Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 2, 2013 10:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, Airi is funny to watch.

I like the Hibiki's demon which happens to resemble a Phoenix. Episode felt kinda meh for me though. Oh shit, that's one ferocious demon at the end there. Look at that intense fire :o
Stark700May 2, 2013 11:26 AM
May 2, 2013 11:41 AM
Feb 2013
Loved Yamato's reaction to it saying Hibiki is a friend xD

Average episode overall, though nice to see Io taking the lead in getting to Hibiki since Daichi is pathetic. Liking Hibiki's new demon, as well as Yamato's. Hopefully things will pick up next episode.
May 2, 2013 11:43 AM

Nov 2011
May 2, 2013 11:49 AM
Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
HHHHHHGGGG

So cute :3

Her reactions to Jungo were also great, especially the punch when he tried to get some food off her mouth :p
May 2, 2013 11:52 AM

May 2012
like the new duo character..
this ep is a little bit confusing..
dont know which one is the bad guy..

May 2, 2013 12:03 PM

Mar 2013
Nice improvement over the first 4 episodes, or at least not as ridiculous as it used to be. Also, this show is so much better when it's not trying to channel Evangelion.

I wish Jungo and Airi were the main characters because it seems to me they'd make much more interesting leads. I wanted to like Hibiki but he's just too... bland. And it looks like he's going to be stuck in the emo hero-complex archetype for the rest of the show. Come to think of it, anyone would be better than Hibiki.

lol at tentacle bunny ears
May 2, 2013 12:03 PM

Apr 2013
Chibi Yamatooo :3
May 2, 2013 12:06 PM

Mar 2013
It would be weird if MC really gonna summon all of the four beasts since Genbu is a a lot weaker than the other 3 while Seiryu is weaker than Suzaku and Byakko.

And why did he have to put on the rabbit hood....Now I just can't take any of this seriously....
May 2, 2013 12:09 PM

Mar 2013
SummerYoung said:
Come to think of it, anyone would be better than Hibiki.

Nope,he's still far better than that emo hero-complex one,even a monkey is better than Ronaldo.
May 2, 2013 12:23 PM

Mar 2013
zakkun89 said:
SummerYoung said:
Come to think of it, anyone would be better than Hibiki.

Nope,he's still far better than that emo hero-complex one,even a monkey is better than Ronaldo.

True enough. All that "equality" crap he spewed was bashed over our heads so many times (everyone is equal and we're all gonna fight for that and it's gonna be laughter and rainbows and unicorns by the end hurr de hurr). Wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to have an agenda though.

I want a spinoff with Airi/Jungo as the leads.
May 2, 2013 12:33 PM

Aug 2010
Airi and Jungo are really likable XD
Hope we get to see more of them.

Hibiki already got another OP demon? I wonder why he keeps getting the good stuff XD

Lol'd at Yamato's reaction to Hibiki being a friend hahaha.

Well Ronaldo and his group seems like nice guys. Leat's see what will happen to them nxt ep.
May 2, 2013 12:35 PM

Jun 2012
Airi = Pouty red-head with bright personality voiced by Kana Asumi - > Confirmed for best girl

Damn Hibiki really hardened(possible brooding emo depending on point of view?) after the mayhem from the last couple of episodes and why the hell does he have rabbit ears integrated into his fashion now lol? He looks like a complete doucher now. Feels like Hibiki is just being manipulated by Ronaldo not that he can't be good but it seemed like Ronaldo just waited until Hibiki was at his lowest to get him to oppose Yamato. Difficult to tell right now who is "good" or "bad". Ronaldo's resolve is a little too by the books so it's hard for me to sympathize with him.

