Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 10, 2013 6:05 AM

Jun 2012
...no. Being nice is a positive personality trait. I hate bitches. If someone is nice, I can usually have a pleasant conversation with them. If someone is a bitch, then it's usually just them screaming and me cracking smartass comments. Not healthy. I think Hikki is a great MC, but I don't share his views.
May 10, 2013 6:07 AM

Mar 2012
Waruineko said:
Shouldn't we be nice to everyone?

No. The only proper human interaction is to hiss at them while they pass you by.
Let's go bowling.
May 10, 2013 6:16 AM
Oct 2011
I really relate to Hikki's words - hahaha, I even posted them as a Facebook status.

But it's weird the way I related to them, because actually I feel like I'm one of the "nice girls" that Hikki speaks of. It made me see a lot of despicable traits I see in myself that all the good intentions in the world wouldn't be able to fix.

When someone confessed to me, I told her "I just want to be friends." And then gradually I just stopped talking to her. Just like what happened to Hikki! It just felt too awkward for me to keep talking to that person regularly. Now I think I realise how much that hurts the other person. When someone you were nice to out of simple kindness starts expecting more from you, it feels like a burden to you, but it's infinitely harder on the other person. It's tough. Poor, poor Hikki. I wish he had found someone who returned his feelings.
May 10, 2013 6:36 AM

Feb 2013
Waruineko said:

As I've said countless times, I don't agree with being nice to everyone, even if it's for a greater good. There are pathetic creatures like me, who will get the wrong idea and both parties will be hurt in the end.

Being nice to everyone is the same problem as being rude towards everyone, it's just a facade. There is no way you can be friendly with everyone and there sure is someone you dislike, so pretending to be nice to someone you don't truly feel like being nice to is as wrong as directly and impolitely telling them to get away from you.
May 10, 2013 6:40 AM

Oct 2012
Well, I agree with Hachiman because of his reasons!!
If someone nice to you just because he/she had a debt or pitying you it's almost he/she lied to you.. It's called false hope?
So, niceness is lie..Anyway Hachiman is experienced XD

Waruineko said:

I agree with you^^
But it's not the topic I guess?
"Signature removed"
May 10, 2013 6:59 AM

Sep 2011
Have you ever felt this way?

Nope. It's one's fault that they're increasing their own expectations.

Even though I admit I got friendzoned once or twice, I never thought of hating nice girls.

May 10, 2013 7:27 AM
Jun 2008
Some how, I felt bad for those who work hard to be nice to everyone yet called as hypocrite.
I do not really know how to explain(even if I do explain, people won't listen anyway), but I know something just doesn't sound right.

Have hope guys, that is the reason why we are born for ...
MorningGloryMay 10, 2013 7:45 AM
May 10, 2013 7:47 AM

May 2010
Somewhat.....
May 10, 2013 12:12 PM

Mar 2012
Ascius said:
Waruineko said:

Being nice to everyone is the same problem as being rude towards everyone, it's just a facade. There is no way you can be friendly with everyone and there sure is someone you dislike, so pretending to be nice to someone you don't truly feel like being nice to is as wrong as directly and impolitely telling them to get away from you.

No it isn't. Putting on a facade of politeness and kindness isn't wrong, it's actually always the right thing to do. If someone takes it the wrong way, it's their fault. Being impolite is wrong because it exposes a truth about your feelings, feelings that should change. Being polite, even when it's not how you "really" feel, is choosing to ignore the wrong feeling (of being an asshole). Not comparable at all.
Let's go bowling.
May 10, 2013 12:33 PM

Feb 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:

Being impolite is wrong because it exposes a truth about your feelings, feelings that shouldchange . Being polite, even when it's not how you "really" feel, is choosing to ignore the wrong feeling (of being an asshole). Not comparable at all.

So basically you are saying that deception is justifiable, because you get not to look like an asshole? Well I better be an asshole than pretend to be friendly with someone I don't want to be around me.

I'd like people to do the same, if they hate me or dislike me for one reason or another, good, it's perfectly normal. That person can ignore me, or tell me it to my face, call me whatever, chances are I've been called pretty much anything so I couldn't care anymore, but it will be worked out and we can never see each others face again. If someone dislikes me, I don't want them to circle around me for some reason or another, I don't want friends or anything, I couldn't care less if they are nice or polite to me, so whats the reason? It's all for their own sake then or what?
May 10, 2013 12:46 PM

Mar 2012
Ascius said:
StopDropAndBowl said:

Being impolite is wrong because it exposes a truth about your feelings, feelings that shouldchange . Being polite, even when it's not how you "really" feel, is choosing to ignore the wrong feeling (of being an asshole). Not comparable at all.

