Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 5 Discussion

May 5, 2013 6:51 PM

I'm sure all will be explained eventually but... Why don't the titans just lightning bolt themselves inside of the wall?

May 5, 2013 6:56 PM
Killua1102 said:
I'm sure all will be explained eventually but... Why don't the titans just lightning bolt themselves inside of the wall?

Because it makes for a much more intense and dramatic story that way
If they just "lightning bolt" themselves inside this is how the entire anime would go
850 years ago the titans appeared and killed everybody because we had no way of defense

May 5, 2013 6:59 PM

TehBlindSamurai said:
Killua1102 said:

If they just "lightning bolt" themselves inside this is how the entire anime would go
850 years ago the titans appeared and killed everybody because we had no way of defense

Exactly. Unless there is some sort of reason why the Titans can't just do that, then human kind would have been wiped out long ago.

I hope they explain this soon...

May 5, 2013 7:00 PM

TehBlindSamurai said:
Killua1102 said:

Nah... I think author is hiding something epic about the titans and the walls.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger

May 5, 2013 7:03 PM
Kek. Looks like the mods over at Anilinkz was overrun by SnK spoiler-trolls.

http://anilinkz.com/attack-on-titan-shingeki-no-kyojin-episode-6

>>> I know this is a popular show and many of you are all excited, but please make your anime comments on the episodes that are actually here and reserve the "Info" pages for actual informative posts if they come up. Attention whoring isn't cool and being removed from the community for being an overly excited child isn't cool either.

May 5, 2013 7:05 PM
Killua1102 said:

as far as we know only the skinless colossus can do that and his job Eren said in this episode is to make a hole on the wall

May 5, 2013 7:06 PM
What a cliff hanger. Really glad that multiple characters that I liked died in the opening battle. I'm now comfortable enough to put this down as a 10/10

May 5, 2013 7:09 PM

Fasces349 said:
What a cliff hanger. Really glad that multiple characters that I liked died in the opening battle. I'm now comfortable enough to put this down as a 10/10

LOL this is probably one of the only shows that this can be true for xD

May 5, 2013 7:12 PM

Cirris said:
bloggbigg said:
I have very mixed feelings on this anime-

<buncha stuff more...>

You know i was about to write a long post similar to yours. Then i realized what would be the point.

You can argue biology and physics logic and why the Titans shouldn't be some unstoppable force and could be dealt with. But the Titans are created to be some unstoppable force with only a cliched weak spot that can be exploited. So, we have teams of ninja warriors grappling thru buildings and trees with samurai swords as the only option to defeat them. Logic is the last thing on the writers mind when they created the series.

You just have to swallow real hard and suspend any sense of logic or realism and enjoy the giant zombies mixed with a f`ed up "The Highlander" plot scenario. I'm just waiting for Erens to scream "There can be only one!" after he takes down his first scottish zombie titan.

I'm not saying this show is horrible. I'm just saying it's no where near some epic masterpiece as the MAL score, and some glossy eyed posts, indicates.

As for this episode.

I honestly can't stand the MC Eren in this show. He is such a trainwreck of an individual. Wasn't it awesome of him to execute a simpleminded rage decision to chase a titan across the city get his entire team killed. He didn't even kill the titan BTW.

Then Armin decides to have an internal conversation with himself about why he's sitting there with a sword up his own ass doing nothing but becoming titan food. The answer, Armin, is "primal irrational fear". Oh btw Armin, when your in such a state your not having rational internal conversations with yourself. You're usually pissing yourself in fear while cowering or your aimlessly running away screaming while shitting bricks.

So let me guess. cliffhanger ending. Eren survives (duh) and it's either Mikasa or some other super duper awesome ninja recon warrior that swoops in and guts the titan like a fish which saves Eren from his frothy acidic grave?

I have no issue with alternate biology/physics/magic, what have you- even within the context of some world some logic 'goes away'- but when you get something as intricate as this (and I give the author a lot for the work he put into it), it's difficult to know what you aren't intended to piece together (usually because the author is doing it only a few steps ahead of you). I like it. I had a few questions, a few people... yeah, whatever.

People act like a little discussion is a bad thing. I don't know about the author here, but I'd feel kinda crappy if no one took my work seriously enough to try to figure it out. It's very 'sensational', and I'm looking forward to the next episode- especially since everyone who has been nice has cleared up that it gets better!

The author has planted a few seeds- like the insistence that Armin should strategize, and as mentioned before how Eren was injected- and there still is the book left behind too if I remember properly- so we'll see what happens!

Take care!
If you aren't watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Civilization Blaster), you should be. Brilliant writing with legit plot twists.

Just finished blog entry 'Japanese Authors Take Heed' Series (JATH)! Entry 03: Proactive Villains, Reactionary Heroes'.

