Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 28, 2013 2:19 AM
Jul 2011
Greetings! Could I ask which girl who will end up with haruto in the final episode, Shoko, Saki or both ?
Apr 28, 2013 2:23 AM
Aug 2012
SeerHu said:
Greetings! Could I ask which girl who will end up with haruto in the final episode, Shoko, Saki or both ?

This is an original anime, so nobody has any idea who will end up with who? Yo are free to make speculations but we can only wait until the end of the series.

Apr 28, 2013 2:25 AM

Mar 2012
SeerHu said:
I ship Haruto x Saki or whoever the blonde at the ED.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 28, 2013 2:47 AM

Feb 2012
I'm switching sides. Go L-elf!
Apr 28, 2013 5:38 AM

Mar 2013
This episode was awesome with all that twists, and maaaaaan DAT ending theme *_* Fucking amazing!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Apr 28, 2013 5:53 AM

Jun 2009
ma25 said:

Couples; Saki x L-ef (even if dislike it it will happen)

I like this theory. Looking foward for it
Apr 28, 2013 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
New Title for this series:
Code Geass Alternate: What Would've Happened if Suzaku hadn't been naive, self-righteous, and hypocritical.
AxiazApr 28, 2013 10:25 AM
Apr 28, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2011
dont get why people are comparing L-Elf to Lelouch beside how he plan all that and executed perfectly
out of all Sunrise characters i see him as a cold hearted over god mod douchbag version of of Chirico Curvie

both are the silent type
both were framed and have their own factions after them
both used a screw to escape (tho how Chirico did it is more realistically and less flashy)
both use skill instead of a superior mech
both are one man armies

also just realize that Haruto fast healing...
Apr 28, 2013 4:14 PM

Jan 2012
Well, this episode solidifies it. This is the type of show where it can be enjoyable just as long as you don't think too much about things. Like the decision to use rope to tie up a known criminal instead of hand-cuffs, L-Elf's screw escape method, the useless soldiers, L-Elf's uncanny ability to produce missiles out of nowhere, or the fact that you can apparently stop a vampire attack with a bitch slap. :P Now that I've decided to just enjoy the ride I'm left wondering where this will all lead.

I highly doubt that Haruto will say yes to L-Elf request, but I predict that he will be forced to oblige because L-Elf will somehow get Haruto's classmates on his side (As seen from the preview image which shows L-Elf's "just as planned" smile while Haruto's classmates are clapping behind him).

I don't really see why Saki would have feelings for Haruto (it would make more sense for her to have feelings for Aina, her "only friend"), I feel that there WILL be a triangle one way or another. I just don't get how anything in her back story could make her so upset about the childhood friend reveal, the shrine reveal, back when Haruto got that call from Shoko in episode 2 did you see her face? Her love for Haruto is the only explanation for all of those reactions. Although I feel that ultimately the ending pair will be Haruto X Shouko. Since Haruto has not told Shouko about being a vampire, Saki is the only love interest who knows and still stays by his side. They will grow closer throughout the episodes and it will look like they'll get together but then BAM! Shouko finds out about his vampire abilities, accepts him for who he is, and then they get together. I just hope they don't draw it out for long and Saki won't be too heart broken.

L-Elf X Saki? Ehh.. I don't really like the sound of that. They didn't really have the most romantic first encounter. :P.. And I feel that L-Elf already has a love interest.

This girl.

But that's only if she's the Liselotte he mentions in episode one and she's not already dead.
queenSwildApr 28, 2013 5:38 PM
Apr 28, 2013 4:56 PM

Jun 2011
FukuJun is still best character.

Fingers crossed for lots more screams of ERU ERUFURU next episode.
[An incredibly creative signature]
Apr 28, 2013 4:56 PM

Feb 2013
One thing I didn't notice until I saw the episode again, was that the reason ARUS was trying to evacuate JIOR, is because they knew they were going to have to retreat and fast. Both L-elf and the meeting of Cain and the rest of L-11's team, say that Dorssia is going to come back to retake JIOR. The ARUS know this and they know that while their men could take down a simple squadron, a whole fleet is another matter. They want to come in, evacuate as many as they can, and then make a hasty retreat before the Dorssian forces come back in even greater number.
Apr 28, 2013 7:04 PM

Aug 2012
They live in space cities, yet they had nothing better to detain L-Elf with than a rope?
Apr 28, 2013 10:20 PM
Jan 2012
Irenesharda said:

I see what you're saying, but I doubt that North Korea is really that close to Dorssia. I highly doubt that NK has enough firepower and manpower to take on South Korea AND the US AND all of it's allies, which is pretty much what Dorssia is capable of. However, I do understand your correlation.

