Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
May 5, 2013 2:32 AM

Mar 2013
For the guys speaking of that line, the original is:
死なないさ…俺はこんな所で、死んでられないんだ。俺はまだこの世界の実態を何も知らないんだから
(Shinanai sa... Ore wa konna tokoro de, shinderarenai n da.
Ore wa mada kono sekai no jittai o nanimo shiranai n dakara)

Good episode.
この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

May 5, 2013 2:33 AM

Jun 2012
I never really liked eren jäger... but I didn't wished him that kinda sh*t! Let's see if he's dead for good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2013 2:34 AM

Apr 2009
kashim said:
One of those rare cases when an adaptation is better than the original. Way to go Madhouse. Upping the overall score to 10.

...it's not Madhouse.
May 5, 2013 2:36 AM
Jun 2010
Nooo only one estimated good episode left Q_Q

When that one thing, yet to come, happens the story will suck so hard. I hated that plot twist in the manga -.-
May 5, 2013 2:37 AM
Jul 2018
That was really good, but I honestly don't like the plot twist that's coming since it seemed a bit too unrealistic. But then again, it's a shounen so I guess that upcoming twist is alright.
removed-userMay 5, 2013 2:53 AM
May 5, 2013 2:38 AM

Jun 2008
DEMOLITION_D said:
draker said:
My fucking god, this episode was complete mindfuck.
So Eren's dead? Wow, talk about plot twist.

I didn't see him die.

yes but we saw him lose an arm and a leg. Humanity still has no technology to replace limps in a way that they will allow you to move freely and fight like that, so i can't imagine this guys with their "canon" tech actually having such ability.
Except if we see some magical like stuff happen.

Amarrez said:
kashim said:
One of those rare cases when an adaptation is better than the original. Way to go Madhouse. Upping the overall score to 10.

...it's not Madhouse.

Yeah is Production I.G. They are from the best in the business really. Just check the shit they are involved with.
MonadMay 5, 2013 2:44 AM
May 5, 2013 2:40 AM
Mar 2012
Amarrez said:
kashim said:

...it's not Madhouse.

probably thought he was in the hxh11 section, you can't blame him, currently they are very similar
May 5, 2013 2:46 AM

Feb 2011
Monad said:
DEMOLITION_D said:
draker said:
My fucking god, this episode was complete mindfuck.
So Eren's dead? Wow, talk about plot twist.

I didn't see him die.

yes but we saw him lose an arm and a leg. Humanity still has no technology to replace limps in a way that they will allow you to move freely and fight like that, so i can't imagine this guys with their "canon" tech actually having such ability.
Except if we see some magical like stuff happen.

not considering that if the story is trying to be even a bit realistic eren should be already dead by blood loss, cause whole limbs cut off make it a bit hard to don't have all your blood flow outside in no time

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 5, 2013 2:47 AM

Aug 2008
Holy shit. Wicked moment where MC got killed. Obviously it doesn't stay that way, so I wonder what's gonna happen after her exposition... "Resurrection" or mutation? We go back a save or something? It's interesting...
May 5, 2013 2:48 AM

Mar 2012
kashim said:

Actually, as someone who is reading the manga right now, I have to agree with you. The manga is a little out of order and the anime does a nice job of putting events back in order.

Although, to correct you, this isn't a Madhouse anime. It's Production I.G.
May 5, 2013 2:48 AM

Jan 2013
This is a minefield of spoilers here. Best episode so far. I would like to dedicate this song to Eren

strokielilyMay 5, 2013 8:30 AM
May 5, 2013 2:50 AM

Nov 2011
strokielily said:
This is a minefield of spoilers here. Best episode so far. I would like to dedicate this song to Eren

Pro Tip

The Art of Eight
May 5, 2013 2:51 AM

Apr 2012
strokielily said:

I haven't actually read any spoilers, most of it seems like speculation. My part earlier was anyway.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
May 5, 2013 2:52 AM

Aug 2012
Sh*t...
May 5, 2013 2:52 AM

Oct 2011
Great episode. Trying to avoid as many spoilers as possible but I really can't see Eren being dead already. Hoping for a non-stupid way of getting him back.
May 5, 2013 2:53 AM

Jan 2008
Shaduge said:
Amarrez said:
kashim said:

...it's not Madhouse.

probably thought he was in the hxh11 section, you can't blame him, currently they are very similar

Haha.My bad. I was watching it after HxH. Still, Madhouse is often making adult anime that's why I made a mistake. I.G. is also top tier studio though :)

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
May 5, 2013 2:56 AM

Mar 2012
Holy sh*t.... honestly didn't see that coming.
May 5, 2013 3:00 AM
Feb 2012
Another splendid episode and the miniscule amounts of filler added only contributed to the viewing experience instead of hindering it.

