Forum Settings
Forums
May 30, 2013 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 228
Tormented said:
Hey guys, I just tried an indie game called Dreadout for PC and it looks really good, if you like Fatal Frame be sure to check it out.
You can only play a demo for now anyway but it's damn good compared to the shitty popular Slenderman, it looks exactly like a console game but without huge amount of features.

I've watched a gameplay of the demo. It has a certain Fatal Frame feel to it but let's hope it's not that similar.
 
May 30, 2013 12:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 662
Don't really get scared from videos, but I gotta get fatal frame respect, it was fucking scary.
'If people refuse to accept you, then I'll just accept you even more.'
 
May 30, 2013 2:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 157
TehBlindSamurai said:
Red_Keys said:
If anybody says Slenderman.

Go fuck yourself. That shit was not scary. At all.


Thank you for saying that! Also the new Dead Space games are not scary at all >:(


thats exactly what i think i dont know why are so many youtube videos out where people screaming during playing ?
 
May 30, 2013 2:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 157
the old resident evils i remember when i played them in the evening on ps1 i rly enjoyed it.
 
May 31, 2013 4:44 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1695
Hmm.... the first Silent Hill was horrible for me, but then again I sneaked into my older cousins room to play it when I was like 7. That taught me.
Also Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Bought it off Steam, download finished at 1 in the morning. Never, ever again.
 
May 31, 2013 5:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 766
Jumpers123 said:
Hmm.... the first Silent Hill was horrible for me, but then again I sneaked into my older cousins room to play it when I was like 7. That taught me.
Also Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Bought it off Steam, download finished at 1 in the morning. Never, ever again.

Yeah, I also played Silent Hill (demo) when I was too young, maybe 10 year old or around and I got traumatized by those damn dark corridors in the school part, I still beated the damn demo, scared as f***.
Always showing off the demo to my friends because it was freaking violent and disturbing at that time but of course, we were easily surprised.
Alienated by the radio signals wich I found that cool as hell at that time, I was always thinking about it alongside with monsters appearances when hanging out with friends on spookie/dark areas, I was a freaking chuunibyou at that time xD
A few months ago I replayed it (emulated) and got disappointed. (guess why?)
I still enjoyed it anyway but it's not that good how it used to be in scare factors.
I'm sure Silent Hill is the reason I love Survival Horror now but nothing beats Fatal Frame.
It's just plain beautiful and scary at the same time, an excellent mixed horror.
 
May 31, 2013 6:18 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1695
Tormented said:
Jumpers123 said:
Hmm.... the first Silent Hill was horrible for me, but then again I sneaked into my older cousins room to play it when I was like 7. That taught me.
Also Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Bought it off Steam, download finished at 1 in the morning. Never, ever again.

Yeah, I also played Silent Hill (demo) when I was too young, maybe 10 year old or around and I got traumatized by those damn dark corridors in the school part, I still beated the damn demo, scared as f***.
Always showing off the demo to my friends because it was freaking violent and disturbing at that time but of course, we were easily surprised.
Alienated by the radio signals wich I found that cool as hell at that time, I was always thinking about it alongside with monsters appearances when hanging out with friends on spookie/dark areas, I was a freaking chuunibyou at that time xD
A few months ago I replayed it (emulated) and got disappointed. (guess why?)
I still enjoyed it anyway but it's not that good how it used to be in scare factors.
I'm sure Silent Hill is the reason I love Survival Horror now but nothing beats Fatal Frame.
It's just plain beautiful and scary at the same time, an excellent mixed horror.


Well I haven't played Fatal Frame so I can't judge. Scary games don't appeal to me an awful lot. JRPG's are my thing. Though they do have their moments on occasion.
 
May 31, 2013 7:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1955
Red_Keys said:
If anybody says Slenderman.

Go fuck yourself. That shit was not scary. At all.


LOL! Did you try Slender The Arrival (Episode 2)

 
May 31, 2013 7:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 6651
I'm sure someone already said this.

But Silent Hill 3...alone...in the dark....with no music.

