Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
May 3, 2013 9:49 AM

Jun 2009
Sick of this Chihaya/Taichi pairing.. Actually since the very 1st episode of the season 1 I know that I will hate Taichi for the rest of my Life..That episode kinda gave a great impact on me and I just dont know why. maybe because the way he Bullied Arata. Oh that child arata is so humble and kind and F*** Taichi. " We should stand our ground " - Green Street Elites
May 3, 2013 10:01 AM

Dec 2012
Tachi cleaned up his act and became better he deserves to be with Chihaya but I still like Arata more and so does Chihya ( sorry Tachi your suffering will continue :/ )
tsudecimoMay 3, 2013 11:43 AM
May 3, 2013 11:37 AM

Feb 2009
I like Arata quite a bit... Although I still prefer Taichi big time. Sorry, but the guy really cleaned up his act since he was a kid (Are you the same person you were at that age? Then why judge Taichi solely by how he was when he was young?) and has shown some amazing growth.

But yeah, Arata is awesome too. This series has a wholely loveable cast, there really isn't anyone I dislike except Sumire.
May 19, 2013 1:13 AM

Jun 2011
Kipcha said:
I like Arata quite a bit... Although I still prefer Taichi big time. Sorry, but the guy really cleaned up his act since he was a kid (Are you the same person you were at that age? Then why judge Taichi solely by how he was when he was young?) and has shown some amazing growth.

But yeah, Arata is awesome too. This series has a wholely loveable cast, there really isn't anyone I dislike except Sumire.

Hey guess what? He still got himself a girlfriend even though he knew that he loves Chihaya and doesn't love his girlfriend. Guess what again? He is still a jealous freak even after he grows up, well I guess that's normal but, somehow I don't like that. There are a lot of characters from other series that was bad at first but turned good later that I liked, but not Taichi, why I wonder?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 3, 2013 2:02 AM
Mar 2012
I'd rather have Arata end up with Chihaya but not because of how Taichi was in the past or anything like that.

There's something mysterious about Arata that Taichi doesn't have, although that may be because he doesn't show up as much. Plus, I love his accent and his voice!
Jul 3, 2013 3:02 AM

Mar 2013
Natsu12345 said:
Hey guess what? He still got himself a girlfriend even though he knew that he loves Chihaya and doesn't love his girlfriend. Guess what again? He is still a jealous freak even after he grows up, well I guess that's normal but, somehow I don't like that.

To be fair, he was already going out with her before he realised Chihaya was in the same high school as him. I don't think he realised he had feelings for Chihaya until after that, when he started to spend time with her more regularly. The fact that he didn't seem to have strong feelings for his girlfriend and dumped her so abruptly, though, was a dick move in my opinion. As for being jealous, I guess he doesn't really have a right to since he hasn't even worked up the courage to confess to Chihaya, but at the same time I can understand his reasons for holding back. I'm not excusing any of his actions, but I also want to acknowledge the fact that he has always been there when Chihaya needed him, even during times he was hurt by her seemingly preferring Arata, and that in itself deserves recognition.

Getting back on topic though, I also really like Arata as a character. The only thing is, I hope we get to see his character develop beyond just being good at karuta. We know he is a karuta prodigy just like his grandfather, but that's about it at this point. His character just seems a bit flat at the moment, especially compared to Taichi's, and even though I'm a bigger fan of Taichi I am actually rooting for Arata to come back to Tokyo so we can see more of him and how he develops as a person, as well as how the dynamic between himself, Taichi and Chihaya will pan out.
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

Jul 3, 2013 4:20 AM

Jan 2012
Sorry but Arata x Shinobu all the way!
Jul 3, 2013 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
i'd like Arata to end up with Chiyaha but he's like a side character in this story.. plus he has the same visual look that Shinobu does and Chihaya is clearly paired by artstyle with Taichi.

