3It was OK
18.1%
2Disliked it
13.0%
1Hated it
3.3%
Average 3.8
215 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2013 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow, the city is under attack. So many of those freaking bird things going after that colossal ship or whatever it is.

Nice to see Byakko in this episode again kicking ass like a boss I guess. Lol, I can see that the city is under siege now but hey, gotta survive!

Poor Hinako ;.; all that injuries. I hope she'll be okay. Oh and I liked some of the soundtrack in this episode.
Stark700Apr 25, 2013 11:45 AM
Apr 25, 2013 10:37 AM
Jan 2012
Good action packed episode and hope Hinako is okay with that injuries... Is that Otome in the preview? couldn't confirm it since I was watching a not real good stream
Apr 25, 2013 10:45 AM
Jan 2012
Aro-chii said:
I didn't like the episode ...
I mean Ronaldo and AO they should not be in this episode :T
But OMG NEXT WEEK EPISODE !!! JUNGO , JOEEEEEEE,OTOME and Airi too ~~~ <<<<<<3333333
I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're changing this anime so much that I don't even care anymore... just going with the flow
Apr 25, 2013 11:03 AM
Jan 2012
Aro-chii said:
neji3994 said:
Aro-chii said:
But OMG NEXT WEEK EPISODE !!! JUNGO , JOEEEEEEE,OTOME and Airi too ~~~ <<<<<<3333333

They're changing this anime so much that I don't even care anymore... just going with the flow

I know :<

Haven't finished the game yet but I can see they are going with the "Everbody dies except the main characters route"
neji3994Apr 25, 2013 11:07 AM
Apr 25, 2013 11:17 AM
Jan 2012
Aro-chii said:
neji3994 said:
Aro-chii said:
neji3994 said:
Aro-chii said:

I know :<

Haven't finished the game yet but I can see they are going with the "Everbody dies except the main characters route"

Hinako is alive !

And I hope they won't kill her next episode
Apr 25, 2013 11:37 AM

Mar 2013
She won't die yet,after all they still need her for
Apr 25, 2013 11:54 AM

Nov 2008
zakkun89 said:

Seeing how rushed this is, I can't see that event happening or if it does, it will be original meaning none of Hinako's elegant dancing. Good god they didn't kill her this episode but she's barely alive.

All these episodes are a mess, everything keeps changing, Ronaldo isn't even encountered this early in the games.

Apr 25, 2013 12:01 PM
Jan 2012
Hoppy said:
zakkun89 said:

Seeing how rushed this is, I can't see that event happening or if it does, it will be original meaning none of Hinako's elegant dancing. Good god they didn't kill her this episode but she's barely alive.

All these episodes are a mess, everything keeps changing, Ronaldo isn't even encountered this early in the games.

I will keep playing the game and will try to finish before next episode airs... I think the Persona 4 anime is better than this one because in the very least they followed the game but this one might have a better story so I'll play it to know
Apr 25, 2013 12:03 PM

Jun 2012
God damn how many people were killed or gravely injured this episode? Gives a real sense of danger to the show

It's understandable to see Hibiki's frustration and why he acted as reckless as he did but hopefully he learns from this ordeal and can apply it in the future. It seems like he will with Byakko's new red lightning

Nitta's new demon Kikuri-hime was cool and all but what was the point of it? It's good she'll be able to more powerful demons alongside with Hibiki but the way she got it and the reasons why she got it at that particular point felt cheap and a waste of potential character development

Edit: Going off of my last para, I guess Nitta taking charge for once instead of being a damsel in distress is what they were going for but still in my opinion the show could've executed the progression better so it feels more satisfying when she actually summons it for the first time. Though to the show's credit, it "works" at least
HybridMBLApr 25, 2013 2:19 PM
Apr 25, 2013 12:08 PM

Oct 2011
Wow that ship thing is killing everyone. It seems Hibiki can't save everyone. Byakko was cool as always. Noo Hinako. Damn Alcor made his appearance to Hibiki. I like Nitta's new summon Kikuri Hime. Awesome OST in this episode
Apr 25, 2013 12:14 PM
Apr 2013
Awesome episode.

I noticed something in the preview.