That's why I said, I used my imagination. ;) The current NK relies on old technology and treats most of its non-military citizens like dirt. Realistically speaking, of course they're far from Dorsia's own military might.

However, if North Korea's military had that kind of advance man/fire power with mecha weaponry to boot (that can probably shoot out nuclear bombs), the whole world will be in trouble. NK teaches its upper class kids to work like robots at an early age when performing music or some other acrobatic art. (Not to mention, the propaganda.) Which, in turn, displays obedience and diligence to a tee. I can imagine, that's how NK's military works... Dorsia seems to have a pretty loyal military force, but I have that feeling L-11 will change all of that..... :D
Apr 29, 2013 4:21 AM
Jan 2011
Holy F*CKING SH*T! How stupid are those soldiers?

"Hey this guy killed 5k soldiers solo! Let's stand right next to him with guns!"

They should of smashed his fingers and hands then super glued both of them together. Same with the feet. Smash then glue and bind. Also blind fold him or at least drug the crap out of him first before anything else.

Also soldiers with guns should NOT STAND SO GOD DAMN CLOSE! Also instead of rope why the hell aren't they using hand cuffs? Seriously they have god damn spaceships. Why the f*ck are they still using rope made of hemp or whatever that rope was made of. They should of also tied up his arms too or smash them then tie it. Oh also tie him down to the chair... ya that'd help...

They should have carbon fiber hand cuffs by then! Hell even cops in our era with those plastic zip ties are better then those guys that got their asses owned.
Apr 29, 2013 5:00 AM

Jul 2007
The first episode was decent and then great.
The second was great and then mediocre.
The third is just generic.

This show is plagued by A LOT of problems

- Predictability. When you can call shit happening BEFORE it happens...seriously....It got less predictable and more fresh in end-of-ep1 till mid-ep2, but everything else? way too easy to call.
- Overly nationalistic tendencies. Gee I get it China bad, USA decent, yet exploitative, Japan best. Can we stop putting this into every single anime you make, Sunrise? I should have known this was going to be the case when the lead mecha was revealed to have two giant katanas.
- The annoying love triangle crap gives me Aquarion Evol wibes AND THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING.
- The lead's personality is worrysome. if he will end up being yet another world-peace-pacifist-kira-yamato-gary stu I will flip a table. He showed promise in Episode 2 but the convenient-reveal-of-survival ruined it. the show would have been way more interesting with the whole "hero who is loved by everyone, yet lost the person he loved" kind of idea. Instead we get a shinji-ikari self-loathing gary stu(complete with "I AM A MONSTAH!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!" cliche) who wants peace of happiness for everybody? Oh well...This clashes with the rest of the show so much that it feels like executive meddling.
- Fanservice. Well of course it would not be sunrise without it, eh?
- Way too much suspension of disbelief required. Soldier stupidity, physics laws violations, etc can be forgiven. But L-Elf's character narrative pretty much relies on you suspending your disbelief and accepting he can do all that shit despite logic.

I want to like this show. It has great production values and pleasing aesthetics of the mechas. But it has way too many problems so far.
Apr 29, 2013 6:55 AM

Apr 2009
They all owe their lives to him, so they're paying him some immediate knee-jerk gratitude. However, I can already imagine the very same people turning their backs on him once they realize the price he paid for his power. But man, I really lost some respect for him after letting Shouko down last episode. It wasn't long after he "signed the contract" for Valvrave and here's another one... with a cornered but dangerous enemy. I can't say I've been impressed so far, but I do wish to see this show improve.
Apr 29, 2013 11:40 AM
Aug 2012
Brigandi said:
dont get why people are comparing L-Elf to Lelouch beside how he plan all that and executed perfectly
out of all Sunrise characters i see him as a cold hearted over god mod douchbag version of of Chirico Curvie

both are the silent type
both were framed and have their own factions after them
both used a screw to escape (tho how Chirico did it is more realistically and less flashy)
both use skill instead of a superior mech
both are one man armies

also just realize that Haruto fast healing...

You forgot to mention that he has a more powerful version of ZERO System (Gundam Wing) in his head. Calculating everything up to how many fighter planes would be launched, where would they fire, how many missiles will be needed and how he can do all that within 3.14!!!

