Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 29, 2013 7:55 AM
So, there's a lot of manhwa/webtoon that I read and find them to be good anime if adapted right, some of them that I want to see animated are like;
1. Tower of God (most popular on Batoto.net, has great potential)
2. Immortal Regis, and its sequel, Cavalier of the Abyss (althought CotA is still no finished)
3. Girls of the Wild's
Well, these are some that I can remember right now and they're still ongoing but I sure would like to see some new trend with adaptation from material outside of Japan. The only manhwa that I know has got an anime is Freezing and it's already getting 2nd season. Anyone knows other adaptation from outside Japan like I've been saying? or maybe tell me some manhwa/webtoon that you would like to see animated?

(I don't know if these kind of topic already exist or not. Feel free to close them if it's not valid, and sorry for my English if there's mistakes, not my mother tongue)

Apr 29, 2013 8:06 AM
tsudecimo said:
Freezing is not a Manhwa it's author and artist are just Koreans.
Hm, I think I've read somewhere that it's originally manhwa and has been licensed because of its popularity, might be wrong though.

Apr 29, 2013 8:13 AM
#1 Chihaya Fan

Anyone knows other adaptation from outside Japan like I've been saying?

Deltora Quest, which is based on a series of Australia children's novels.
Supernatural, based on the American TV series
Mass Effect, based on the video game
Dragon Age, again, based on a video game
Iron Man, obviously based on the Marvel character
Blade, again based on the Marvel character
X-Men, same story as Blade and Iron Man

Apr 29, 2013 8:23 AM
mitch3315 said:

Deltora Quest, which is based on a series of Australia children's novels.
Supernatural, based on the American TV series
Mass Effect, based on the video game
Dragon Age, again, based on a video game
Iron Man, obviously based on the Marvel character
Blade, again based on the Marvel character
X-Men, same story as Blade and Iron Man
Thx for this :) though I'm not particularly interested in most of these kind of stories because it seems a bit dragged out and does not have focused objectives in the plot.

Apr 29, 2013 8:27 AM

The Breaker needs an anime adaptation.
Also how can you know if it's dragged out if you dont watch em. Dragon Age, Supernatural and Mass Effect are the only ones i can speak though.

Apr 29, 2013 8:32 AM
IceBurn said:
The Breaker needs an anime adaptation.
Also how can you know if it's dragged out if you dont watch em. Dragon Age, Supernatural and Mass Effect are the only ones i can speak though.
sorry, I'm just saying for the likes of those Marvel-based anime, I can see the ones you're talking about having at least good plot though.

Apr 29, 2013 8:58 AM

I add Witch Hunter to the seriously-needs-an-anime-adaption
and also Shin Angyo Onshi had the luck to get a movie even though it's a manwha.

Apr 29, 2013 9:01 AM

There are a few adaptations of non-japanese literature, like for example Alps no Shoujo Heidi, Gankutsuou or even something much more obscure like Inaka Isha and those are only the ones I've seen.
A quick search also brought up Romeo X Juliet, though that seems to be an even looser adaptation than Gankutsuou.

Apr 29, 2013 11:41 AM
Ha, knew this thread would come up at some point.

There's such thing as a non-Japanese anime? Isn't anime a Japanese term? Call it just an animation please, stop making my terminal cancer from being exposed to MAL's filthy forums more widespread.

Apr 29, 2013 11:46 AM
Ohhhhh my bad, I would have gone apeshit if people still think anime can be "American, hurr durr."

Ummm, I don't even know. Iron Man maybe?

Apr 29, 2013 11:56 AM