Apr 25, 2013 12:14 PM
Feb 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:
Nitta's new demon Kikuri-hime was cool and all but what was the point of it? It's good she can fight more powerful demons and all along with Hibiki but the way she got it and the reasons why she got it at that particular point felt cheap and a waste of potential character development

It did get taken out pretty easily though, probably representing that she's still got some way to go in controlling her emotions, since just felt like she was rushing at it with no plan, rather just the thought of helping Hibiki.

Liked seeing Byakko powering up, showing how the deaths and sacrifices are strengthening Hibiki's resolve. Really wish Daichi would stop being an annoying brat though. I cringe every time I hear him scream Hibiki.
Apr 25, 2013 12:19 PM

Mar 2013
Hoppy said:
zakkun89 said:

Seeing how rushed this is, I can't see that event happening or if it does, it will be original meaning none of Hinako's elegant dancing.

It will be a complete disaster if they didn't do

And some scan depict they will indeed include the above scene so there is no sense in skipping Hinako's part of the fun.

Beside,no female allow to die yet until we finally get to wander into the secret garden.Seeing the preview,seem like we've got all the ingredients for it to happen <3
Apr 25, 2013 12:20 PM

Aug 2010
Woah...that was pretty good and nxt ep seems even better.

Never expected that much destruction to happen this early in the series.

Byakko was BA! And glad that Hibiki isn't going emo mode for long and immediately getting over it.

Glad that Nitta seems to be useful with Kikuri-hime which seems like a high level demon.

I thought Hinako was gonna die but glad she isn't hehe.

That Ronaldo guy at the end seems to be a BA. I can't wait to meet all the characters in the OP and ED. They seem interesting.
Apr 25, 2013 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
"Alcor", huh? :( On one hand, I won't have to worry about slipping up with his names anymore, but on the other hand, there was a reason he didn't want to be called that...

And former JP member Ronaldo Kuriki too. Can't say I mind the change there. Wonder if Dera-Deka's going to be cut from the anime completely or if he'll have his backstory changed too.

And man, the anime's not pulling any punches with Hibiki either. Can't see having the deaths of all those JP's on more or less his head doing him any favors. I'm glad Hinako didn't die on him, though.

Pretty decent episode, and I'm looking forward to the next one with Joe, Team Nagoya, and some flashbacks.
Apr 25, 2013 12:41 PM

Apr 2013
The episode was OK..but..so many people die :( I love Byakko he`s amazing..Hibiki too :>
Apr 25, 2013 12:43 PM

Nov 2012
I'm enjoying it but from a player that finished all routes in the game,they are changing TOO MUCH,the thing may have 7 days,but they are rushing so fast that making me uneasy watching it :S
Apr 25, 2013 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
It's no P4, that's for sure. Not as bad as Trinity Soul, but still nothing to look for each week. Maybe it's fine for game fans but it doesn't work as standalone series.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 25, 2013 1:10 PM

May 2012
Another bad action episode.

It's a shame that MI:DS2A's not animated by ufotable.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 25, 2013 1:14 PM

Mar 2013
Anyone else getting extremely bored with this show? I want to quit it but there's always something that make me want to watch the next episode. It's not that it has a terrible story but the way it's executed makes me want to gouge out my eyes.
Apr 25, 2013 2:03 PM

Dec 2011
The Septentrion pretty much raped everybody. My goodness.
This show is losing its cohesiveness... but loving the development that Hibiki left the JPs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2013 2:16 PM

Feb 2013
Oh snap red thunder!!!! YES HIBIKI! And wait at the end did he go with them? I guess so cuz Nitta screamed out to him....

And I wonder where his powers will take him :3 At least he's not one of those protagonists who gain a power and kinda go crazy with it like Shu or Lelouch :3
Apr 25, 2013 2:36 PM
Oct 2011
I'm so split. I hate that they've spent nearly 1/4th of the series on a SINGLE day and will only continue that with Day 2 being at least a 2 parter.

But I'm also smart enough to look at it objectively and not hold it to the game and criticize it for every inconsistency, like others have been.

I'll watch it to the end, but I'm skeptical.
Apr 25, 2013 3:03 PM

Jan 2011
What attack did byakko use? "Power charge" and then "deathbound"/"Assassinate"?

This battle was on a much larger scale than it was in the game, I wonder how big they will make the battle with Megrez.
VioLinkApr 25, 2013 3:09 PM
[center]
Apr 25, 2013 3:10 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, thought we'd lost Hinako but she's hanging in there as the ED still has her in.
Apr 25, 2013 3:13 PM

Nov 2007
More attack, and the three are out of line. The enemy is strong even for Byakko. The dead is too much.