Yamato is still turning out to be one of the more engrossing characters in the show so I can't wait to see where he goes from here
HybridMBLMay 2, 2013 12:53 PM
May 2, 2013 12:59 PM

Jul 2010
Airi is so cute and Asumi, Kana's voice fits her well.
May 2, 2013 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
Not sure what I was expecting from that flashback, but having a five-year old Yamato watch a bunch of people burn up in front of him without any reaction was not it. I knew the Hotsuins were a pretty messed up family but to raise a kid to act like that at that age is kind of... yeah. I'm still not sure if I like what the anime's doing with him; on one hand, they've got his basic ideals down, but on the other hand they're kind of... exaggerated, I guess. Ah well, just gotta wait and see what happens in the rest of the episodes.

It seems a little weird having Hibiki go along with Ronaldo so easily. I can see why the idea of organization where everyone mattered would be appealing after watching all those JP's die in the last episode, but a lot of them died because Hibiki tried to save them all without thinking about how that would work, kind of like what Ronnie's planning here.
As far as Ronnie goes, wow man, he got a major bump up in his detective skills in the anime finding out about Yamato's master plan that early on.

Otherwise, Airi and Jungo were cute. I kind of doubt the anime'll bother with Jungo (cat), so seeing all those cats around them was nice. I hope that advice Airi gave Jungo doesn't get him into trouble down the line, though.
Joe was cool too. It's a shame what happened to his girlfriend, though. I wonder if it happened the same way; if so, he could have a good chat with Hibiki about dealing with guilt and learning from it.
And Alcor continues to be pretty awesome other than the whole weirdness about his name. His reaction to chess was great.

I think I liked this episode. Probably. It kind of depends on what the rest of the anime does, though.

Hybridbloodszak said:

Damn Hibiki really hardened(possible brooding emo depending on point of view?) after the mayhem from the last couple of episodes and why the hell does he have rabbit ears integrated into his fashion now lol? He looks like a complete doucher now.
Well he always had the rabbit hoodie. And it apparently has headphones in it, so maybe he just really needed to listen to something after the last episode. ...It did look silly, though. There's just no way to make him look menacing in that hoodie, not when burning Legions to the ground with Suzaku, or walking next to Ronaldo with that serious expression, just nope.
May 2, 2013 1:18 PM
Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, Airi is funny to watch.

I like the Hibiki's demon which happens to resemble a Phoenix. Episode felt kinda meh for me though. Oh shit, that's one ferocious demon at the end there. Look at that intense fire :o

ah, don't need to put "Beyond this episode" since the manga's way left behind the anime, even if the latest chapter's released now...

haven't watch the episode, but seeing Jungo and Airi likeable, at least i still have a hope in waithing this anime lol :P

SummerYoung said:
Nice improvement over the first 4 episodes, or at least not as ridiculous as it used to be. Also, this show is so much better when it's not trying to channel Evangelion.

I wish Jungo and Airi were the main characters because it seems to me they'd make much more interesting leads. I wanted to like Hibiki but he's just too... bland. And it looks like he's going to be stuck in the emo hero-complex archetype for the rest of the show. Come to think of it, anyone would be better than Hibiki.

lol at tentacle bunny ears

... i think i shouldn't say something so vital regaring Jungo and Airi....

and for hibiki:
trying to scare someone in that hoodie, mister? :P
of all the situation, why need to put that hoodie now? =.=
May 2, 2013 1:29 PM

Feb 2008
Yamato got a friend death clip as well and it was registered as Hibiki.
If they don't do anything now he would become dead like the other person in a few episodes again.

Yeah Hibiki actually looks kind of manipulation.

No preview!?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 2, 2013 1:30 PM

May 2010
I know it's nit picking but...

wasnt CERBERUS supposed to have 3 heads? so wtf!
why name it like that if it has nothing todo with cerberus..were they out of cool names or what ?^^

2/5 really not much value in this one.
May 2, 2013 1:30 PM
Jan 2013
Seriously That ENDING song went sooooo GOOD with the Ending <3
May 2, 2013 1:41 PM

Nov 2012
Kerozinn said:

why name it like that if it has nothing todo with cerberus..were they out of cool names or what ?^^

Wrong,cerberus is showed most of times with 3 heads in most of games/animes/et,but hes appareance can vary,,he can have 1 or 3 heads and other things,in the greek mythology his form always changed from myth to myth so saying that cerberus isn't cerberus because he must have 3 heads its wrong.