So basically you are saying that deception is justifiable, because you get not to look like an asshole? Well I better be an asshole than pretend to be friendly with someone I don't want to be around me.

I'd like people to do the same, if they hate me or dislike me for one reason or another, good, it's perfectly normal. That person can ignore me, or tell me it to my face, call me whatever, chances are I've been called pretty much anything so I couldn't care anymore, but it will be worked out and we can never see each others face again. If someone dislikes me, I don't want them to circle around me for some reason or another, I don't want friends or anything, I couldn't care less if they are nice or polite to me, so whats the reason? It's all for their own sake then or what?

You're mistaking honesty for rudeness. You can be completely honest without being rude, and even if you don't feel like being polite, it is always the right thing to do. Being polite doesn't mean jumping at every chance to be with a person or going out of your way to talk to them, it just means you don't act rudely toward them. And yes, deception is okay when the alternative is being an asshole. Ideally, no one would have any rude feelings whatsoever, but this isn't utopia, and we're all humans. Sometimes you can't help the way you feel, but that doesn't mean that this gives you the right to be a dick whenever you're in a bad mood or just because life took a shit in your cereal that morning. The right thing to do is buck up, put your grown-up pants on, and deal with it. Nobody else should have to deal with you're little problems or drama.

I work with a couple people who I can't stand on a personal level. I would never hang out with them, ever. I would do quite a bit to avoid ever meeting up with them in any situation outside of work. But when I work with them I put those feelings aside and I act politely. I say please when I need them to do something, I say thank you when they do it, and if they make small talk, I make small talk back. It's probably the biggest part of what makes someone an adult: being able to swallow their feelings, even if they don't want to. Being unable to do so is childish at best.

If you don't want friends, and you don't want politeness and kindness, tough shit. The world doesn't need to revolve around you; in fact, a large part of growing up is learning that most of the time you need to revolve around the world with a smile on your face and a good-natured attitude, whether you like it or not. There is a good reason why social conventions exist, and whether or not we enjoy being a part of them or even think they should exist is irrelevant.
Let's go bowling.
May 10, 2013 12:58 PM

Feb 2010
StopDropAndBowl said:
Ascius said:
Waruineko said:

No it isn't. Putting on a facade of politeness and kindness isn't wrong, it's actually always the right thing to do. If someone takes it the wrong way, it's their fault. Being impolite is wrong because it exposes a truth about your feelings, feelings that should change. Being polite, even when it's not how you "really" feel, is choosing to ignore the wrong feeling (of being an asshole). Not comparable at all.

So being truthful is wrong and falsehood is right?

No, not at all. Lack of honestly is one of the reasons why people are so shit.
May 10, 2013 1:25 PM

Mar 2012
Vanisher said:

So being truthful is wrong and falsehood is right?

No, not at all. Lack of honestly is one of the reasons why people are so shit.

If the truth is that you feel like throwing a tantrum (acting impolitely for whatever reason), than yes, being truthful about your feelings is wrong. Covering up those feelings is right. Why should I have to deal with someone being rude to me? I don't care if they have some great reason to be rude. Suck it up. The same goes for other people when I'm in a bad mood, or when I just don't like them. They shouldn't have to deal with my tantrums because I'm not a baby anymore. The time for throwing fits ends when you get out of diapers. Being an adult means being able to feel like crap on the inside but keep a smile on your face on the outside.

The truth is that a lot of times, I hate people. I despise talking to them, I despise being around them, and I despise them for being around me. A lot of times I want to tell them to shut up and leave me alone. But when I do that, I realize that I've done something wrong. I've put my issues on them. I've made them responsible for my feelings when only I should be responsible for them.

