Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 7, 2013 2:43 PM

Mar 2012
Hope I don't mislead anyone with the topic title. It's an appropriate question though, after seeing the finale.

I realize there are about 10 more volumes in the manga that haven't been animated. Anyone else really want a sequel to this anime? Or is it better to leave it on a high note? To me, everything about the One Outs ending left me wanting more, but at the same time I could see where it was heading. There aren't any immediate questions that were left unanswered, but there is the question of, will they make it to the end and win the Championship? I wanna know if there is ANYONE who can stand up to the likes of Tokuchi Toua.

Maybe I should read the manga after all.

Anyways, if MH were to make a sequel, it should just be called "Tokuchi Toua Returns". Show him after he's won the championship for the Lycons, his next adventure.
May 7, 2013 3:00 PM

Nov 2010
Well it is kind of a misleading title. You can say "Will One Outs ever be continued?".

I would like a sequel, but there's probably a reason why they haven't made one even though the manga is finished. I think it matters what happens in the rest of the manga. I was going to read it but the bad art and me knowing everything that happens has made me put it off for a while.
May 7, 2013 3:26 PM

Mar 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Well it is kind of a misleading title. You can say "Will One Outs ever be continued?".

Ah, there could be some truth to that. Well, if people are curious enough, guess it won't make too much of a difference.

The art's decent enough to have me check out the last couple volumes. I think everyone's too into the author's more recent series "Liar Game" atm. I for one find it hard it put down, and it's definitely on par with One Outs.

Ah well, we can only hope for the best I guess. Sequel or not, this is one of the better anime I've ever seen.
May 7, 2013 3:30 PM

Jan 2009
can you spoil the ending of the manga? you can use spoiler tags
May 7, 2013 3:32 PM

Nov 2010
Oh I didn't know that it was by the same guy, I was thinking of reading that. Yeah well I checked out the first chapters and it wasn't the best and the art style is different from the anime.

Yeah I think it's a great sports/psychological anime too.
May 7, 2013 3:40 PM

Mar 2012
j0x said:

Unfortunately, I haven't read the continuing chapters past the anime. I'll get to it eventually I suppose, but if anyone else has read the series, you mind shedding some light on this matter? Spoiler tags is a must since I want to read it myself.
May 7, 2013 6:16 PM
Jul 2012
I reading the manga so far it is great. Agreed need season 2
Dec 9, 2014 5:36 AM

Jan 2008

Aug 26, 2015 4:09 PM
Aug 2015
The story is really exciting and I hope that the season 2 will come out sooner. I wonder what will happened whether Takuchi can bring Lycaons to the championship can have his revenge from Kojima in the one out game? or he will continue his career as a professional baseball player and continue the contract with the manager of the Lycaons?

I hope this will be continued.

Regards,

whoDAS
Mar 28, 2016 6:33 AM

Dec 2015
I haven't read the source, but it's reasonable to assume that the story ends with Tokuchi leading Lycaons to the cup. I don't think a second season will make the story anymore 'complete'- every episode in this show is equally eventful in a sort of episodic manner. I don't especially care though, I'd love to continue seeing interesting strategy regardless of whether it comes with a solid story.
Dec 24, 2016 8:42 PM
Dec 2015
Thanks for sharing your thoughts... with you Kenpachi Sensei
Zorocia said:
Hope I don't mislead anyone with the topic title. It's an appropriate question though, after seeing the finale.

I realize there are about 10 more volumes in the manga that haven't been animated. Anyone else really want a sequel to this anime? Or is it better to leave it on a high note? To me, everything about the One Outs ending left me wanting more, but at the same time I could see where it was heading. There aren't any immediate questions that were left unanswered, but there is the question of, will they make it to the end and win the Championship? I wanna know if there is ANYONE who can stand up to the likes of Tokuchi Toua.

Maybe I should read the manga after all.