Liked it,i was having a bad day at all Airi makes me smiles and THAT is coming :3

Dark emo hibiki style lulz
May 2, 2013 1:44 PM
Jan 2013
Blackbird said:
Yamato got a friend death clip as well and it was registered as Hibiki.
If they don't do anything now he would become dead like the other person in a few episodes again.

Yeah Hibiki actually looks kind of manipulation.

No preview!?

Hibiki won't die 'cuz he's the main character, so maybe this time the death clip will be prevented. but, another person's life will be the exchange....

notice somthing, hibiki will be killed by the Septentrione?

HerosLight said:
Daichi always gets the weak demons, but somehow he is useful for something, lol.

Jungo and Airi are pretty cool, I have still yet to see why Jungo is liked by many people. Kinda sad there is no preview.

Decent episode though, 4/5.

i like him because in game he names his cat "Jungo"...
and the fact that he refers himself as the third-person in this is also amusing somehow...
dex_dashMay 2, 2013 1:54 PM
May 2, 2013 2:16 PM

Mar 2013
Kerozinn said:

Because they didn't design him by following the Greek myth tradition.In other various myth,Cerberus can have from 1-50 heads.
May 2, 2013 2:17 PM
Aug 2011
Honestly I loved the first episode but after that I haven't been liking it.

I even zoned out a little bit there at the end because it was failing to grab my attention. Meh.
May 2, 2013 2:34 PM

Apr 2012
Kerozinn said:

2/5 really not much value in this one.

There is a reason for this in the SMT series.

In the very first source material's storyline, Megami Tensei, Cerberus was summoned by fusing its spirit with the main character's pet dog. This was the reason why the main character could control such a powerful demon. Due to fusing with the pet dog it only had one head, essentially turning the normal dog into a powerful creature. It retained its loyalty to its owner, whereas normally powerful demons would kill weak summoners. In subsequent games Cerberus was a series tradition of a super powerful creature that somehow joins or helps you out early in the game, to let players crush enemies effortlessly while getting used to the game (he'd leave after a while due to plot reasons and possibly rejoin once you are around level 50). Normally you cannot control demons with a level higher than yours.

Interestingly, Byakko seems to take this kind of role in the anime, so it'd be interesting to see the two square off. Byakko is level 53 and Cerberus is level 58, so it'd be a fairly even match.

May 2, 2013 2:57 PM

Nov 2007
To Nagoya. The guy is in resistance team, who the leader hates the guy who leads the gov. (Ogata-san is the young him!! That's why he knows Sakurai-san's character)

5 more?

Asumi-san and NamiDai! It seems like they are not in neither teams?

Sawashiro-san's character with death flag?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 2, 2013 2:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
HerosLight said:
Daichi always gets the weak demons, but somehow he is useful for something, lol.

Haha yeah, poor Daichi, I love how he asks "why are my demons so weak?!?"

This episode was better than the last one since there's more talking and we actually get more information. Still not sure which side is better, Yamato's or Ronaldo's?
May 2, 2013 3:02 PM
Feb 2012
Like how the anime shows it isn't really Yamato's fault for the way he is and I just loved the scene before the ed song XD
Yamato's just like wait a minute... I have friends? Say whaaaaaaa- XD
May 2, 2013 3:13 PM

Jan 2013
I liked it...I didn't know what to expect when I saw a little Yamato in the trailers, the scene was done right but I think they exaggerated his upbringing a bit.
Cerberus is so awesome, he's one of my favourite demons in the game.
I can't take Hibiki seriously anymore, blame the hoodie, the fact that he is too OP and Hiroshi Kamiya sounds weird, specially when he shouts.
Please understand.
May 2, 2013 3:27 PM

Jul 2012
Decent overall, a bit better, but nothing great.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

May 2, 2013 3:30 PM

Feb 2012
Come on Hibiki man please take off that rabbit thing from your head, it doesn't suit you at all.