A lack of honesty is bad, yes. A lack of tact or self-control is just as bad, and sometimes it's worse. People who feel like they have some special right to let the whole world know how they feel are displaying incredibly childish, selfish behavior. The news-flash of the century: the world doesn't, and shouldn't care about your feelings unless those feelings are positive. If you think someone is an asshole, avoid them. If you can't avoid them, deal with it. If you can't deal with it, then politely ask them to adjust their attitude. If they don't... deal with it or walk away. Being impolite back is what little kids who don't know any better do.
Let's go bowling.
May 11, 2013 5:18 PM

Jun 2007
Having read through most of the previous page, I felt this needs clarifying: it isn't wrong for a female to be nice to a male, with no romantic intentions. Equally, it isn't wrong for a male to feel hurt when they misinterpret a female being friendly as being something more. It's simply a shitty situation to find yourself in, whichever end you're on, but particularly if the male in question isn't the outgoing sort. For example, I mentioned Onani Master in my previous post and the girl had no malicious intent... and yet, the male lead still ended up hurt so much that readers could genuinely feel for him and understand why he wanted revenge. It's just one of those things. Puberty separates the boys from the girls naturally because of these types of situations arising once gender becomes an issue.

About natural arseholism vs. natural kindness, this debate reminds me of a largely unimportant aspect of a film called Slimido. In it criminals were placed on an island and given military training. One of the military trainers was a hardarse; being dickish to the extent he ripped up the picture of one guy's mother in front of him. Another, younger trainer was kind and friendly towards the prisoners. But, once the situation became do-or-die over killing the criminals or being killed themselves if they didn't, the nice, friendly guy was quick to decide that they should kill the criminals... where as the dickish trainer argued against killing them and got seriously angry over how happy the nice guy was to go along with a plan to kill people they'd known for over a year or two.

The point is, if someone is an arsehole, there's no two ways about it: they are how they act. All you'd get from being dickishly honest about your feelings is dislike. But if someone is only ever nice, never going against the flow, then they're more than likely trying to avoid confrontation. Red Keys' made a post or two about this, using himself as an example. It's far easier to be friendly to people than it is to be honest.
May 11, 2013 10:57 PM

Nov 2012
I'm not someone who can easily say I hate a person... though it goes that way to for love.

I say I can relate, but not so.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
May 12, 2013 12:49 AM

Dec 2011
I'm one of these "nice guys" there. Only recently I said something like "you're trash, no one cares about you, even your friends", and was only one time.

I was always like this, but my mindset don't allow me to make such a illusion to any person. I already hurted a lot of people alredy, I think.

Sorry for my grammar.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2013 10:06 PM

Jul 2012
Hachiman is basically the guy I always wanted to be... Honest with my feelings, not belonging to the "in" crowd, and many other things. In middle school, I was the goody two-shoes, who was nice to everyone. Only when I entered my 3rd year, that I learned to become more true to my heart. I would pass off hints to people I don't like that I don't want to be with them or need their sympathy. I would become more unsociable, little by little. (In my freshman high school year, I didn't make friends until a few months in, like Hachiman. I know... it's sad.) The only reason why so many girls would talk to me was because of how I look like a complete loner (I have dead fish eyes like Hachiman...). I feel more hurt from their kindness than I did, feeling happy. Right now, I'm being more honest with myself and telling people I don't want to be with, that I don't want to have anything to do with them. Hachiman right now is one of my favorite characters of the season and of all the animes I've seen so far. His attitude and personality is what I've always wanted to be and starting to become. Honestly, this anime is practically bringing out my true feelings. So basically, I completely agree with the monologue.
May 17, 2013 3:22 PM
Jan 2011
I can't stand people who are fake nice. I tend to rip them apart. Of course I don't pretend to be nice or lie. If there is something I don't like about someone I will either tell them or won't bother saying anything.But I won't sit around and pretend to be nice.I've never ended up in the friendzone or any nonsense like that. If I wanted to go out with someone or have sex with them. I'm not going to try to be their friend which is what some of you guys probably did. You should let them know your intentions off the bat. If they turn you down then move on and if she asks if you both can just be friends. Turn her down. Don't be pathetic and keep hoping that she will change her mind while she bangs one guy after another and tells you about her relationship problems. I don't know why some guys subject themselves to that.

Reminds me of a friend from high school I had that asked out this girl and was turned down so he tried to be her friend. Bottling his anger with her when she goes out with other guys while acting as her friend.We were hanging out and he told me this girl was asking about dating me and then he just went on a rant about how this chick kept ignoring him and going for all these guys.I told him to calm down and move on. There are millions of women in this world. Why would you obsess over one?Of course to be fair it isn't just girls that do this but guys also.
xsilicon9May 17, 2013 3:38 PM
May 17, 2013 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
xsilicon9 said:
I can't stand people who are fake nice. I tend to rip them apart. Of course I don't pretend to be nice or lie. If there is something I don't like about someone I will either tell them or won't bother saying anything.But I won't sit around and pretend to be nice.I've never ended up in the friendzone or any nonsense like that. If I wanted to go out with someone or have sex with them. I'm not going to try to be their friend which is what some of you guys probably did. You should let them know your intentions off the bat. If they turn you down then move on and if she asks if you both can just be friends. Turn her down. Don't be pathetic and keep hoping that she will change her mind while she bangs one guy after another and tells you about her relationship problems. I don't know why some guys subject themselves to that.