Now back to reading the manga- nearly caught up.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 5, 2013 3:04 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Removed some spoilers on the last page. Please see the rule in the first post:

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

If you see spoilers without spoiler tags here or people discussing what happens later in the manga, please report these posts and do not reply or even worse quote untagged spoilers. Please also report fake spoilers.
May 5, 2013 3:11 AM

Mar 2013
Eren dead?
Impossibru.......
May 5, 2013 3:13 AM

Jan 2013
No sh*ts are given to Eren's death... since we all know Levi is the protagonist.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 5, 2013 3:14 AM

Jan 2013
itsTriz said:
Eren dead?
Impossibru.......

He's the damn MC! WTH is wrong with the creator!
May 5, 2013 3:15 AM

Jan 2013
Yeah man shit just got real
Hyped up thrashing the titans
Nope man what the hells going to happen next episode & what the hells going to happen to Eren & Armin
May 5, 2013 3:21 AM

Feb 2013
bastek66 said:
Poor Misa

>that titan
2moe4me
"In that direction," the Cat said, waving its right paw round, "lives Anonymous: and in that direction," waving the other paw, "lives tripfags. Visit either you like: they're both weeaboos."
"But I don't want to go among weeaboos," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all weeaboo here. I'm weeaboo. You're weeaboo."
"How do you know I'm weeaboo?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
May 5, 2013 3:25 AM

Mar 2012
-Shady said:
itsTriz said:
Eren dead?
Impossibru.......

He's the damn MC! WTH is wrong with the creator!

The "creator" is fucking brilliant. Just stick with it...
May 5, 2013 3:28 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, I can't wait till next week. I'm reading the manga.
May 5, 2013 3:32 AM

Sep 2012
I am reading the manga but have yet to find find out the truth, however I stand behind my belief 100% the Eren is not dead.
May 5, 2013 3:33 AM

Jan 2012
AirStyles said:
GG PUNK! GG!!

YOU ACCOMPLISHED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! YOU'RE JUST A TITAN FOOD LIKE THE TOWNFOLKS SAID DURING EPISODE ONE!!

BAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

My god that was satisfying! Now I know why this show is so highly rated, for once, retard MC actually dies from it's own idiocy!! BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

In all seriousness though... What kind of shit are they ganna pull to bring him back?

Pretty much this, looking forward to the convenient plot device used to get him back.
May 5, 2013 3:34 AM

Jun 2009
So the only objective of the titans is troll the fuck out of the humans? Gotcha.
May 5, 2013 3:39 AM

May 2009
I'm shaking... after watching that ep..
My heart is THUD.

And people are acting so cool here. O.o
this feels weird.

Eren just.. what died? Like ep 5? Wtf? Like..
This show is awesome, but.. wow... it totally plays on the viewer..
He's hotheaded, which makes him prone to disasters.. but.. but..
jeez...

I can't digest this. This is crazy.
This is a roller coaster of emotions.. This is mad.

Sure, technically the best way to show someone's character build up, because if Eren had just been a flashback, he wouldn't have created such an impact, not affected the viewer so much because we knew his imminent death.. This way, it makes it all the more real. Linear set of events. But.. wow..

I am shocked.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
May 5, 2013 3:39 AM
Aug 2012
DAFUQ? The main character DIED?

I guess the story will revolve around Mikasa now..
May 5, 2013 3:40 AM

Feb 2008
A lot of still images, though, still a great episode. The production team managed to convey the despair and hopelessness well.
May 5, 2013 3:42 AM

Apr 2008
Wow I was only half kidding when I said it'd be around rank 10 after this episode in my post a week back. Not that I'm complaining lol
May 5, 2013 3:45 AM

Feb 2012
The titans this episode... I think they're all high.
May 5, 2013 3:46 AM

Aug 2011
ReasonDesu said:
AirStyles said:
GG PUNK! GG!!

YOU ACCOMPLISHED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! YOU'RE JUST A TITAN FOOD LIKE THE TOWNFOLKS SAID DURING EPISODE ONE!!

BAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

My god that was satisfying! Now I know why this show is so highly rated, for once, retard MC actually dies from it's own idiocy!! BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

In all seriousness though... What kind of shit are they ganna pull to bring him back?

This... if you knew... Oh well, we're going to see it in episode 6 or 7 xD

Anyways, great episode.. 5/5
May 5, 2013 3:46 AM
Aug 2012
Seriously, I thought Eren's squad was going to kick ass..