Yamato = boss.
May 2, 2013 3:31 PM

May 2010
Finally Jungo, Airi, Joe, & Otome make their appearances! I honesty like this episode better than last week's, I hope it stays like that, better episodes by the week.

I can't take Hibiki seriously anymore with that bunny hoodie. I'm really curious if they'll actually make him fight Phecda the next Septentrione like that.
May 2, 2013 3:38 PM

Sep 2012
Jungo, Airi, Otome and Joe <3333333333333
Daichi needs to power-up

I still think this show will become 2-cour or have a second season.
May 2, 2013 3:52 PM

Feb 2011
Airi ? Nyarko ?
May 2, 2013 4:05 PM
Oct 2009
Jungo and Airi were cute, so I'm eager to seeing what they'll do.

Also, Yamato is so cool *drool*
May 2, 2013 4:38 PM

Feb 2013
It was a pretty slow episode, just a lot of talking and meeting new people. Those two new people kinda interested me as to who they were and what they were doing... They're WITH JP right? because I heard them say "why do we have to cooperate with JP?" So it must mean they're with them... AH I don't know anymore \(@.@)/

Nice to see a little of Yamato's past. Sad how the people around him put him in that typical isolated life as a rich kid, and denied him having that food like the kid was at the stand.

May 2, 2013 5:51 PM

Nov 2011
Yamato make Cerberus his bitch with no effort. LOL at his reaction when he got a death clip of a 'friend".

Seems like Hibiki will have the Four Gods as his demons, Genbu, Byakko, Seiryû and Suzaku.

May 2, 2013 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
Eugeo said:
Stark700 said:
HHHHHHGGGG

So cute :3

^^ liking those two already and that sassy nurse only afraid we won't get much char development for them :(
May 2, 2013 6:14 PM

Jan 2008
I kinda felt like they skipped all the (important) character intros and went straight to them already being acquainted...I'm glad they at least kept the part where Io bursts out of the cardboard box like the cardboard box gundam cosplayer.
May 2, 2013 6:47 PM

Jan 2010
I do not know what to think of this episode, I liked it, but honestly, even those who have not played the game can see the brisk pace is a shame if this anime had at least 24 episodes, could become epic, do not know why studios have the audacity to take good deeds to make adjustments with few weak episodes, the same occurs with great visual novels, as MAJIKOI and Mashiro Iro Symphony, so that the latter could not totally lose brightness, but I see Devil Survivor and overshadowed, the characters are great, but what was this presentation (?) Seriously, Joe appearing out of nowhere, Airi ditto, can not imagine why so much hurry, not in the presentation of the characters, which for me would be crucial, hey, the story itself revolves around the characters, the flashbacks were too fast, despite having shown something relevant to the climate that was not damaged, but hopefully reduce this absurd pace until the end!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
May 2, 2013 7:09 PM

Sep 2011
Interesting episode. I think it was decent
May 2, 2013 7:16 PM

Sep 2007
LOL at the reference/nod to "Operation Box" from the game XD XD XD

Woooot, Jungo's voice is awesome here. Joe's though was a tad deeper than I thought it would be o___o

YES! Hibiki's got Suzaku now! WOOT! Though though don't go into "how"

Arg...I guess they're going for him getting all the directional god/demons (though Genbu sucks in my opinion...but seeing an animated Seiryu would be awesome)
IkanoMay 2, 2013 7:21 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 2, 2013 10:27 PM
Jul 2018
Dammit Hibiki, why you gotta wear that rabbit ear hoodie? It's ridiculous.

