Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 4, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat tension:

Gotta love some of the tense moments in this episode. Sagara is kinda cool to watch imo this episode with those wings. Mm, kinda glad everything is in order for now I guess.
May 4, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
Seeing her friend being sad about "losing her brother", she wishes (I used wish because it's part of the title) to search for him. So her dance is the key to break the seal.

Leviathan look-alike is souled one? Wow, his black wings! This time Himegami didn't possess her, and tamed it. Her mother sounds like Paku-san (and I was correct)!

I don't get what the guy said about the guy twins (about being alike). Could anyone explain it to me? (If NOT, then I will consider it not important at all because I don't plan to watch sub anyway))
tsubasaloverMay 11, 2013 6:07 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 4, 2013 7:58 AM
Sep 2012
Sagara has overcooked peppered chicken wings. Kinda hard not to laugh but I'm glad everything is somewhat clearer now.
May 4, 2013 9:41 AM
May 2013
Is it me or masumi and Izumiko pairing is kinda cute
May 4, 2013 12:24 PM

Aug 2009
^ it is ; A ; <3 <3 <3

but the chemistry between Sagara and Izumiko is getting cuter and cuter every episode as well!
Like look at them!! dawww ^////^

But omgggg INTENSEEE EPISODEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Dem wings!!! *O*

5 eps left and still loving this show!
May 4, 2013 1:40 PM
Apr 2013
FUUUDGE...

So much Miyuki and Izumiko scenes in here *-* I LOOOOOVED this episode.
So THAT'S WHAT IZUMIKO'S MOTHER LOOKS LIKE...No offense but she doesn't really look like Izumiko at all...:P But still, I loved this episode.

What happened at the end with Miyuki? He's talking about Wamiya and all that...then Izumiko is like "EHHH?!!?"
May 4, 2013 9:21 PM

Mar 2013
For some reason I'm starting to feel this show might be better if they DIDN'T hook up at the end.

Though I still like the pairing.
May 4, 2013 9:25 PM
May 2013
i think Miyuki is asking Izumiko to summon Wamiya because of he is curious why Wamiya and takayanagi looks alike .-.

I need moarr Izumiko x Miyki moments xD not satisfied with this one, i hope there will be more in the next 5 episodes~

Izumiko from this episode to present, Don't braid Your hair cause you look great with that epic long hair xDDD (since she can tame the himegami already)
May 6, 2013 7:05 AM

Mar 2013
What a relief, the sibling arc is over. Now we can get back to the real story.

I'm all for Izumiko x Miyuki but that bit after the ED felt forced imho.
May 6, 2013 9:00 AM

Jun 2011
Can someone explain to me why did Masumi turn to that giant snake like creature? I got the hint that his some part of that god and got reincarnated into Masumi but im not sure.

Also why did Izumiko's mother say they cant stay together? Im pretty sure that its because since they both can communicate with the goddess, its easier to kidnap them both together so they stay apart. Well thats what i get so far but some clarification would be good.
May 6, 2013 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
Izumiko x Miyuki *___*
Dat wings... lol. Izumiko likes Wamiya-like boys ehh XD
Sooo... whats gonna happen next?
onepineMay 6, 2013 9:37 AM
May 6, 2013 9:37 AM

Jul 2009
So Sagara is a Tengu? Makes sense since he's a mountain's monk and Izumiko is a goddess vessel, but how and why he hide the wings?
May 6, 2013 9:52 AM
Jan 2011
ArcanaTrace said:
Can someone explain to me why did Masumi turn to that giant snake like creature? I got the hint that his some part of that god and got reincarnated into Masumi but im not sure.

Also why did Izumiko's mother say they cant stay together? Im pretty sure that its because since they both can communicate with the goddess, its easier to kidnap them both together so they stay apart. Well thats what i get so far but some clarification would be good.

Kuzuryuu Ookami-9 heads dragon, is an ancient god land that been sealed inside the Heavenly Rock. One of its head stay outside and had a dream where it was human and that is Masumi. That also why Masumi staying around Masumi able to staying around as divine spirit. When the rock was unsealed, the head awaken from it dream, return to it body, thus Masumi will disappear. In the end Kuzuryuu follow Himegami's words and return to the rock. One of the head stay outside and continue to dream. But since Masumi stay as himself by have both Mayuara and Manatsu thinking the same about him, so from now on it depend to them if they can still think of him as before.

