Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 2, 2009 4:36 PM

Nov 2007
Just watched it. I must say I love the premise and the comedy. Show has an amazing sense of artistic style as well.
Jan 2, 2009 9:21 PM

Jul 2007
canis said:
corroded said:
i just realized this...maria is a senior right? so he only has 1 more year left...soo...what's the deal?

No, Maria is one year below Kanako. Maria said she is a "freshman" and called Kanako senpai.

But even if you were right, 1 year in her situation also tough enouch. Poor girl... XD

I rewatched the episode today again and my favourite part (which I watched several times cause I couldn't get enough) is Maria's "DA NE?!" after calling Kanako a homo. The voice is just so amazing and mean. XD

EDIT: Oh, lol, I refered to Maria as "she". XD I won't change my post though, cause it just shows how amazingly good he acts, that I can't help and having a "she" slip out when talking about him.

mm i guess i just go confused since he said he was in his last year of junior high and would be in senior high the next day...

also, i just remembered, upon seeing the pic of the anime before it aired, i actually thought the maid was the guy because she looked more like a tranny than maria was. LULZ.
Jan 3, 2009 4:22 AM

Apr 2007
corroded said:
also, i just remembered, upon seeing the pic of the anime before it aired, i actually thought the maid was the guy because she looked more like a tranny than maria was. LULZ.

I also thought it was the maid. Especially when she called Kanako "female pig".
Jan 3, 2009 6:20 AM

Feb 2008
That was hilarious!
I can't wait till the official first episode.
Jan 3, 2009 9:25 AM

Jul 2007
canis said:
corroded said:

I also thought it was the maid. Especially when she called Kanako "female pig".

yeah! lmao...but when he kissed her, i suddenly realized "ZOMG maria's the trap!" lulz. btw, the the first ep will mainly be the same ep but with the op right?
Jan 3, 2009 10:06 AM

Jul 2007
Funny as HELL!!!
Rofl when he grabbed hes "thing"!!!
Ahahahahaahha
Jan 3, 2009 1:07 PM

May 2008
I totally loved it^^ I love the manga and I wasn't dissapointed with this anime.
And I'm addicted to the ending theme^^
Jan 3, 2009 4:17 PM

Jul 2008
Didn't watch the ED till just now, usually I don't really care about OPs or EDs but it was pretty cool, very unique.
Jan 3, 2009 6:57 PM

Jun 2008
Woot this looks like it's going to be a promising anime. ^.^ Looking forward to the next episode~
HEY!
Jan 3, 2009 8:20 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
that was hilarious! i'm definitely going to keep watching this one :)
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 4, 2009 10:18 AM

Jun 2008
No, corroded, I did not like the ending song.

It's happy and reminds me of the caraemlldansen, but that's all.

I'll give it two more episodes. If it's still eye cancer, I'll drop it. :)

Jan 4, 2009 12:29 PM

Aug 2008
Directed by Akiyuki, what else can you wish for?
Jan 4, 2009 2:14 PM

Apr 2007
Uminekko said:
Directed by Akiyuki, what else can you wish for?

I think he is overrated... I didn't like any of his works. I found Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei was the worst, even though everyone praises it.

I guess, the reason I like this anime, even though it's directed by him is that it is just based on a good manga, and he didn't success in screwing it up.
With a different director it would still have been good or even better. If an anime that is based on a novel or manga is good, you should also give some praise to the original creator, not just to the anime team.
Jan 4, 2009 4:42 PM

Jul 2007
Wow... just wow. Hell, I'm not even going to admit on my MAL that I watched one episode of this. Crummy art given it's SHAFT, poor musical score, horrible voices, unfunny visual gags, and there is no way I would ever consider continuing a series about a trap who bullies a girl for being a lesbian, especially where it's set up for the lesbian to eventually fall in love with the trap. Disgusting.

Akiyuki Shinbo's always been spotty, but this takes the cake. He totally utterly failed here.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jan 4, 2009 4:47 PM

Oct 2007
canis said:
Uminekko said:
I think he is overrated... I didn't like any of his works. I found Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei was the worst, even though everyone praises it.

I guess, the reason I like this anime, even though it's directed by him is that it is just based on a good manga, and he didn't success in screwing it up.
With a different director it would still have been good or even better. If an anime that is based on a novel or manga is good, you should also give some praise to the original creator, not just to the anime team.

