Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2013 9:51 PM
Jun 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hisoka's face after finding out Kurapika sealed Chrollo's abilities is the embodiment of "...what."
May 28, 2014 2:21 AM

Jun 2009
I like to think this is the face a lot of readers had when they found out what happened to Chrollo. Always liked that scene with Paku and the other Spiders.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 2, 2014 11:49 AM

Aug 2012
lol at Hisoka's face. Once again, loved the chapter. Paku's development in this arc is fantastic and I love the scene were she shoots them the memory. Everything about it, like Nobunaga's line to Phinks, "Trust her. It's Paku."
May 3, 2017 12:00 PM

Nov 2010
Yeah, this chapter is great. Pakunoda has had so much development these last chapters and it's sad to see her go.

Oh, and that ends the Yorknew City Arc I guess. It's not really a clear transition into the next arc but I think it's here.

This arc is truly excellent, one of my favourite arcs of any manga. And for a long time it was also my favourite arc in Hunter x Hunter. It was also with this arc that I truly fell in love with the series, and realised that it was better than the other shounen I was reading at the time.

I like how the arc starts of with Gon and Killua finding out about Greed Island and starting their "hunt" for the game. For them, this arc is mainly about setting up the next one. As I said in a previous chapter thread, it's cool to finally see them actually do what hunters are supposed to do.

And then we have Kurapika's separate story, and he does steal the show. The tone is just completely different in his chapters and it's great to see the contrast.

The best part of this arc is by far the Phantrom Troupe, everything is great about them. They have cool designs and cool powers. But most of all, they all feel very human and relatable, whilst at the same time feeling very threatening. And that leads to some very intense scenes. My favourite moments with them is whenever they are by themselves arguing or all their interactions with Gon. You really feel like you get to know most of them, even if you spend very little time with each individual.

I think Hunter x Hunter from the start have been Togashi's overall best work, but this is the first separate arc in the series that I definitely think is better than Yu Yu Hakusho's Chapter Black arc. It's just something else. The ending is quite sad and anti-climatic, but that is what makes it so good.
FantaliciousMay 3, 2017 12:24 PM
Jul 25, 2017 8:56 PM

May 2016
rip pakunoda ;_;

she had really great character development so it sucks to see her go :( and her nen ability was awesome

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Feb 6, 2018 7:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Paku choose died!!! :/
Nov 13, 2022 12:03 PM
Mar 2022
YORK NEW ARC FINISHED

This is an amazing arc, this arc changed hunter x hunter completely.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.