Izumiko and her mother can't stay together because both of them are Himegami's vessel and Izumiko's mother can control her power but can not retain her for much longer. If they stay together, Himegami will leave for Izumiko sooner but Izumiko as you see, far to ready for this.
May 6, 2013 10:00 AM

Jan 2013
Jonny_Mhl said:
So Sagara is a Tengu? Makes sense since he's a mountain's monk and Izumiko is a goddess vessel, but how and why he hide the wings?

I dont think he will normally have wings. It was him and the spirit/ raven/ Wamiya thing, that together helped Miyuki fight the crystal dragon.

I think Miyuki is a little jealous that Izumiko has a "type," and he doesn't fit it.

Overall a good episode that cleared up a lot of questions in the last episode, however it has also created some new ones.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
May 6, 2013 10:00 AM
Jan 2011
Jonny_Mhl said:

That was Wamiya's wings. Wamiya give some of his power to Sagara. He want to follow Izumiko but can't take human from in Tokyo and Sagara want power to protect Izumiko so they join force. That why Sagara had also been expelled from the room by the purification dance in eps 7. Mayura's dad is a sharp person to relize there is something special about Sagara though that isn't his power.
May 6, 2013 10:20 AM

Oct 2011
So it wasn't Manatsu in the Celestial Rock but Masumi. Whoa Sagura has Wamiya's powers XD. Hmm Izumiko's mother sealed the Ookami. Glad Mamatsu returned. Same with Masumi. It is best for her mother not be around since their could only be one Himegami. What!!!? Izumiko likes people with Takayanagi's face. 0__0. Too bad for Sagura
May 6, 2013 11:06 AM

May 2013
got a little confusing for me so i had to watch it again and now it made some sense watching it a second time. i loled at the last part of the episode.
May 6, 2013 11:08 AM

Nov 2012
Glad the twins problems have been resolved so hopefully we can get to the real meat of the story finally.
Glad to see Izumiko and Miyuki together and getting along alot more, though really, next to no indication of romance between the two. Hopefully it won't be one of those anime where the romance between the two mains happens in the final 2 minutes of the last episode.
May 6, 2013 11:55 AM
Dec 2012
AAWWWW I love the ending of this episode hahaha so you like guys like Wamiya? awwww hahah how cute!!!
May 6, 2013 1:48 PM

Feb 2013
Glad the triplet "arc" is over... next is all about izumiko and her becoming stronger and stuff, I guess. nice to see Izumiko's mom. When Sagara was commenting on how she's so cool, it would've been funny to see Izumiko become all jealous or something :P

I loved the Sagara wings they were epic >.<

SAGARA x IZUMIKO ahhh the romance is finally blossominggggg!! ^.^ EXCITEMENT!

Another slow episode for a slow show. Ah well, the sagara x izummiko romance is what I'm just waiting for, anyways. These slow episodes build up their relationships better. I think Sagara likes Izumiko. Seriously now though the show is starting to hint on it.

May 6, 2013 2:13 PM

Nov 2009
damn, if she likes boys like them then she has realllyyy bad taste. miyuki is a lot cuter.

and i wish she could ditch the Laura Ingalls look and keep her hair down. she looks more badass that way
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2013 2:39 PM
Oct 2012
aelove said:
damn, if she likes boys like them then she has realllyyy bad taste. miyuki is a lot cuter.

and i wish she could ditch the Laura Ingalls look and keep her hair down. she looks more badass that way

Not going to happen, there is a purpose keeping it bound up: it restricts the power of the god. This is why her braids burst when Himegami descends upon Izumiko. Much like Samson in the Bible, Hair in Japan contains a lot of spiritual power. This was why her trimming her bangs was such a big deal in the first episode.

Shaving one's head (for men) or cutting hair (for woman) is a means of apologizing in Japan. This is what happened to Watashi in Jinrui or that AKB48 member who was caught coming out of her boyfriend's apartment.
May 6, 2013 2:40 PM

Sep 2007
This show has been a real surprise find for me ... so glad I picked it up!

May 6, 2013 2:52 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Suzuhara: ah, you have wings
Sagara: It's just your imagination

Not sure why people are "happy this arc is over." Seems to me there was a awful lot of development of the two main characters here. - This all had to happen somehow. To me the way it was done was pretty interesting.