And about Eren, maybe the Titan will shit him out, lol.
May 5, 2013 3:47 AM

Jan 2011
bastek66 said:
Poor Misa

Wtf is with the eyes?
May 5, 2013 3:47 AM
Sep 2012
I actually read the chapter for this part of the anime but I still got goosebumps watching it! Good ep.
follow me on tumblr (i follow back, unless your some bloody yugiohentai blog lol)
http://xoxotaku.tumblr.com

May 5, 2013 4:01 AM

Sep 2010
Holy fucking shit!!!..... Did they just kill of show's MC.... Blood/Gore/Hilarious Titant faces.... This shit is fucking awesome....

5/5
May 5, 2013 4:03 AM

Feb 2008
What the fuck!!!
WHAT THE FUCK?
What the fuck is wrong with this? @-@
It gets me thinking every single time.
Iy gives me the creeps but i can't stop watching it..
Gahhh! Im going crazy..
... =_=

May 5, 2013 4:04 AM

Sep 2011
Awww eren is dead already ? lol

kk here is what i am thinking :

his father will somehow revive him using those needles ?? or maybe those needles will turn him into a giant ?? maybe those giants was once humans and scientists made experiments on some humans to turn them into giants ? and now the humans that turned into giants are seeking revenge , all i am sure of is that eren's father has something to do with the existence of the giants
May 5, 2013 4:07 AM

Sep 2012
such a shame that we finally get to see the 3dmg in action and theyre all dead within the minute.
still know whats going to happen though. since i read the manga.

next few weeks should be sick
May 5, 2013 4:13 AM

May 2013
Hello im new too animelist and im looking for some friends if your interested in psychological thrillers and have strong opinions and are willing too have discussions about those opinions then well get along. All my stuff is open too the public so you can check it out if youd like. I'm not really into much besides psychological thrillers, horror and mysteries but i occasionally venture into love/romance, drama and comedy animes like toradora and clannad. Yeah i got a soft side and im a guy so bit me, but my main interest focuses in on animes that surprise you with their chain of events. So send me some reccomendations if youd like and ill reccomend you some of the psychological thrillers i like with a reason why if you tell me what you like.
our society is so focused on living an entertaining life, but realistically we all should be deadset on living a fulfilling one.
May 5, 2013 4:20 AM

Feb 2010
5 eps in and this is already my fav anime ever. I read the manga, but with this one even knowing what is gonna happen in the story cannot change the epicness of everything that goes down.
May 5, 2013 4:22 AM

Jun 2009
Jaimes said:
RinM said:
brass2themax said:
As someone who has read the manga and is all caught up, I won't spoil anything, but don't discount Eren yet. You didn't actually see him die. That's all I'll say.

Yup that's the rule of anime....Alive until you actually see him die...of course we did kind of see him die... but until we see his body he is alive...

And is it just me or is Mikasas design becoming worse and worse in each episode :/

She as a character is pretty lacking too.

A stark difference from the manga.

Also i hate you because your avatar is awesome and i'm forced to remember how fantastic her desing could've been, dead eyes and all that.

Hate away XD

I don't mind the lips... But somehow the fecal expressions seem lacking in this episode.

And she seems sad...She should look cold not sad.
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
May 5, 2013 4:31 AM
Jun 2009
And Eren climbs my most hated character list yet again!

Mikasa should have been cold and more mature...
May 5, 2013 4:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sweet mother of epic.

I hope they have some serious surgeons in Trost because I've just seen Eren lose a leg and maybe an arm there (I don't think he's dead).

I'm guessing the Titans are manufactured by a power we know nothing of yet. They don't seem natural to me and the Colossal one dissapearing/appearing like that reinforces my thoughts on this.

Only think I didn't like was MIkasa being shown as a bit of a wimp. Why do all awesome female characters always have to show some form of weakness just because they are women? But I'm hoping she'll be back to badass next episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 5, 2013 4:44 AM
May 2013
There is no possible way they will kill off Eren, the anime has focused on him too heavily (I give about a 2% chance). If Mikasa and Armin were focused on as much as EREN I could believe it, but he is the MC by far. Also Erens dad being shady and mysterious and pinning down Eren to inject something into him and also the key which he must go back to the basement with. They can't kill him off they just can't

So then I wonder how the hell they are going to make him survive this one. I've come up with some ideas.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags. Only click it if you want to see the ideas because they might contain real spoilers. This should not result in a discussion about manga material though.
LunaMay 5, 2013 8:06 AM
May 5, 2013 4:45 AM

Feb 2013
That was amazing, them grappling through the city was awesome. Great way to end the episode, the next one is going to be great.

For those who have read the manga
May 5, 2013 4:48 AM

Nov 2008
JUST WOW... im speechless. The same feeling I got after reading about the eclipse in Berserk is the same feeling I just got. Wonder if anyone else knows that im talking about XD holy shit.
Pages (31) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

41 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.