Apr 29, 2013 11:43 AM

Mar 2013
^ you have a freaking awesome signature.
Apr 29, 2013 7:00 PM

Oct 2007
SummerYoung said:

Should read, unless it's Kyoani or SHAFT in which case it's the exact opposite.
Apr 29, 2013 11:32 PM

Sep 2012
I'm getting an Asura Cryin' feel from this anime for some reason (maybe it's the ED lol), only Valvrave has been a lot more entertaining so far. I wonder what L-Elf's plan for revolution is. So far his planning skills have been pretty legit. Gonna be an interesting next episode.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Apr 30, 2013 5:26 AM
Aug 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
SummerYoung said:

Should read, unless it's Kyoani or SHAFT in which case it's the exact opposite.

@SummerYoung: Thanks.

@Kaioshin_Sama: I wasn't thinking about something so large scale, just pointing out how haters in MAL act like.

Apr 30, 2013 8:51 AM

Oct 2007
ZtarWarrior said:
I find it a bit unbelievable that L-Elf could arrive at the classroom exactly at the predicted time, now matter how much planning was involved beforehand. Pretty cool escape though. Episode itself was ok.

He was waiting in the hallway, watching his watch to be just on time, of course!

SeerHu said:

It will be Saki x Shoko!
It's the best, since L-Elf just said he want Haruto...

They should stop to add stupid fake romance in every shounen! It's absolutely not needed here! Just keep it for shounen harem!
Is there really someone who watch shounen mecha sci-fi anime for the romance???
At least it's not Haruto who "discover" the "hidden school president sister".

Naked girls in bath... of course...
Well, I will not complain for this since I had enough for myself: betrayal, rival, friendship, body's possession, vampire's bite... all of this with bishounen! ^o^
May 1, 2013 9:50 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.
L-Elf is one extraordinary soldier. Though I think it is almost impossible to do that kind of things(killing many people without slightest injury and planning all of that in such a pressing situation) in real life.
The question still remain, who and what kind of purpose Valvrave built for?
I like anime.
May 2, 2013 2:26 PM

Nov 2012
One 17 year old soldier takes out over 200 armed ones......

I don't even.....

Episode Naxcore: 1 out of 5
May 3, 2013 8:02 AM

Apr 2013
I can't comprehend this anime
And the characters seems lifeless
But it's also interesting where the story will go with so much surprises revealed
May 3, 2013 8:35 AM

Dec 2011
That last sentence is the only thing that stopped me dropping this.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 5, 2013 2:54 AM

Jul 2008
This is deja vu all over again and its only been 3 episodes.
May 6, 2013 5:58 AM
Jul 2018

L-Elf wants revolution on Dorssia?
May 6, 2013 6:02 AM
Apr 2013
It is interesting. 4/6
May 11, 2013 1:17 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, at least this show isn't shy about showing getting stabbed, cut, shot at, you name it. heh
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 11, 2013 2:21 AM
Jan 2010
EruEruffu is such a mary sue.
May 11, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2013
Wow! OP and ED are amazing.
I don't care if I lose my mind. I'm already cursed.
May 15, 2013 12:23 AM

Feb 2008
"He a really dangerous soldier. Let's just tie him with a rope." Best logic. Pretty silly episode with lots of ridiculous twists and scenes. Was it supposed to be ridiculous or serious? Not sure how to look at it.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 20, 2013 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
Okay... I'm sorry, but that was actually retarded. Legitimately retarded. From the second they said: "You took down a brigade of 5,000 by yourself!" I was like: "Oh no...." and then it just kept getting worse. Let's break this down real quick:

He loosens a screw without being noticed by the seven thousand people in the enclosed space with him, throws the tiny ass screw at a light fixture which shatters the light, CATCHES a tiny piece of glass, knee kicks a dude's face while still tied up, slits a guy's throat with that tiny piece of glass, avoids getting hit by thirty people shooting at him point-blank with machine guns in a TINY ROOM, takes a machine gun away from one of the thirty thousand guards, and mows them all down... (and of course he talks to himself. He's so much of a bad-ass that in order to find an equal he has no choice but to converse with himself)

That itself was bad. But at least it followed a certain kind of logic. I guess it COULD happen, MAYBE (that's a big fucking maybe.) What comes next was basically a giant middle finger to story-telling in general:

Now escaped, L-elf-puts-Rambo-to-fucking-shame is sitting down muttering to himself when the alarms go off. He mentions that it's been fifteen minutes since he escaped. Let's keep that number in mind. Fifteen minutes. Soldiers rush out and he wraps a wire around his waist and jumps off the top ledge of a twenty story staircase thing. The soldiers spot him and start shooting, but of course they miss (he is falling pretty fast). Okay, that's kind of cheesy, but it's also pretty cool, and it makes a kind of sense if you don't think about it too much. But wait. The wire disconnects while he's still falling. Oh shit! It's a trigger for explosives.

