Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 9, 2013 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh God, this is just too cute imo:

>Pansan.
This episode imo was just too cute. Yukino in those clothes and hairstyle. Holy crap, she has a sister. Short hair and looks confident, things getting interesting.

>Poke.
Honestly, I think Hacihman's ability to not give a single fuck is astonishing.
KinetaJun 26, 2013 10:41 AM
May 9, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2007
Both Yukino and Yui need to stop being so damn moe...this isn't good for my heart I'm telling you.

But they really did cover all of volume 3 in a single episode. The pace was not even that bad either but it did feel a bit rushed near the end.

Next week is the field trip huh...this should be good, it's a pretty depressing and gloomy volume imo.
May 9, 2013 10:43 AM

Aug 2011
Yui da best.
Really like the pacing, we see Yukino's sister!
May 9, 2013 2:24 PM

Mar 2013
Good episode. I laughed when Yui put the present that was intended for the dog on, then Hikigaya got the box thrown at him. At least the lovely girl is happy again now...

「似合うかな?」
「ちょっと待って。いや、それ…犬の首輪なんだけど」
「へ…?!先に言ってよ、バカッ!」
ww
この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

May 9, 2013 2:31 PM

Nov 2007
Weird girl decided to break the relations altogether, which he likes. The girl wanted her to join again (restart). So to shopping and the sister ended up planning the two for date later. The girl's sister (Nakahara-san) is different. And because of the dog, weird girl saw the two together. The conversation between the two girls... lol~ misunderstanding resolved is fast. Thought so, his present was for the dog.

Summer break?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 9, 2013 5:05 PM

Jun 2011
Twintail <3
Stark700 said:

Yukino felt like the only child type, didn't expect her to have sibilings.
Why would Hikigaya pick up Yui's note/journal at the end? I thought he has no interest in anyone.
ShihMay 9, 2013 8:56 PM
May 9, 2013 5:36 PM

Mar 2012
I don't know why I enjoy this series as much as I do. Nothing really happens. But the characters somehow mesh together so nicely that they make the series hard to resist.

Yukino's casual dress is nice. So is Yui's reaction at the end. I'm hoping we'll see some more changes to Hachiman.
May 9, 2013 8:26 PM
Aug 2012
May 9, 2013 10:02 PM

Dec 2011
I didn't expect Yukino to ask Hikigaya out! Hahaha.
Her sister is also a nice character.

Everything worked out in the end afterall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2013 10:04 PM
Apr 2013
Poor Yui, I bet that tea session with Yukino's sister is really going to happen in the end.
May 9, 2013 10:06 PM

Aug 2012
Some many things happened in this episode.
Casual meetup turned into a date.
Hikki finally got praised.
Two sisters randomly appear and disappear.

A certain someone love cats but are scared of dogs apparently. Showing the contrast of a certain two people.
A series of misunderstandings. I love how all the conversations meshed together even though the two were thinking about two different subjects.

XenoiMay 9, 2013 10:25 PM
May 9, 2013 10:18 PM

Jan 2013
May 9, 2013 10:20 PM

May 2013
wow hikigaya's present for yui was a dog collar lol. good episode.
May 9, 2013 10:25 PM

Nov 2011
Nice episode.
Lol'd at the call with Hiki and his sister.
"There's No way my little sister can be this retarded"
Oh God, THE RELEVANCE.
So things went back to normal, but what did that final scene represent?

Hikigaya sort of just stood there with Yukino's book and then a quick flashback of her.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 9, 2013 10:29 PM

Feb 2009
I love Hachiman character he is totally different from all the shounen behavior I've seen so far, the boy is level headed and have a good sense in judging characters.
May 9, 2013 10:42 PM

Feb 2012
Yukino and Hikigaya together act like an old married couple.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2013 11:11 PM
May 2013
MaxCrazy7 said:
I love Hachiman character he is totally different from all the shounen behavior I've seen so far, the boy is level headed and have a good sense in judging characters.

Yeah, i think the same way. Since the first chapter i think he is very special character and i dont want him to change

Shih said:
Twintail <3
Stark700 said:

Yukino felt like the only child type, didn't expect her to have sibilings.
Why would Hikigaya pick up Yui's note/journal at the end? I thought he has no interest in anyone.

i think he doesnt have interest in yukinon yet but i think he started to develop some new feeling. Maybe he see her in a more feminim way than at the beginning.
May 9, 2013 11:12 PM

Jan 2013
This is my favorite romantic comedy/drama of the season. Just above Hataraku Maou-sama!. Love all the characters, really liking these Light Novel adaptations.
May 9, 2013 11:37 PM

Mar 2013
Hachiman should have bought her a leash that her dog can't escape from the moment something catches its fancy, one day it really will be smeared all over somebody's bumper.

