Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 30, 2008 8:59 AM
Nov 2007
wakka9ca said:
preview of new OP.
Stereo Pony's Namida no Mukou.

Wow I don't really think it sounds that bad >___<.
Dec 30, 2008 2:11 PM

Mar 2008
kianbung said:
lol at more trans-am spamming.

i seriously laughed out loud when when allelujah said "trans am" in a too-serious tone literally seconds after i muttered the same thing after ptolemy was seemingly blasted to pieces.

I was more concerned about the fact that he said it, when trans-am was already running for quite some seconds. Normally they say it and then push a switch, but initiating it, flying a few kilometres and then saying it just for the sake of mentioning it in case some viewers could overlook that bright orange glow .... I thought it was pretty stupid.
Dec 30, 2008 7:41 PM

Sep 2008
Sweet episode! CB outpowers and outsmarts, finally.

If legos can do Star Wars, why not Gundam 00? I liked it.
Dec 30, 2008 8:28 PM

Oct 2008
because its tacky.
Dec 30, 2008 8:41 PM

Jul 2007
KrylonBlue said:
It as bad as Wings of Words from Gundam seed destiny.

Nothing gets THAT bad. Such a gay song can only happen ONCE in the universe, and that case has already happened.

Now for the upcomming op. Thats certainly not something I would listen on my free time, bu tit CAN work as an op, as long as visuals are fitting.

Zeta's OP2 was majestic. Stardust Memory's OP2 was great . Of course this song pales in comparison of those ones, but if the song is accompanied by similar style of visuals, it can work.
Dec 31, 2008 4:09 AM
Nov 2007
Fai said:
KrylonBlue said:
It as bad as Wings of Words from Gundam seed destiny.

Nothing gets THAT bad. Such a gay song can only happen ONCE in the universe, and that case has already happened.

Now for the upcoming op. Thats certainly not something I would listen on my free time, bu tit CAN work as an op, as long as visuals are fitting.

Replacing ''Bokutachi no Yukue'' for Wing of Words =__=

I'm also waiting for the new OP with the new animation *Crossing thumbs please show ''new'' Gundam in the OP >__<
Dec 31, 2008 10:37 AM
Nov 2008
awesome battle scenes..but they have so many characters and no time to portray them....lyle did a nice job...alle was...AGAIN..backup data..wtf??

WHAAAAT???WAIT UNTIL 11TH JANUARY FOR EP 14?? ..........
mel-himeDec 31, 2008 10:40 AM
Dec 31, 2008 5:07 PM

Dec 2008
wakka9ca said:

@KrylonBlue: well, I have seen much worse. If this is garbage, then there exists things much worse than garbage.... This OP is just a regular JPop song... nothing more, nothing less....You can't say it's bad, but it's not good (that may change once synchronized with the animation) Certainly, it cannot match Ash like Snow or even Daybreak's Bell....

Listening to the full version of Ash like snow can kill the song for you, but so far it was the best OP (excluding the PS2 game's milking of the opening).

Daybreak's Bell-wise, I was never a huge L'Arc en ciel fan because Hyde's voice was just too monotone in my opinion so Daybreak's Bell just didn't cut it for me as an Op and the current Op felt too long.

I actually like the new OP song and I think it could match Ash Like snow in terms of greatness.

Fai said:

Zeta's OP2 was majestic. Stardust Memory's OP2 was great . Of course this song pales in comparison of those ones, but if the song is accompanied by similar style of visuals, it can work.

Zeta's english OP1 wasn't all that bad. The Zeta's op 2 seemed more like a poke at the insert songs for Macross.

Jan 1, 2009 4:48 PM

Sep 2008
awsome epi
true thT looks like the death star in star war
so is nena helping only because she doesnñt like tha wang.ndjw
gundam 00 rocks
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 1, 2009 10:36 PM

Sep 2008
Good job luke you defeated the empire.. I mean lockon and I mean the A-Laws...

May the force be with you
Jan 2, 2009 10:28 PM

May 2008
wonder who the Hercules guy was..
Jan 3, 2009 1:46 AM

Oct 2008
the son of zeus.
Jan 3, 2009 6:16 AM

Jun 2008
I guess Nena is pissed w/ Wang Liu Mei.

Love the ending bit. Cool scene with all the gun shots and all and yay for teamwork!!
Jan 3, 2009 9:14 PM

Apr 2008
Good episode.
Jan 4, 2009 8:10 AM

Jul 2007
Turbe said:
Good job luke you defeated the empire.. I mean lockon and I mean the A-Laws...