EVERY SINGLE FLOOR IN A TWENTY STORY BUILDING IS WIRED WITH EXPLOSIVES CONNECTED TO THIS GUY'S BUNGEE CORD... I need to repeat that: in fifteen minutes he has WIRED EVERY SINGLE FLOOR IN A TWENTY STORY BUILDING WITH EXPLOSIVES... That's the stupidest fucking thing I think I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing. It would have made more logical sense if he had gone Super-Saiyan and pulled a goddamn Spirit-Bomb out of his ass. I was so unbelievably floored by the ludicrousness of it all that I couldn't even laugh. It wasn't even funny anymore. My head still hurts from how horrible that was. I somehow manage to convince myself that this has to be a comedy anime, and that I've been trolled somehow; and this alone allows me to continue watching without becoming as brain-dead as whoever came up with that idea.

But it doesn't stop. Because now he's falling without a wire and the explosions are catching up to him. Let's take a break and do some math real quick: The average human in free-fall in normal gravity accelerates at about 9.8 meters per second squared. When the explosives go off, he's probably been falling for about 5-6 seconds. We'll be generous and say 5. That means he's reached a speed of about 45 meters per second. That is ~100 mph.

Traveling at speeds quickly approaching terminal velocity, and in danger of being "overrun" by his own explosions; what does he do? Well, naturally he kicks out with one leg, pushes off a wall, and flies to the side, narrowly avoiding being roasted by another explosion. Now... I'm not a physicist by any means, but even I know that even IF (big fucking if) he managed to change his direction that drastically, he WOULD STILL BE FALLING AT 100 MILES PER FUCKING HOUR! YOU DON'T LOSE ALL THE DOWNWARD MOMENTUM FROM A FALL JUST BECAUSE YOU APPLY FORCE TO ONE SIDE! I learned this when I was like seven years old! But this guy... he flips Isaac Newton the bird and gently tumbles to the side, thus proving three-thousand years of mathematics false without even breaking a sweat.

But this Little Elf ain't done yet. In fact, he's just getting started. Somehow he ends up in some kind of vacuum chamber. And they have a line of guys with flamethrowers walking down the hallway toward him. Haha, yeah... right. Fire is gonna hurt the "One-Man-Brigade." Fuck your fire. He just uses a giant red-button switch to auto-close the blast-door behind him, cutting him off from the flame-thrower dudes. The same giant-red-button-switch also apparently opens all the doors leading out to space, so everyone flies out into space. Apparently they really needed a giant-red-button-switch to close one specific door and open all the other ones to vent out to space for some reason. And of course this BAMF knows where they keep the giant-red-button-switch that does whatever you want when you press the giant red button. At this point I can't even call it comedy. Even if it IS comedy, it's laying it on about two kilometers too thick.

Oh, you thought it was over? Yeah right. Because the "One-Man-Brigade" would really just stop with breaking every goddamn rule of basic story-telling and physical law all in one action sequence. Hell no!

Finally someone gets the bright idea to send in some warships after the guy. So they fire a couple laser beams down the vacuum chamber. Huge explosion. GIANT PURPLE HEAT-SEEKING MISSILES FLY OUT OF THE EXPLOSION AND BLOW UP THE WARSHIPS! Where did he get the giant purple bazooka, you ask? And how does he even manage to fire it when the blast doors are closed and they just shot fucking laser beams down the goddamn tube he is in? Fuck you. That's your answer. Fuck you.

So General-Man decides to dock his massive warship in the docking bay. Naturally, Legolas decides to somehow wire up the docking bay (the docking bay is probably big enough to fit an entire fleet of nuclear powered aircraft carriers) with a SMOKE GRENADE. Yep. A smoke grenade big enough to fill the ENTIRE docking bay with smoke. And of course the fucking WARSHIP has to rely on it's windshield to see, so they crash into the wall of docking bay and get stuck. Apparently they've mastered the art of artificial gravity, of immortality, of giant mecha robots that go Super-Saiyan... but they haven't come up with infrared scanners and auto-piloting systems yet. Seems reasonable to me.

I've stopped caring at this point. I just want to wake up from this bad dream. And luckily, it's pretty much over. L-Douche instantaneously transports himself to the exact classroom the MC happens to be in and kills GENERIC BULLY NUMBER 1, thus fulfilling the prophecy he made at the beginning of the episode. Oh shit, I didn't mention the prophecy? Oh yeah, it's totally BADASS! See 007L-11 told EdwardHaruto at the beginning of the show that he would do exactly what he did and lo and behold, he did it all. And he even did it in the EXACT amount of time he said he would. I likes me a punctual man!

