Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2013 1:31 PM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A pretty good episode. I see they gave the thief Yugi's eyes and bangs. I wonder how this match is going to end up.
Nov 4, 2013 6:26 PM

Dec 2012
I love Yugi's deck. I really missed it.
Jul 26, 2014 5:45 PM

Apr 2011
> "It's true that Dark Magician is my strongest card"

> Summons Dark Magician of Chaos

lol wat, so they have fusion cards in their side decks but Dark Magician of Chaos is not a Monster Card ?
Oct 14, 2014 12:16 AM

Jul 2008
Valaskjalf said:
> "It's true that Dark Magician is my strongest card"

> Summons Dark Magician of Chaos

lol wat, so they have fusion cards in their side decks but Dark Magician of Chaos is not a Monster Card ?

Originally that card is a Ritual Summon, but that magic card he used bypassed the ritual summoning. Ritual Monsters go into the main deck and not the side deck.
Dec 12, 2014 7:45 AM

Jul 2012
That hairstyle, is Yugi's style.. Did you guys notice it? xD

Aug 4, 2015 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
Finally a good duel. It's good to see the Yugi's deck again.
Dec 24, 2021 9:58 PM

Aug 2019
It was nice to see Sho finally win a solo duel on-screen... even if he just went and lost to Kagurazaka like 10 minutes later lol. Also how did Kagurazaka get his own copy of Ancient Gear Golem? The card was supposed to be a "legendary rare card" as mentioned in episode 1 ffs.

I didn't like how Swords of Revealing Light's effect was animated here btw. It's a minor thing, but the card is supposed to make literal swords of light appear on the field, yet the animators got lazy. Y'know maybe if they stopped animating those ridiculous explosions when monsters get destroyed, they would've had a better budget for SoRL. Also it's weird how Yugi's deck contained Dark Magician of Chaos here, yet he never got to summon it in DM. :c

WolfWood37 said:

Originally that card is a Ritual Summon, but that magic card he used bypassed the ritual summoning. Ritual Monsters go into the main deck and not the side deck.

He didn't bypass anything; he summoned Dark Magician of Chaos, which is the retrained Effect version of Magician of Black Chaos (the Ritual Monster). They're two different cards with different names.
Early_MorningDec 25, 2021 7:47 PM
Jun 18, 2022 1:52 PM

Jan 2010
It's weird seeing Yugi idolized in-universe for GX. How much time has passed between the original series and GX, and how much does the public know about the magical elements that occurred during Marik's and Yugi's duels?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 104 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - May 2, 2013

12 by Angelo-cunha »»
Apr 21, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 9 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Apr 27, 2013

10 by RedPandaGoddes5 »»
Apr 16, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 6 Discussion

14 by RedPandaGoddes5 »»
Apr 15, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 3 Discussion

13 by RedPandaGoddes5 »»
Apr 15, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 1 Discussion

Tennouji - Mar 17, 2013

23 by RedPandaGoddes5 »»
Apr 15, 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.