Reminds me of a friend from high school I had that asked out this girl and was turned down so he tried to be her friend. Bottling his anger with her when she goes out with other guys while acting as her friend.We were hanging out and he told me this girl was asking about dating me and then he just went on a rant about how this chick kept ignoring him and going for all these guys.I told him to calm down and move on. There are millions of women in this world. Why would you obsess over one?Of course to be fair it isn't just girls that do this but guys also.

Judging from your text, you and your friend are two completely different types of people in this regard, with completely different ways of thinking. There is no point in trying to push your ideals onto him. He wouldn't be able to act the way you do just as you cannot understand the way he behaved.
May 18, 2013 10:56 AM

Apr 2008
xsilicon9 said:
If they turn you down then move on and if she asks if you both can just be friends. Turn her down. Don't be pathetic and keep hoping that she will change her mind while she bangs one guy after another and tells you about her relationship problems.

Oh, do share. How would you turn someone like that down? If someone asks you:
- 'But we can still be friends, right?'
Would you say no to that? You can't just say no to that, because if you do, your plight would be unveiled as something hollow. After all, how can you want to be in a relationship with someone you don't even want to be friends with? You can't.
I can imagine saying yes and then just avoiding her --that seems to be the standard practice-- but outright saying no? Whatever will she think? Don't you ever think about that?

Not criticizing just curious.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
May 18, 2013 11:31 AM

Jan 2013
Remus_Lupa said:
If someone asks you:
- 'But we can still be friends, right?'
Would you say no to that? You can't just say no to that, because if you do, your plight would be unveiled as something hollow. After all, how can you want to be in a relationship with someone you don't even want to be friends with? You can't.
I can imagine saying yes and then just avoiding her --that seems to be the standard practice-- but outright saying no? Whatever will she think? Don't you ever think about that?

Not criticizing just curious.

You can and should say no to still being friends. To get to the situation where you believe that a woman is interested in you romantically and she believes it is just platonic means that the friendship went off the rails somewhere in the past, and that there has been a longstanding misunderstanding. You are not even really in a friendship at that point: you were in what you thought was a budding romance with the person you thought she was, and she was in what she thought was a friendship with the person she thought you were. Continuing from that is purely masochism.

The proper way to handle it is to be honest. Say something to the effect of "No, I can't be your friend. Not right now. Maybe at some point in the future, if I can stop seeing you as the girl I wanted to date. Otherwise, you'll make me miserable without knowing it and I'll end up saying something hurtful, and it would all be over anyway. You are a really good person, and I enjoyed our time together, but we want different things."
May 18, 2013 6:27 PM
Mar 2012
it all boils down to his past... i mean what is the root of this??

it is because he is a LONER... and his experience of a female turned down his feelings precipitated in this kind of thinking.. the people who answered "definitely" probably faces the same situation as hachiman...

to all you guys.. do not follow this kind of guy(hachiman)... sure it sounds cool...

BUT reality is reality.... you need a social life.. how can you converse, grow and enjoy your life... lol
May 18, 2013 10:41 PM
Jan 2013
superhawk said:
it all boils down to his past... i mean what is the root of this??

it is because he is a LONER... and his experience of a female turned down his feelings precipitated in this kind of thinking.. the people who answered "definitely" probably faces the same situation as hachiman...

to all you guys.. do not follow this kind of guy(hachiman)... sure it sounds cool...

BUT reality is reality.... you need a social life.. how can you converse, grow and enjoy your life... lol
Hell no. You can live on without having friends - and it is nothing embarrassing about it. There are people who think social life is nothing more than bothersome and forcing social life to them is just shitty intention.

May 18, 2013 11:56 PM

Jan 2013
Kitchiri said:
Hell no. You can live on without having friends - and it is nothing embarrassing about it. There are people who think social life is nothing more than bothersome and forcing social life to them is just shitty intention.

