Forum Settings
Forums

Tower of God not in the DB? [Please read the links in the first post]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
 
Feb 26, 2015 6:00 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Online
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1826
jay_rab said:
Hey there!

Im not going to debate what should or should not be considered a manga or what should be allowed on myanimelist.

Just wanted to say that I really am enjoying reading tower of god and it would be nice to have myanimelist track it as right now I am looking into other means of tracking it... maybe other websites... might be worth adding it here based on that merit.


For better or for worse, the system does not work based on what is pretty popular and who is enjoying something, but with certain rules. Therefore, you should look for other websites until it finally matches the rules.
 
Feb 26, 2015 7:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
jay_rab said:
Hey there!

Im not going to debate what should or should not be considered a manga or what should be allowed on myanimelist.

Just wanted to say that I really am enjoying reading tower of god and it would be nice to have myanimelist track it as right now I am looking into other means of tracking it... maybe other websites... might be worth adding it here based on that merit.
On the merit that you or others might want to track it and may leave? Go ahead, Hummingbird and Mangaupdates from what I know have it in their database. You can export your list with no hassle to HB(maybe to Mangaupdates too), good bye. MAL has its own rules for its database for its own reasons and it has no problem with people leaving if they don't agree with it, it's your freedom to find a site that tracks what you see as manga or anime.
 
Feb 26, 2015 8:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 11
IntroverTurtle said:
jay_rab said:
Hey there!

Im not going to debate what should or should not be considered a manga or what should be allowed on myanimelist.

Just wanted to say that I really am enjoying reading tower of god and it would be nice to have myanimelist track it as right now I am looking into other means of tracking it... maybe other websites... might be worth adding it here based on that merit.
On the merit that you or others might want to track it and may leave? Go ahead, Hummingbird and Mangaupdates from what I know have it in their database. You can export your list with no hassle to HB(maybe to Mangaupdates too), good bye. MAL has its own rules for its database for its own reasons and it has no problem with people leaving if they don't agree with it, it's your freedom to find a site that tracks what you see as manga or anime.


I think Maffy said it much better and an hour sooner then you as well, if you need a pat on the head for being loyal then good job! ^_^ but you wasted your breath otherwise as Maffy seemed to have addressed me without any problems or conflict.
 
Mar 9, 2015 7:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 919
i get what the evil moderators are saying, but they are such dicks about it that they are now otaku villains.

I see the parallels with tower of god here. one day an irregular will climb the tower of MAL and wipe out all the evil moderators that oppressed the people.

your days are numbered.
 
Mar 9, 2015 9:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7323
Marthgun said:
i get what the evil moderators are saying, but they are such dicks about it that they are now otaku villains.

I see the parallels with tower of god here. one day an irregular will climb the tower of MAL and wipe out all the evil moderators that oppressed the people.

your days are numbered.

Yeah sure. Dream more
 
Mar 9, 2015 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5834
Marthgun said:
i get what the evil moderators are saying, but they are such dicks about it that they are now otaku villains.

I see the parallels with tower of god here. one day an irregular will climb the tower of MAL and wipe out all the evil moderators that oppressed the people.

your days are numbered.

You can always use some other manga and anime listing website(s). Mal tends to be quite objective and has strict guidelines on what is accepted or not, which is in a way good but also bad. The good part is definitely consistency, but the bad part might be even bigger: it fails to bring what users desire. I mean, a website of this kind is supposed to be of help as you read or watch what you like, as well as allow you to record that.

Mal doesn't do that. It is a database of manga and anime, with a few exceptions. That matter comes before the community and demand. It doesn't matter if the majority wants something or not, if it doesn't meet the guidelines, it won't be accepted. We could discuss whether that approach is justified or not, but I lean more towards it being foolish.

Anime and manga are entertainment. This website should not offer anything less. Putting up restrictions on such matters is utterly disgraceful in some cases, as it ends up more as some additional work than actual entertainment, if we look from the moderator point of view as well.