No you should give praise to the director for being able to adapt the story and express it's characters in the way the manga had visioned it. You're basically only saying that because you're expressing a strong sense of hate towards Akiyuki Shinbo and his talents. You can hate him all you want because at the end of the day people are allowed to express their own opinions and thoughts on someone, though it's completely different when you're trying to give people reasons to dislike him when it's obviously not like that.
Jan 4, 2009 4:53 PM

Apr 2008
Gonna watch this one.

Crossdresser + Yuri/Homo = epic

Jan 4, 2009 6:59 PM

Aug 2008
Shiroth said:
canis said:
Uminekko said:

No you should give praise to the director for being able to adapt the story and express it's characters in the way the manga had visioned it. You're basically only saying that because you're expressing a strong sense of hate towards Akiyuki Shinbo and his talents. You can hate him all you want because at the end of the day people are allowed to express their own opinions and thoughts on someone, though it's completely different when you're trying to give people reasons to dislike him when it's obviously not like that.

What is "overrated", and what is "underrated"? It's all opinions, nothing more. Sure, things which people like might be things which you hate, but it's all just opinions at the end of the day, so it's impossible to tell what is good or bad. I try not to think in the way of "good" or "bad", I try to think that they are "different", and different people have different likings. But I do hafta agree that credits do hafta go to the manga team for most anime adaptations, since they're the original creators.
Splitter said:
Wow... just wow. Hell, I'm not even going to admit on my MAL that I watched one episode of this. Crummy art given it's SHAFT, poor musical score, horrible voices, unfunny visual gags, and there is no way I would ever consider continuing a series about a trap who bullies a girl for being a lesbian, especially where it's set up for the lesbian to eventually fall in love with the trap. Disgusting.

Akiyuki Shinbo's always been spotty, but this takes the cake. He totally utterly failed here.

You can't blame him for the story, it's based off the original manga after all, so it's just too bad that you hate it. I'm ok with the art and story, the visual gags are ok, but I'm thinking the music and voices are not so much to my liking. I'm not saying the voice actor's are bad or anything... But something just doesn't fit.

And I read all that crazy shit in front about angel999/slayer545/grandmeister. Stop hating him/them! Doesn't mean that whatever you don't find useful is not useful to others, one man's trash is the next man's treasure. And from what I see slayer545 ain't making as much mistakes as angel999 anymore, so why not just give him one more chance?
Jan 4, 2009 7:07 PM

Jul 2008
zStorm_Dukez said:
so why not just give him one more chance?
No.
Jan 4, 2009 7:36 PM

Jun 2007
zStorm_Dukez said:
Shiroth said:
canis said:
Uminekko said:

What is "overrated", and what is "underrated"? It's all opinions, nothing more. Sure, things which people like might be things which you hate, but it's all just opinions at the end of the day, so it's impossible to tell what is good or bad. I try not to think in the way of "good" or "bad", I try to think that they are "different", and different people have different likings. But I do hafta agree that credits do hafta go to the manga team for most anime adaptations, since they're the original creators.
Splitter said:

You can't blame him for the story, it's based off the original manga after all, so it's just too bad that you hate it. I'm ok with the art and story, the visual gags are ok, but I'm thinking the music and voices are not so much to my liking. I'm not saying the voice actor's are bad or anything... But something just doesn't fit.

And I read all that crazy shit in front about angel999/slayer545/grandmeister. Stop hating him/them! Doesn't mean that whatever you don't find useful is not useful to others, one man's trash is the next man's treasure. And from what I see slayer545 ain't making as much mistakes as angel999 anymore, so why not just give him one more chance?

This show's story sounded good but from the description but the first PV episode was crap. I'm gonna try and keep an open mind and hope the next few eps get better. I can already see where this is going though. Yuri girl and the cross dressing kid are going to slowly start liking each other and either hook or help each other find a potential mate.

As for angel999/slayer545's posts, not to be rude to them but I think their summaries and excess images are shit.

If you're gonna give a long summary about an episode or a a dozen theory's about something, make it more appealing to the reader. For example, use your own private MAL blog for reviews and just post a link on the thread under whatever short description post you want to say (ex. This episode was bad, I didnt like the graphics and the character's attitudes where generic. Heres a summary of what I thought in full (insert link) ). For theory's use spoiler tags so if they turn out to be right, people wont get pissed later on. Not to mention the text will be shorter on the forums.

