Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 1, 2009 4:34 AM

Jul 2008
Its about time for the fight to begin. It's annoying to see Touma just rushing to fight Accelerator. I mean, his only power is to block his powers. I don't see how he can win, but of course he will. They always manage to somehow defy logic.
Oct 6, 2009 1:18 AM

Jul 2009
Wonder what will Touma do..i don't see any way to defeat Accelerator
Oct 9, 2009 10:27 AM

Jul 2009
Laevantein said:
Wonder what will Touma do..i don't see any way to defeat Accelerator
Well technically it's very easy, Touma only needs to hug him =P

That way Accelerators power will be rendered useless and it will more or less come down to an ordinary wrestling match between to school boys.
Which he at least stand a good chance of winning.

The bathhouse scene with Komoe further explaining espers was pure win, love the part when all three put the hands on their hips and chugged that coffee milk xD
EternalDreamerOct 9, 2009 10:34 AM
Oct 23, 2009 5:28 PM

May 2009
All the talking in this anime makes it kinda slow but it does have some nice fights.
Jan 18, 2010 4:42 PM

Aug 2009
Okay, I'm fucking wondering how Touma dodged all those metals from Accelarator. Touma was like a fucking ninja back there. Heck, he dodged every projectile and that powerful kick from Accelerator, and his condition was still bad because of Mikoto.

I think that sister Misaka is starting to gain emotions. He's falling for Touma since he tried to save her, lol. Anyways, that scene between Mikoto and Touma on the bridge was kinda touching. Mikoto cares for Touma since she didn't leave him there.

I wonder what's going to happen. Don't tell me Touma survived that explosion in the end. If he did, he's a one heck of an esper.
Apr 21, 2010 5:21 AM

Aug 2008
Accelerator is mad crazy. I really wonder how Touma is going to defeat him like this.
Sometimes I think Touma has a death wish. He's too reckless.
Aug 16, 2010 5:30 PM
Jul 2010
I feel like Accelerator is in the wrong show. He should be in a different show where he can fight someone closer to his power level. But then, in any other show he would probably be totally undefeatable, so... yeah.
Oct 6, 2010 10:04 AM

Nov 2009
Accelerator is crazy but his powers are incredible. I wonder how Touma is going to beat him? Great episode and cliffhanger.
Dec 17, 2010 6:04 AM

Sep 2008
Hydrazoid said:
Its disappointing to see Index and the vampire killer out of this arc. They are the lead, especially Index, but there is barely any presence of her in several episodes already.

Yeah... I had started thinking this a few episodes back. But, then again, Touma's the real protagonist... I just thought that Index would have a bigger role because, I mean, the series title has her name in it. XD

Either way, I did really enjoy the episode, though I don't see (at least at this point in time) how Touma will beat Accelerator. I hope he actually initiated the... "fight" (if you can call it that, since, like Misaka said, most "battles" to Accelerator are more like one-way, surefire roads to death) with some sort of battle scheme in mind...
merle_noirDec 17, 2010 6:14 AM
Jan 15, 2011 4:09 PM

Aug 2010
How the fuck is Touma still a LEVEL 0? Jeeeeezuuuussss.

And holy shit, Accelerator is one overpowered son of a gun.
Jan 21, 2011 3:31 PM

Apr 2009
Wow what an ingenious use for a weapon and the wheat flour bomb/dust explosion is real too! O_o At least I learned something new today... :D
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 5, 2011 7:43 PM

Oct 2010
lol this is might just be the biggest harem ever with like 10k+:1 ratio
huh?
Feb 23, 2011 11:19 AM

Jul 2010
Evil Accelerator is evil. O_O

Hopefully Touma will stop running away and actually figure something out next episode.

Apr 15, 2011 7:07 AM
Jul 2010
Accelerator's power is amazing. Controlling vectors is just purely awesome. I don't think Touma really knew what he was getting into but he sure has a chance as long as he's able to make physical contact. Since Accelerator seems to be physically weak, if Touma can render his powers useless with his amazing right hand, he has a shot. I just don't know how he'll survive the dust explosion. Yet again, I have no idea how he survived the shocks from Misaka last episode...
May 28, 2011 11:48 PM

Jul 2010
OftheFlesh said:
cyruz said:
Really nice episode. Loved the looked of Accelerator's face when Touma slapped his hand away. Can't wait to see how this battle turns out.

He could have punched him or something when Accelerator was still at wtf mode but he just stared at him 0_0 and also Accelerator's arm raising has to stop ( especially the second time he stomped the ground) it's redundant and he looks awkward doing that.

that excalty wat i was thinking. i know both were in shock mode, but if i was him i would have taken that opportunity and punch him. he would be able to deflect becuz the imagine most likely will stop him.

Jun 7, 2011 7:55 AM

Aug 2010
Forgive my pervertness, but I think Touma is dreaming of making love with 10k+ clones XD Is he blind or something, why did he tell that a clone is unique? How can't he get such easy things in this high-tech world? Perharps he missed some classes in bilology/physics or something of this kind.
Accelerator is so nice! I was going to drop this show, but damned cliffhanger and Accelerator's pretty mad face made me continue watching...