Guidelines before demand, know that to be the spirit of Mal. But you can always use multiple listing websites at once, some that are more community-friendly as well. I actually recommend that. Limiting yourself to one website alone isn't smart, this being an example why.
 
Mar 9, 2015 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1279
^
A chinese restaurant isn't going to serve you a Schnitzel only because you want one.
 
Mar 9, 2015 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 919
Serhiyko said:

Yeah sure. Dream more


gotten to.

@subpyro

i think its stupid to say "go somewhere else if you don't like it."

Tower of God will eventually be put on here. fact. It's a matter of who pulls the stick out of their ass first. And even if it somehow never did, i wouldn't lose sleep over it. There are so few doujinshi manga/manwha that even deserve to be on here that not having the handful of them doesn't matter.

I'd at least like a place to discuss the chapters. maybe a subforum dedicated to webtoons.
 
Mar 9, 2015 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5834
mugi said:
A chinese restaurant isn't going to serve you a Schnitzel only because you want one.

That is if the restaurant is indeed Chinese, which I have said it is and there's nothing wrong with it. Some are, some aren't. However, some restaurants have all-round cuisine, which focuses to serve the customer. One is better off eating at both of them, Chinese and all-round, not just stick to one alone.

Marthgun said:
i think its stupid to say "go somewhere else if you don't like it."

Tower of God will eventually be put on here. fact. It's a matter of who pulls the stick out of their ass first. And even if it somehow never did, i wouldn't lose sleep over it. There are so few doujinshi manga/manwha that even deserve to be on here that not having the handful of them doesn't matter.

I'd at least like a place to discuss the chapters. maybe a subforum dedicated to webtoons.

You will realize your thinking is mislead and it shall be you that will dual-use list websites if you truly care, or add the title to your about or blog. Not a fact, but the chances are close to it. It's a hypothesis. A theory.
Modified by Subpyro, Mar 9, 2015 12:50 PM
 
Mar 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7323
Marthgun said:
Tower of God will eventually be put on here. fact. It's a matter of who pulls the stick out of their ass first. And even if it somehow never did, i wouldn't lose sleep over it. There are so few doujinshi manga/manwha that even deserve to be on here that not having the handful of them doesn't matter.

Not before they re-write their own guidelines. Not following guidelines they made up themselves would be beyond ridiculous and retarded

Marthgun said:
I'd at least like a place to discuss the chapters. maybe a subforum dedicated to webtoons.

There are some clubs:
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24357
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=29973
You can search for more
 
Mar 9, 2015 1:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Marthgun said:
i think its stupid to say "go somewhere else if you don't like it."
It's actually quite smart. Why stay on a site that doesn't share your definition of anime or manga? That's stupid. There is no objective definition that everyone in the world has agreed on for what's anime or manga, it's up to each site to define their database the way they think works best for them and then it's up to each user to pick the site that most fits their interest. If the site feels like changing their guidelines if something changes then they can but they don't have to.

Marthgun said:
Tower of God will eventually be put on here. fact. It's a matter of who pulls the stick out of their ass first. And even if it somehow never did, i wouldn't lose sleep over it. There are so few doujinshi manga/manwha that even deserve to be on here that not having the handful of them doesn't matter.
Neither side that determines whether ToG is allowed in has a stick in their ass. MAL chooses to not allow unpublished works in their database and no company has decided that they want to publish ToG(or some other reason). ToG is not widely popular compared to the rest of the stuff in the database, it's a webtoon and seriously doubt if they'll change their rules to allow it in.

The ones who have a stick up their ass are the ToG fans who argue in here despite one of the top admins of the site saying they will most likely never change the guidelines to allow them.