But then, we would have lost that joke at the end...
May 9, 2013 11:43 PM

Apr 2013
really good episode. i thought his present wouldve been something she wouldnt like haha but instead it was a dog collar she mistaked for a necklace haha really good anime im loving it.
May 9, 2013 11:44 PM

Jun 2012
Haha that misunderstanding, Hikigaya- "I don't think they're talking about the same thing" xD

Great characters make this a great series.

May 9, 2013 11:54 PM

Nov 2008
Hikigaya shouldn't tell Yuigahama that it was actually a dog collar so she will wear it always and perhaps Hikigaya would finally chuckle. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 9, 2013 11:55 PM

May 2013
Glad things got sorted out between hikki and yui. the title of the episode made it seem depressing but luckly it wasn't
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
May 9, 2013 11:56 PM

Jun 2012
"There's no way my little sister can be this retarded" (Commie subs I know but still lol) Interested to see the official CR ones next week when I rewatch

Also it's a godsend how Hikky was able to see they Yui and Yukinon were talking about two completely different things. I was gonna flip a table if Yui left before Hikky cleared things up

Yukinon with twin tails!!! Keep her away from me! Never thought about the situation the way Yukinon explained it but glad Yui and Hikky made up and started anew : ) I was looking at the feud between them too narrowly when in reality real fights are made up the way Yukinon said if they work themselves out right. This little fiasco between them made me remember a fight with a similar outcome I had with a girl down my street when I was in grade school hehe...
HybridMBLMay 10, 2013 1:46 PM
May 9, 2013 11:57 PM

May 2013
Glad that Yui's back! Happy end! But why did it end with some melancholic music and Yukino leaving her book?!

This show is very interesting.
May 10, 2013 12:11 AM
Dec 2012
Nice episode. Next episode also seems interesting.
May 10, 2013 12:18 AM

Jan 2012
yukinoshita in twintails, i'm speechless @@

May 10, 2013 12:37 AM
Dec 2011
By looking at the info page for this series, looking at the main image, noting the ranking on the site (789 as of now), reading the synopsis, etc, you'd never guess that this series is as good as it is! Definitely one of my favorites this season!
May 10, 2013 12:54 AM

Jan 2011
I think the rating and ranking jumped a bit after Hikigaya's "Nice Girls" monologue last week--amazing what a flash or two of brilliance will do for a show's reception. Twintailed Yukinoshita may have the same effect this week....damn she's cute!
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 10, 2013 12:56 AM

May 2013
Foreshadowing at the end? I think, with Yukino's emphasis on "can" in "and you can make a fresh start"(at least, that's what the sub says), it's implying that she probably had some sort of quarrel just like Yui's and Hikki's, but it ended much more differently. So...she probably spoke of experience.

Also, her behavior was weird at the end, something like you just don't want to be in that place or something. Usually it happens when you say something, and then you just...have an excuse to leave the place, or you try to leave the place immediately.

But anyway, I'm just digging deep into this lol.
May 10, 2013 12:59 AM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
Hikki such a good MC. Rarely do you see one that actually notices silly missunderstandings and ends them before they escalate.
May 10, 2013 1:00 AM

Aug 2011
Love how all those annoying romcom tropes were played around with. Hachiman is definitely the main reason for that, with his levelheadedness and lack of overreacting/misunderstanding.

I especially liked his reaction to "I'll let you pretend to be my boyfriend for today". None of that 'get embarrassed and refuse/complain' business. Calm and casual like a boss.

Oh and Yukinon seems to be on bad terms with her sister. The way Yukinon described her... I'm guess she had a lot of trouble living up to the expectations set by her sister, who is probably more 'perfect' than her.

Actual episode was very entertaining throughout. Lots of moe Yukinon moments along with that constant banter between her and Hikki that I just love.
May 10, 2013 1:02 AM

Feb 2013
Ah what a great episode, those misunderstandings... I can't wait to see more.

Yukino was amazing, synergy between her and 8man is stunning and both of them have sisters. I knew there was something strange last episode when she asked about siblings, so now we know more problems of hers. The dog is probably a cousin of hulk, or Yui bought the cheapest leach and Yukino was kinda afraid of it, yet she loves cats... she's perfect!

