Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 2, 2016 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
This show. My ability to suspend disbelief is challenged even more with each episode but whatever, I'll go with it.

One man army Eru-Erufu teaming up with Haruto... So basically, there's gonna be a lot more biting going on, huh. Cue the fujoshi.

Shoko being Shoko and endangering herself to go running to save another person. I wanna sigh in exasperation but at the same time I kind of understand. If you saw someone who was in danger, you can't just look the other way.
Feb 18, 2021 3:45 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewatch

One thing I do appreciate in this show is the geopolitics (it's been 71 years since a calendar change so who knows how far into the future it is).

JIOR is all of Asia east of Pakistan, some parts of Africa, and the Oceanian region, but bizarrely Iceland, too? Any way, with their Dyson Sphere module being populated with characters with Japanese names and a Shinto shrine, JIOR are no doubt an allegory for modern post-WWII Japan, being not allowed to have true or large military, only a Self-Defense Force.

Dorssia (Europe east of and including Germany, all of the former USSR, some MENA countries, Afghanistan and Mongolia), when the chancellor was on the balcony, it looks like St. Peter's Basilica, but the far end looks like the Kremlin (and ARUS controls Italy according to the map). So I guess the writers are taking inspiration from the "Moscow is Third Rome Idea" and combining this with the Germanic Holy Roman Empire (so the name is Doitsu + Russia).

As for ARUS. JIOR is officially neutral and relies on ARUS for defense. But student council president Satomi hits the nail at 5:37
"That's the world's GDP leader for you! The world's policeman! The land of freedom! You can always count on ARUS!".
Fortress_MaximusFeb 23, 2021 4:34 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.