Marthgun said:
I'd at least like a place to discuss the chapters. maybe a subforum dedicated to webtoons.
Webtoons in the database already have thier own board. You can make your own thread in manga discussion(as I believe there are already webtoon threads) or take it to a club as Serhyiko has pointed out.
Modified by IntroverTurtle, Mar 9, 2015 1:15 PM
 
Mar 9, 2015 2:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 919
IntroverTurtle said:
Marthgun said:
i think its stupid to say "go somewhere else if you don't like it."
It's actually quite smart. Why stay on a site that doesn't share your definition of anime or manga? That's stupid. There is no objective definition that everyone in the world has agreed on for what's anime or manga, it's up to each site to define their database the way they think works best for them and then it's up to each user to pick the site that most fits their interest. If the site feels like changing their guidelines if something changes then they can but they don't have to.

Marthgun said:
Tower of God will eventually be put on here. fact. It's a matter of who pulls the stick out of their ass first. And even if it somehow never did, i wouldn't lose sleep over it. There are so few doujinshi manga/manwha that even deserve to be on here that not having the handful of them doesn't matter.
Neither side that determines whether ToG is allowed in has a stick in their ass. MAL chooses to not allow unpublished works in their database and no company has decided that they want to publish ToG(or some other reason). ToG is not widely popular compared to the rest of the stuff in the database, it's a webtoon and seriously doubt if they'll change their rules to allow it in.

The ones who have a stick up their ass are the ToG fans who argue in here despite one of the top admins of the site saying they will most likely never change the guidelines to allow them.

Marthgun said:
I'd at least like a place to discuss the chapters. maybe a subforum dedicated to webtoons.
Webtoons in the database already have thier own board. You can make your own thread in manga discussion(as I believe there are already webtoon threads) or take it to a club as Serhyiko has pointed out.


You get off on talking to me like i'm 3? I assure you I can count to potato.

Saying "go somewhere else if you don't like it," is a petty, childish, arrogant, snide, flippant, off hand dismissal. The problem isn't even a problem, I read what's allowed and what's not allowed. It wasn't hard to find; the issue is petty and minor, and like I said in my first post, i understand why they don't allow ToG in MAL.

But its not b/c its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY outside the boundaries of MAL's 10 commandments, its whether or not naver should be considered an actual publisher. It probably shouldn't, but lets not act like the artist isn't getting paid for it, lets not act like that webtoon hasn't been viewed millions of times. It's on all the major manga sites top 20 list. It's also in the top 10 on a few.

People used to think it was crazy that women would ever be allowed to vote, or that black people should ride at the front of the bus, or that they would fake the moon landings. But I believe in change fren. I believe in the power of the human imagination, the power of nakama, the square root of pi and most of all i believe in webtoons.

Mod Edit: Baiting Removed
Modified by Tyrel, Apr 30, 2015 3:11 PM
 
Apr 25, 2015 11:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6
trying to add this to my mangalist but they dont have it...
 
Apr 26, 2015 12:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 181
Well TOG is not a manga, its a South Korean comic. I guess MAL only looks at mangas. But in terms of comics, there are lot of great South Korean and Chinese comics. And honestly, in my top 10 out of all the comics that I am currently reading half of them are non Japanese comics such as the Gamer, Tower of God, Feng Shen Ji, the dice the cube that changes everything, and Noblesse. And recently found another awesome Chinese comic called combat continent. Frankly now a days I see lot of awesome comics that are not mangas which was really not the case 5-6 years ago.
 
Apr 26, 2015 6:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Dragon88 said:
Well TOG is not a manga, its a South Korean comic. I guess MAL only looks at mangas. But in terms of comics, there are lot of great South Korean and Chinese comics. And honestly, in my top 10 out of all the comics that I am currently reading half of them are non Japanese comics such as the Gamer, Tower of God, Feng Shen Ji, the dice the cube that changes everything, and Noblesse. And recently found another awesome Chinese comic called combat continent. Frankly now a days I see lot of awesome comics that are not mangas which was really not the case 5-6 years ago.
This site has Feng Shen Ji and Noblesse, you must not have read the thread. It's not that it's not Japanese, it's that it's not physically published.
 