May 5, 2013 7:15 PM

Fasces349 said:

No offense, as I'm drawn to grimdark stuff and shock value myself, but that sure is a poor/odd reason to like something. Shock value is meant to keep you on the edge of your seat and entertain, but in and of itself it is not a reason to love something.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."

May 5, 2013 7:15 PM
Pusswookie said:
pming said:
^ SnK is now being compared to Code Geass, FMA:B ?

Awesome.

I even spotted a 4chan thread comparing it to TTGL.

No, it isn't. Stop making assumptions.

? But people are making such comparisons now.

May 5, 2013 7:17 PM

pming said:
Pusswookie said:
pming said:

Awesome.

They aren't. He [and I] were just saying that the show's tendency to end everything on a powerful note/cliffhanger was really reminiscent of Code Geass. This could also be applied to a myriad of other shows.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."

May 5, 2013 7:17 PM

Pusswookie said:
Fasces349 said:

No offense, as I'm drawn to grimdark stuff and shock value myself, but that sure is a poor/odd reason to like something. Shock value is meant to keep you on the edge of your seat and entertain, but in and of itself it is not a reason to love something.

so wait, it keeps us on the edge of our seat and entertain.....if its entertaining us then how the fuck can it not be a reason to love something

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 5, 2013 7:19 PM
Pusswookie said:
pming said:
Pusswookie said:
pming said:

Awesome.

They aren't. He [and I] were just saying that the show's tendency to end everything on a powerful note/cliffhanger was really reminiscent of Code Geass. This could also be applied to a myriad of other shows.

Uh huh. That's still comparing.

May 5, 2013 7:21 PM
Fasces349 said:

When I saw Eren in the titan mouth I was like Pssh he's not gonna die he has plot shield 5 seconds later o_0 oh shit!

May 5, 2013 7:26 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Pusswookie said:
Fasces349 said:

so wait, it keeps us on the edge of our seat and entertain.....if its entertaining us then how the fuck can it not be a reason to love something

Actually, let me reiterate what I said [as shock value pretty much applies to everything exciting]: the show keeps you on the edge of your seat and entertains you in a variety of ways, so it's odd that the simple act of it killing off people that you liked would make a significant difference in how much you enjoyed it, as there are a lot of other things that deserve merit. A statement like that comes across as "omg this is so dark and edgy, therefore best show evar." That may not be the case. as a lot of things can tip the scales for you, but that's the immediate impression that I got when reading that. I apologize if I'm wrong. At any rate, I'll just assume that you mean that you love a show where the author has the balls to kill off characters.

@pming: I suppose you could say so, but it is quite a minute comparison then isn't it? "They both end in exciting ways" is a bit vague wouldn't you say? Going off that, I could compare it to Death Note.
Modified by StickyWizard, May 5, 2013 7:34 PM
- Douglas Adams

May 5, 2013 7:32 PM

Oh. Eren better make a crazy comeback.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger

May 5, 2013 7:34 PM

While I was a bit sad about the character deaths, I really like how when some of these guys got hurt, you felt the hits. I'm pretty certain Mina was dead before the Titan ate her, her spine had to have been powdered by that initial fling into the wall. Likewise when Eren got his leg cut off and skipped across the buildings like a stone, it looked as painful as it must have been.

Kamina got to see the surface. Let's see if Eren survives to see the outside world.

May 5, 2013 7:37 PM

Pusswookie said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Pusswookie said:
Fasces349 said:

Actually, let me reiterate what I said [as shock value pretty much applies to everything exciting]: the show keeps you on the edge of your seat and entertains you in a variety of ways, so it's odd that the simple act of it killing off people that you liked would make a significant difference in how much you enjoyed it, as there are a lot of other things that deserve merit. A statement like that comes across as "omg this is so dark and edgy, therefore best show evar." That may not be the case. as a lot of things can tip the scales for you, but that's the immediate impression that I got when reading that. I apologize if I'm wrong. At any rate, I'll just assume that you mean that you love a show where the author has the balls to kill off characters.

If a character you like dies then that sure as hell should make you love a show if done right, as you said its a ballsy move but you forgot to mention that it will evoke a emotion out of you, not always a crying reactionor even depressed but it will still make you feel kind of sad when it happens. The entire series of battle royale relies on that and even to a certain extent gantz does as well.

especially when a character you like dies it adds a sense of danger to the story cause you are now left with the thought that more people will die and you take guesses at who will live and who you want to live. That really adds a whole another level of entertainment to it all that can make you love a show. it makes it intense and more emotionally gripping cause you want people to live that likely wont.

Its a very valid reason to love a show and is something many stories(mainly manga) do. adding a good plot overall to that bloodbath makes things better, its just that 1 extra thing that can push a story from like to love.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 5, 2013 8:17 PM

This episode was just amazing. At this rate this show will end up being one of the best. Eren got fucked up real bad this episode. I'm sure he didn't die though.