Resident Evil more or less threw zombies and monsters at you. It was a walk in the candy store compared to the psychological factor of SH3 where you had silence and darkness virtually everywhere and could never tell what was going to come at you from where.

I wouldn't call it outright scary, but FEAR had it's moments where it could make you jump.




 
May 31, 2013 8:08 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 61
I played barrow hill in middle school and it was pretty scary then
 
Jun 1, 2013 1:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55
"Scary" is pretty much all about lack of familiarity innit? I remember the hospital in Silent Hill 2 felt overbearingly, oppressively creepy the first time I played it, but if I play it now it's nothing. Not even close to the same experience.
 
Jun 1, 2013 5:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 766
Jumpers123 said:
Tormented said:
Jumpers123 said:
Hmm.... the first Silent Hill was horrible for me, but then again I sneaked into my older cousins room to play it when I was like 7. That taught me.
Also Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Bought it off Steam, download finished at 1 in the morning. Never, ever again.

Yeah, I also played Silent Hill (demo) when I was too young, maybe 10 year old or around and I got traumatized by those damn dark corridors in the school part, I still beated the damn demo, scared as f***.
Always showing off the demo to my friends because it was freaking violent and disturbing at that time but of course, we were easily surprised.
Alienated by the radio signals wich I found that cool as hell at that time, I was always thinking about it alongside with monsters appearances when hanging out with friends on spookie/dark areas, I was a freaking chuunibyou at that time xD
A few months ago I replayed it (emulated) and got disappointed. (guess why?)
I still enjoyed it anyway but it's not that good how it used to be in scare factors.
I'm sure Silent Hill is the reason I love Survival Horror now but nothing beats Fatal Frame.
It's just plain beautiful and scary at the same time, an excellent mixed horror.


Well I haven't played Fatal Frame so I can't judge. Scary games don't appeal to me an awful lot. JRPG's are my thing. Though they do have their moments on occasion.

I can say I'm more into everything except sport games but survival horror has that especial appeal to me since I was young.

-GiaN- said:
Red_Keys said:
If anybody says Slenderman.

Go fuck yourself. That shit was not scary. At all.


LOL! Did you try Slender The Arrival (Episode 2)

It's the same crap, there are a lot of games just like slenderman being made over the years.
They only rely on jump scares, very poor and believable atmosphere, and lack game elements except for the common dark areas+flash light, then put something stalking you and it's done. After you face the stalker, they just look pathetic and you're turned down on how non scary the stalker is.
Slenderman is not a scary character compared to many others.
Amnesia or Penumbra are WAY superior in that matter because they have more than it. They have disturbing monsters, creepy sounds, good scenarios, great locations design, they know when or how the ideal scary moment must take place for chilling moments to enhance the next possible scary moment. And of course, they have plot!
Slenderman is just an ignorant pick for a good horror game (do not take it offensive).
If you pick slenderman as the most scary then you have to quote many other games.
Also I found the recent Dreadout way better than slenderman.
 
Jun 1, 2013 5:29 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 761
The Condemned series is pretty scary.
 
Aug 28, 2013 10:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 543
Amnesia.
 
Aug 28, 2013 11:18 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 492
Black Mirror, hands down.

The reason I grew to hate the horror genre as a whole, in any medium.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 28, 2013 12:43 PM
News Team
Kakkoii 🐠🐟

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2080
Red_Keys said:
If anybody says Slenderman.

Go fuck yourself. That shit was not scary. At all.


What about The exorcist: Scary maze game?
 
Aug 28, 2013 9:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2741
tHe-OTAKU- said:
Amnesia.



 
Aug 29, 2013 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13537
Never been scared from a video game. Closest I got to was a single jumpscare from Alone in the Dark when I was 8. Even RE2 was tame to me.... and I was 8 when I played that too (finished it in 2 days). I think I need to play more horror games, but for some reason, they don't really appeal to me much. Maybe I'll pick this Fatal Frame you speak of and try playing it in midnight with lights out.
 