Apr 26, 2015 7:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 181
IntroverTurtle said:
This site has Feng Shen Ji and Noblesse, you must not have read the thread. It's not that it's not Japanese, it's that it's not physically published.[/quote]

Ow sorry about that. I thought Noblesse was not physically published also. Its because Noblesse is also a webtoon so its weird that TOG is not there but Noblesse is.
 
Apr 30, 2015 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 144
Quick question as i dont have time to read whole thread.
A lot of Naver stuff was is in MAL, the reason TOG aint added is:
1. Because it aint published on paper?
2. Because some webtoons ar allowed and some not just because.
3. Because Admins and Kim Dzong Un dont like it.
4. Because trolololo.
5. ...
6. ???
 
Apr 30, 2015 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
NeutroNShivA said:
Quick question as i dont have time to read whole thread.
A lot of Naver stuff was is in MAL, the reason TOG aint added is:
1. Because it aint published on paper?
2. Because some webtoons ar allowed and some not just because.
3. Because Admins and Kim Dzong Un dont like it.
4. Because trolololo.
5. ...
6. ???
1. There wasn't a single reasonable answer besides it. You didn't need to read the whole thread only the first mod post.
 
Apr 30, 2015 1:58 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 3294
IntroverTurtle said:
NeutroNShivA said:
Quick question as i dont have time to read whole thread.
A lot of Naver stuff was is in MAL, the reason TOG aint added is:
1. Because it aint published on paper?
2. Because some webtoons ar allowed and some not just because.
3. Because Admins and Kim Dzong Un dont like it.
4. Because trolololo.
5. ...
6. ???
1. There wasn't a single reasonable answer besides it. You didn't need to read the whole thread only the first mod post.

Nah the first mod post didn't give a concise answer.
 
May 8, 2015 9:15 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 694
I just recently joined MAL, and the best thing about this community is the breadth and depth of the recommendations available. And whatever category ToG may fall into as far as inclusion in the MAL DB, it attracts me as a consumer for the same reasons the best anime and manga do.

So my question is: Is it taboo to recommend ToG in the forums here?
 
May 8, 2015 9:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
KamSung said:
Nah the first mod post didn't give a concise answer.
Concise enough for his question.

NeoVolt said:
I just recently joined MAL, and the best thing about this community is the breadth and depth of the recommendations available. And whatever category ToG may fall into as far as inclusion in the MAL DB, it attracts me as a consumer for the same reasons the best anime and manga do.

So my question is: Is it taboo to recommend ToG in the forums here?
No
 
May 12, 2015 9:58 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1
Admins and Mods let me get this right...

Noblesse and others webtoons are allowed because they have been physically published and ToG isn't.
And you say that webtoons and manhwa are korean things not japanese, like manga.
But you allow NOVELS, something that has nothing to do with manga, except being from the same country on the website.
Like this one -> http://myanimelist.net/manga/34127/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei

Like c'mon... we are not asking you to allow Marvel or DC or The Walking Dead to be on the site. But manhwa, manhua, manga are basically the same thing. The style is the same. just one you read on way the other two you read the other. Webtoons yes they are more different, but they are more close to mangas than novels are...........
And we are not asking for you to let any webtoon made by anyone.
We just ask that you consider the top NAVER and DAUM webtoons. The ones made by pros who make a living out of this. Like ToG and Red Storm.
Change your rules.
 
May 20, 2015 11:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 382
Mal you need to review your bullshit rules once in a while.
 
May 20, 2015 1:18 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 3294
boosiv said:
Change your rules.

R3C said:
Mal you need to review your bullshit rules once in a while.


Thumbs up!
 
May 20, 2015 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7323
KamSung said:
boosiv said:
Change your rules.

R3C said:
Mal you need to review your bullshit rules once in a while.