By doing these things we don't all have to suffer from the paragraphs of useless text that only a few people actually find useful. And honestly I thought Slayer545 was Angel999 since Angel999's account was banned on the same day Slayer545's started to spam all the shows on MAL in the same way that Angel999's did lol. Is this what will happen in the future? When one excessive power poster gets banned a new one pops up to take their place lol? So sad.
Jan 5, 2009 1:14 AM

Dec 2007
Second half of the episode cracked me up. Maria is an awesome character just because he's such an asshole.

"You're a homo!"

"At least call it yuri or something to make it more dignified!"
Jan 5, 2009 5:35 AM

Feb 2008
Within 5 minutes into the anime,vibes of Zetsubou Sensei just keep flooding my mind and i confirmed it half an hour later.

Pretty good first episode IMO.
Jan 5, 2009 7:06 AM

May 2008
Just this:
OMFG THIS IS AWESOME
Jan 5, 2009 10:31 AM

Jun 2007
Boring first half, awesome second half. I'm lovin' Maria already, hahah.
Jan 5, 2009 10:34 AM

Apr 2007
Shiroth said:
canis said:
Uminekko said:

Please quote correctly... Now it looks like Uminekko made my post and I made your post...

I guess that my negative impression of the director that I have made my post sound somewhat too mean. I don't want to tell his fans to stop liking his work.
But you are wrong when you say, that I ONLY reminded to credit the manga author too, just to display my "hatred" towards Akiyuki Shinbo... I don't even hate him. I don't know him. I don't hate people I don't know. °_° I only said I hated that one anime he made. There is a difference.
I ALWAYS think the original creator (if it's a manga or a novel) deserves credit if you like an anime that is based on his works, not just to bash the anime director. >_>
Jan 5, 2009 12:20 PM

Jul 2006
I was pleasantly surprised by the first episode.
During a quarter into it, I thought to myself "OH SHI- I'm watching a yuri series." This is due to myself not looking at the genre or tags.
As the episode progressed, we discover it's a lot more than just an anime with yuri elements....

The first episode was impressive enough to hold my attention, but this was mostly due to all of the "wtf?s" I got.
Even though the jokes were forced, I still found a good bulk of the jokes pretty decent. Though there is a lot of room for improvement.

I'll continue this series just because it gave me a good O_o

Jan 5, 2009 1:37 PM

Jul 2008
I watched the first episode like one week ago but I have watched it just today like three times ? : D I'm just so addicted to Maria's voice when he is not pretending to girl ! Looove it ♥

"you're lesbion !" "you damn pervert !" "it's ridicilous to touch there" "this corcet is annoying" ♥ (I know, all the lines are not the same as on the serie >:3)

I just wanna have the second episode that I could listen Maria's voice more and more !

fangirl posting ends heeereee ~ (wait for next week >8D)

Jan 5, 2009 1:47 PM

Nov 2008
im gonna keep with this anime
Jan 5, 2009 2:35 PM

Jun 2008
Started out not really wanting to watch this anime
Ended up loving it. Very enjoyable, I personally enjoy this type of animation style alot.

Jan 5, 2009 3:59 PM

Sep 2008
Holy crap that was a good episode. I was unsure of this one when I heard of it but damn this is shaping up to be a great series.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 5, 2009 3:59 PM

Aug 2008
<3 matsurika
Jan 5, 2009 5:31 PM

Oct 2007
This show is made of win, that's all.

Matsurika and the dorm mother are both great.
Jan 6, 2009 4:52 AM

Jun 2008
Good episode.It was kinda early that she found out that he's actually a boy.
Jan 6, 2009 9:33 AM

Mar 2008
Although I had a few doubts about whether I'd like it or not, after I watched the first episode, I have to say I really liked this.
The jokes were quite funny indeed and I had some good laughs.
Great characters.
Jan 6, 2009 11:51 AM

Aug 2008
I thought I was getting a Sayonara Zetsubou Sensie vibe from this. With that said, the art is great, but the animation is terrible. In motion, these characters don't really seem to work. Dialogue was funny, but then again that could be good translation. Though anon's raw was bad, the translation was really well done. I think this may turn out to be a good show. Definitely did better than what I was expecting.
Jan 6, 2009 2:26 PM

Dec 2007
This was terrible.
Nothing more to say.