The talk between Hibiki and Sakurai-san's character is kind of interesting, which that made him win against the enemy. Another association suddenly came to take Hibiki!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 25, 2013 3:18 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
YLK said:
I'm so split. I hate that they've spent nearly 1/4th of the series on a SINGLE day and will only continue that with Day 2 being at least a 2 parter.

That's why it felt incredibly rushed :O I was literally like, what the heck is happening...the action scenes were exciting, but besides the first episode, I haven't really gotten into this yet, which is weird because I thought I would. But I still like Hibiki and Daichi. I'm glad Daichi isn't one of those annoying characters who want in on the action. When they told him his demons were too weak and that he would be on the med-something team, he accepted it quickly ^^ Hm but I do agree that the execution of this hasn't been very good...makes me want to play the game.
Apr 25, 2013 3:22 PM
Sep 2012
I don't know about any of y'all, but when I played the first Devil Survivor, I used Kikuri-hime as a healer. Seeing her attacking is kind of funny to me. I hope the 3DS version of the game gets released outside of Japan soon after SMT4.
Apr 25, 2013 3:53 PM

Jan 2013
They have already changed so many things that I don't really care that much anymore.
The voice acting sounds weird sometimes...or is it just me?
Nice to see Io getting some spotlight.
And the preview looks nice, Cerberus will appear *o*
Please understand.
Apr 25, 2013 3:54 PM

Mar 2013
Not sure how to feel about this episode.. But it felt somewhat rushed, and incomplete. I liked Hibiki since the start of the show, but he proved to be somewhat thick headed, and far too over confident with his powers, which led to more disaster..

I also disliked the lack of emotions show in the characters so far. Barely any face expressions on Hibiki altho we know he was pretty pissed and determined to save "everyone" which put him the the typical "I wanna be a hero" position. Nothing wrong with that, but I hope he doesn't remain this way through out the whole show trying to save everyone, only to get all butt hurt when someone gets hurt, and rages with his over powered demon.
Apr 25, 2013 3:56 PM

Sep 2012
Overpowered MC is annoying me
Was Kikuri-hime using Holy Dance?
All my favourites characters next week <3
Apr 25, 2013 4:02 PM

Apr 2012
Antanaru said:
It's no P4, that's for sure. Not as bad as Trinity Soul, but still nothing to look for each week. Maybe it's fine for game fans but it doesn't work as standalone series.

At this point the anime is almost nothing like the game aside from fighting the same bosses. Even characterizations and now back stories seem to have changed
Apr 25, 2013 4:24 PM

Feb 2012
Septentrion went ham on everybody.

Looks like more chars will be thrown in next week, yeee.
Apr 25, 2013 4:27 PM

May 2012
meh.

Apr 25, 2013 4:54 PM

Jan 2008
Now that they have Kikuri-Hime, I wonder if they'll try and use Recarm to revive Keita, and a healing move like Media or Affection for Hinako, since she seemed to be close to death...whom if they decide to kill off too in this series, I'd be pretty disappointed.
Estoy_GordoApr 25, 2013 5:01 PM
Apr 25, 2013 4:54 PM

Feb 2012
http://youtu.be/Ina4fRByKe4
I HAVE TO SAY THIS EPISODE WAS PRETTY GOOD NOTHING SPECIAL BUT IT WAS PRETTY GOOD STILL CAN'T BELIEVE KEITA DIED
It is impossible to achieve perfection, For our essence is already perfect
Apr 25, 2013 4:55 PM

Jan 2011
Lol wow next episode, there like throwing in 4 new characters which they should have done 2 episodes ago :/

Good episode
Apr 25, 2013 4:56 PM

Nov 2012
Whatever...
Apr 25, 2013 5:13 PM

May 2010
Very cut and paste episode.
Apr 25, 2013 5:18 PM

Dec 2010
This anime is awful........................................
Apr 25, 2013 5:41 PM

Jan 2012
This is like Pokemon on steroids... but really bad.