Thumbs up!

Support
 
Jun 19, 2015 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 26
Serhiyko said:
KamSung said:



Thumbs up!

Support


Agreed.
 
Jun 25, 2015 9:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 5
Yep change rules.
 
Jun 30, 2015 7:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 919
idk about changing the rules because it could open the flood gates for piles of garbage to be included in the server space.

I just think they should make some exceptions to the rules when warranted; especially in the case of super popular webtoons like Tower of God.
 
Jul 2, 2015 6:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1868
MAL should change their rules for sure. Anime influenced cartoons should be allowed as well.
added the fifth most popular anime onto this site
 
Jul 26, 2015 2:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 7
TTst said:
Serhiyko said:

Support


Agreed.


I share this point of view.
 
Jul 29, 2015 2:32 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Erm ... I'm sorry, do it only need to have a book to be added ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99hk7pz4eAU&feature=youtu.be
There was someone who post this link, and i didn't see any answer ._.
(We can also see the god of high school btw :x)
 
Jul 29, 2015 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2005
CathKo said:
Erm ... I'm sorry, do it only need to have a book to be added ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99hk7pz4eAU&feature=youtu.be
There was someone who post this link, and i didn't see any answer ._.
(We can also see the god of high school btw :x)


Those books aren't being sold anywhere.
 
Aug 30, 2015 9:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1
So about 2 years ago I gave up on this site and ended my account because one of the best manga/manhwa/whatever I was reading at the time wasn't in the database. Recently I felt the need to come back because this site truly is amazing. Now I started to read ToG and I'm loving it. What do I find 2 later from leaving this site? They still haven't changed the rules, ToG is not in the DB!
Good lord you guys are slow!
GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER. YOU SHOULD HAVE ALREADY CHANGED THE RULES LONG AGO!

Its really a shame the best website to find and keep track of manga and anime doesn't advertise hidden gems because of stupid nonsense rules and at the same time let animes such as Sword Art Online have a rating of >8!

For all of you loyal dogs that will want to remind me about the rules why ToG isn't added this is for you: I am well aware! So spare me you sh*t, sh*ve the rules in your a** and ask the mods for a treat.

Wizzy123 said:
We are not a webcomic DB or will become one. The guidelines won't change because something is becoming popular or is popular (reminds me of how people want Avatar here). It's just how it is. You can either accept it or find another site that will allow you to list everything you want. For example: Mangaupdates.


Thanks for letting me know m8! I guess this time I will leave for good. That site its exactly what I'm going to use if it meets my requirements even though I'm sure I won't enjoy 1/100 as much as I enjoyed MAL.

Peace out deaf mods!
 
Aug 30, 2015 10:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 890
Some of you may have already seen this, but this was Xinil's reply. Also, this AMA was pretty recent (within the past month).

Here is the question that the user gave.

"It's about manga/manhwa and what not. At the moment you can only make an entry if the series has a physical copy somewhere. I guess it's to prevent a lot of random entrys. Is it possible to loosen this rule? Like make it: If the artist get's paid for it (mostly for webtoons) we can have an entry."

Here is Xinil's answer.

"I'm sorry, we don't have any plans to lessen our restrictions on manga/manhwa that we allow in the database. Our manga moderators spend a huge amount of time already maintaining the current list. That's not to say they couldn't handle more (go manga mods go!) but we have to draw the line (PUNS) somewhere?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3gedyl/im_xinil_creator_and_lead_admin_of_myanimelist/

The user is higi1024. If you want to use command/ctrl F.
 
Aug 31, 2015 10:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7323
toyall123 said:
Our manga moderators spend a huge amount of time already maintaining the current list. That's not to say they couldn't handle more (go manga mods go!)

Hire more mods?

toyall123 said:
but we have to draw the line (PUNS) somewhere?"

Yes, you have... But you are doing it at a wrong place. Why here and not there?
 
