Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 8, 2013 8:27 PM
Dec 2010
Sorry, SAO. Can't think of the anime your referring too? I like time skips and think this one was done well.
Jun 8, 2013 12:29 AM

Jun 2011
Not really a huge problem, but I feel like they've skipped out all the fun, and I am a bit bias because I kinda love training arcs :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 8, 2013 12:41 AM

Apr 2009
its had 2 timeskips? i thought only 1
Jun 8, 2013 1:01 AM

Aug 2012
Calumz said:
its had 2 timeskips? i thought only 1

I'll make it quick for you. They timeskipped from 845 to 847, when Eren and the 104th Trainees division started training in Ep. 2. And then there's a timeskip from 847 to 850 at episode 4. Other than that, all episodes from episode 4 are in a span of 1 day until episode 12-13, I guess.
Jun 8, 2013 1:24 AM

May 2012
Calumz, I feel sad for you and your logic.

really
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jun 8, 2013 2:05 AM

Aug 2012
I don't see time skipping in Swords Art Online and Shingeki no Kyojin as a problem.
Jun 8, 2013 2:18 AM

Dec 2012
In SnK time skips were used to show instances of character development. In SAO they were used to avoid said instances. Not to mention that SnK only had a time skip early on, but SAO had several throughout the series.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 8, 2013 9:18 AM

Apr 2009
Tommk said:
Calumz, I feel sad for you and your logic.

really

i posted them weeks ago , get over it
Jun 8, 2013 9:32 AM
Sep 2012
Best timeskip of all time
Noy just in anime. In all literature
Jun 9, 2013 1:09 PM

Jun 2012
Well since not all of us have watched SAO, maybe you could fill us in with what was wrong with the time skip.

Also:

dankickyou said:
Attack on Titan, more like Attack on Shit. Eren is a loser/pussy/crybaby/etc. Giving Mikasa lips!? 0/10. Why dont the humans build nuclear missiles and destroy the Titans? Shit show with bad logic, the writer never did his research. Why dont the Titans climb over the wall? Show doesnt make sense. Why dont they build a spaceship and leave the planet? Shit logic. Why does Sasha exist? Comedy in a dark and edgy show? Confirmed for Naruto shonenshit!

This is a funny comment and I enjoyed reading it, but the last line... "Why does Sasha exist?" I made a thread about that about a week ago! It's completely true! The "comedy" in episode 10 was JARRING.
Haunt-botJun 9, 2013 1:15 PM
Shoot first, think never.
Jun 9, 2013 1:12 PM

Apr 2009
Open-Dice said:
dankickyou said:
Attack on Titan, more like Attack on Shit. Eren is a loser/pussy/crybaby/etc. Giving Mikasa lips!? 0/10. Why dont the humans build nuclear missiles and destroy the Titans? Shit show with bad logic, the writer never did his research. Why dont the Titans climb over the wall? Show doesnt make sense. Why dont they build a spaceship and leave the planet? Shit logic. Why does Sasha exist? Comedy in a dark and edgy show? Confirmed for Naruto shonenshit!

This is a funny comment and I enjoyed reading it, but the last line... "Why does Sasha exist?" I made a thread about that about a week ago! It's completely true! The "comedy" in episode 10 was JARRING.

It was kind of dark humour, but it was supposed to show that Sasha is kind of a coward, or is at least a bit traumatized by her experiences in the city.

Jun 9, 2013 4:32 PM

Aug 2010
SolBlade said:
dankickyou said:

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or if it's serious.

Either way, my brain hurts thanks to the lack of sense I witnessed.
Jun 9, 2013 4:34 PM

Jun 2012
SagaraYuzuru said:
SolBlade said:
dankickyou said:

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or if it's serious.

Either way, my brain hurts thanks to the lack of sense I witnessed.

Your avatar fits well with what you said.
Jun 9, 2013 4:46 PM

Feb 2013
(*´ω`*) Nothing to argue else here, since SNK and SAO are on different levels to top it off, so there's no point in arguing about the similarity of their dissimilarity?? timeskippy??? (° д °)...thingy.
~ehem, well SNK would've been like naruto if they've dwelt upon the training time.
To cut it short, they skipped to make it epic ^▽^
Jun 9, 2013 5:22 PM

Dec 2012
HurricaneSweet said:
Best timeskip of all time
Noy just in anime. In all literature

except for the time skip in Lolita aka objectively greatest book of all tiem ;_;
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 9, 2013 5:33 PM

Dec 2009
SwiftKilla said:
OMG IM MENTIONING SAO ON A SHINGEKI SUBFORUM HOLY SHIT RUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!

Okay srs mode

As you all know, SAO has a timeskip like every episode up to 6 or 7. That was a major flaw in SAO, but in Shingeki, they had 2 2 year timeskips. I'm just a regular anime otaku who loves great and deep stories, I'm not a reviewer or someone who makes a super deep analysis on every bit of the story, but I'm just asking whether Shingeki has a similar timeskip problem with SAO. I'm not hating Shingeki, infact so far it's aammmmaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzziiiiiinnnnnngggggggggg. I just want to know, are there any deep plot developments that allow such a long timeskip? Are the first few episodes merely just a prologue to the main event?
You shouldn't of made this thread because it was simply made that way...

The author chose to do a timeskip, so its a timeskip! --whatever, dumbass...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.