Hell no. A life of complete loneliness is worse than hell.
It's one thing if you only keep the select few friends that you already have and don't make an effort of making new ones(my standard), but neither having any nor trying to make any is a whole different matter. Eventually, you'd feel like dying...
May 19, 2013 6:17 AM

Jan 2011
Naoki-Saten said:
Kitchiri said:

Hell no. A life of complete loneliness is worse than hell.
It's one thing if you only keep the select few friends that you already have and don't make an effort of making new ones(my standard), but neither having any nor trying to make any is a whole different matter. Eventually, you'd feel like dying...

I blame the stupid sheep-instinct that exists in every human!
And "friend-zone" = "herd of sheep".
Those who override their sheep-instinct are instantly "different".
/society
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 20, 2013 11:14 AM
May 2008
I'm sorta a nice guy..Like if I always become close to people and am very friendly with people in person for a short while..Even if you're fat and unattractive.. I'll treat you like anyone else. I'll listen to the person's problems and become that person's temporary friend.

But for some reason my own niceness affects me more than anyone else..I don't really have any close friends or anyone that sticks with me..I'm bothered by that I'd love a "lets hang out" type of text or phone call every day.. I don't get that at all.. I spend my days in solitude..Most of the time against my own will.

Recently I met a nice girl. I think..Also the past week she has ignored my text messages for some reason.. The few things which made me crush on her were as follows:

She used to text me in paragraphs, and she was the one who gave me her number without me even asking..I wanted to ask.. but she offered it and wrote it down for me..

She works at Starbucks, I go over to her work around lunch time every few days and she always treats me with free drinks/free food. I asked her "wow do you do this for everyone" she fumbled with saying, "no no, I only do it for close friends", etc, and saying "people I love" at the end.

She's nice to her customers, and when they see us eating lunch together they make remarks about me being her boyfriend. Also her brother came by and had this weird smirk like "who is this guy" on his face when I met him..

Last the killer.. I took her on a pseudo-date, and at the end she gave me a peck on a cheek and said she had a great time..Well I'll clarify this part.. she wants to be an actress/model.. it was a film festival I brought her to where she spent much of the time being her nice flirty self to older men also giving out her number to whoever wanted it.
differentMay 20, 2013 11:48 AM
May 20, 2013 1:54 PM

Jun 2008
I disagree with this and am amazed so many people have a problem with nice girls. WTF, if you are too thick to realize the obvious is not the girls fault.
How hopeless are you people that you actually don't care about girls being bitches because you won't talk to them anyway so it's better if they don't seem nice and give you silly hopes by looking at them.
Why would i want a bitch that responds with some obnoxious insulting comment when i ask her out or ask for her number? A nice girl can still deny you but not being an annoying snotty bitch.
May 20, 2013 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
Monad said:
I disagree with this and am amazed so many people have a problem with nice girls. WTF, if you are too thick to realize the obvious is not the girls fault.
How hopeless are you people that you actually don't care about girls being bitches because you won't talk to them anyway so it's better if they don't seem nice and give you silly hopes by looking at them.
Why would i want a bitch that responds with some obnoxious insulting comment when i ask her out or ask for her number? A nice girl can still deny you but not being an annoying snotty bitch.

Is that the impression you get from this topic? I won't re-read all of it, but I actually got the impression that most people here don't actually hate nice girls. Just that they are a bit hard to deal with - due to our own shortcomings. And we even have a few representatives of the nice bunch themselves here, which is quite a contribution to the topic.

And then... you're talking about extremes - either 'nice' or 'annoying, snotty bitch'. Black and white. But there's a big gray ocean in-between. So if people say that nice girls are tough to have around, it doesn't mean they favor the opposite of that - namely unfriendly bitches who insult them.

It's just that false hope brings pain to some people.
Naoki-SatenMay 20, 2013 2:39 PM
May 22, 2013 7:09 AM

Nov 2010
Naoki-Saten said:
"Not really"

Being a loner myself, I can relate to Hikigaya's monologue.
However, I myself do not hate nice girls. Being nice is part of some people's personality. Having as many friends as possible is a rather natural desire, especially among girls. Heck, I had classmates for who, flirting was part of an everyday conversation. I doubt they noticed that themselves. There is no malice there, therefore I have no reason to feel hatred. Of course, it's hard for me to be around those people and it gets really awkward if they are extremely friendly. Once again, that's not something I would hate them over, even though I'm totally incompatible with them.