May the force be with you

Lmao xD After watching this episode and coming back to read comments like this I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that xD

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Jan 7, 2009 4:54 AM
Dec 2008
Ali vs Lockon:
Ali:Do you know anything about your brother?Did Tieria tell you about him?
Lockon:He told me enough!He told me YOU killed him!
Ali:Then there is something I must reveal then!
*His face appears to be a mask.Ali takes it off ad he is revealed to be Neil*
Ali/Neil:I AM YOUR BROTHER!!!!!
Lyle Lockon:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now all we need is short green Aeolia Schenberg teaching Setsuna to use Twin Drive System and we are cool.
Jan 7, 2009 6:59 AM

Nov 2008
epic episode 5/5
why setsuna didn`t use the trans-am? he was afraid of becaming GN-particles again? lol
and how did he realise he could do that the first time, there is a "became GN-particles button" like the trans-am ones?
we still have to see
seravee´s 2nd head in action and GN-arch, if it is like 00-riser OMG add to that powerfull machine halleluja and it will be PWNGE!

nena´s ship is a kind of GN-fighter wich is used in scout missions(wikipedia)
i wonder if she still keeps his throne

gundam wars LOL i didnt notice, it is really a star wars copy(but better xD)

i wonder what is next,
direct strike to A-laws base?
let`s go get luise back from A-laws?
get veda back?(that would be nice, trial system :))

11 january? LOL i will have some time to DL other animes or maybe see the UC gundam age :P
Jan 7, 2009 2:07 PM

Feb 2008
I'm guessing he didn't use it because he didn't have to. The 00 was more than a match for Gadessa. And if Trans-Am were to suddenly time out, Ptolemy would've been in greater danger (as the 00 was protecting it).
Jan 8, 2009 7:56 AM

May 2008
doblefilo said:
maybe see the UC gundam age :P

You should do that.
Jan 9, 2009 7:54 PM

Feb 2008
Episode 14 - Nena is revealed to be daughter of Ali Al Sarshes. The way she acts reminds me so much of him.

Funny how Mizushima is sneaking in all these UC elements into the show.

Did anyone else find it strange that the background music was almost strictly from season one in this ep?

@DeltaPlus - Where's that Gundam from in your av may I ask?
Jan 10, 2009 8:24 AM

Mar 2008
I still hope something like this may be the next OP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unifpU2bQW8
Jan 14, 2009 10:51 AM

Apr 2007
Perposterone said:
Anyone else reminded of the movie Star Wars from this episode?

I did.

still epic, tho. lockon ftw.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jan 31, 2009 3:42 PM

Oct 2008
Another battle, another war.

The only way to ensure peace is to remove the troublemakers by force; otherwise that peace would only remain as one-sided belief. Otherwise, known as foolishness.

The way Kugi laughes sounds so scary... Then again, it makes me wonder how she sounds like when she is angry and upset. *shiver*
Apr 21, 2009 11:54 PM

Jul 2008
this definitely had a Star Wars feel to it, i can imagine the strategy meeting:
"okay so first proceed down the trench, i mean the orbital staion, while the turrets, i mean battle ships are firing at you. no missile, only lasers"
"why?"
"b/c... never mind just imagine hitting a womp rat, so only two meters"
"what the frack is a womp rat?"
"just shoot the darn thing".
also i didn't realize the cheribium had shields like that, don't think thats come up before
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 24, 2009 1:40 AM

Jan 2008
Haha, yeah so Star Wars. Good ep though.
Jul 11, 2009 5:17 PM

Nov 2008
I liked it.

Nena.<33333
Sep 6, 2010 10:05 AM

Sep 2009
This episode reminds me of Star Fox 64; therefore, it earns a 5/5.

...I guess I'm the only one who isn't reminded of Star Wars first. orz
Oct 9, 2010 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
That was definitely one of the best action sequences in the entire season. It was superb... And Star Warsy =D
Dec 26, 2010 9:13 AM

Feb 2010
Nena's huge crush on Setsuna finally pays off. Kinda cute, but I'm still in SetsunaxMarina ship! ^^
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Mar 19, 2011 10:09 AM
Nov 2010
So the plot device used to create a ridiculous forced drama in season 1 (yeah sorry this bitch is not even a character but a plot device) is helping Celestial Being... that's an interesting change.
May 5, 2011 10:48 PM

Sep 2009
kage-bunshin said:
also i didn't realize the cheribium had shields like that, don't think thats come up before

I'm thinking that it's the upgrade that they were talking about for it.

===

I loved the "trench" run.
It reminded me of the classic Air Combat mission. The one where you speed down a narrow tunnel to blow up stuff.
Sep 13, 2012 8:26 PM

Mar 2012
Seriously, saving Setsuna was the first thing Nenareally did this season. What else has she been this doing damn time?