Go, Accelerator, go!
I think he should use only distant attacks, Touma won't be able to dodge ANY TIME.
Aug 4, 2011 12:10 PM

Oct 2009
The weakest of the academy vs. the strongest of the academy!
really funny when Accelerator was like, "haah"? when he came into contact with Touma.
Aug 16, 2011 12:16 AM

Apr 2011
Accelerator is one sick fuck ... I love it :D He's killed the same girl a LOT of times ... how is that even possible? He must be killing them off a dozen or so a night. I'd think it would get boring, killing the same person over and over and over just in the hope that you might level up off of it. But then, I just described a typical RPG grind X_X

5/5, one of the best so far. On to the fight!
Mar 10, 2012 1:26 PM

Jul 2011
Wait so that "alchemist" was just a superpowered esper then?

Also, talk about overpowered damn accelerator. looks to be an exciting battle though.
Jul 30, 2012 10:28 PM

Apr 2012
I laughed when Touma slapped Accelerator's hand away - they both looked pretty shocked about it but Accelerator's reaction was the best.

Also, when Accelerator started laughing crazily at the end he really sounded like Nizuma Eiji from Bakuman then. I half expected him to start shouting something like "Let's Hospital!".

JohnGalt89Jul 30, 2012 10:42 PM
Aug 19, 2012 10:21 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Touma's right hand doesn't protect him against physical stuff. And Accelerator is tossing stuff at him. How's he gonna get Accelerator without any offensive power? Don't think Touma can even get "close" to Accelerator to punch him. Now might be a good time to enter Index o.O. Yeah!!! enter that magic stuff would be nice to fight that crazy esper power...Maybe Index can pull something from the 103000 grimoires or Stiyl suddenly come to help! Looks pretty hopeless at the moment, don't be a FAIL hero Touma! >,<
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 30, 2012 12:18 PM

Sep 2012
Loved this fight and accelerator has a crazy laugh; him getting slapped and then getting mad was funny, like its the first time he's been slapped mwuahaha
Jan 31, 2013 10:55 AM

May 2012
Oh boy that was nice the talk with the girls at the beginning was rather fun switching massage seat every time they answer :p

And the first start of the fight was epic, lets see what the end will be like!
Apr 17, 2013 1:30 PM

Nov 2011
5/5...!!

Finally after a lot of chatter starts the waltz between Touma and Accelerator, the designs are always a bit rough as the animations, but the narrative after the parenthesis fun of public toilets with the teacher, becomes intriguing, I want to see the beatings and blood! ^^"
Jun 9, 2013 3:28 AM

Dec 2010
A nice episode here. I couldn't restrain myself from laughing with voice when Touma slapped Accelerator's hand, ahahahahaha.

Darn thеse cliffhangers.
Jul 2, 2013 1:58 PM

May 2013
No time to rate or discuss see you at ep 14 discussion
Nov 28, 2013 2:52 AM

Nov 2012
damn accelerator is really badass guy..
but.. oh boy he got beated by touma by punch? I see he is not good on fighting :o
Nov 29, 2013 8:40 PM
Aug 2013
that laugh
Dec 12, 2013 4:49 PM

Jan 2013
makarov52 said:
damn accelerator is really badass guy..

nroa said:
that laugh
These :D
Man is he strong, I wonder how he will be defeated. Probably will have to flee for some reason.

I also feel like I'm watching 2 anime's at the same time, the first few episodes with more magic and the last few episodes with no memory and less magic.
Amazing anime :), this could have influenced me quite a lot in what and whom I would like now, if I would have seen it back when it aired.
Jan 14, 2014 8:07 AM
Apr 2013
For all the show's faults, it's reasonably good entertainment ^^
Feb 23, 2014 4:40 PM

Aug 2013
could Toma's girl slap, be any more funny ...

clone 10032 has a little crush on our hero too
Apr 18, 2014 2:16 PM
Dec 2011
Interesting episode. I liked his reaction when this power was deflected.
Jul 25, 2014 8:01 PM

Aug 2013
Okay, Accelerator is way too OP xD
He's literally invincible. His only flaw would be Touma power, but Touma power have so much flaw that it's easy to exploit. That vector thing... It make him able to do almost everything. He could even teleport like Misaka imouto by using some crazy vector.

How can he have survived that explosion? It's impossible to get out of it without some serious burn.

Misaka will probably soon enter the fight, along with the cat who probably hold some ultimate power... dun dun dun...

Pretty weird how the sensei explained esper power. It sounded exactly as what the alchemist was doing. So was the alchemist doing a unstable form of esper power?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 26, 2014 3:37 AM

Aug 2009
minouneetzoe said:
Okay, Accelerator is way too OP xD
He's literally invincible. His only flaw would be Touma power, but Touma power have so much flaw that it's easy to exploit. That vector thing... It make him able to do almost everything. He could even teleport like Misaka imouto by using some crazy vector.

How can he have survived that explosion? It's impossible to get out of it without some serious burn.

Misaka will probably soon enter the fight, along with the cat who probably hold some ultimate power... dun dun dun...