Hikigaya's problem is that he easily gets the wrong idea if girls act friendly towards him. Being a pessimist, I have already lost the ability to get the wrong Idea, so friendly types don't bother me as much as they do him. Also, I have not been 'bitten' the way Hikigaya was, so maybe my opinion would be different if I suffered the same way he did.

What I hate are hypocrites. The types who act all friendly around pretty much anyone even though they don't care about half of them and hate the guts of the other half. Those people who merely put on an act in order to be popular or to be the center of attention really do piss me off.

^ What this man said.

I could detect hypocrites pretty fast, so it didn't take a long time to differentiate them.
May 24, 2013 9:56 PM

Oct 2011
The less friends you have, the less enemies you will have.
May 29, 2013 7:37 AM

Jan 2011
had been experiencing this kind of situation like since 5 years ago.. and stopped caring. experienced a lot of hate and depression, eventually i just lost all my self confidence to interact with people.. hachiman is at least lucky that he's surrounded by tht much of people who are willing to share that 'kindness' to him..
i just ended up being a hateful(pessimist?) person

そう、熊がなりたいっだ
May 31, 2013 5:58 AM

Dec 2007
You people just don't get it, do you?

You need to carve Hachiman's teachings into your mind, make them your mantra and you're going to be fine. Along with Keima's words of wisdom. Everytime someone is nice to you, just say to yourself "I hate nice girls because they're nice, 3D is just a shitty game..." <- just like that. After a while you will develop your own pair of rotten eyes and you will be able to see the reality for what it really is.

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
May 31, 2013 6:52 AM

Jan 2013
I think people are taking it too literally. Yui is a nice girl, and Hachiman doesn't hate her.

Hachiman hates the concept of nice girls, and not because they are nice to everyone. He hates them because he is weak against them. It is easy to forget that they are just generally nice rather than specifically nice to you, and so it is easy to misunderstand their intentions. In short, you deceive yourself. For someone like Hachiman, self-deception is the worst.
Jun 3, 2013 5:22 AM

Feb 2013
(◕〝◕) I really don't get it, why do guys seem to interpret it as feelings of affection when a girl is nice to them? If that was the sole basis of affection, per se. Then wouldn't the concept of tsunderes and the such be an invalid format of love, right? What Hachiman's outlook on this topic is a positive sign that some are still not way in over their head, to think that a "nice girl" like them (° д °).

I'm not being condescending or something, it just seem that these days people make these ridiculous assumptions that it makes having a natural girl-guy relationship hard... The fear of being friend-zoned, dumped, etc. are clear examples. The problem really could not be pointed on either party though.
Guys - most are easily suggested(often coupled by self-deceit) to think that the girl nice to them likes them; the minority do not rationalize and is on the same track as hachiman.
Girls - most are nice(lol)... and tolerate misunderstandings; the minority(or not on some cases) avoid men.

If this is the dilemma, the by-product would be most girls should be only friends with girls and guys to guys(HachimanxTotsuka lol). The only entete I could muster would be either living in a basement XD or do not let your imagination go rampant, practice being open to the opposite party to avoid messy outcomes early(Warning A Riaju Solution, my loner one is on the bottom). The answer is rather easy and takes common sense, a sense which is not common, and in the end Hachiman is special and he's awesome. Ironically this anime rid me of my loner part and become my catharsis... blah...blah...blah untara kantara nantoka... love the show

;tldr. what was I thinking?

My Definition of a Nice Girl
Nice - Pleasing and agreeable in nature. + Girl
= If a girl is nice to everyone its an innate disease(...in nature), thus being thinheaded on the guy's part is the key to avoid this... trap?

All Riaju Should Go To Hell (*´ω`*)

>This is how its done... extend the leash between the nice girls and yourself early on. Whence this happen they would not see the need to be nice to you or not get to(mostly not get to do so), but just in case they can due to some forced event... deal with it accordingly like feigning sickness etc., or simply tell them to go die(≥∇≤).
Jun 14, 2013 1:55 AM

Jun 2013
So if guys hate nice girls, then girls should start being cold to them?
Jun 14, 2013 3:37 AM

Jun 2013
miwamilton said:
So if guys hate nice girls, then girls should start being cold to them?

i think it depends on how nice the girl is. if she's too nice, it's abnormal... makes guys wonder, no? . _.
Jun 28, 2013 11:44 PM
Jun 2013
I personally can agree with most of hachiman's way of thinking and thought process towards "nice girls".

