Forum Settings
Forums

KyoAni's Swimming Anime 'Free!' Due in July

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2013 1:11 PM

Jan 2011
ill watch it
Apr 26, 2013 1:12 PM

Jun 2012
I don't even care what other people think anymore I'm so stoked. Perhaps it might be a bit generic but I don't mind that, I like it!

I have no fucks to give about any dislike at the moment anyway, I'm just so happy it is ACTUALLY GOING TO BE A THING. Ah man, so excite, so excite.
Apr 26, 2013 1:14 PM
Oct 2009
Main characters are all cute boys!?!? Will watch *drool*

Also, that trailer was really neat! Really makes you wanna watch it!
Apr 26, 2013 1:15 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I am proud to say that I saw this news while on my lunch break at work and immediately embarrassingly gasped and squeeled in front of my coworkers.

I AM SO EXCICTED. Best news of the year imo!!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 26, 2013 1:15 PM

Jun 2011
Woah the power love!
Without it, this anime would never have been..
probably.
I just can't wait oh my goodness.
Apr 26, 2013 1:22 PM

Nov 2011
At the end of the KyoAni decided to do an anime with the guys from the swim club, I could not believe when I read the news, it seemed like a joke! Now fujoshi most hardened can thank for having fulfilled one of their dreams! I'm curious, I want to see me too! XD

Oct 2011
I didn't think this would become an official anime, I thought it was just a commercial showing that KyoAni can draw something other than moe girls. Hopefully it won't turn out to be a train wreck.
And what's with all the feminine names?

Having said that, I'm actually pretty excited for this! Can't wait for July! :D

Oct 2011
I just saw the PV!!!! OMG. Yay!!!
Apr 26, 2013 1:32 PM
Jul 2010
jmal said:
NFH said:
alienating their typical fanbase

I don't understand why this concerns people. If someone who likes KyoAni shows doesn't like the premise of one, they can just not watch it. They can watch other stuff in summer and come back for the next show (Kyoukai in this case) .

I meant that from a business perspective alienating their typical fanbase is a huge risk. It wouldn't be so if this was an adaptation of some kind, but this is an original anime. Couple that with the fickle nature of the target audience and you have a gamble there. That's why I was asking symbv if he knew what the reactions were in Japan, as if the reception of the PV was as well received as here in the West the decision to animate this would be far more understandable.
Apr 26, 2013 1:33 PM

Jan 2008
I looked into the light novel this is based on, and the author's name is Ooji Kouji.

So do I take this to mean the author is male (in which case, let's be honest, there's probably not much intentional BL subtext in the source material), or is it a female using a masculine pen name...?
Apr 26, 2013 1:33 PM

Dec 2009
If I don't expect more than brainless fanservice for fangirls and fujoshi, then it is indeed the best news of the year, yahoo! ヾ(*´∇`)ノ
Apr 26, 2013 1:38 PM

May 2010
I don't get why boys are always so angry when an anime is directed at women, like girls are not allowed to like things or smth
Apr 26, 2013 1:42 PM

Mar 2008
I hope all of the animation will be as lovely as the trailer.

Regardless, I'm excited. I do love me some bishounen.
Apr 26, 2013 1:45 PM
Aug 2012
Hwaryun said:
I don't get why boys are always so angry when an anime is directed at women, like girls are not allowed to like things or smth

probably most of the boy your talking about just spent a whole day behind the screen of their pc, but the way they call a bunch of men in a swimming team "gays" or "homo" prove the fact that they haven't have any contact beyond outside
Apr 26, 2013 1:46 PM

Jan 2008
Everyone who is speculating about this anime becoming reality because of fan reaction to the CM (be it from western or eastern fans): there is literally absolutely no way for an anime to go from preliminary concept stages to a full-fledged production on the airwaves within a mere four months.

They've had this planned for ages, it's just a coincidence (or carefully planned marketing) that the CM got such a reaction a month before the official announcement.
Apr 26, 2013 1:49 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:

Some for sure, but not nearly so overwhelmingly. Males have a much harder time accepting this sort of thing, and are much louder about declaring their heterosexual credentials. Even if nobody asked, or cares, in the first place.

I believe most "fangirls" tend to be alot louder about their "fangirlism" than these guys.
we even seen this example many times that it's become a fact.
Apr 26, 2013 1:52 PM

Mar 2011
Idk why everyone insists on bitching, but whatever.
SWIMMING ANIME!
Apr 26, 2013 1:55 PM

Aug 2009
holy crap they're actually making the swimming anime

Apr 26, 2013 1:57 PM

Jul 2012
Eh.. I wonder if I should apologize for my huge rant there. I'm not homophobic or anti KyoAni or anything, because you know what? We all hate some things for no reason. Not everyone justifies everything they don't like. There isn't always a logical reason.