Easily 5/5

May 5, 2013 8:20 PM

Dude like wtf, how did he not see that big ass titan that bit his leg off -_- then he goes and gets his arm bitten off. He is of no use now xD

May 5, 2013 8:24 PM

May 5, 2013 8:28 PM
To clarify my earlier point (as this is the one that started the discussion). One of my favourite tropes is anyone can die.

In most animes/movies/shows the goods guys (and not just the protaganist) have an aura of invincibility around them. Reinforcements will always come at the right minute to save the day, when 'killed' they will somehow be revived or not actually be dead etc.

Most characters in most shows (anime or other) that are good guys are either made intentially to be killed (the mother of Eren is a good example of this. She was groomed to be killed in an opening battle and it was obvious that she was going to die the second the Titans attacked, as it would be Erens motivation.

On the other hand then you get characters like the ones who trained with Erek and Mikasa, who were being groomed to be heroes, these characters rarely die in shows, and so I like it when they do.

I really like A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones for this reason, when it is established that anybody can die you just wonder who is next.

Of course it still looks like Armin, Erek and Mikasa have an aura of invincibility (unless Erik was already killed off in this episode). However this first battle was a lot gorier then I thought it would be, that was good, when your fighting something as powerful as a titan, I want it clearly established that a good chunk of the platoon will die in the battle. In real life there are no heroes, and the more likable characters that die the better.

And to clarify when I said happy I didn't mean 'YAY the people who I like are dying', what I meant was I was filled with emotion got goosebumps and the thrill of the battle was what made me satisfied with this episode as a whole.

May 5, 2013 8:28 PM

SHIT JUST GOT REAL THIS FVCKING TIME. EREN DIED, WOW, One of the few series ive seen where the main character, who is a pussy, gets something up his sleeve for being an idiot. hahaha. Better Live for Mikasa's sake fvcking eren and kill those fvcking titans.

May 5, 2013 8:32 PM
Eren is not a pussy, he was 5 years ago but not anymore, everything he did takes a lot of courage, he may be idiotic for doing what he is doing, but he is not a pussy.

May 5, 2013 8:36 PM
Anime Moderator
Fasces349 said:
Eren is not a pussy, he was 5 years ago but not anymore

Eren's never been "pussy," not even 5 years (or more) ago. Next episode is all I'm going to say :)

May 5, 2013 8:38 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Pusswookie said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Pusswookie said:
Fasces349 said:

If a character you like dies then that sure as hell should make you love a show if done right, as you said its a ballsy move but you forgot to mention that it will evoke a emotion out of you, not always a crying reactionor even depressed but it will still make you feel kind of sad when it happens. The entire series of battle royale relies on that and even to a certain extent gantz does as well.

especially when a character you like dies it adds a sense of danger to the story cause you are now left with the thought that more people will die and you take guesses at who will live and who you want to live. That really adds a whole another level of entertainment to it all that can make you love a show. it makes it intense and more emotionally gripping cause you want people to live that likely wont.

Its a very valid reason to love a show and is something many stories(mainly manga) do. adding a good plot overall to that bloodbath makes things better, its just that 1 extra thing that can push a story from like to love.

Those weren't deaths meant to evoke emotion from you, they were deaths meant to further illustrate just how harrowing and dangerous the experience of fighting the Titans is. If that was the first time that the Titans had brutally slaughtered everyone, then perhaps it would be understandable, but this is just to really hammer in how unlikely they are to survive.
If they had taken several episodes to endear you to said expendables [and that's all they were] then killed them [preferably accompanied by said music, that always makes me cry], then that would be the case. Basically, there are a variety of things that authors try to do when killing off their characters, but their deaths weren't meant to be the highlight of the episode, like Eren.

Anyways, that's not even my point. I just thought that he was appreciating it for the wrong reasons, you know; "OOOooo, they just killed of characters, this show is SO hardcore/riveting/a masterpiece," that's all.
Modified by StickyWizard, May 5, 2013 8:44 PM
- Douglas Adams

May 5, 2013 8:41 PM

Fasces349 said:
To clarify my earlier point (as this is the one that started the discussion). One of my favourite tropes is anyone can die.

In most animes/movies/shows the goods guys (and not just the protaganist) have an aura of invincibility around them. Reinforcements will always come at the right minute to save the day, when 'killed' they will somehow be revived or not actually be dead etc.

Most characters in most shows (anime or other) that are good guys are either made intentially to be killed (the mother of Eren is a good example of this. She was groomed to be killed in an opening battle and it was obvious that she was going to die the second the Titans attacked, as it would be Erens motivation.

On the other hand then you get characters like the ones who trained with Erek and Mikasa, who were being groomed to be heroes, these characters rarely die in shows, and so I like it when they do.

I really like A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones for this reason, when it is established that anybody can die you just wonder who is next.