And that was a very interesting line of questioning he was giving Suzuhara at the end there ;)
May 6, 2013 4:09 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nice episode :O the thing with Manatsu/Masumi was resolved rather quickly, and wow, was it just me or did that kuroyuu ookami (or whatever it's called) really pretty? And definitely wasn't expecting Izumiko's mother to be so cool haha. I love all the Miyumiko scenes <3 Looks like someone's a little jealous at the end. I'm looking forward to what's next, probably the last arc since we're already so far into this anime. Btw, did Izumiko's seiyuu sing the ED this time? It sounded much nicer than the original :D
May 6, 2013 4:47 PM

Aug 2006
Woah I always skip the ending credits so I didn't notice Izumiko sang it this time. It sounds nice :)

Izumiko and Masumi look really good together and I'd totally ship them, but we all know who Izumiko is going to end up with.
May 6, 2013 4:56 PM

Jun 2008
So what was Manatsu's purpose in the end ? Was he just sad and wanted to get away from it all or ? Masumi said he didn't force him or anything but was he lying since they said he was trying to get away (the dragon thing). I don't understand if Masumi still exists and why he tried to break away or if it was even his fault...can somebody explain it to me ?

So Sagara and Wamiya join forces. That's cool.
And Izumiko's mom appears at last, out of nowhere (really) to save her by invoking Himegami. And then she goes away cause they can't stay close for very long (since they're both vessels).
May 6, 2013 5:25 PM

Aug 2011
Omfg, so much Miyuki x Izumiko shipservice, great. I loved this episode. Jeez, Manatsu's an idiot for thinking that way. I'm glad Mayura didn't do the typical thing and punch him on contact.

The end though. "Basically you like guys who look like Takayanagi, don't you?"

Why.

Miyuki.

Are.

You.

JEALOUS?

I'm glad to see the story (and the romance) is developing more. Can't wait for the next episode. I really love the ED though. I like both versions of it, but this one slightly better because her voice is just softer. Better than the OP (which I also like), imo. :3
May 6, 2013 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, did not expect Masumi to turn into that Dragon-like creature, or the goddess with Izumiko's mother, and those wings love em. Lol at the end, Miyuki.
May 6, 2013 8:19 PM
Jan 2013
Shiyumi said:
ArcanaTrace said:

Kuzuryuu Ookami-9 heads dragon, is an ancient god land that been sealed inside the Heavenly Rock. One of its head stay outside and had a dream where it was human and that is Masumi. That also why Masumi staying around Masumi able to staying around as divine spirit. When the rock was unsealed, the head awaken from it dream, return to it body, thus Masumi will disappear. In the end Kuzuryuu follow Himegami's words and return to the rock. One of the head stay outside and continue to dream. But since Masumi stay as himself by have both Mayuara and Manatsu thinking the same about him, so from now on it depend to them if they can still think of him as before.

Izumiko and her mother can't stay together because both of them are Himegami's vessel and Izumiko's mother can control her power but can not retain her for much longer. If they stay together, Himegami will leave for Izumiko sooner but Izumiko as you see, far to ready for this.

Shiyumi said:
Jonny_Mhl said:

That was Wamiya's wings. Wamiya give some of his power to Sagara. He want to follow Izumiko but can't take human from in Tokyo and Sagara want power to protect Izumiko so they join force. That why Sagara had also been expelled from the room by the purification dance in eps 7. Mayura's dad is a sharp person to relize there is something special about Sagara though that isn't his power.

Omg, srisly I find watching this series to be quite confusing at times... but thanks a lot for clarifying that!! Now it makes a whole lot sense overall (esp with the past episodes) !! :D
May 6, 2013 11:32 PM

Dec 2011
It feels like the scenes in this episode is either rushed or not properly ended.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2013 2:51 AM

May 2010
I support this couple now:D sagara x izumiko:P
May 7, 2013 2:52 AM

May 2010
The ending song was different in this episode..Well both versions are equally awesome:DDDDDDDDD
May 7, 2013 3:42 AM

Jan 2012
Sagara Miyuki said:
Basically, you like boys who look like Takayanagi, don't you?

*facepalm*

UtsukushiiYume said:

Why.

Miyuki.

Are.

You.