Aug 29, 2013 2:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1119
First Project Zero/Fatal Frame still take's the cake.
 
Aug 29, 2013 1:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 644
When I was like 11 I bought Aliens versus Predator for the PC. I couldn't do ONE marine level without crapping my pants. I can't tell you how many flares I used or bullets I shot at anything that looked like it was moving. I was paranoid of aliens and even had nightmares of them. They still kind of scare me to this day lol.
 
Aug 29, 2013 3:52 PM
Destroy w/ Laser

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5771
Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie.

Those polygons were too much for me as a kid.
 
Aug 29, 2013 4:01 PM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24959
depnds on what you mean by Sacry here

there Jump Scares like Biohazrad has there the idea that you tottaly alone like Silent Hill

then there stuff like Etrenal Darkness witch is this is your Brain on Drugs style Horror



so its hard for me i say
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Aug 29, 2013 4:50 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 212
Dead Space
 
Aug 29, 2013 4:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 538
I use to think Silent hill 4 was so scary! Think cause that was the first horror I played, and the preview of it was so scary as well! but after playing a heap more horror games, I have to say its a tie with Project Zero series (Fatal Frame) or Siren Series (first 2 on the ps2 were much scarier the blood curse on ps3)
 
Sep 19, 2013 1:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 180
Biased answers of course!

Personally Cry of Fear really got me to cry of fear because of it's jump scares.
"I'm a guy that watches Shojo stuff. Nothing is wrong with that."
 
Sep 19, 2013 2:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 132
Penumbra: Black plague, Amnesia the dark descent, OUTLAST.. -those are the scariest for me .. gonna try Amnesia machine for pigs soon.. hope it's better than the dark descent^
 
Sep 19, 2013 2:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 619
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
'The angels will return. And when you see the one that's meant to help you, you will weep with joy.'
 
Sep 20, 2013 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2479
Scared in a video game? You speak of new ideologies!
To the clueless people: my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire


Join if hate Clannad: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=12806&time=1389088639
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=41313
 
Sep 21, 2013 7:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1164
Silent Hill and Alone in the Dark.

Didn't play Amnesia or any recent games.
 
Sep 21, 2013 12:15 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 18
Growing up I played games like Alone in the Dark, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Parasite Eve and such, generally those games were not that scary, sure I would flinch when out of nowhere a zombie suddenly appears and scares you. But I honestly think that the level of scarynes was very limited by technology at that time, ps1, saturn, n64 and pcs back then couldn't really produce graphics and sounds that good that a game could scare you.

However today I love horror games, especially ones that totally immerses you into the game world and makes you feel uncomfortable playing it alone in a dark room at night. Games such as Dead Space, Penumbra and Amnesia. ( My favorites this generation ).
 
Sep 21, 2013 12:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3838
Amnesia and Dead Space
 
Sep 21, 2013 12:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1374
As a kid, it was unquestionably Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Because of Wallmasters.
 
Sep 21, 2013 2:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 25658
Amnesia.
 
Sep 21, 2013 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1226
Ummmmmm.... no video game has really "scared" me, but I would say Silent Hill 1-3 are all in their own right very creepy.
получить деньги моего друга
 
Oct 28, 2013 6:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1198
Psychonaut and The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask
Follow sui-u on tumblr~ best tumblr all time!~ <3
http://sui-u.tumblr.com/
 
Oct 28, 2013 6:47 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 224
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs...
 
Oct 28, 2013 8:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1152
Amensia: The Dark Descent
Silent Hill 2
Slender (original)
 
Nov 11, 2013 12:42 PM
Chu2Byo

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1743
Haunted Memories
http://store.steampowered.com/app/241640/?snr=1_7_15__13

and I played all the FEAR games on Xbox and they were pretty good too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.E.A.R._(series)
 
Nov 11, 2013 12:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 23590
Amnesia: The Dark Descent was probably the scariest for me.
 
Nov 11, 2013 6:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
for me its Fatal Frame is scarier than Amnesia: The Dark Descent...

so its Fatal Frame....
 
Top
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]