I lost interest in the first episode when a CG breast implant floated in from off screen and started shooting artillery shells.
Apr 25, 2013 5:46 PM

Apr 2013
This show is so badly paced that I find it impossible to care about the characters or the situation in which they find themselves. I can't really imagine the plot being more rushed than it is.
Apr 25, 2013 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
The battle with Merak in the anime is more wide scale than the game. If that many people died against Merak then I wonder how many would die against stronger Septentrion.

I don't like that they reveal Anguished One name so soon.

Apr 25, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
Still better than trinity souls

So many people died and it's only Day 2 geez glad that Hinako made it but i doubt she'll last long at this rate.

Red headed girl nice week whoo!
Apr 25, 2013 7:13 PM

Jul 2011
If you want a word for word adaption of the game, you know what you should do?

Go play the game. I want a different version of Devil Survivor 2. If I wanted the plot of the game, I'd go play the game.

All these comments about 'pacing', like they have any clue what pacing actually is. Then there's comments about "too much action", and it feels rushed. Of course it is. They have 12 episodes. Would you like them to do half the game in 12 episodes and go, "lolk we're done no more"?

It's not even like the episode was even that great. There's plenty of complaints to make about it apart from 'it doesn't keep to the game' and 'it's too rushed'. Mindblowningly stupid reactions.
Apr 25, 2013 7:15 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, well that was a big change. i didnt really like this episode to be honest. It was really anti climactic.
I do hope the girl that saved him is ok (Forgot her name lol) and i still think the anime has lots of potential but i dont think that episode made any sense. It went from one thing to something totally different between 2 episodes. I think they need to slow it down a bit. Or actually build characters so we get sad when they die lol. Cuz as of right now i wont really get that upset if a character dies. Except if his friend does hes badass lol.
Apr 25, 2013 7:15 PM

Mar 2011
Changing so many thing? If anything they have ADDED things, the main plot is still EXACTLY the same. And apparently, in the next episode, we may have

Also, WHAT exactly is rushed? Three episode for a day, and AT LEAST 2, possibly 3 for tuesday. And one WHOLE ep only for Merak. Doesn't seem rushed at all to me. If anything they are adding backstory for Ronaldo and the others (which is understandable
, and didn't remove any important thing yet. That's a lot better and create a surprise even for people who played the game.
Also, you cannot revive people dead in death clips with recarm, that's a given. The healing part may happen, though.

The fights are still quite meh though, but that's not the most important point of the anime/game.

*Edit*
LordspectreX, I love you. Finally someone who isn't just complaining because of some changes that may be interesting. Hibiki fighting against Jp and Io and Daichi for a while in Nagoya because of what he will learn about Yamato here could be kind of cool.

Also, I'm not so sure about the 12 episodes part.
For now, every important scene is here. So they'll probably keep Shiva too, otherwise they would have removed Fumi and Botis.

There is also no septentrion in the preview of ep5 si it will at least be in ep6 or later. I'd say that there is an high chance for the anime to have more than 12 - 14 eps, espercially because later days are longer and they are adding new things that are not in the game.
willardhwrightApr 25, 2013 7:24 PM
Apr 25, 2013 7:24 PM

Jan 2008
So are we going 'that' route with the anime?
Apr 25, 2013 7:25 PM

Mar 2011
Paul said:
So are we going 'that' route with the anime?

For now I'd say that it goes towards
but I'm not sure of it at all really. some points fit, others don't.
Apr 25, 2013 7:36 PM

May 2012
Really mixed. I generally liked the episode, but I've started to develop some real criticisms of the way certain aspects of the show are handled. For example, the fact that they're holding their cellphone up the whole time as if it's a remote control? I just don't see the point of that, and it frankly looks absurd.

The anticlimatic battle scene in this episode really disappointed me. Merak comes in, destroys hundreds if not thousands of demons and people, levels a good portion of the city... and then gets destroyed in five seconds by a post-defeat/trauma comeback by Hibiki

Regardless, the substantive differences between it and the game I don't find negative. Like others have said, if I wanted a plot identical to the game then I'd just play through the game again. So apart from the rather bland action, I enjoyed the episode. Although I'm afraid that I might not be liking this show if I hadn't played the game. It doesn't really draw me in like it should, and I feel more like I'm watching because of the game rather than me enjoying the series.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

259 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 12:07 PM

» Time Loop Theory (Game Spoilers)

Kaiser-chan - Jun 4, 2013

3 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

180 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

184 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

134 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.