Entire series feels like a mix of Evangelion and Digimon but it's enjoyable enough for what it is so far anyways.
May 2, 2013 11:30 PM

Apr 2013
It's already episode 5... I don't know if they're keeping Daichi as only the friend of the MC who gets all the weak demons and serves as the comedic character or if they have some bigger purpose for him... well at least he's alive

Junko and Airi are too cute together :D especially Airi... he's like a child :3

Cerberus huh? cool! but Yamato's still a bitchy brat... and that feeling about him only deepened upon seeing his childhood

Hibiki and that Usagi Hood... I don't think they should've done that with that serious atmosphere... really it only made the part about Suzaku and killing those demons somewhat flippant
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
May 2, 2013 11:50 PM

Oct 2009
zakkun89 said:
It would be weird if MC really gonna summon all of the four beasts since Genbu is a a lot weaker than the other 3 while Seiryu is weaker than Suzaku and Byakko.

And why did he have to put on the rabbit hood....Now I just can't take any of this seriously....

Well, Seiryuu's quite good on electric attack, Byakko's on phys att, and Suzaku on fire att.

I recall I don't ever use genbu for battle... Well, at least genbu is a good fushionable demon (lol)!
Hibiki looks totally adorable!

HerosLight said:

Jungo and Airi are pretty cool, I have still yet to see why Jungo is liked by many people. Kinda sad there is no preview..

Yeah, I wonder if he'll get a stronger demons, at least Io will get you know what...
Oh so there really is no preview, I thought it's Hadena's fault. Thanks XD

dex_dash said:

notice somthing, hibiki will be killed by the Septentrione?

I don't think it's one of the septentriones though.
Or... is it?
Anyways, new demon with Ice+ attribute... mmm...
Oohoshi_AwaiMay 3, 2013 12:30 AM
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
May 3, 2013 12:50 AM

Feb 2010
Well this was actually better than previous episodes. I liked alcor-yamato scene at the end.

Yamato flashback was ok, though the cerberus part was a bit exaggerated, but it does fit him i guess.
May 3, 2013 2:31 AM

Jun 2011
ok ep. the ending was good tho.
May 3, 2013 2:44 AM

Sep 2012
first its Byakko and now its Suzaku...

love it...

and that Cerberus of Hotsuin so badass...

xD
May 3, 2013 2:56 AM

Mar 2013
Oohoshi_Awai said:
zakkun89 said:

Well, Seiryuu's quite good on electric attack, Byakko's on phys att, and Suzaku on fire att.

They have been using Byakko for all of the elec attack though,Seiryu will just be another Byakko clone if he appeared.
And well,MC supposed to get stronger as story process so if he get Genbu and Seiryu later that would mean he actually get weaker lol

As for Daichi,I wonder why he didn't fuse his 2 demons already LOL
May 3, 2013 3:07 AM

Sep 2008
zakkun89 said:

As for Daichi,I wonder why he didn't fuse his 2 demons already LOL

Maybe he didn't notice fusion icon on his cell phone? When they've shown his cell phone it was there, so fusions are possible.

As for the episode, it was fine, I just don't like rabbit ears Hibiki now has, just looks silly in an anime where people die left and right.
May 3, 2013 3:42 AM

Feb 2009
I'm really not liking this adaptation very much. They are really leaving out a lot of the fun and more lighthearted bits in the game to make it darker and since it's not a game where you have to actually level your characters and demons, etc but an anime they seem to have decided it's a great idea to heavily play up Bunny as SOOPER STRONG CHOSEN ONE. Also, the anime OST does not live up to the game OST.

I wanted to see some of these dialog choices animated, too:
JOHJMay 3, 2013 5:22 AM
May 3, 2013 3:51 AM

Sep 2011
Okay episode. So Hibiki has two demons now and both are equally strong in terms of everything, let me guess he's going to get 4 demons or some shit lmao.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

259 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 12:07 PM

» Time Loop Theory (Game Spoilers)

Kaiser-chan - Jun 4, 2013

3 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

180 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

184 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

134 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.