Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2013 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Of course L-Elf is going to get in trouble for what happened last week. Looks like school life is back for some of the characters. Oh and I'm not surprised that Haruto is the talk of the school now.

I can see that he's different not 'human' anymore though.

>Bitchslap.

Mm, I saw some of the chaos and confusion in the second half. Oh boy, here we go again.
Apr 25, 2013 10:25 AM

Jun 2011
ERU ERUFU
I work in VNs. Sometimes, they have h-scenes and I go "waai~". I also like to not write at Oppai is Justice, a blog with great urls.

Nov 2011
Why can't I hold all these twists?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Dec 2007
i need to start enjoying this anime otherwise it won't do me any good to watch it that haruto
Apr 25, 2013 11:39 AM
Nov 2009
this episode is too epic, damm l-elf is fucking monster cos 2 years ago he single handly wipe out 5k member of arus's Military unit and now he can escape from arus and wipe them out at the same time and even block the rest of the student from escaping. at the end of the episode l-elf ask haruto to make a contract with him to Revolution to dorssia and we got to know more about haruto's power, seem like he's a vampire with the way he's going for other's ppl neck when he lose control of himself.

now i wonder why l-elf want haruto to make a contract with him and bring revolution to dorssia and will more of haruto's power going to be shown or explain what he is or what the power is???
Shin_maouApr 25, 2013 11:43 AM
Apr 25, 2013 12:59 PM

Jul 2010
L-elf just went badass mode this episode. To think it all started with a loose screw, literally...

Nice of Sunrise to toss in some fan service with the girls naked in the bath.
Apr 25, 2013 1:18 PM

May 2009
I don't know what to think about this episode. Well, at least that was cute

also dem shokos
bastek66Apr 25, 2013 1:48 PM
Apr 25, 2013 1:22 PM
Mar 2013
i dunno if its just me or not but anyone get the Feeling that Shouko looks and acts kinda like Minori from Toradora...?
Apr 25, 2013 1:39 PM

May 2009
plot178 said:
i dunno if its just me or not but anyone get the Feeling that Shouko looks and acts kinda like Minori from Toradora...?

Not Hideyoshi?
Apr 25, 2013 3:37 PM

Nov 2007
lol~ NamiDai's voice!! So his character's sister is the one who sent the video from somewhere dark (it turns out to be a secret spot at school)?

Kimura-san's character wants to make revolution and asked the main guy to team up with him?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 25, 2013 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
waw
he just planed the whole ep
great ep
Apr 25, 2013 8:27 PM

Apr 2013
L-Elf is a bit too powerful IMO. It makes even less sense that he was unable to escape before unless he intended to get himself captured, which of course may have been the plan but it wasn't all that clear.

Fanservice was appreciated. Yay random shower setups~

Added to the queue for sure. I'll be sticking with this one.
Apr 25, 2013 8:39 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
So this is clearly the spiritual successor of Code Geass.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 25, 2013 8:40 PM

Jun 2012
Well that's a way to use a screw, Creative thinking there ERU-ERFU!!!

What a fucking tool that "Thunder" is; Do all of the characters in the show have a loose screw or something? Thunder, L-Elf, Haruto. Jesus I have no idea where this show is going.. The second half is Eru-Erfuu rambling nonsense until the end when he wants to team up with Haruto? Huh? Valvrave is always keeping me on my toes, I can give it that haha

You jelly of that OTP there Saki : P? I'd be shocked if Shoko x Haruto didn't happen by the end of the series. I get he saved you and all Saki but Haruto's the very definition of chump what do you see in him? He's nice, well there're a lot of nice guys
HybridMBLApr 25, 2013 9:21 PM
Apr 25, 2013 8:41 PM

Feb 2009
smh at those 2 guards standing behind L-Elf lol
Apr 25, 2013 8:51 PM

Jul 2012
Everyone was pretty much annoying but L-Elf is single handedly saving the show for me with his badassery. Hopefully things get more interesting from here on out and Haruto doesn't piss me off as much -_-
Apr 25, 2013 8:54 PM
Oct 2012
It kind of seems like they're going to have like a Lord of the Flies type thing going on in the next episode. Definitely need to see where this'll be going. Interesting. Interesting indeed.
Apr 25, 2013 9:00 PM

Nov 2011
revolution!!!!
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 25, 2013 9:22 PM

Nov 2007
Typical sunrise mecha anime. Need to say more?