Either way, I'm sorry if I offended anyone with what I said. I can be insanely blunt about things, and it was something I wanted to clear off my chest. Butthurt, asshurt, homophobic, perhaps I was the former two (but I know 20000% that I'm NOT a homophobic) and I'm sorry for that.

Oh, if it makes you all feel any better, I have one full page of yaoi fanart on my Tumblr, read a yaoi lemon once and looked up Kawoshin art on google images before Kaworu even appeared on Eva. I don't hate yaoi, I hate the majority of fujoshis and fanbase and a lot of themes of yaoi.
ihateeveryoneApr 26, 2013 2:01 PM
Apr 26, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
Downgrade355 said:
ihateeveryone said:
Eh.. I wonder if I should apologize for my huge rant there. I'm not homophobic or anti KyoAni or anything, because you know what? We all hate some things for no reason. Not everyone justifies everything they don't like. There isn't always a logical reason.

Either way, I'm sorry if I offended anyone with what I said. I can be insanely blunt about things, and it was something I wanted to clear off my chest. Butthurt, asshurt, homophobic, perhaps I was the former two (but I know 20000% that I'm NOT a homophobic) and I'm sorry for that.

TBH you have nothing to apologize for, its your opinion, everyone has theirs, no one can strip you from yours, i respect you because of your highself esteem, so keep it that way and don't go submissive deredere on me please.

also, ignore all this "its gay" or "omg u homophobe" (i hate how people are throwing around that word just like that) comments, i hate how twisted the meaning has become, and i hate how people make assumptions as if they know the reason a person dislikes or likes something, i'm honestly indifferent to this, but i've seen high amount of stupidity in this thread from both parties.

>submissive

I'm not a typical shoujo heroine I'm a fucking magical girl I'm independent and if I wanna go out saving the world or killing witches to get bitches then I will.

I've been called homophobe before when I would talk about my distaste for yaoi. I'm used to it. I just wanted to clarify that I'm not in case others got that impression.
Apr 26, 2013 2:04 PM

Mar 2012
I'm actually looking forward to this, and I can't believe I'm saying this XD I'm not into sports at all.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Apr 26, 2013 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
@jmal
as Umeko already explained, most people dislike the concept of homosexuality as a fetish, i'll admit it, i dislike homosexuality as a fetish, i truly do, but do you think i'd go around hating on actual homosexual people? do you think i'd go around calling someone a "faggot" or "dyke"?
No, i would never do that, i respect homosexuals as human beings, and i'm sure the majority of us here do, but Yaoi and homosexuality as a fetish is something else.

if people are gonna act immature and call people homophobes for silly reasons, so be it.
Apr 26, 2013 2:21 PM

Sep 2010
KyoAni will deeply miss your financial contributions you have made in the past.

Im only a client not an investor one in thousands. But they are doing series, so if they have no viewers and they dont sell dvds or at least getting popular in tokyo mx or sun tv, they regret for sure :) . I hope that they fail again as it happened with Tamako. It could be a success, but i hope not.
War_lotharApr 26, 2013 2:25 PM
Apr 26, 2013 2:37 PM

Nov 2008
I lasted four pages of this thread until I gave up and vomited.

It's both amusing and pathetic just how angry people are about this anime even existing.

I, for one, am going to watch it once it airs, and mostly likely enjoy it.
Apr 26, 2013 2:39 PM

Jul 2011
You know what's retarded? Saying that an anime that hasn't even aired yet is plotless or "so gay it hurts" or hating something because it's loved by fujioshis or targeted at women, or plainly hating something for no reason at all.
EdenBagginsApr 26, 2013 2:46 PM
Apr 26, 2013 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
EdenBaggins said:
You know what's retarded? Saying that an anime that hasn't even aired yet is plotless or "so gay it hurts" or hating something because it's loved by fujioshis, or targeted at women, or plainly hating something for no reason at all.