I'm a type of person who's an observer. I don't really converse with the people in my classes, or really anyone actually except for one close friend. Though, usually I can tell just by looking and observing actions, the personality of girls, or even people around me. I don't know how it is in other schools or places, but in my school, girls facades or masks of "kindness" are pretty noticeable.

Anyway, I think the concept of "too nice girls" can lead to a one sided mislead situation. Though it is neither of the parties fault, I think girls, or even anyone should keep in mind that how you act puts an impression on others. If you don't really care to be kind to that person, then it would benefit for both sides if you did not approach them. It's like me going up to someone and saying "what's up" but not really caring how they are or even sticking around for them to answer. It hurts to have false hope crushed in front of yourself, just because you were mislead. I know how it feels, and I don't plan on going back to relive it. Though, in the end the whole thing is just a situation worth avoiding.
Jul 4, 2013 5:49 PM

Sep 2009
I'm an nice girl i think but not nice too everybody just, to people that want to talk to me, normaly i'm cold and distance, but i had a lot of guys friends, and i think i didn't put them in friend zone cuz i think they didn' had any feelings for me, well they never say it so, i had one guy that was my friend and we declares to me and i say to him that for me he was just an friend, but he didn't give up so i give him an change, i'm with him about 3 years now, of course i can't be an nice girl to him anymore, but he says that he loves my bad side too.

Nice girls have an bad side too, the only diference is that they only show very rarelly to people but if they show to you is because you are especial and if you like them even with bad side, then they will love you, nice girls are nice to every one cuz they have afraid of being judge and criticize so they try to make every only likes them, nice girls normaly had bad experiences in giving their opinion so they try do agree with every one and don't show they opinion, nice girls normaly are very sensitive with others peoples opinions about their opinion.
Jul 6, 2013 11:12 PM

Jan 2013
People need to stop being Idealistic and learn to understand one's character. That's the only thing that's right. Don't ever try to force yourself to understand them, cause that might be even worse, but you should already know that if you knew them right? But the fact is, you'll never fully understand a person, ever. Depressing? Am I telling you to not even try? Naw, just don't get your hopes up, and let it go. Life goes on.
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
Jul 10, 2013 3:06 AM

Jan 2013
For me, I don't see any reason to hate anybody, including nice girls. Some levels of attraction is unavoidable due to their really nice nature, from my own experience, but I just kept them in check and moved on.

AnimangaGirl said:
I'm an nice girl i think but not nice too everybody just, to people that want to talk to me, normaly i'm cold and distance, but i had a lot of guys friends, and i think i didn't put them in friend zone cuz i think they didn' had any feelings for me, well they never say it so, i had one guy that was my friend and we declares to me and i say to him that for me he was just an friend, but he didn't give up so i give him an change, i'm with him about 3 years now, of course i can't be an nice girl to him anymore, but he says that he loves my bad side too.

Nice girls have an bad side too, the only diference is that they only show very rarelly to people but if they show to you is because you are especial and if you like them even with bad side, then they will love you, nice girls are nice to every one cuz they have afraid of being judge and criticize so they try to make every only likes them, nice girls normaly had bad experiences in giving their opinion so they try do agree with every one and don't show they opinion, nice girls normaly are very sensitive with others peoples opinions about their opinion.

I am afraid for (not "of") nice and easily agreeable girls. I do hope they give more of their opinions and say no more often, especially to activities or events they dislike. I worry that people will take advantage of them, like borrowing money or something worse.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Jul 28, 2013 11:47 PM

Feb 2013
Y'know when I was in high school every girl was something special, really! They were all so good to me, those in the years below and those in the years above, even as I was attending school and girls changed year after year.. Sure there were some that could be a bit cruel at times but hey, who isn't?

Not once did I ever misinterpret or misunderstand any of their feelings or intentions. Maybe I'm just lucky.. No, probably.

Fast forward 4 years!

I was able to meet a very nice girl, probably the kind of girl that everyone in this thread has mentioned. As with all of my friends I went through the motions of having dinner with, seeing movies with etc. A kindness like this I thought was unheard of, I didn't think anything of it but it did make me consider her a better friend.

But then..

Good luck to you all with your endeavors.
Just walk don't run drink juice yum yum!
Jul 29, 2013 3:27 AM

Jan 2011
14394 said:
--- snip ---

Hipster yolo swaggerboy!8676719@(!@&^&!!