Nov 17, 2015 9:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10475
I started reading tower of god and I would really like if it was added. I don't like manga updates or those other sites since they don't have these cool features that mal has, which is showing the cover of my manga, plus the hassle of using two different sites that does the same things. I understand rules are rules. But still rules can be modified or even be broken for the better. We are in the digital age, and I believe in the not so distant future the publishing of physical copies of manga/manwha ect will be a thing of the past.

Its not a matter on "if" these rules will change. it's "when" it will be change. Because this rule will definitely not last forever.
Modified by keragamming, Nov 17, 2015 9:27 PM
 
Nov 18, 2015 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 191
I'm new to webtoons and I've been reading ToG and i didn't think it become such a huge deal here, people need to calm and chill, MAL have its reasons!
and if the time has come when MAL think ToG can be added then they will added it, because there's no reason for them for wanting all this headache to go farther so for now, lets wit and see and chill~...
Modified by hellion13, Nov 18, 2015 2:13 AM
 
Nov 18, 2015 2:37 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 3294
Serhiyko said:
toyall123 said:
Our manga moderators spend a huge amount of time already maintaining the current list. That's not to say they couldn't handle more (go manga mods go!)

Hire more mods?

toyall123 said:
but we have to draw the line (PUNS) somewhere?"

Yes, you have... But you are doing it at a wrong place. Why here and not there?


Yeah precisely, it can't be that hard right. I mean they opened a new thread some time ago to recruit new mods -,-
 
Dec 24, 2015 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 505
KamSung said:
Serhiyko said:
<br />
Hire more mods?<br />
<br />
<br />
Yes, you have... But you are doing it at a wrong place. Why here and not there?
<br />
<br />
Yeah precisely, it can't be that hard right. I mean they opened a new thread some time ago to recruit new mods -,-


Mods are all shitstains.
 
Dec 24, 2015 2:03 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 18151
BlackShads said:

Mods are all shitstains.


Well guess what



Even after two years the butthurt is still going strong. I always look back on this thread with a smile because even after all the self-entitled nauseating talk, in the end nothing changed.

Everything in the database has rules and restrictions.

Manga has restrictions, light novels have restrictions, even anime has restrictions, but when webtoons have them, we're called shit.

You webtoon loving activists are a great boredom relievers, if nothing else.
 
Dec 24, 2015 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2185
 
Dec 24, 2015 2:28 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 3294
Wizzy123 said:
BlackShads said:

Mods are all shitstains.


Well guess what



Even after two years the butthurt is still going strong. I always look back on this thread with a smile because even after all the self-entitled nauseating talk, in the end nothing changed.

Everything in the database has rules and restrictions.

Manga has restrictions, light novels have restrictions, even anime has restrictions, but when webtoons have them, we&#039;re called shit.

You webtoon loving activists are a great boredom relievers, if nothing else.


Damn Im glad you let that out.
I can't believe you've been watching this thread for two years already 😂😂

Edit: I didn't realize you were the same person from the first page, you must've changed your forum set :o
Modified by KamSung, Dec 24, 2015 2:34 PM
 
Dec 24, 2015 2:40 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 18151
KamSung said:


Damn Im glad you let that out.
I can't believe you've been watching this thread for two years already 😂😂

Edit: I didn't realize you were the same person from the first page, you must've changed your forum set :o


It's kind of hard to ignore a thread that gets bumped repeatably. As long as every webtoon in the world isn't on MAL, people will keep coming back to bump these webtoon threads ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Dec 24, 2015 2:47 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 3294
Wizzy123 said:
KamSung said:


Damn Im glad you let that out.
I can't believe you've been watching this thread for two years already 😂😂

Edit: I didn't realize you were the same person from the first page, you must've changed your forum set :o


It's kind of hard to ignore a thread that gets bumped repeatably. As long as every webtoon in the world isn't on MAL, people will keep coming back to bump these webtoon threads ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Oh right you must see these alot as a mod huh. Kinda sad as your work on light novels is commendable. I'm talking about what you wrote on your profile.
But why don't you mods just delete this thread than?
 
