Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 3, 2013 3:43 AM

Jan 2011
werlwend said:
It's sad that i can relate to what he said at the end of the episode

Yes, me too.
May 3, 2013 3:55 AM

Apr 2013
"If you're nice to me, you're nice to others. A highly-trained loner is once bitten, twice shy."

ouch.. that totally had on impact on me T_T

I'm a girl so... "... that's why I'll always hate nice boys"
Turned-down Sparkliiies XD

He was, for some people, being a jerk but I don't hate him for doing it.

HidoiSanMay 3, 2013 4:25 AM
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
May 3, 2013 4:10 AM

Feb 2013
Wahh the feels ;-; Poor Hachiman, he totally just pushed Yui away from him, and now he's all alone again... the poor kid :( I really hope to see him come to put his trust in others and learn to fall in love again

Yukino: Nyan~
May 3, 2013 4:17 AM

Oct 2012
Looks like this series heading in a different direction than I thought it would, which is only good news to me.
May 3, 2013 4:26 AM

Aug 2011
I love this show.
May 3, 2013 4:32 AM

Dec 2012
This just keeps getting better and better and now there is even some drama in the mix I love it :3 .
It pains me to know this isn't a 2-cour series :/ hope this and the novel sell well in the future to have another season.
May 3, 2013 5:20 AM

Sep 2011
I am surprised how Hikigaya still tolerates all those jabs from Yukino. Though I realize it's all for sake of humour, it doesn't make show much funnier, nor does it make her any cuter, lol. So, I hope chances of romance between them would be reduced to zero. Well, the last part was truthful, but not really helpful, for Hachiman at least.
May 3, 2013 6:01 AM

Oct 2012
What a good episode, looks like something is going on with hikki and yui

Have to wait and see
May 3, 2013 6:14 AM

Jan 2012
Even tho Yui probably doesn't hang out with him cause he saved her dog, its understandable why he would respond that way to finding out. I think we wouldn't have this misunderstanding if Yui told him earlier that he saved her dog.
May 3, 2013 6:18 AM

Sep 2011
The most epic on this episode is the last part but I feel sorry for Yui.

So I guess and I hope the next future episodes won't be about solving every students' problems anymore.

May 3, 2013 6:33 AM

Jul 2011
that Hikki's monologue at the end was just perfect.
講廢話,被撞到.
May 3, 2013 6:36 AM

Feb 2013
Tennouji_ said:
The most epic on this episode is the last part but I feel sorry for Yui.

I actually don't know especially after the study session scene and the way she acts around everyone. I would have done exactly the same thing Hachiman did if I've been in that situation, or even wen't with a more "colorful" speech... I know Hachiman is pain to deal with, I'm that kind of a person too, but cmon instead of hanging around her sparkly "friends" she could have gone and at least try to talk to him, instead of watching from the side.

Tennouji_ said:
So I guess and I hope the next future episodes won't be about solving every students' problems anymore.

I do hope so too, it would be a waste of great character development for it to go back to the usual stuff by the next few episodes.
May 3, 2013 7:02 AM

Apr 2010
Hayama got rejected pretty harsh there and somehow he didn't seem to mind it to much which might suggest it happened before to him.
The teacher was in a worse situation tho seems she doesn't like being single at all and that being pointed out by a student must have hurt her a lot.
Saki was so busy with being self dependent that she hurt her family in the process even tho she was trying to be helpful to them, seems she learned a bit from this tho.

The outfits during this episode where nice it was funny that Hikki looked like a member of a host club tho.
And no one mentioned this to him.
This ending proved that Hikki has no idea about a girls heart by talking to Yui like that it was obvious why she was hanging around him and it wasn't only because of the dog he saved.
May 3, 2013 7:12 AM

May 2010
Hikigaya better stop acting cool because he looks more stupid and I hate him even more when he talks so depressing like that

May 3, 2013 7:19 AM

Apr 2011
Aversa said:

The teacher was in a worse situation tho seems she doesn't like being single at all and that being pointed out by a student must have hurt her a lot.