Of course it still looks like Armin, Erek and Mikasa have an aura of invincibility (unless Erik was already killed off in this episode). However this first battle was a lot gorier then I thought it would be, that was good, when your fighting something as powerful as a titan, I want it clearly established that a good chunk of the platoon will die in the battle. In real life there are no heroes, and the more likable characters that die the better.

And to clarify when I said happy I didn't mean 'YAY the people who I like are dying', what I meant was I was filled with emotion got goosebumps and the thrill of the battle was what made me satisfied with this episode as a whole.

Alright, now I get what you're saying. I was kind of hoping that that was what you meant. I love Game of Thrones, and I love when no character has plot armor, as it certainly makes things more exciting. Definitely makes encounters more thrilling that way.
Modified by StickyWizard, May 5, 2013 8:46 PM
- Douglas Adams

May 5, 2013 8:41 PM

Just shat ma pants while watching this anime!!!

May 5, 2013 8:44 PM

Fasces349 said:
Eren is not a pussy, he was 5 years ago but not anymore, everything he did takes a lot of courage, he may be idiotic for doing what he is doing, but he is not a pussy.
Impulsive and idiotic he may be, but pussy doesn't exist. Whether it was 5 years ago, 10 years ago, or before he was even born

May 5, 2013 8:55 PM

I kinda wish Eren stays dead just because it makes the show so much more realer

May 5, 2013 8:58 PM

Wow!! I havn't read the manga so i am completely shocked right now. I knew this anime was capable of this, but that battle took a huge left turn. I'm not gonna lie i was a little disappointed that Eren didn't get to kill any Titans, although i did like his colossus titan fight. Eren was my favorite and i have a feeling he still has somthing to offer to the fight wether he actually is dead or not...which ,i know this is a stretch, i hope he pulls through (they didnt explain the regenerative capabilities of Titans for nothing).
Here's to Eren comin out as Super Sayain Titan Poop!! ....Hopfully T_T

May 5, 2013 9:02 PM

I don't think Eren is dead it's too soon to think that.
The OST is awesome!!
Flash backs are good,keep the gore coming.
I thought the titan that bit Eren's leg , I was shocked and yet he got up fast to save Armin.
Dude can heal fast too maybe idk I couldn't see is leg that got bitten ,but how did he get himself up to save him?!limbs can heal fast maybe?!
He lost his left leg and arm no FMA reference ( his limbs heal fast) I mean when heal fast ,when he hit his head he had bandages and then sooner or later less bandages.

I just hope the best, can't wait for next week! !!!!

May 5, 2013 9:20 PM
I'm glad Eren didn't kill any Titans, makes the threat of them so much realer.

May 5, 2013 9:26 PM
Good episode. Eren, I know U not dead yet.

I'd like to see how Eren's abilities will tip the scale and allow humans to fight back. However, it seems a flashback will also be included and I haven't read the manga so I can only wonder how events for next ep will unfold. In any case, some background on Mikasa is welcome.

May 5, 2013 9:29 PM

Eren is dead????? No it can't happen. IT JUST CAN'T HAPPEN. T___T

Well on the other side, I'm hoping this army would now have the balls to face a titan now after hearing their most motivated recruit has sacrificed his life. Especially Armin. Watch him become the best recruit in the army (next to Mikasa that is)

Oh and BTW, WHERE'S THE POTATO GIRL?!!??!

May 5, 2013 10:04 PM

bloggbigg said:
dankickyou said:

LOL you have zero knowledge on military history.

- No moat.
1. moats are useless cause titans would just pile up and cross it and do you know how insane it is to build a deep moat for A 600KM wall.
- All the titans go through the hole made by the first one. If a moat slowed them down any it would be worth it. And they had 3 years to do it, so whatever. The great wall of china extends miles, and the whole point of it was to slow the mongols- not even to stop them- the mongols were too badass to be stopped- and you falter over the idea of digging a ditch? please...

- Why does that teleporting titan never teleport inside?
2.Because he wants to break the wall dumbass
- At that point in time, yes- but at any point in the 3 years leading up to this? Snacks, anyone- this 'machine' is open? That guy could have been harassing them for the entire time but didn't. Or did you not realize that? I'm sure there is an actual reason- but you state what seems obvious 'cause you're so smart.

- I can't imagine the reason why they have no bear traps or spikes setup.
3.Cause Titans will regenerate lost limbs and do uou realize the industrial scale needed to develop fuck huge mechanical traps in huge quantities whose effectiveness are suboptimal.
- They had 3 years, and the point would be to immobilize, not damage.

- Gunpowder, but no bombs?
4. You want them to be grenadiers? Are you fucking kidding me?
- Because a Titan on the ground regenerating a lost limb would not be an easier kill. Also, bombs make this shit- it's called 'shrapnel'- it's like a bunch of crazy fast cutting shards of metal... instead of just two human speed ones you hold in your hands. I'm not saying it would work- but if they tried & failed I'd be like 'ok'...