Dec 24, 2015 2:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 6021
Aaah that thread is still here and still bumped huh...

BTW why is that thread "showing" in the wrong forum's headline when we're on the main page with all the different board listed? It's showing in update & announcements right now, but obviously when you click on update and announcement, yo ucan find it since it's in manga database~

Wizzy123 said:
BlackShads said:

Mods are all shitstains.


Well guess what



Even after two years the butthurt is still going strong. I always look back on this thread with a smile because even after all the self-entitled nauseating talk, in the end nothing changed.

Everything in the database has rules and restrictions.

Manga has restrictions, light novels have restrictions, even anime has restrictions, but when webtoons have them, we're called shit.

You webtoon loving activists are a great boredom relievers, if nothing else.

why the spoon too? The spoon did nothing wrong. That 's spoon bullying.
Modified by Zefyris, Dec 24, 2015 2:50 PM
 
Dec 24, 2015 3:09 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 18151
KamSung said:
Wizzy123 said:


It's kind of hard to ignore a thread that gets bumped repeatably. As long as every webtoon in the world isn't on MAL, people will keep coming back to bump these webtoon threads ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Oh right you must see these alot as a mod huh. Kinda sad as your work on light novels is commendable. I'm talking about what you wrote on your profile.
But why don't you mods just delete this thread than?


There's really no harm in leaving it. I think it's better for these threads to exist so people can look at past discussions on the subject. That way newcomers will have a general idea of what has been brought up and where MAL's stance is.
 
Dec 24, 2015 3:11 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 3294
Wizzy123 said:
KamSung said:


Oh right you must see these alot as a mod huh. Kinda sad as your work on light novels is commendable. I'm talking about what you wrote on your profile.
But why don't you mods just delete this thread than?


There's really no harm in leaving it. I think it's better for these threads to exist so people can look at past discussions on the subject. That way newcomers will have a general idea of what has been brought up and where MAL's stance is.

I can agree with that, to be honest I don't read ToG, I find it to be shitty. But I think I was searching for info about some other webtoon and I found this thread, it was really helpful. In the same manner I hope this can help others too.
 
Dec 31, 2015 12:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 174
kinda dumb tbh even though they are web comics they are still manhwa.

 
Jan 9, 2016 9:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Finally caught up with ToG this morning, ( took a few weeks ) and wanted it to be the first addition to my Manga list. I was surprised to find it wasn't turning up in the Manga search, so I hit google and found this thread.

And holy cow, for the love of god, what is the big deal about adding unpublished works anyways? If people want to add a an extremely well known Manhwa to their " personal " list, just let them. At the very least let them add it manually ( just being text with no link/information ).

This entire thread is laughable, iv'e never felt the need to call someone a Manga Nazi, but this is ludicrous.

Love this sites Anime list, but the sheer popularity of ToG should merit at least the name itself being added to the database so people can at least add it.
Modified by SacredBlood77, Jan 9, 2016 9:36 PM
 
Jan 10, 2016 4:44 AM
Kanade♥

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9795
SacredBlood77 said:
Finally caught up with ToG this morning, ( took a few weeks ) and wanted it to be the first addition to my Manga list. I was surprised to find it wasn't turning up in the Manga search, so I hit google and found this thread.

And holy cow, for the love of god, what is the big deal about adding unpublished works anyways? If people want to add a an extremely well known Manhwa to their " personal " list, just let them. At the very least let them add it manually ( just being text with no link/information ).

This entire thread is laughable, iv'e never felt the need to call someone a Manga Nazi, but this is ludicrous.

Love this sites Anime list, but the sheer popularity of ToG should merit at least the name itself being added to the database so people can at least add it.
That's like saying they should allow RWBY just because of its popularity even though it's not an anime.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »