Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 3 Discussion

Feb 22, 2007 8:13 PM

To be honest not very impressive, still as slow and flashbackfilled as ever.

That fight was straight out boring to be honest, we've seen it before, just slightly different and the animation is poor imo

Feb 22, 2007 8:45 PM

Well you all know how much I love flashbacks :(. Yeah, this episode sucked! Yeah, that fight was nonsense. Yes I get it that it is showing the fact that Naruto and Sakura have grown up and have conquered some of their flaws. But honestly, I was expecting Naruto to be super strong, but boy was I disappointed (well, unless he was just playing around the entire time). But thankfully the next episode is a Gaara fight episode! So I'm looking forward to that. Again, like what I said before I really want to see all of the other characters' new appearances. I'm getting really aggravated that we've only seen Shikamaru and Temari's aged appearances.

Feb 22, 2007 10:23 PM
pretty decent, too much flashbacks though.. looking forward for next episode ^^

Feb 23, 2007 12:00 AM
Site Administrator
Overlord

This episode was TERRIBLE. Absolutely TERRIBLE. Zanmato, read the manga. Naruto is FAR cooler in it. If I remember correctly, half of the fight they just showed us was complete BS and not in the manga.

Flash backs suck, they took up about 5 minutes I think.

Feb 23, 2007 2:21 AM

i knew this was gonna happen. Instead of fillers they are just going to slow down every episode

Feb 23, 2007 3:45 AM

It was ok. Nothing more that I really expected. Im half tempted to read the manga though I dont want to end up like I did with Bleach and stop watching and reading it.

I am looking forward to Gaara's fighting.

Feb 23, 2007 8:03 AM

He still needs that clone for his rasengan, thought he would be better than that... An if it gets any slower now, it'll be going bacwards. I guess Narutos fight will be over in two more eps. Any other guesses? :P

Feb 23, 2007 8:05 AM

Yea, when i saw him still using a clone for rasengang i was like "god..... no..."

Feb 23, 2007 8:07 AM

But I'm really looking forward to Gaaras fight! Why? 'Cause he's the quiet type :)

Feb 24, 2007 9:14 AM

Im more intrested in the Kakashi fight (even though I read it) I just want to see how kakoi N&S look

Feb 24, 2007 11:53 AM

The log returned!!!

Feb 24, 2007 1:09 PM

boring episode

but looking forward for the gara fight in the next ep

Feb 24, 2007 5:59 PM
Site Administrator
Overlord

GruLen said:

The log returned!!!

Rofl, I just realized what you meant by that. :D

Feb 26, 2007 12:27 AM

I think these first few eps they're gonna go for the nostalgic angle first, then they'll dive straight into the action. At least...I hope this is the case.

Anyway even though Naruto obviously improved a lot, it wouldnt make sense that only after 3 years he's already better than Kakashi. Kakashi's one of the village's top ninjas (according to the end of the ep), so it's like...too much to beat him alone obviously.

but yea, still needing help for rasengan, tat was lame.

Jun 11, 2008 6:02 AM

It was obvious they tried to make Shippuuden an improvement of Naruto, but they failed (obvioulsy too many flashbacks and too many unnecessary 'action' scenes of Deidara just flying around - they thought they were making a movie or sth!)

Oct 13, 2008 1:55 PM

puedjies said:
It was obvious they tried to make Shippuuden an improvement of Naruto, but they failed (obvioulsy too many flashbacks and too many unnecessary 'action' scenes of Deidara just flying around

I agree~~
I thought they would start Shippuden off with a bang - but the only thing that was good were the first 5 minutes of the first episode... It's kind of sad actually :(

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-

Dec 26, 2008 5:44 PM
So slow. What the heck happened in this episode. I'll tell you. Nothing. All it was were flashback and a lot of talking. It has to pick up speed if it's going to keep me interested.

Sep 1, 2009 2:33 AM

I liked it and I think i will really enjoy Gaaras fight.

Nov 23, 2009 4:18 AM

Jiraiya's words of the 2nd Tsunade lol

I can't get over with this so called technique haha "A 1k yrs of pain'

Oh i just remember back in Naruto season 1 the bell test.. so that's why Naruto had a diarrhea lols
Modified by Zinvinz, Nov 23, 2009 4:24 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Apr 5, 2010 7:35 PM

Haha, the 2 dangerous types of attacks that Kakashi was about to get.

First one: Sakura's punch.

Second One: Thousand Years of Pain from Naruto. XD

Gaara's fight up next. :3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

Aug 3, 2010 10:33 AM
Anitnelav said:
Haha, the 2 dangerous types of attacks that Kakashi was about to get.

First one: Sakura's punch.

Second One: Thousand Years of Pain from Naruto. XD

Gaara's fight up next. :3

^^^
agree

Apr 30, 2011 3:25 AM

If this episode showcased anything, it's that Sakura and Naruto are completely different beasts now. Sakura, in particular, was cool.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Apr 30, 2011 3:53 AM

insan3soldiern said:
If this episode showcased anything, it's that Sakura and Naruto are completely different beasts now. Sakura, in particular, was cool.
Sakura is just insane, just watch the level of opponents she will be facing later...

Feb 23, 2012 1:45 AM

It was awesome. Sakura and Naruto have grown so differently, yet they're mostly the same. I like how "growing up" is portrayed here, it's not just "I'm taller and know a few more techniques".

But what I'm more interested in is new awesome characters, Shippuden just barely started and I've already found another pretty cool character:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jul 5, 2012 1:51 AM

I liked this!! I remember one time accidently watching this episode. (don't ask me how)
But yeah watching all those fillers was totally worth it!

Sep 14, 2012 11:46 AM

Well it was alright, but did anyone else's jaws dropped when they saw sakura hit the ground with that amazing strength. lol
well mine sure did! my, has she grown! and become stronger. I wonder what else she has mastered!

And well naruto..umm..he is the same as before, he hasn't shown his progress. still as immature and annoying. We've seen temari and shikamaru, as same as always. and yeah they'll surely be a couple!

I want to see the rest of the crew from the leaf village. Hinata, Tenten, Lee, Neji, Kiba, Shino, Ino and Choji.

Jul 5, 2013 12:14 AM

I like Gaara and the Akatsuki guy, so I don't mind who wins or loses in this next fight.

Feb 14, 2014 8:23 AM
Very slow episode.

Aug 17, 2014 11:22 AM

Epic
These were made by my awesomely cool friend illmadz :

Aug 27, 2014 5:51 PM

So during the test where Naruto is supposed to take the bells from Kakashi, the first time Kakashi truly loses sight of him and says, "Where's the real one?" Naruto screams, "I'm right here!" while he's still a hundred feet away, giving Kakashi the time to dodge his attack, but somehow he's gotten wiser?
Modified by Winter_Fox_Tami, Sep 14, 2014 12:32 AM

Sep 5, 2014 1:32 PM
Deidara vs. Gaara
This is going to be awesome!! Also, as you can see, Deidara and Michael Bay are bestfriends. They both love explosions.
It's kinda sad to see Naruto and Sakura doing the bell test without Sasuke. Kakashi shouldn't have avoided that "Thousand years of pain" ahahaha.
Well, I can understand why some people here are complaining, but I don't mind the pacing.
I, actually, didn't know back then that they are showing clips after the preview :O
That's it. Time to sleep already. I shall continue this later~

Oct 12, 2014 1:19 PM

I am a bit disappointed with Naruto's skills, I thought he would already be able to beat Kakashi on a direct battle!

May 16, 2015 5:25 PM

MoonXArtemis said:
Well it was alright, but did anyone else's jaws dropped when they saw sakura hit the ground with that amazing strength. lol
well mine sure did! my, has she grown! and become stronger. I wonder what else she has mastered!

And well naruto..umm..he is the same as before, he hasn't shown his progress. still as immature and annoying. We've seen temari and shikamaru, as same as always. and yeah they'll surely be a couple!

I want to see the rest of the crew from the leaf village. Hinata, Tenten, Lee, Neji, Kiba, Shino, Ino and Choji.

Yes I did, Sakura has really grown! I'm rewatching though so this time I expected it.

Jun 16, 2015 12:45 PM

The switches between Team 7 and Deidara are kind of awkward, but hey you've gotta keep the viewer on their toes. I liked the use of flashbacks in this episode, since they really put into perspective the level of character development. Sakura is no longer incredibly useless, and Naruto isn't just a misunderstood prankster like the beginning of the series. I just hope these flashbacks aren't overdone to the point where it's unnecessary.
"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~Lelouch Lamperouge

Apr 13, 2017 8:30 AM

I very much enjoyed this episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

May 12, 1:51 PM
So is Sakura just going to be Tsunade 2.0 then? She must be able to tell the real Naruto from all the clones otherwise she has been attacking her partner quite a few times.

Preview MangaManga Store