Anyway, they blah blah blah and apparently Silver-Bullet wants Professor Remus Lupin to help overthrow Nazi Germany with him. Why this fucker needs anyone's help is beyond me, but I'm sure there will be some reason why his fucking God-Mode doesn't work in outer space or some shit. Or maybe Monsters-INC. has his own version of God-Mode that counteracts David Bowie's God-Mode. I find it hard to give a shit. Fuck this show.

Anyway, 4/5. Would watch again.
Let's go bowling.
May 22, 2013 1:02 AM

Apr 2011
Gawd. This is getting hard to watch...
Jun 22, 2013 8:59 AM

Jun 2013
"Degen" means "épée" in German, not "rapier". You guys seem to be confusing it with the French "rapière" which means "Degen" in French. And "Degen" means "épée" in German.
Jun 27, 2013 8:14 PM

Jun 2011
HEY KIDS

If you have captured a mass murdering soldier what do you do?

a) Kill him.
b) Lock him up in a jail cell
c) Tie him to a FUCKING CHAIR

If you picked C, then congratulations! You are now qualified to be a ARUS offical!

also r.i.p thundah
Jul 1, 2013 12:45 PM

Dec 2008
"Make a pact with me." Dude, didn't you just kill Haruto two eps ago? Don't do it, Haruto!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 6, 2013 3:17 PM

Nov 2011
That L-elf guy was one of only two characters I had any interest in, but he's a bit on the OP side. :\

The other character I like is Asplund, but he doesn't get any screen-time. The only reason I like those two guys is probably the white/lavender hair, though. I love characters with white hair.<3

All those twists were unbelievably fantastic, too...I'm absolutely speechless. I have been waiting for R3 for SO LONG oh I can't believe it's finally out. Thank you, Sunrise!!
Jul 22, 2013 3:21 AM

Jul 2013
On my 3rd rewatch. It gets better every time.
I'm cooler than a cooler
Big shouts out to my jeweler
Bitch Chief Sosa stack dat mula
JezusBull said:
Ohh the ignorant masses, poor, ignorant people.
Kimi no Iru Machi said:
Whether it's in Tokyo or the countryside, panties will always remain the same. And the heart of the man who tries his best is also the same.

Aug 10, 2013 3:15 PM

May 2012
Oh boy he sure beat ass of all those soldiers... That ending sure was interesting! Some nice development going on, lets see what's next!

Lol @ that dakimakura in the beginning xD
Oct 16, 2013 3:41 AM

May 2013
well i hate to say this episode was a unreal, and i hate it wtf 1 boy kill 200 train personal from a loose screw of a chair....

comon fts 2/5
Dec 28, 2013 1:05 AM

Mar 2012
eh I think L-elf is a bit too much but, it's still interesting...for now...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 18, 2014 7:55 PM

Dec 2012
Well damn, L-Elf is a bad ass. He sure knows how to put on a show. Looks like the evacuation isn't going as planned, wonder what L-Elf meant at the end.
May 3, 2014 2:50 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, Shoko has a chest! Still enjoying it. So L-Elf wants to liberate Dorssia? So is he a traitor or what? Maybe ulterior motives? Pretty good episode.

Yeah, I agree with some of the posts about logic here. How did he manage to put explosives on 20 floors in 15 minutes? Where did he get the explosives? How can you throw a screw directly upwards with 2 fingers and at a speed to break the lights? But I'm not gonna mark it down for that. I mean they're in space! And Mechs!
Jun 6, 2014 2:46 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This show is way better than Guilty Crown.
Shouko had some cute moments here, and for a second I thought she would die since she went to a dark hallway but it was only Akira's room.

L Elf gets loose because some idiot did not tighten the screw.

Waiting for Shouko x Haruto

Sep 17, 2014 1:44 AM

Jul 2013
OP is an understatement for L-Elf.. he's just beyond ridiculous. Especially when he escaped using a fucking screw? James Bond is at awe!. He stood up against an entire fucking army and he planned EXACTLY how and when things will happen. This is not even funny..

And now he wants to start a revolution against the empire where he came from without the help of the ARUS because he just fucking butchered their soldiers. WTF!?
Dec 20, 2014 8:12 PM

Aug 2013
L-Elf.. he is in the realm of god.
His escape scene was beyond awesome.
Death is like a walk in the park for this anime hahaha.
I wonder what's on L-Elf's mind...
Oct 25, 2015 11:20 AM
May 2013
L-Elf =wizard
Jan 17, 2016 7:35 PM

Jul 2009
I fucking hate Haruto, seriously. L-elf badass as usual :)
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.