Jan 6, 2009 2:41 PM

Oct 2007
kie_ said:
Good episode.It was kinda early that she found out that he's actually a boy.

Kanako's interaction with Mariya, knowing he is male is the basic part of the story. That's why it happens right at the start, so it's not happening to early. :)
Jan 6, 2009 6:27 PM

Oct 2007
First half was kinda boring but when Maria started to use his man voice, everything just got hilarious. I'm wondering if the animation is as bad as I think it is or if it's just the raw quality(which is quite possiible). I'm looking forward to where this is going.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 7, 2009 1:22 AM

Mar 2008
Hmmmmmm it was alright, I was bored 90 of the episode though but the pace and feel changed in the end enough that I might watch one more episode to see how it goes. From this alone its not that great even though its interesting in concept. 2.9/5 for the first episode =P
Jan 7, 2009 2:39 AM

Mar 2008
umm.. i wouldn't call this a very impressive first episode for an anime.. the story seems interesting, if somewat weird.. i mean, wat's with the nekomimi loli who refers to herself as GOD?!? ^^;
i've never watched a pure yuri anime before, so this is definitely a new genre for me.. usually i'm interested in fresh and new genres, but this one wasn't really that great.. i also kinda expected that blonde fag was a guy.. cliche..
it felt more like a prologue for a yuri visual novel.. kinda stale at times.. but it's still the first episode.. i hope to see more action..
Jan 7, 2009 5:00 AM

Jan 2009
Well, it was surely nice, can't point out advantages and disadvantages - just the 1st episode, yup, but I fell in love with that loli-maid *__* absolutely adorable.
With the whole heart of anti-yuri thoughts that one was nice! ^^
OK! What's the matter? You've only lost two legs. Bring out your servant demons! Transform your body! Regenerate your legs and stand up! Pick up your gun and fight back! The night has just began. The real fun is about to begin.
Hurry!
Hurry!!
Hurry!!!
Jan 7, 2009 9:19 AM

Apr 2008
Hilarious, that's all I have to say
Jan 7, 2009 9:46 AM

Apr 2007
OMG this anime is rlly annoying, screaming and shouting...i was like STFU!

Gonna drop this for sure...

Jan 7, 2009 9:03 PM

Dec 2006
Humor was hit and miss with me, I'll give Episode 2 a chance though, curious to see a little more but not overly on the edge about this series just yet.
リスト 。。

Jan 8, 2009 4:45 AM

Oct 2007
I really liked this episode and the main female character is hilarious. I got a feeling this will be one of the big hits from winter season. The animation quality is really good also. The scene when Maria shreds the maid's clothes and Kanako gets a nosebleed from the maid her bra was awesome ^_^

Edit: just for illustration ^_^

LogaxJan 8, 2009 4:56 AM

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jan 8, 2009 4:47 AM

Oct 2008
I've watched this because the summary seemed interesting. Will she fall for the guy at the end?
Jan 8, 2009 9:36 AM
Apr 2008
I liked the first episode. At least I am interested to see where this goes. :)
Jan 8, 2009 4:18 PM

Jan 2009
I really enjoyed the first episode. There are parts that don't stop cracking me up! XD And I watched this like... 5 times already... Loved it, I hope it continues that way ^^
Jan 8, 2009 4:26 PM

Sep 2007
Shaft is golden as usual. With all the serious Catholic all-girls school stuff out there, I am absolutely thrilled to see something like this. Hopefully it continues towards parody and not taking itself seriously at all.
Jan 8, 2009 6:10 PM

Oct 2006
Rebella said:
I've watched this because the summary seemed interesting. Will she fall for the guy at the end?

If that happens, I'll puke into an envelope and send it to the mangaka. ♥
Jan 8, 2009 7:04 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lmao, what the hell was that. Lots of hilarious characters, this should be fun.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 16, 2009

82 by Karva1 »»
Apr 6, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WTFwasThat - Mar 8, 2009

71 by Karva1 »»
Apr 5, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Jan 18, 2009

103 by Swiggy »»
Mar 24, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sonja - Mar 22, 2009

155 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:03 PM

» what is this anime

Dheiftu32 - Nov 4, 2021

6 by Bowenator »»
Nov 4, 2021 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.