I-It's not like I wanted to be the cool kid or anything like that.

(◕ᴥ◕し)
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 30, 2013 7:35 PM

Sep 2008
I don't know what to say...gut feeling is that Hikigaya-san is right. Lol.
I don't think his intention is to blame nice girls for anything though.
It's just a natural inclination to feel happy and then expect more when somebody is nice to us.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jul 30, 2013 7:54 PM

Mar 2012
Wow reading these posts really opened my eyes in several ways.
Aug 10, 2013 12:14 AM

Oct 2012
I dunno. All of my experiences with girls have been rather messy, to say the least.

Then again, I don't care for relationships in the first place. Not worth dating someone during high school, lmfao.
Aug 10, 2013 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
A person like that is definitely gay and masochist.
I luv u
Jan 27, 2014 9:26 PM
Apr 2011
I don't know about hating nice girls, but I am definitely being wary of them. I'm actually in a situation right now where I am not sure if a girl is just being nice to me because of attraction or of just her personality. I'm leaning more towards the former, so I'm thinking about distancing myself away from her. Of course, I could be wrong and lose out, but I could also fall for the trap and get my heart wrenched. This dilemma, more often than not, comes up with the involvement of "nice" girls.

Great thread.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 28, 2014 11:45 AM
Sep 2011
Just so you know, there is no way you can act that wont hurt somebody. If were a nice girl and it ended up hurting someone dont think that changing will stop you from hurting people in the future. Even if you are a complete loner there will be some people who feel their inability to get you to fit in is their failing the same way Hiyama felt so angry at not being able to help that girl at the camp.

As far as impoliteness being childish i think thats a rather narrow view of human behavior. To assume no one cares how you feel is just incorrect. I at least think the world would be terribly boring if everyone was polite and hid all their negative feelings. Although at the same time it doesnt mean you need to be excessive either.

Im certainly a loner, however, i actually like being alone most of the time. Most of what i do is intended to avoid people interacting with me. The amount of thought i put into walking speed and where to look in public so that people wont talk to me is probly scary to a sociable person. I will say though that the people i most enjoy being around are those who let their emotions out even when they shouldnt and get in stupid fights with people over it. Its just refreshingly different.

I was too shy in highschool to ask out girls i wasnt pretty certain would say yes. I will say personally though that its virtually impossible for me to have a platonic friendship with a girl. Iv had female friends that i know i had no chance with but the thought never left my mind. If you are a girl in highschool reading this and you have lots of platonic male friends, know that at least 80% of them want to be more than friends, at least in my experience. It pains me to see girls say "no he doesnt think of me like that", when i know for a fact that the person in question does. Or when they labor under the false impression that a guy cant like some other girl AND you.

To be more on topic, hating nice girls is just cruel. They are only nice because either they think its right or because they are too weak to go against people and havent learned any other ways to interact with people other than kindness. Hating someones weakness itself is ok but hating the person themselves is just cruel.
(placeholder sig)
Apr 9, 2015 12:15 PM
Dec 2014
fuck "nice girls", a girl like Yukinoshita is gem though. Perfect.
Jul 4, 2015 4:10 AM
Apr 2012
Had an event myself, spent some time with a nice girl and got turned down. Never spoke to me ever again. Second time I ticked off another girl for asking advice, I was told I was never that much of a friend to begin with. Their kindness was great for the time it was, I've always blamed myself for trying to take it too far. Being a kid who was bullied for race in elementary school for four years wasn't a great start either. Chuckling to myself I swore an oath never to associate that deeply with women ever again. Ended up being one of those guys who never went to his high school dances either.

Time-skip, now in college. More observant and cautious. Reached out a couple of times to try and make some friends. 3 hour classes every day or half year courses isn't really permanent enough to make friends in I guess. 3 years in and not a single friend made. Just the good ol friends from high school I painstakingly made. I had to cut them off this year because law study got too heavy..... Got a lot of hate inside me, main reason why I decided to do law as well. Never got justice as a kid, but I sure hope the kid I adopt in the future won't share the same anguish.

Hikigaya rang some bells for me. Seeing his desire for something genuine in season 2 really let me see him mature. Hope the light novel ends as sweet as vanilla. Hikigaya was a good model of my past and seeing him act with such an enormous amount of self-control is incredibly respect worthy. Hope you good folk who have suffered a really nasty past can find a way to move forward too. The past is a nice place to visit, but not a place to stay.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.