Yeah someone should marry her already (Yes,I am looking at you Hikki!)
May 3, 2013 7:21 AM

Sep 2012
I want to know what happens next already ! the ending got really good, hearing Hikki's thoughts and such. I can understand what he means though. the way he sees it is that Yui only started talking to Hikki and being kind to him to just be considerate, you know somewhat obligated. he doesnt realize she actually likes him, so you cant say it was a rejection or anything. to him, Yui and him becoming friends was all just a farce, and thats why he hates kind girls. thats how i feel what he meant with the ending monologue.
'What we learned as children, that one plus one equals two, we know to be false. One plus one equals one. We even have a word for when you, plus another, equals one. That word is love.' ~ The Buddha
May 3, 2013 7:31 AM

Jun 2012
very like this episode very depressing :(

i can relate in this episode :|
May 3, 2013 7:33 AM

Jun 2010
Woah. Woah for the maid and formal outfit of Yui and Yukino and Woah for the drama on the second half.
May 3, 2013 7:47 AM

Apr 2013
Aversa said:
Hayama got rejected pretty harsh there and somehow he didn't seem to mind it to much which might suggest it happened before to him.
Saki was so busy with being self dependent that she hurt her family in the process even tho she was trying to be helpful to them, seems she learned a bit from this tho.

The outfits during this episode where nice it was funny that Hikki looked like a member of a host club tho.
And no one mentioned this to him.
This ending proved that Hikki has no idea about a girls heart by talking to Yui like that it was obvious why she was hanging around him and it wasn't only because of the dog he saved.

No one knows.
My sister and even several girls that I talk to dont understand each others "heart".How can you expect a loner who's not interest in her to understand?
When you are nice to everyone and you look for a loner like her it means you pity him,if you like a loner than tell him if not dont look around for him because you hurt him.That's what he ment with "once bitten,twice shy".
Remember the episode where he told his experience with a close girl to him?
It does ring a bell,doesnt it?
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 3, 2013 7:50 AM

Sep 2011
BloodyNightsky said:

No one knows.
My sister and even several girls that I talk to dont understand each others "heart".How can you expect a loner who's not interest in her to understand?
When you are nice to everyone and you look for a loner like her it means you pity him,if you like a loner than tell him if not dont look around for him because you hurt him.

Fucking +1.

May 3, 2013 7:55 AM

Dec 2012
BloodyNightsky said:

No one knows.
When you are nice to everyone and you look for a loner like her it means you pity him,if you like a loner than tell him if not dont look around for him because you hurt him.

Didn't really understand what you are trying to say o.o ..
May 3, 2013 8:04 AM

Apr 2013
My bad,I meant "like she does".
And what I ment it isnt Hikki's fault here.He didnt want her around him or to look for him to begin with,he was dragged in the club with Yukino.So it isnt his fault,he said right from the beginning that he doesnt intend to change.
Besides the point that he didnt ask for it,what I wrote about nice people is just like that.It is super ok to be nice to everyone but dont act like you are doing him a service because for him it means you pity him when in fact he likes the way he is and he likes being a loner.
I think I covered the explanation that her reaction of being mad too.She deserved it.
FluffyFleshMay 3, 2013 8:07 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 3, 2013 8:09 AM

Dec 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
My bad,I meant "like she does".
And what I ment it isnt Hikki's fault here.He didnt want her around him or to look for him to begin with,he was dragged in the club with Yukino.So it isnt his fault,he said right from the beginning that he doesnt intend to change.
Besides the point that he didnt ask for it,what I wrote about nice people is just like that.It is super ok to be nice to everyone but dont act like you are doing him a service because for him it means you pity him when in fact he likes the way he is and he likes being a loner.
I think I covered the explanation that her reaction of being mad too.She deserved it.