Anyways, if MH were to make a sequel, it should just be called "Tokuchi Toua Returns". Show him after he's won the championship for the Lycons, his next adventure.
Jun 1, 2017 8:51 AM

Jan 2008
I hope so! I just finished the series and could've easily watched 50 more eps
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
Dec 31, 2017 10:24 PM
Feb 2017
I hope this anime is continued. What a great plot and script!!!!
Jan 21, 2018 11:16 PM

Jul 2014
Werchiel said:

responding to the spoiler:

Jesus Walks
Jan 21, 2018 11:51 PM

Oct 2015
LebronsHairline said:
Werchiel said:

the same as always although this time they're working as a proper team now not to mention the awakening of 3 baseball stars in the reserves team joining the mix. a batter that always misses, an old guy who used to be good at the game, and a record breaking pitcher that only threw weak pitches. All of which also contributed to Lycaons victory due to them being awakened by Tokuchi and I find that amazing. Kojima and Ideguchi still lacked the development they should have had and are usually still stuck with being the catalyst of Tokuchi's plans. He helped them win, it's not really that he didn't play for the team anymore but because people started to figure out a counter to his pitches which ultimately led to his downfall or so we think. He managed to screw mariners over the finals because of how he manipulated how the batters bat due to them practicing and practicing how to counter tokuchi's pitches so in the end even though they managed to counter tokuchi's pitches, they completely got used to counter batting those that they forgot the timings for other pitches of other pitchers that caused their demise. I can't really explain that well, but that's why tokuchi barely plays anymore on the last few chapters
Jan 8, 2019 8:11 AM

May 2015
EGOIST said:
LebronsHairline said:

the same as always although this time they're working as a proper team now not to mention the awakening of 3 baseball stars in the reserves team joining the mix. a batter that always misses, an old guy who used to be good at the game, and a record breaking pitcher that only threw weak pitches. All of which also contributed to Lycaons victory due to them being awakened by Tokuchi and I find that amazing. Kojima and Ideguchi still lacked the development they should have had and are usually still stuck with being the catalyst of Tokuchi's plans. He helped them win, it's not really that he didn't play for the team anymore but because people started to figure out a counter to his pitches which ultimately led to his downfall or so we think. He managed to screw mariners over the finals because of how he manipulated how the batters bat due to them practicing and practicing how to counter tokuchi's pitches so in the end even though they managed to counter tokuchi's pitches, they completely got used to counter batting those that they forgot the timings for other pitches of other pitchers that caused their demise. I can't really explain that well, but that's why tokuchi barely plays anymore on the last few chapters

God damnit , that sounds awesome ! I wish they would've worked on season 2
iRaphahellFeb 17, 2019 4:04 AM
Jan 10, 2019 3:52 AM
Oct 2018
Werchiel said:

Well He is God, when the job done then done
Mar 8, 2019 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
Kind of reviving this thread, but does anyone know why they animated only half of the content? The anime started airing over 2 years after the manga was finished, so it wasn't supposed to be tool for boosting sales or anything. I guess they animated it for the sake of animating it (unless there's some other reason I do not know about), so it makes it even more weird that they left out huge part of the story. Unless they decided it's not worth, because later chapters aren't good enough, I haven't read the source so I can't say anything for myself.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2019 10:17 AM

Jan 2019
HDVision said:
Kind of reviving this thread, but does anyone know why they animated only half of the content? The anime started airing over 2 years after the manga was finished, so it wasn't supposed to be tool for boosting sales or anything. I guess they animated it for the sake of animating it (unless there's some other reason I do not know about), so it makes it even more weird that they left out huge part of the story. Unless they decided it's not worth, because later chapters aren't good enough, I haven't read the source so I can't say anything for myself.

most likely because of a limited budget and i guess they didnt make enough money through the Anime for a sequel / possibly even low popularity, im just speculating since i don't have the sales data etc on hand but this would make sense to me, its fairly rare to directly animate more than a 2 cour so yeah, except for franchises that already had made an impact
Sep 22, 2020 7:25 AM
Oct 2016
DenkiDestroy99X said:
HDVision said:

most likely because of a limited budget and i guess they didnt make enough money through the Anime for a sequel / possibly even low popularity, im just speculating since i don't have the sales data etc on hand but this would make sense to me, its fairly rare to directly animate more than a 2 cour so yeah, except for franchises that already had made an impact

still wait for season two but i agree. this make a very impact to me

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Outs Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 2, 2009

211 by Sud3na2-k »»
Apr 7, 7:54 AM

» Season 2?

kush_void - Mar 13, 2022

6 by IndienRock »»
Mar 31, 9:48 PM

Poll: » One Outs Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zq - Mar 9, 2009

52 by TRC_Randy »»
Feb 4, 8:04 AM

Poll: » One Outs Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bakayaro - Nov 6, 2008

96 by TRC_Randy »»
Jan 26, 1:29 AM

Poll: » One Outs Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

datsunvic - Dec 25, 2008

70 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Dec 4, 2023 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.