Pretty weird how the sensei explained esper power. It sounded exactly as what the alchemist was doing. So was the alchemist doing a unstable form of esper power?

Adaptation decay.
Touam isnt IN the explosion.

No.An esper can change reality even down to the laws.Alchemy cant change laws.
If Izzard was using an esper power he would die.
Aug 15, 2014 1:32 PM

Dec 2013
Omg dat laugh xDDD I won't be able to sleep.
Aug 26, 2014 4:00 PM

May 2014
He's gonna get his ass hande to him hahaha. Looks like Misaka will be the hero this time.
Sep 6, 2014 8:32 PM

Nov 2013
Accelerator is the very essence of love and life.

Sep 7, 2014 7:48 AM

Jan 2012
best fucking laugh...

laughable and predictable ep though...

brb white hair dude is gonna get knocked out by this 'lvl 0' dude with right hand that can dispel lvl 9000 moves

strong fail logic
Nov 24, 2015 10:24 PM

Mar 2014
Head-on static charge .
The level to defeat .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2015 2:39 PM
Feb 2015
Oh god that laugh was fucking terrible
Dec 28, 2015 9:30 PM

Mar 2015
Komoe explanation of how espers were born was very interesting.

I see so Misaka clone will level up every time she were killed, huh? That method will surely reach to Level 6.

Awesome maniacal crazy psycho laugh by Accelerator at the end.
Feb 20, 2016 3:11 PM

Mar 2015
That loli sensei is becoming a walking guidebook.

Also Aisa and Index rivalry adding sensei to the mix while Touma is saving MISAKA 10032. Oh God... I really like her clone, and her main. God damn. I want to have that 9968 Misaka harem.

Aug 24, 2016 12:44 AM

Dec 2013
Accelerator is pretty much unbeatable to anyone who isn't Touma
Dec 3, 2016 3:46 PM

Jun 2013
The confrontation with Accelerator was kinda cool. The conversation between him and the MISAKA clone seems pretty pointless to me. Not because of the MISAKA, but because it revealed nothing about Accelerator, except that he's a psychopath. How compelling. Also, one would think the MISAKA clones would have asked him these questions before.

What the hell is a level? What definitions does the Board use when assigning people a level? I think this would be more important than the things the teacher explained in the bath. I appreciate the world building but these priorities are strange to me. Also, what is it the point of making Accelerator reaching the impossible level 6? Sure, the "Shadow Council" is curious, but what else would be gained? If there's no real explanation beyond the "lulz", I'll be pretty dismayed. A mad scientist doing bad things for no good reason is just an empty cliche.

This arc has the potential for contemplating some good questions, even if those questions have been asked by other works before, anime or not. For example: how would a group of clones with a hivemind-like consciousness think, learn or feel? What would determine the value of a human clone?

Unfortunately, so far I'm not really getting the impression that the creator or creators meant to explore the topic of clones and identity, rather that they just included the clones for the rule of cool.
Mar 23, 2017 5:32 AM

Aug 2013
Komoe sensei still cute I see.. Accelerator is too op after all.
Nov 14, 2017 10:13 AM

Apr 2013
So we have the "I will kill everyone" bad guy vs the "I will save everyone" good guy... doesn't get more cliche than this, folks.
Mar 18, 2018 11:48 AM

Sep 2017
I'm liking this at the moment. Nothing so far in the Index series has done much to change the bias I have towards Misaka after watching Railgun first. Index is interesting and half cute/half annoying. Aisa I like a lot, but she's not been developed enough to be a great character. Sensei is pretty cool, but very much a side character.

So half way in to this Misaka is still the protagonist in my head. Touma's lack of forethought, planning, and tactics etc are a little annoying still. He seems to base everything on "I'll do this because it just has to be done". Stubbornness and determination help for sure, but no amount of needing and wanting something to be possible will magically make it easy. However I am at the stage now where I'm at least rooting for him and wanting him to succeed. I just hope he comes up with some decent tactics for beating accelerator rather than getting through on luck and BS like he did with saving Index and beating the alchemist.

Also for a clone 10032 has some personality, she's quite adorable
Apr 19, 2018 11:42 AM

Sep 2017
Like Accelerator vs Touma. I also like Accelerator's motives. He may be evil, but he is cool. He is quite knowledgeable too. Touma should have died. Man, Accelerator's laugh. Also the ost.

Now I understand more about espers than Railgun ever taught me. Thanks loli sensei.

Also, that gay moment between Touma and Accelerator.(Watch Toaru Majitsu no Index-tan for more details).

BTW, you should really finish the Railgun and Railgun S series till this point before watching this episode. Index is not always that simple.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 18, 2018 7:24 PM
Jun 2014
Touma's worthlessness is not changing anytime soon i see. Went in like a badass with absolutely no plan in that peanut sized brain, ran like a scared mouse by the end.
Oct 28, 2018 12:09 PM

Dec 2014
the battle starts hmmm this looks more and more relatable.... in a sense
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Apr 15, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AkariChan - Feb 5, 2009

155 by 8iman »»
Jan 14, 3:53 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

205 by DebiPS »»
Jan 11, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.