / T.C.O / TFCC admin ID | Previously known as kazumi-san95
May 9, 2013 7:53 PM

Nov 2011
Yamato's entry was undeniably badass. Though I don't recall this part being in the game. Lot of thing gonna change.

I supposed Jungo and Airi gonna switch side now?

May 9, 2013 9:10 PM

May 2010
I swear Airi and Jungo are making this show much better.Just watching them is enough for this show to be interesting..I am starting to love it again.Their relationship is soo adorable >_<...I am starting to look forward to this anime every week:D

Also the ending and openings songs are awesome..I listen the ending song 2-3 times every week.This episode was great,9/10:)
TragicRomanceMay 9, 2013 9:29 PM
May 9, 2013 9:26 PM

Sep 2012
Paul said:

I was thinking that it was most likely Holy Dance. Even though Kikuri-hime doesn't get that skill, it visually looks like it'd be Holy Dance.

Those cute neko demons
May 9, 2013 9:32 PM

Apr 2013
Hibiki have more character development than any other characters while in the game he has the less development.
May 9, 2013 9:56 PM

Jan 2012
Alcor said:
Yamato came here because he saw your dead face clip.

so its like, "Its not like i wanted to save you or something, i just wanted to look down on you people, ba...ba..baka!" xD

airi is so cute >.<
*uggh my moe sensor is kicking in*
. . .
hibiki x daichi forever

May 9, 2013 11:48 PM

Jan 2013
That was an alright episode
May 10, 2013 1:01 AM

Mar 2013
3439264 macca...he's filthy rich !
May 10, 2013 1:10 AM

Sep 2012
good episode
that Cerberus is a badass spirit just like his master
xD
May 10, 2013 1:18 AM

Feb 2012
Alot better episode than the previous few, next one look decent as well.
May 10, 2013 1:43 AM

Sep 2008
Not only does he summon 2 super powerful monsters, but he also has almost 4 million maca? That guy is cheating! :)

As for the episode, I don't know, for some reason I just don't like it anymore. Well at least fights were good.
But did they even look at stats for some of those monsters or did they just put them in anime because they look good? Using Orcus as caster? Dude, his magic is one of the lowest in the whole game. Bloody starting lvl 2 demon has more magic than him.
nina4lifeMay 10, 2013 1:47 AM
May 10, 2013 4:57 AM

Mar 2011
nina4life said:
Not only does he summon 2 super powerful monsters, but he also has almost 4 million maca? That guy is cheating! :)

As for the episode, I don't know, for some reason I just don't like it anymore. Well at least fights were good.
But did they even look at stats for some of those monsters or did they just put them in anime because they look good? Using Orcus as caster? Dude, his magic is one of the lowest in the whole game. Bloody starting lvl 2 demon has more magic than him.

Nope. I think it's some kind of symbolism. From wiki:

Orcus (Latin: Orcus) was a god of the underworld, punisher of broken oaths in Italic and Roman mythology.

It fits quite well with Joe's "unreliability" with his girlfriend before her death. For the magic part, well, it was probably in order to keep him (and Joe) far enough. Joe isn't that much of man of action.

Also, Jungo has a Neko shogun. You probably know what happens in Jungo's fate events in the game. This one is quite obvious.
As for Airi, I have no idea... Maybe some parallelism between the king of cat tale where Old tom disappears and Dera-deka? Also, they probably wanted a cat team with Jungo, since he already had one.
willardhwrightMay 10, 2013 10:56 AM
May 10, 2013 5:55 AM
Nov 2012
it kinda surprised me that hibiki was among yamatos friends.. i thought he would be going off to save one of the other JP's members and i thought one of them might've been that friend he wanted to save.. hmmhmm big surprise :)
May 10, 2013 6:08 AM

Nov 2011
zamurai said:
it kinda surprised me that hibiki was among yamatos friends.. i thought he would be going off to save one of the other JP's members and i thought one of them might've been that friend he wanted to save.. hmmhmm big surprise :)

Won't be a surprise if the anime take their time developing their relationship like in the game.

May 10, 2013 6:29 AM

Apr 2013
The MC in the game is more funny and interesting.

MaffleWaffleMay 10, 2013 6:33 AM
May 10, 2013 6:49 AM

Jan 2010
The episode managed to please me, despite the rushed pace again, I was already used to it, whereas with 13 episodes, there was no way to do miracles, but within standards, without comparing with the game until he had a decent climate. Enjoyed seeing the Hibiki realizing that is not the badass of the time, was almost hating him for his leadership and confidence in his demons, since Yamato lets him to shame, but that ending was what I liked most, Yamato will be the big tsundere the series? LOL

Expected more animation and feeble, but at least the seiyuus are helping with regard to the character design of the characters. I expect more deaths next week, and there are more revelations.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

259 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 12:07 PM

» Time Loop Theory (Game Spoilers)

Kaiser-chan - Jun 4, 2013

3 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

180 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

184 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

134 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.