I just love how episodes link together and it just isn't, well... yeah, here's this.

If only we've had teachers who cared or such clubs (or clubs in general...) back in my school days, maybe I wouldn't have ended up forever alone.

Anyway - the book!
AsciusMay 10, 2013 1:13 AM
May 10, 2013 1:16 AM
Jan 2013
Amazing series. Truely amazing. Directors know what is needed for the series and hits it directly.

Hachiman yey yey!
May 10, 2013 1:30 AM

Apr 2008
Episode after each episode i've become convinced that this anime is one of the most cleverly/smart and realistic written works i have ever seen.
May 10, 2013 1:43 AM

Dec 2012
Another fantastic episode that further established my opinion that this is one of the better animes to come out this season.
May 10, 2013 1:45 AM

Aug 2010
Ascius said:
The dog is probably a cousin of hulk, or Yui bought the cheapest leach

I'll have you know that my dog (who is even the same race as Yui's) managed to destroy a leash that looked exactly likes yui's.

Though in her case, I think it might be a problem with the collar or snap-hook.

That aside, great episode. And Yukino + twintails = one dead wordsmith. RIP me
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 10, 2013 1:48 AM

Dec 2012
How can a rom/com be this damn good?
Damn Hikki is probably the best MC in a rom/com I have ever seen , the pacing is awesome and it has the right touch of drama it is just amazing not to forget Hikki and Yukino interactions were top notch in this episode reminded me a little of Araragi and Hitagi dialogues 5/5
May 10, 2013 1:50 AM

Sep 2011
After all the talking, my head hurts...

Anyway, didn't expect that he would notice the misunderstanding. Also, I'm more interested in Yukino's sister because she's hawt.

May 10, 2013 2:22 AM
Aug 2012
^and ANOTHER guy acting on their pants...really pay more attention to the story than what makes your pants jump the most. Yukinon was absolutely the best character of this episode without a doubt. :|
May 10, 2013 2:24 AM

Apr 2013
"There's no way my little sister can be this retarded!"

DAT REFERENCE XD

Hikki's gift part was funny XD it was a dog collar

and everything worked out in the end :D
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
May 10, 2013 2:30 AM

Apr 2013
I like how Yukino refuses to think at him that way,her reply to the missunderstanding was less convincing than anything I've ever heard.She replyed like,she thought of it but she refuses to admit it.
Hikki's sister making an excuse to leave them alone,shows how low Hikki thinks of himself and also he cant even get the hints why his sister left them alone.If he were more confident he'd get why his sister left them alone from the start.You could say that his sister took care of it to be a date and not just a meeting for getting a present.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 10, 2013 2:33 AM

Sep 2012
Yukino is so cute O.O
LOL @ the Oreimo reference and the dog collar at the end XD
onepineMay 10, 2013 3:03 AM
May 10, 2013 2:40 AM

May 2011
Yukino in twintail=EPIC WIN!!
May 10, 2013 3:15 AM

Apr 2012
Hikki you awesome bstrd! The best lead this season imo.
Glad that was finally settled.
tsudecimo said:
How can a rom/com be this damn good?
Damn Hikki is probably the best MC in a rom/com I have ever seen , the pacing is awesome and it has the right touch of drama it is just amazing not to forget Hikki and Yukino interactions were top notch in this episode reminded me a little of Araragi and Hitagi dialogues 5/5

This I agree! Hikki and Yukino's dialogues remind me of them alright .
I love this series in that it's so realistic in the sense of rom/com. because most ones out there should not makes sense.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
May 10, 2013 3:17 AM
Feb 2013
This episode made me sad. Hikki never gave the dog a belly rub.
May 10, 2013 3:40 AM
May 2013
nice episode.....hikigaya realist thinking never fails to amaze me...

hate new ed animation, hope they revert it back....
May 10, 2013 3:44 AM

Dec 2012
May 10, 2013 3:45 AM

Feb 2012
I'm happy yui and hiki are in good terms with each other. Something more than friends? I hope so. Team Yui!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 10, 2013 3:47 AM

May 2010
The realness in this show is what make it one of thee best of the season, that and Yukino's Sister OMGoodness.

Also GET THAT DAMN DOG A BETTER LEASH FFS.
HydnlifeMay 10, 2013 3:54 AM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.