Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 25, 2008 6:24 AM

Jan 2008
What are some good RPG style games to play on PC? Not MMORPG, just normal type plz! lol

Thanks Puvi2Groovy for pointing out the invisible space :D
Dec 25, 2008 6:32 AM

Dec 2008
Singleplayer or multiplayer?

Or Both

There is Olbivion, Fallout 3, Two Worlds.

Two Worlds got Mutliplayer i think.

I forgot the names of the rpg games i used to play
Dec 25, 2008 9:21 AM

Feb 2008
ES3: Morrowind, if you can handle the outdated graphics.
Also, with the same requirements, Neverwinter Nights and Diablo 2 (though who hasn't played Diablo 2?)

Edit: Whoops, none of these games are new, they're all pretty old actually :P

Dec 25, 2008 10:42 AM

Dec 2008
omg! dont play two Worlds...full of buggs...sux*
I agree with Vegreaper...NWN2 +exp or Diablo ...but Old school rulz...but new century games...i think Oblivion ES IV(its more FPS,with some rpg characteristics,but its good game), Fallout 3, Gothic3 +new exp....many good rpgs^^
- Signature Removed -
The signature seriously lacked "It's a Sony" qualities.
Dec 25, 2008 4:31 PM

Dec 2007
Even I get the creeps from playing Fallout 3, and that's almost impossible considering the massacre I create in every game that even the holocaust cannot top. Games should fear me, not the other way around D:

Really though, there's more than enough choice. Have you ever considered registering for a game magazine? Reading a decent game mag once a month has really helped me deciding what to get.
Dec 25, 2008 9:50 PM

Aug 2008
How far back in time are you willing to go? There are many excellent PC RPGs and a lot of them are old. Bioware, ranging from Mass Effect back to Baldur's Gate, is a pretty safe bet. I'd hit up KotOR, Planescape Torment, NWN (Hordes expansion!), and BG II as their best offerings.
Dec 28, 2008 3:04 PM

Jun 2007
shinkeikaku said:
How far back in time are you willing to go? There are many excellent PC RPGs and a lot of them are old. Bioware, ranging from Mass Effect back to Baldur's Gate, is a pretty safe bet. I'd hit up KotOR, Planescape Torment, NWN (Hordes expansion!), and BG II as their best offerings.

I'd have to echo the Baldur's gate series and the original KotoR as well.
MY FIGHT MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!
Dec 28, 2008 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
xeixei said:
shinkeikaku said:

Difficult to find nowadays. Also be sure to look out for Icewind dale I & II, and any of the might and magic games (VI to VIII). Yeah, retro ftw *playing a DOS game on my widescreen as I write this*
Dec 28, 2008 4:14 PM

Sep 2007
Mozzi said:
PC?

Ah crap I'm out (rushed in this thread actually). The only one I really have is Diablo but I'm sure most played that already.
Dec 28, 2008 4:19 PM

Aug 2008
Since others have warmed to games that are relatively old (I'll second Might and Magic 6 and 7, not sure about 8), I'd like to add Ultima 7 (Serpent Isle) and Ultima 8.

Not all the games I listed are hard to find either (maybe in store). Quite a few are available online and you don't necessarily have to pay a lot.
Dec 28, 2008 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
Aah, yeah. A bit more modern classic. Wizardry 8. Really deep stuff. Got it on my computer downstairs.
Dec 28, 2008 7:57 PM

Oct 2007
+ Arcanum, Avernum, Bard's Tale, Drakensang, Geneforge, Gothic 2 NotR, Jade Empire, NwN2: MotB, Temple of Elemental Evil, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.
Violence doesn't solve anything.
More violence does.
Dec 29, 2008 4:06 AM

Jan 2008
sseth672 said:

Difficult to find nowadays. Also be sure to look out for Icewind dale I & II, and any of the might and magic games (VI to VIII). Yeah, retro ftw *playing a DOS game on my widescreen as I write this*

yeah Might and Magic rocks xD

Thanks Puvi2Groovy for pointing out the invisible space :D
Dec 29, 2008 4:16 AM

Dec 2008
Mozzi said:
sseth672 said:

yeah Might and Magic rocks xD

Might and Magic VI rocks. I want to play it now but this antique of a game wouldn't start on my somewhat new system. DAMN!~
Dec 30, 2008 7:14 AM

Aug 2008
Games I enjoyed every second of them:

The Elder Scroll IV - Oblivion (If you like an huge open world, with it's pros & cons)

The Witcher - Enchanced Edition (A serious RPG, not for hack&slash)

King's Bounty - The Legend (The battles are HoM&M style, the rest RPG)

Overlord (A unique and enjoyable game, can't wait for the sequel)

Fable - The Lost Chapters (Got some unique features, like getting older & scars)

Titan Quest (If you like Diablo II and/or you like hack&slash in general, you should try it)

Knights of the Old Republic 2 (It's fun, but not for everyone)

Zax - Alien Hunter (Old, but I really liked it back then)

Diablo II (classic, had to mention)

Games I haven't played, but probably worth checking out:

Fallout 3

Neverwinter Night 2

Gothic 2/3

Mass Effect
EsleyDec 30, 2008 8:31 AM
Dec 30, 2008 8:06 AM

Dec 2008
Comparing Neverwinter Nights 2 and its previous entries, NWN2 spells weak in the graphics and spell effects department in my opinion. The companion AI can be quite stupid at times too. On the other hand... the character dialogues and role-playing factor were pretty good. Great voice-acting and a wide choice of what you can say to NPCs makes the game really fun. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. If you want a game that is heavily focused on role-play, Neverwinter Nights 2 is a nice choice.
Jan 2, 2009 11:29 PM

Jun 2008
Tenchu Time Of The Assassins.
Tales Of the World -Radiant Mythology-
Breath Of Fire.

that's all I can think of ^^

More topics from this board

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

51 by juanlqr »»
1 hour ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - 4 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
4 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

4 by _Nette_ »»
5 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
Yesterday, 2:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.