JEALOUS?

same thoughts xD
May 7, 2013 11:20 PM

Jun 2012
The end <3
May 8, 2013 8:17 AM
Mar 2013
pretty nice this one ...those wings ha ha
her mom was a surprise too
May 8, 2013 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The thing that saddens me most is the lack of strong scenes, and more action. The designs are very beautiful and the story remains mysterious! The relationship between the two lovebirds going to take off?
May 8, 2013 9:51 AM

Jul 2011
ofc he's jealous
May 8, 2013 12:36 PM

Feb 2012
The last few episodes were part of an arc? Well atleast they're finally done so we can advance the story. Compared to the last few episodes this wasn't so bad.
May 8, 2013 3:13 PM

Aug 2012
I enjoyed the arc as a whole, mostly because I really liked the idea that Mayura and Manatsu had to think of Masumi the same for him to keep his form, how hard on Mayura that was because of the boys' stronger bond, and ultimately the decision Manatsu faced.
May 8, 2013 4:49 PM

Mar 2012
I really liked how the conflict played out in this episode, and watching the powers of the different gods and spirits between each other is just fascinating to me. It definitely could have used some better pacing and build-up though. There are some elements and concepts in this series that are just so promising, but the execution can be rather questionable. But I'm really liking how the characters are shaping up, particularly our two leads.

I loved the alternate version of the ED in this episode, by the way.
May 9, 2013 2:16 AM

Jan 2013
Sadly the best part of this anime is the ED
May 9, 2013 7:58 AM

Jan 2008
UtsukushiiYume said:

"Basically you like guys who look like Takayanagi, don't you?"

LOL. This.

UtsukushiiYume said:

Why.

Miyuki.

Are.

You.

JEALOUS?

And this. I'm still grinning while typing here. I am loving the development between Miyuki and Izumiko. I'm really looking forward for the next episode. I used to wait for the hi-res version but seems I can no longer go back. :D

BTW, can anyone enlighten me how did Miyuki break into another layer/barrier, in following Izumiko where Manatsu is? Was it also with the helped of Wamiya? I know the wings was from Wamiya. So, does that mean their cooperation started from that scene already?
LieilaMay 9, 2013 8:09 AM
May 9, 2013 9:17 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Lieila said:
BTW, can anyone enlighten me how did Miyuki break into another layer/barrier, in following Izumiko where Manatsu is? Was it also with the helped of Wamiya?
It's not explicitly stated, but that's the implication.
May 9, 2013 11:12 AM

Sep 2012
The characters and the story are intriguing enough to me that during my travel last week I finally went to buy the full set of the RDG novels, all six volumes of them. In fact the last volume only came out a few months ago and so has only hardback edition. Slipping through it only got me a bit puzzled. The event in this episode concludes volume 3 of the novel and the anime series has only 12 episodes. 8 episodes for 3 volumes means that the anime will end at the middle of volume 5 which could be quite awkward as the real climax only starts with the School Festival from volume 5 (volume 4 is about the preparation work). Ending the anime right in the midst of the festival arc seems odd . Now I really wonder how the anime is going to end... Is it going to rush through the climactic festival part of the story?
symbvMay 9, 2013 12:14 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 9, 2013 4:31 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Now I really wonder how the anime is going to end... Is it going to rush through the climactic festival part of the story?
Maybe a second season???
May 10, 2013 11:22 AM

Oct 2011
Nice end to this arc! I love how Miyuki and Izumiko are getting closer to each other each episode. I hope Miyuki doesn't try to be like Takayanagi and Wamiya :')
May 10, 2013 11:26 AM

Mar 2013
Cratex said:
symbv said:
Now I really wonder how the anime is going to end... Is it going to rush through the climactic festival part of the story?
Maybe a second season???
Is that even possible? I like this show, but I just can't see it selling well in order for it to get the go-ahead unless it was already planned...
May 10, 2013 7:09 PM

Mar 2012
8 episodes in and still in development stage. I'm frankly surprised. I wonder how popular it is in Japan -- it doesn't feel like it's the type to garner huge sales and warrant a second season. Because this sure isn't getting a satisfactory ending in 4 episodes.
May 10, 2013 7:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
SummerYoung said:
Cratex said:
symbv said:
Maybe a second season???
Is that even possible? I like this show, but I just can't see it selling well in order for it to get the go-ahead unless it was already planned...
Well, no, that's not my point. My point was if the show's producers *plan* for a second season they don't have a particular need to 'wrap things up' with a first season final. Now, whether it sells well enough to justify a second season is a different matter entirely. But, just because the first season doesn't "sell" doesn't invalidate that the producers choose to not try to end the story at the end of the first season but instead plan to carry over to a second season.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

199 by KempachiZaraki »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:52 AM

» This anime was horrible

Olwen - Jun 16, 2013

33 by Warchiii »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

133 by Hanemiyakazutora »»
Dec 12, 2021 8:20 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

82 by Stardew »»
Jul 5, 2021 2:37 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

89 by Stardew »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.