Yeah, it is stupid to hate something for no reason. I know because I do it. But we all do stupid things and think stupid things and we all don't have logical reasons for hating what we do. Sometimes we just do. I'm sorry if that offends you.
Apr 26, 2013 2:52 PM

Jul 2012
SO IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED? Oh my god. LOL

I'm not into fanservice and all but this is the only exception.
Apr 26, 2013 2:53 PM

Nov 2007
Pkmn said:
Exited, I can't wait for this to air.
yes, I exited too.
Apr 26, 2013 3:02 PM

Mar 2009
For real???.. I hope this to be really good, at least good D:
Is happening very soon, seems like they were already planing it.
Apr 26, 2013 3:22 PM

Aug 2008
fangasm.

:D
Apr 26, 2013 3:23 PM

Dec 2009
As long as it's interesting, it might not be that bad.
Nice to see KyoAni doing something different from the usual moe stuff.
Apr 26, 2013 3:25 PM

Oct 2007
Stuartxtr7 said:
Are you seriously implying these boys aren't moe?
Apr 26, 2013 3:29 PM

Dec 2009
Progeusz said:
Stuartxtr7 said:
Are you seriously implying these boys aren't moe?

The blond one looks moe.
Apr 26, 2013 3:30 PM
Apr 2010
Has potential to be cool and actually be about swimming.
Apr 26, 2013 3:31 PM

Sep 2012
It makes perfect sense for KyoAni to create something that will be successful.

I'm somewhat excited, seems like it could interesting.

I've already got my favourite guy
Apr 26, 2013 3:32 PM

Sep 2011
Raikomyth said:
It makes perfect sense for KyoAni to create something that will be successful.

that's one of the least things to except from this anime in all truth.

anyways,
if see one more stupid/offensive/pointless post again, i'm going to ask the moderators to lock the thread and hope they do.

i swear, if i see more "this is gay", or "fujoshit", or "moefags" or "is homophobe" or "sukmyrosedoodkyoanifans" comments...

better get your shit together people.
Apr 26, 2013 3:32 PM

Oct 2012
LOL. I KNEW IT! KyoAni's gonna capture all the girls now :)

*On another note, it's nice to see you doing news again dtshyk(:
onesnowyday_Apr 26, 2013 7:10 PM

Apr 26, 2013 3:33 PM

Jun 2010
Swimming anime?

Pretty damn excited for this.
Apr 26, 2013 3:33 PM

Aug 2011
I'd rather have Hyouka S2 and I don't even like Hyouka.
Apr 26, 2013 3:34 PM

Apr 2011
Stuartxtr7 said:

Moe, is a subjective term. I.e. if it is moe to the person then it is moe.
Apr 26, 2013 3:34 PM

Oct 2011
So,it be interesting to see where this goes.
That's all I can say till I see the show & how well it sell.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Apr 26, 2013 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
i really miss sport anime since knb... i hope thats yaoi thing is not true

Apr 26, 2013 3:46 PM
Dec 2011
I'll watch it, I don't mind fujioshit shows but the western audience is just plain bad. You can just go to tumblr and see what I am talking. They ruin comics, they ruin manga, and they ruin western cartoons. They have yaoi goggles on at all times. The way they type is so obnoxious. Why do they have to include emoticons after every other word? And they try to be random at all times. Guess they are just stuck back in 2007. Someone should make an internet guide for them.
Apr 26, 2013 3:46 PM

Aug 2011
YES.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

OH GOD

OH HOLY GOD

YES.

I've wanted this SO MUCH.

NO WORDS

YES YES YES.

KYOANI IS BEAUTIFUL. NOTHING COULD HAVE MADE MY CRAPPY DAY BETTER THAN HEARING THIS.
Apr 26, 2013 3:47 PM

Aug 2007
Anime of the year, all years.
Apr 26, 2013 3:49 PM

Jul 2011
Ha, looks like the fangirl efforts paid off...

Watching for the bishies. Not expecting much at all.

If it pulls good animation then it might not be half bad.

But please, not in those tight swimsuits... D:
MirorinApr 26, 2013 3:55 PM
Apr 26, 2013 3:49 PM

Mar 2012
I'm not sure if I should be excited or grimace. Can't believe they managed to pull this off, too.
May or may not watch, depending on pilot episode.
Apr 26, 2013 3:54 PM

May 2011
I just see bros acting like bros
Apr 26, 2013 4:01 PM

May 2012
I'll give it a try, with hopes for it being a good sports anime. I just have this feeling that it will be more slice of life than sports.
Apr 26, 2013 4:03 PM

Jun 2012
I'm really looking forward to this! :-)
N☆ 

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
20 minutes ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
23 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 59 minutes ago

2 by derpinat0rz »»
46 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
4 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.