- I'll pretend no poisons work, nor acid or hot metals/tar/whatever.
5.They dont
- You may 'know' that, but the townsfolk don't for sure. They know almost nothing. No sense trying to figure shit out either. 'ok'...

- No siege engines http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballista
6.The advancement of cannons made all other siege engines like shitty balistae obsolete. Learn your history
- For the purpose of immobilizing giants, I'd debate the point. To scale, put an arrow through your foot into the floor. See if it hinders your mobile snack pursuit any.

- How the hell did they decide titans were mindless?
7. By observation dumbass
- Well, they apparently got outsmarted by 'mindless' creatures in every way. Maybe you don't know what that word means either.

- Everyone is ridiculously stupid. I get that they are all green and whatnot, but seriously? Years of training, and no-one is competent?
8. They are competent. Doesnt stop them from dying against giant super human regenerating beings whose morale is unbreakable.
- Look up 'competent. Apply it in context. They trained for something, then they failed at it. That's not 'competent'. Being able to do what you trained for is what makes someone competent. Dying? Not so much so.

- No apparent regard for chain of command. 'Don't run or you die' is it?
9. They do. Run and you die is a common procedure in pre-industrial militaries. Read a book.
- 'Chain of command' is in a book too. Look it up. The point you can't debate is they were left without a strong leader, and apparently no guidelines on engagement except 'get in there'. Hothead would be left to die alone in any reasonable unit. Maybe even shot in the back for dereliction of duty.

- You've all got 2 friggin swords and grappling tech. Doing damage inside a mouth doesn't come to mind? wtf?
10. What part of panic do you understand. And cutting the mouth does jack shit.
- It would do fine till regeneration/help arrives. Whatever you say- you're the man.

- On that note they should all be carrying explosives to throw- never mind- explosives are strictly for cannons...
11. Do you realize how stupid that would be. Flying grenadiers are ridiculous stupid.
- Haha! because butt-air propelled spidermen sushi-chefs are completely sound and reasonable. You told me! I am so embarrassed!

- And 3 years and they made no effort to fortify the gate? or the wall which was already known to be weak...
12. The gate isnt weak dumbass. They just have nothing to protect against the impact of the collosal and armored titans.
- Whatever. Not like that was an issue or replay from before or anything. Especially with three years to try to come up with something. Maybe instead they should have just sent the citizens out to prevent property damage if the result is going to be the same, eh?

dankickyou said:

I like how you try to sound smart but come of as dumb.

I like how you do a much better job of it than I ever could.
dankickyou said:

"Hey guize, why dont they use teh grenades? grenades are better than teh cannons! herpderp"

Is that what rubbing your two brain cells together to come up with looks like? more bullshit & false comparisons?

The difference between me & you is I know I'm just asking questions- 'Discussion forum' & all. My point isn't 'I have teh answerz'- but that the anime doesn't clearly cover these issues. You... you're so much more clever than me, so I guess you'll have to forgive me when I ask what else they were doing in the three years those guys you think are nothing but cannon fodder are being trained like elite soldiers. In case you missed it- they're not even through yet.

Why throw that away on purpose? They just 'fed the titans' two groups of men-- according to you, on purpose. Because normal soldiers couldn't have died just as easily and NOT wasted 3 years of special training.

I don't have the answers, but at least I know it. You keep thinking you're right about military strategy & I'll smile at your less than 'obvious' assertions.

1.LMAO. You want them to go outside the wall and dig a moat for a 600km diameter wall. ignoring all the titans outside. Im sure the Titans will go, "yeah we will just leavethose unprotected humans alone.And the Great Wall of China, seriously? youre comparing a great dynasty to a nation that have been under siege for 100 years to pull out the crazy resources to build a useless moat for a country size wall? Are you retarded?
2.There is a "reason"
3. 3 years for a pre-industrial nation isnt much. Much less a pre-industrial nation under siege and low on both resources and manpower where a piece of meat is considered a rare commodity. LOL if you think it would be worth the effort when Titans are immune to pain and shock and would just thear their limbs to go on.
4. No. Grenades suck and they are absolutely nothing to the power of canister shot. There is a reason why grenadiers were phased out in the late 1600s and artillery achieved more importance. Eventually becoming the King of the battlefield. Also, do u think tiny shrapnel from grenades are going to stop ducking Titans who can eat a shell to the face and keep on coming or get torn by canister and be completely healed in less than 1 minute. Do you even think?
5. They do know that. The Titans don even have internal organs. Poison does jack and shit. And Jack just left town.
6. No it wouldnt stop them. Titans have no pain no are there vulnerable to breaking of morale. We see Titans cut in half and keep on going and you think a tiny balistae is gong to immobilize them? Are you serious? A Cannon is so superior to a balistae its not even funny.
7. They didnt get outsmarted dumbass. The Titans were just that powerful. Youre talking about a race of giant, regenerating, human eating, unstoppable horde of monsters that are completely immune to morale shock. They cannot be broken.
8. Competant they are. Doesnt stop them from dying. Again, what dumbasses like you fail to realize, what the show have been hammering in from day 1 is that Titans are not mooks. They are and invincible, and unstoppable horde of super beings that outmatched humanity so much its not even funny. Your stupid prejudices on seeing the average bad guy as mook is clouding your judgement.
9. Thats the point. Humanity's defense is to throw away wave after wave of humans to slow down the Ttans. Recruits are sent to the frontlines to die so that veterans can get a chance to kill a few. this isnt a modern army where life is pwecious and they want to hear your feelings. Also, haha you think this a modern army?
11. it makes more sense than air propelled grenadiers with completely ineffective weapons.
12. Again, if your brain is to small. There is nothing a 1700 tech nation can do to fortify the wall against a fucking 50 meter muscle man kick whose kick can create air pressure that send people and buildings from hundreds of meters away to be blown away. Not to mention when that muscle man can freaking teleport without warning any time he wants.
13. Butthurt detected.
14. Because there is no better way to fight Titans. When your death rate is 40 to 1. Life isnt precious. Everything is a pawn just sacrificed to the miniscule chance of being able to slow down the Titans. + the best soldiers (The Scouring Legion) werent in the city when the battle began. They were out scouting. Also,

The Art of Eight

May 5, 2013 10:04 PM

Awesome episode, awesome anime :)

But the ways they fight... jumping around with ropes and swords doesn't seem that smart.

Were are the giant spears? burning the titans? poison gas?

they should at least tie the titans up. Using the 3D system they could trap the titans with the iron ropes.

The behemoth travels by lightning? WTF? they have been very realistic and then they show us a titan that travels by lightning and simple disappears after from nowhere.

Where did the walls came from? How did they made them? How they have such a low data pool about the titans?

I'm so confused

May 5, 2013 10:07 PM

Great Episode, that Scene was as intense as it was in the Manga. 5/5

May 5, 2013 10:08 PM
Public Service Announcement

Walls of Text don't work against the Titans.

May 5, 2013 10:11 PM

Everybody getting wrecked by these OP titans... this show is godlike.

May 5, 2013 10:18 PM
gonna be a long week waiting for that next episode.... hopefully i don't end up reading the manga before the week is over :s

May 5, 2013 10:32 PM
Elite60 said:
bastek66 said:
Poor Misa

That face will give nightmares.

Heh, yeah.. Nothing that terrifying..should have eyes that disgustingly iinnocent...its a perversion. its too messed up

May 5, 2013 10:34 PM

dankickyou said:
the best soldiers (The Scouring Legion) werent in the city when the battle began. They were out scouting.]
actually, the best soldiers are in the military police, who are in the inner walls.

May 5, 2013 10:36 PM
AnimeHAwk616 said:
dankickyou said:
the best soldiers (The Scouring Legion) werent in the city when the battle began. They were out scouting.]
actually, the best soldiers are in the military police, who are in the inner walls.

Not really... those are just the people who got the highest scores in training, the best soldiers are the scouting legion, they have actual combat experience.

May 5, 2013 10:40 PM

skudoops said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
dankickyou said:

Not really... those are just the people who got the highest scores in training, the best soldiers are the scouting legion, they have actual combat experience.
true i guess. Atleast the ones who survived, and actually learned from the experience

May 5, 2013 10:44 PM

AnimeHAwk616 said:
dankickyou said:

False actually. Most of the best recruits are in the Military police. But by the nature of being in the military police they would not have any experience whatsoever with actual Titan slaying. The Scouting Legion does have a handful of experiences and motivated people (if you join the scouting legion, you probably have a score to settle with Titans). Plus, The scouting Legion has humanity's greatest soldier.

The Art of Eight

May 5, 2013 10:53 PM

dankickyou said:

1.LMAO. You want them to go outside the wall and dig a moat for a 600km diameter wall. ignoring all the titans outside. Im sure the Titans will go, "yeah we will just leavethose unprotected humans alone.And the Great Wall of China, seriously? youre comparing a great dynasty to a nation that have been under siege for 100 years to pull out the crazy resources to build a useless moat for a country size wall? Are you retarded?

You're so lacking in the ability to follow simple logic, it's pointless- but I'll humor you.
- a. the original wall was likely built under worse conditions than the ones you scoff at.
- b. the great wall of china was started in 221 BC- that's way below medieval tech. It was 20 feet wide, 40 feet high, and was built at a bit under a mile a year. Digging a deep hole just in front of the door probably wouldn't take three years- but your imagination makes it impossible, so whatever.
dankickyou said:

2.There is a "reason"

- yeah sure.
dankickyou said:

3. 3 years for a pre-industrial nation isnt much. Much less a pre-industrial nation under siege and low on both resources and manpower where a piece of meat is considered a rare commodity. LOL if you think it would be worth the effort when Titans are immune to pain and shock and would just thear their limbs to go on.