Arata would be a better man for her as he's kind, humble and chihayafuru-balanced but there's just nothing to back it up except Chihaya's crush that she's only recently aware of and Arata's fond memories of them playing. Taichi just has an insurmountable lead in all that time they spent together.

The only chance this has of going anywhere else is for Shinobu to take an interest in Taichi or vice versa as Arata will most likely be gunning for Master Suo and Chihaya for the title of queen.
Jul 3, 2013 9:40 AM
Feb 2009
For Arata fans, enyoy this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LxrrzEO8p4
Jul 3, 2013 3:52 PM

Jul 2012
I thought this was a fan thread for Arata. Not ship wars!

Anyway, he's a cute BAMF and is too awesome at Karuta :D I love his bishie smiles and his interactions with Shinobu as well as Chihaya too.

ReasonDesu said:
Sorry but Arata x Shinobu all the way!

Same :)
Jul 22, 2013 12:33 PM
May 2012
If they could have just shown more of Arata maybe things will be different but no all we see is Taichi and how his character develops unlike Arata who barely shows up all I know about him is that he is good at playing karuta and that he is a nice guy nothing more.

Don't get me wrong I like Arata as a character but Taichi has always been there for Chihaya and they look good together I know sometimes Taichi is acting like a jerk but It can't be helped nobody is perfect. I just can't picture Arata and Chihaya together maybe Arata and Shinobu.
Oct 17, 2013 8:23 PM

Jun 2009
Natsu12345 said:
Kipcha said:

Hey guess what? He still got himself a girlfriend even though he knew that he loves Chihaya and doesn't love his girlfriend. Guess what again? He is still a jealous freak even after he grows up, well I guess that's normal but, somehow I don't like that. There are a lot of characters from other series

that was bad at first but turned good later that I liked, but not Taichi, why I wonder?

Lol this ! Exactly my thoughts,Ever since that ep 1 one I knew that I will never ever like taichi
Oct 17, 2013 8:30 PM

Jun 2009
Tengai said:
If they could have just shown more of Arata maybe things will be different but no all we see is Taichi and how his character develops unlike Arata who barely shows up all I know about him is that he is good at playing karuta and that he is a nice guy nothing more.

Don't get me wrong I like Arata as a character but Taichi has always been there for Chihaya and they look good together I know sometimes Taichi is acting like a jerk but It can't be helped nobody is perfect. I just can't picture Arata and Chihaya together maybe Arata and Shinobu.

Probably it will be different,I think the mangaka did that because look how many shipping ArataXChihaya.But Arata barely appears, I think it would be pretty one sided if he appears alot.But I will totally dig that lol.
Oct 19, 2013 1:49 AM

May 2009
You know a lot of people always keep saying that Taichi deserves Chihaya because he deserves it/loved her for a long time/has always been there beside her/because he's suffered/has more screentime/etc...etc..

It just doesn't work that way. You could love someone and work hard to win their affection but it will NEVER guarantee that they will see you in the same romantic light.
People always tend to root for the underdog but just because someone loves you, it doesn't mean that you are inclined to feel the same way.
steshinOct 19, 2013 1:55 AM
Oct 19, 2013 4:42 PM

Jul 2011
steshin said:
You know a lot of people always keep saying that Taichi deserves Chihaya because he deserves it/loved her for a long time/has always been there beside her/because he's suffered/has more screentime/etc...etc..

It just doesn't work that way. You could love someone and work hard to win their affection but it will NEVER guarantee that they will see you in the same romantic light.
People always tend to root for the underdog but just because someone loves you, it doesn't mean that you are inclined to feel the same way.

Totally agree!
Mar 17, 2016 5:50 AM

Feb 2015
I'm sorry but I have a question related to Arata. In season 1 episode two we see information that Arata eyesight without glasses is 0.03. What that means? He wears - or + ? How strong? I ship Arata & Chihaya :* Hope for season 3 and waaaay more of Arata and Shinobu. Especially history when they were younger. Also... Shinobu never wins with Arata right? Sorry 4 my English.

Regards

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.