Oh I think I got what you meant and yea I agree.
May 3, 2013 8:09 AM

Apr 2011
Actualy it's still his fault. He misjudged Yui about her motivation. But it was understable and not unbased mistake.
May 3, 2013 9:16 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode imo, the ending was unpredictable.. I hope this doesn't mean Yukino is the only girl who will be able to make him like girls again (since I'm rooting for Yui..)
May 3, 2013 9:52 AM

Nov 2012
man.. his bit about nice girls. That was really deep and I feel a little that I can relate to what he said pretty badly. I wasn't expecting that at all
May 3, 2013 10:03 AM

Jul 2012
this episode was amazing ahh.. those last minutes ... being a loner is a real pain i know ,i felt related on that last monologue

next episode is going to be so intense
May 3, 2013 10:15 AM

Aug 2012
Well,I hope Yukino goes and dies, she too annoying. She keeps acting like she's smarter, better than anyone else, whenever you do something to her, she starts talking some dumb crap. If Hikki ends up with somebody,I hope it's Yui..
May 3, 2013 10:27 AM

Feb 2008
First Photo Kano and now this come on what is going on? :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 3, 2013 10:30 AM

May 2012
Fashionably late lol

Sakisaki tanjou!

'What's with that "Oh crap, someone we didn't invite showed up!" face.'
LOL

The drawing quality's declined.

Daga otoko da!

Animaru serapii.

Nyaa. Nyaa. Nyaaaaa.

Marry me, sensei.

Hagane no Chuunibyouyarou.

Yukipedia > Wikipedia.

Hikki is indeed the strongest.
ShirubaasouruMay 3, 2013 10:34 AM
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 3, 2013 10:30 AM

Jun 2012
The ending monologue was very thought-provoking.

Also I like the new art, animation, and possibly singer, for the ED.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 3, 2013 10:52 AM

Feb 2013
Asteris said:
Well,I hope Yukino goes and dies, she too annoying. She keeps acting like she's smarter, better than anyone else, whenever you do something to her, she starts talking some dumb crap. If Hikki ends up with somebody,I hope it's Yui..

Well it's my biased opinion, so bear with me. I'm almost sure Yukino is also just preteding, but in this case lets say she truly is this way. I think that a person who tells all the shit directly to your face is a lot better choice for a friend, than someone who pretends to be nice and friendly with everyone, while they don't exactly feel that way... And since Yui had a motive to do something for 8man, no wonder got the wrong idea.

But anyway it was the sister who started all these problems in the first place after the accident.
May 3, 2013 10:54 AM

Jan 2008
I wonder what SNAFU stands for/means?

iTsukiko said:
Yukino`s cute side xD

That's what made me HNNNNNGGGGG
May 3, 2013 10:57 AM

Feb 2009
I totally understand him, and all the girls he met so far are being mean to him anyway. So fuck them!
May 3, 2013 11:00 AM

Feb 2012
Wow that ending, Hikigaya man that was some deep stuff you said.

Can't wait for next episode, and by the preview, looks like more shit will go down in the club between them, someone might even leave it.
May 3, 2013 11:01 AM

Apr 2011
4kicks said:
I wonder what SNAFU stands for/means?

iTsukiko said:
Yukino`s cute side xD

That's what made me HNNNNNGGGGG

If you like it you should go watch Wagaya no oinarisama. When same Voice aacto (Saori hayama) "speak" in same manner with fox cub.( very similiar scene)

And snafu is military term that stand for: Status Normal, All F*cked up
May 3, 2013 11:20 AM
Jan 2011
good episode. i don't understand what's wrong with yui anyway. didn't she want to do it with a bunch of guys anyway? if that's her goal, she has to get rid of this one sided crush. now she's free to make love with as many people as possible.

and the sad home boy could be with his true love, the tennis player.
May 3, 2013 11:31 AM

Apr 2011
Are we talking about same Yui?
May 3, 2013 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
That ending really made me reflect on my last summer where this girl I was seeing pretty much fitted the description by Hikky.. Nice to me, but also to every1 else; I wanted more than what she was willing to give me and ended up like a trainwreck for weeks. The writing was spot on.

"If you're nice to me you're also nice to others."

I hope they end up together because Yukino really gets on my nerves.
KneelBeforeMeMay 3, 2013 11:49 AM
May 3, 2013 11:37 AM

Aug 2010
The final monologue...I think I have said that to myself word for word. Kinda scary.
May 3, 2013 12:01 PM

Jun 2009
Coming from experience, I get where Hikki was coming from. It's just that, it's wrong to generalize and he didn't need to be an asshole about it.
May 3, 2013 12:02 PM

May 2008
Ascius said:
Asteris said:

Well it's my biased opinion, so bear with me. I'm almost sure Yukino is also just preteding, but in this case lets say she truly is this way. I think that a person who tells all the shit directly to your face is a lot better choice for a friend, than someone who pretends to be nice and friendly with everyone, while they don't exactly feel that way... And since Yui had a motive to do something for 8man, no wonder got the wrong idea.