- You just cant wrap your head around the idea of a trap- like a bear trap that doesn't do damage & just holds a titan in place. Your babble is irrelevant, and your inability to even see my point proves how great a tactician you are.
dankickyou said:

4. No. Grenades suck and they are absolutely nothing to the power of canister shot. There is a reason why grenadiers were phased out in the late 1600s and artillery achieved more importance. Eventually becoming the King of the battlefield. Also, do u think tiny shrapnel from grenades are going to stop ducking Titans who can eat a shell to the face and keep on coming or get torn by canister and be completely healed in less than 1 minute. Do you even think?

- Who said anything about grenades? Oh- right- you. I said bombs- but unless these guys have sword-folding tech (though you pretend their metalworking is inferior because you're sure they can't make traps) medieval tech swords do less damage than a grenade any day of the week. Besides- the entire point is an additional tactic- I proposed the bomb idea as part of a damage 'in lieu of dying' escape strategy. instead of- you know- getting eaten whole because some dumbass has no 'plan b' because 'Titans R so badass you should just die'.
dankickyou said:

5. They do know that. The Titans don even have internal organs. Poison does jack and shit. And Jack just left town.

- Lots of marine life and plants have no organs either. Guess poison is ineffective on all them too. And what are there- 3 types of poison in the world & they tried them all? Whatever.
dankickyou said:

6. No it wouldnt stop them. Titans have no pain no are there vulnerable to breaking of morale. We see Titans cut in half and keep on going and you think a tiny balistae is gong to immobilize them? Are you serious? A Cannon is so superior to a balistae its not even funny.

- First, balistae are huge, and can be built to scale. Nevermind- you believe what you want.
dankickyou said:

7. They didnt get outsmarted dumbass. The Titans were just that powerful. Youre talking about a race of giant, regenerating, human eating, unstoppable horde of monsters that are completely immune to morale shock. They cannot be broken.

- You know- the entire point of this series is to prove you wrong- on this point if nothing else.
dankickyou said:

8. Competant they are. Doesnt stop them from dying. Again, what dumbasses like you fail to realize, what the show have been hammering in from day 1 is that Titans are not mooks. They are and invincible, and unstoppable horde of super beings that outmatched humanity so much its not even funny. Your stupid prejudices on seeing the average bad guy as mook is clouding your judgement.

- Repeating yourself doesn't change the facts, or your clear misunderstanding of the word 'competent'. What's all this name calling? Is that somehow lending to your compelling argument of 'told you so?'. Just quietly fap to your Titans and leave the reasonable people alone...
dankickyou said:

9. Thats the point. Humanity's defense is to throw away wave after wave of humans to slow down the Ttans. Recruits are sent to the frontlines to die so that veterans can get a chance to kill a few. this isnt a modern army where life is pwecious and they want to hear your feelings. Also, haha you think this a modern army?

- Again. missed the point.
dankickyou said:

11. it makes more sense than air propelled grenadiers with completely ineffective weapons.

- As if that's what I proposed, oh master of the straw man argument.
dankickyou said:

12. Again, if your brain is to small. There is nothing a 1700 tech nation can do to fortify the wall against a fucking 50 meter muscle man kick whose kick can create air pressure that send people and buildings from hundreds of meters away to be blown away. Not to mention when that muscle man can freaking teleport without warning any time he wants.

- Again, repeating yourself doesn't make your flawed point valid. The previous wall stood for a hundred + years, and maybe a reinforcement is in order. Also, you now seem to have flipped on the 'teleport anywhere/anytime' issue. Welcome- glad something sunk in.
dankickyou said:

13. Butthurt detected.

- Is that what you're dreaming about? butthurt and 'unstoppable titans'. I see now. Congratulations on facing your desires- just stop projecting, not everyone sees titans the same way as you. Good luck with that!
dankickyou said:

14. Because there is no better way to fight Titans. When your death rate is 40 to 1. Life isnt precious. Everything is a pawn just sacrificed to the miniscule chance of being able to slow down the Titans. + the best soldiers (The Scouring Legion) werent in the city when the battle began. They were out scouting. Also,

- Whatever. Your brilliant plan to 'not beat the titans' by feeding them townsfolk is brilliant. be proud of your keen military knowledge and insight. You've won- no need to reply. I concede to your 'clearly superior titan knowledge'.
If you aren't watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Civilization Blaster), you should be. Brilliant writing with legit plot twists.

Just finished blog entry 'Japanese Authors Take Heed' Series (JATH)! Entry 03: Proactive Villains, Reactionary Heroes'.

May 5, 2013 10:55 PM

laep said:

But the ways they fight... jumping around with ropes and swords doesn't seem that smart.

they should at least tie the titans up. Using the 3D system they could trap the titans with the iron ropes.

The behemoth travels by lightning? WTF? they have been very realistic and then they show us a titan that travels by lightning and simple disappears after from nowhere.