Also, Lukeon Stratos!
Oct 11, 2012 8:56 PM

Dec 2008
Intense episode!
Apr 2, 2013 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
That's a space battle for you. :-D
Aug 1, 2013 9:57 PM

Mar 2013
EXCELLENT episode. Fantastic.
May 4, 2014 12:49 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Brilliant action stuff. Totally Star Wars inspired but when it's good, it's not a copy, its a homage!

I hate the Innovators so their cries of rage and frustration are delicious to me. But when is one actually going to die?

What's Nena's role here? I don't get her?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 4, 2014 2:18 PM

Feb 2013
That... is one of the best episodes in gundam history. Truly epic. Charge in, take the shot.
Aug 16, 2014 1:32 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was a shining example of why Celestial Being is not to be trifled with!

Setsuna is definitely, definitely improving as a pilot.

It was weird seeing Nena do something... heroic. Surely she has some alternative motive that'll reveal her despicable, sadistic nature once more.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 10, 2016 6:18 AM

Jul 2008
You're all clear Lock-On, now let's blow this thing and go home!

Now THAT was a Death Star run.
Feb 21, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2016
Woah! That's CB for you... 00 got an upgrade and now we have the trinity girl coming in. Great episode
Onei
May 24, 2016 7:19 PM

Apr 2016
Zadion said:
This episode was a shining example of why Celestial Being is not to be trifled with!

Setsuna is definitely, definitely improving as a pilot.

It was weird seeing Nena do something... heroic. Surely she has some alternative motive that'll reveal her despicable, sadistic nature once more.

Nah. Nena DID show signs of anger with the group she's in. Knowing her, she probably helped Celestial Being just to spite her superiors. That, and to say hi to"Setsuna-senpai". Honestly, that's who makes her less despicable than Saaches, Ribbons, or that blond guy from season 1 who yelled out "RRRRIIIBOOOONNS!" before exploding. She shows slivers of innocence and kindness, however small they may be. She's still a total psycho. Beautiful psycho, but psycho none the less...

So far, this is the only episode of the season I actually thoroughly enjoyed. This episode saved the show from becoming a 6. Or rather, Nena did. Odd..., then again, now that I've seen the entire series, a few days after this comment's original post, sorry, actually ended up with a 5.
CodeBlazeFateMay 29, 2016 10:57 AM
Sep 12, 2018 9:39 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Thanks to Nena for the information, they were able to get rid of Mementos Mori. Twas brief that we have known the satellite weapon. Nena is still not forgiven for what she did in season one though. She didn't even send that info to CB out of the goodness for her heart or because she thought that was a weapon that should be destroyed. She did because she found out that Liu Mei was also working with Ali, the guy who killed her brothers.

The plan definitely wasn't anything incredible, but it worked. It did require the right timing for everything, given the time limit of Trans-Am system, so props to Sumeragi for that. Last season, I thought the Gundam Meisters were chosen for possible innate talent/ability to pilot Gundams. This season, I think differently. Perhaps it was solely for their attitude about war, and their pasts relating to war. That would make sense why they must rely on Gundams, the technology, to win everything. That's technically more realistic, because the best pilots probably don't all share the same sentiments as CB. It's clear that Setsuna and co. aren't the best mobile suit pilots, they only win, or almost win their battles due to their Gundam and the Trans-Am system. It's more interesting that way, than great pilots in OP Gundam units.
Aug 14, 2019 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
I thought it was funny when it came time for Lockon Stratos to fire that the target was perfectly exposed xD

Other than that I thought it was an awesome episode and it seemed we finally got a flawless plan and execution of the mission.

The part at the end about the bright lights being a far-off battle was a good Gundam-y touch I thought...
Feb 21, 2022 2:20 AM

Oct 2013
I should complain about the episode being entirely used for a battle, but the action was just too good. 00 is probably the main Gundam series with the best space fights.
Mar 12, 2023 4:43 AM

Jul 2016
Celestial Being using everything they have to their absolute limit was awesome.

Also, I'm dying to to see how Louise would react from meeting Nena after finding out what she did.
Jan 11, 3:52 AM

Jul 2017
This was one of the most intense battles i've seen in a while, i loved the way celestial being destroyed the memento mori,thanks to the help of Nena.
I think she helped them only to go against Wang Liu mei and not for her kindness (she isn't kind), but she was surely useful.
I also like the fact that the earth soldiers are starting to question the A Laws methods, and that's normal for allelujah to have less screentime, he was the main focus for like, 4 episodes earlier.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Feb 29, 2:32 AM
Dec 2019
I think this is the first battle that I really enjoyed in this whole series. Having a clear strategic objective beyond "Smash as many generic bad guys as possible" or "Run away from one of the named villains" does a lot to make the action interesting regardless of the specific quality of the fight. Plus its always good to see an annoying mid-tier bad guy get taken down.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.