But anyway it was the sister who started all these problems in the first place after the accident.

^I agree. And whether or not Yukino is pretending or not. I just can't stand Yui. That cheerful wishy washy personality. I prefer my girls more calm and collected.

Overall, it was a great episode and a nice change of pace compared to the last ones. I really hope it stays this way.

May 3, 2013 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
Once again, Hikki solves the case. Imouto also did a great job.

So it's time for drama. Great ^^
Looking forward to the next episode.

Quote of the day:
"A highly-trained loner is once bitten, twice shy"
Naoki-SatenMay 3, 2013 12:38 PM
May 3, 2013 12:40 PM

Sep 2011
Wingzx said:
Really great episode. i love where this anime is going, i had a feeling Yui was the owner fo the dog he saved. last bit of it got really sad tho.. cant wait to see more. wonder how long this series is going to be

From episode 4: http://i.imgur.com/Nq5Jm5o.jpg
You can clearly tell that it was Yuigahama, he also said that he was in the hospital and in the 1st or 2nd episode she was trying to thank him (or something along those lines) for something, so you could have pieced it together without confirming with a picture.

I also kind of guessed that the cookies were for him too (iirc she says something like "what's Hikki doing here?" [in the club / club room]) then proceeds to make the cookies.

Sounds like Yuigahama won't be turning up for the club, and (her sister?) tries to talk to her about it. Yukinoshita's going to talk to Yuigahama about Hikigaya.

Yukinoshita's character is pretty much the same as Hikigaya - neither really have friends because they're afraid of getting hurt; but yui & yukino are somewhat getting there, just like Saika & Hikigaya - though Hikigaya probably thinks that Saika became his friend just because of the Tennis thing, and might do something similar to as what he just did to Yuigahama.

I think soon we're going to see Yukino and Yuigahama both get closer to Hikigaya from this; but they'll still act as they currently do around him.

May 3, 2013 12:41 PM

Jun 2012

Jeez... just... fuck. MC of the season, case closed.
May 3, 2013 12:57 PM

Nov 2010
Finally a loner that really acts like a loner. MC of the season.

I'm still shipping for Hikki x Yui, though. I'm weak with "That cheerful wishy washy personality" (And Yui actually is quite realistic for a indecisive all-rounder-kind girl type in real life)
May 3, 2013 1:01 PM

Aug 2012
that monologue at the end, then yui ballade... BOOOOM!!!

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
May 3, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2010
-Quasar said:
Coming from experience, I get where Hikki was coming from. It's just that, it's wrong to generalize and he didn't need to be an asshole about it.

Well, in a way he actually had to be an asshole about it to defend himself. If he hadn't, Yui would have kept being nice to him, and by extension causing pain for Hikki, so he decided to insult the hell out of her, ensuring the cessation of further kindness. That way he doesn't have to rely on his inner strength to resist being happy whenever Yui is kind to him.
May 3, 2013 1:18 PM

Dec 2012
eminagnam said:
The second half was deep for this kind of show. Hope the series keeps going this way.
i completely agree. it would be amazing to see this show getting more dramatic with more sad moments. i can actually imagine that because the mc is still kind of a loner who likes to stay away from others. so i really hope we'll see more sad/"deep" moments like this one.
May 3, 2013 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
Let me explain how can a girl can melt a loners heart.If the author made him straight loner logic this will happen at a point.
Yui is all lovely and all and its exactly what a loner rejects and doesnt need,its exactly what makes him lock himself further more.A girl like Yukino on the other hand it's perfect.Taking care of him with that pretending-to-be-distant-and-cold-style,thats what will make an earthquake in his "emotions" room and will let them loose.
What Yui is doing is selfishly changing him for her tastes so he can accept her.While Yukino accepts him the way he is.
I cant find the exact words for what Yui is acting like for a loner.But its similar to terorizing,not annoying but terrorizing.If she pushes him further you'll see a line similar to "Just go and die" or "I wish you never existed",see my point?
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.