Where did the walls came from? How did they made them? How they have such a low data pool about the titans?

I'm so confused

Shhh! Dude, seriously- If dankickyou reads this, you'll get him started. I'm already bored enough to feed the troll, don't you come in 'talking sense & crap' and get him more enraged...

May 5, 2013 11:07 PM

bloggbigg said:
dankickyou said:

You're so lacking in the ability to follow simple logic, it's pointless- but I'll humor you.
- a. the original wall was likely built under worse conditions than the ones you scoff at.
- b. the great wall of china was started in 221 BC- that's way below medieval tech. It was 20 feet wide, 40 feet high, and was built at a bit under a mile a year. Digging a deep hole just in front of the door probably wouldn't take three years- but your imagination makes it impossible, so whatever.
dankickyou said:

2.There is a "reason"

- yeah sure.
dankickyou said:

- You just cant wrap your head around the idea of a trap- like a bear trap that doesn't do damage & just holds a titan in place. Your babble is irrelevant, and your inability to even see my point proves how great a tactician you are.
dankickyou said:

- Who said anything about grenades? Oh- right- you. I said bombs- but unless these guys have sword-folding tech (though you pretend their metalworking is inferior because you're sure they can't make traps) medieval tech swords do less damage than a grenade any day of the week. Besides- the entire point is an additional tactic- I proposed the bomb idea as part of a damage 'in lieu of dying' escape strategy. instead of- you know- getting eaten whole because some dumbass has no 'plan b' because 'Titans R so badass you should just die'.
dankickyou said:

- Lots of marine life and plants have no organs either. Guess poison is ineffective on all them too. And what are there- 3 types of poison in the world & they tried them all? Whatever.
dankickyou said:

- First, balistae are huge, and can be built to scale. Nevermind- you believe what you want.
dankickyou said:

- You know- the entire point of this series is to prove you wrong- on this point if nothing else.
dankickyou said:

- Repeating yourself doesn't change the facts, or your clear misunderstanding of the word 'competent'. What's all this name calling? Is that somehow lending to your compelling argument of 'told you so?'. Just quietly fap to your Titans and leave the reasonable people alone...
dankickyou said:

- Again. missed the point.
dankickyou said:

- As if that's what I proposed, oh master of the straw man argument.
dankickyou said:

- Again, repeating yourself doesn't make your flawed point valid. The previous wall stood for a hundred + years, and maybe a reinforcement is in order. Also, you now seem to have flipped on the 'teleport anywhere/anytime' issue. Welcome- glad something sunk in.
dankickyou said:

13. Butthurt detected.

- Is that what you're dreaming about? butthurt and 'unstoppable titans'. I see now. Congratulations on facing your desires- just stop projecting, not everyone sees titans the same way as you. Good luck with that!
dankickyou said:

- Whatever. Your brilliant plan to 'not beat the titans' by feeding them townsfolk is brilliant. be proud of your keen military knowledge and insight. You've won- no need to reply. I concede to your 'clearly superior titan knowledge'.

1.LOL Theyre going to dig a moat outside the wall and The titans will leave them alone. Not to mention its like a said a dubious addition when Titans can clamber and swim.
2. Concession accepted
3. Nope. Titans rip his legs of and continue. Thats what happens when you fight with superpowered giant death zombies.
4. Bombs are shit to cannons. Bombs cant kill Titans. Bombs require you to be in range unlike cannons.
5. You seem to be in denial that Titans are pretty much shown to be supernatural beings.
Their biology is impossible. Poisons do jack and shit. Not to mention poisoned weapons were the shittiest invention ever and they often flake of before entering the bloodstream.
6. And the strongest balistae would be inefficient compared to your average 6 pounder. Building them bigger means you use more resources when you simply could make more cannons.
7.LoL. You'll be surprised
8. Are you frustrated?
9. Dead officers are dead
10.Are you frustrated?
11.No by teleport, I mean they cannot prepare for when he wants to come and kick walls. Your anger is making you jumping to conclusions padawan.
12.Are you frustrated?
13. Concession accepted.

laep said:

I'm so confused

1. Its the best way they came up with to cut the Titans neck which is the only way to kill them.
2. What the hell is a pike bloc going to do to titans? Burning can work but they regenerate and you dont have a reliable delivery system. Poison does jack and shit to Titan's superior biology and lol if you want a 1700 society to run advanced biological and chemical warfare.
3. lol you mean give themselves to the Titans for lunch. Did you miss that scene where the Titan grabbed a wire and pulled Mina down.
4. Its a spoiler. And this show isnt particularly trying to be realistic. Its still fantasy. when you read fantasy, you should accept that mages cast fireball.
5. The walls are a spoiler. They know little because they have a 90% death rate against Titans.

Modified by dankickyou, May 5, 2013 11:27 PM
The Art of Eight

Pages (30) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store