Other than the shower and bath scene (even though there was no Saki or Shoko), this episode was pretty meh. So they got Nakamura Yuuichi a role just so that [gg] can swear with F words and now he's dead? He can't be just dead like that, now can he?

Information revealed so far:

- JIOR is Japanese Indian Oceanic Republic where two Koreas are all buddies.
- Mystery girl is the sister of School Prez.
- Saki's rabu raibaru is an Osananajimi.
- Once a Shoko, always a Shoko as she ran out of the group.
- Haruto is a pun-to-be of ARUS.
- L-Elf is nicknamed One-man Army for a joke or what? He actually had 4 or 5 buddies with him in an attempt to infiltrate and get hands on Valvrave. He is still win though.

Still a 4/5 for this episode, because this anime is pure entertainment. ;)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 25, 2013 9:43 PM
Jun 2011
i kinda like the story but i don't understand what they try to tell us about. Who is the evil one in this story? my brain gonna crazy when i keep thinking about this matter.
Apr 25, 2013 9:53 PM

Jan 2013
Decent episode.
It seems like they're going to drag the love confession till the end of the series. Which sucks and is too cliche
Apr 25, 2013 10:09 PM

Jan 2009
that Nanami swimming teacher has some big boobs

and so L-Elf is like james bond a one man army and that twist in the end he actually wants to destroy Dorssia

the animation quality drop significantly in this episode, looking forward to next episode since we will see Valvrave in action again
Apr 25, 2013 10:11 PM

Jan 2011
bastek66 said:
I don't know what to think about this episode. Well, at least that was cute

]
So begins the Cat Fight

I'm on the fence for this feel like Valvrave is an show you can easily love to hate it for all random insane shit it does like L-ELF doing all that just from a screw, still that doesn't change the fact that i enjoy watching this each week because it's stupid entertainment.

thoughts for this episode
L-Elf is an boss
Haruto is a spineless hero which should had grasped his fame because it seems like it won't last long lol
Shoko is sad
Saki is mad jelly
Apr 25, 2013 10:14 PM

Feb 2013
OMG, what is with this show?! Every time I think it's going one way, it goes another.

We get some backstory on Dorssia, JIOR, and ARUS, which are basically, with the exception of JIOR, the Axis and the Allies. We see that ARUS has saved module 77 of the JIOR nation since JIOR is an ally of the ARUS (but if they're allies, how are they neutral? That means they're are in an alliance with ARUS. No more neutral. You can't have it both ways Japan!) and they are evacuating the place.

However, when they learn the identity of L-11, they treat him as a POW and take extra special care. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough. L-11 it seems is known as the "one-man army" able to take out thousands of troops singlehandedly and he definitely lives up to his name. L-11 is one of the coolest characters in this, and he doesn't pull any punches. I mean, cutting a guy's neck with a shard of glass? Brutal.

L-11 could seriously give Red from Gargantia a run for his money. Last week, someone called Red a"machine" soldier. L-11 is WAY worse than anything Red has done. He literally seems to think like a walking machine/computer. Stating his plan in stages to himself, analyzing everything down to the wire. Empowering himself with indoctrination slogans of the fatherland. I'm really starting to doubt anything could cut through his ice-cold heart.

And yet, we see here that L-11 and A-3 were and are friends, as despite his tirades last episode, A-3 still believes in L-11. That's an interesting twist from the usual. I hope to see where that goes.

I love L-11's assault on the colony and how he took down the ARUS military. And why is it every time there's a US-in-everything-but-name military in an anime, none of them can shoot? First The Unlimited from last season and now this?! Why is all the US military trained at the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy? They shoot tons of bullets but they do nothing?

We also get to see Haruto's vampire side again. And I think we actually see fangs this time! What's up with that? Was it the act of Haruto cutting his finger and the smell of blood that brought it out? And he only seems to attack guys so far. What's up with that?

We also learn little things like, Akira the redhead hacker is the little sister of the prissy-boy class president. And L-11 must have the power to see the future or something because he was able to stand right behind Haruto at exactly 3:14. What's up with that? And what did he mean by revolution in Dorssia? To what end does he want to work with Haruto? And now that that last evacuation team can't leave and the students along with Senator Figaro are stranded, what does this mean? What's going on? What's L-11's plan? What's his team's plan?

This episode just seems to garner more questions! And I am loving every minute of it!

I don't know but a lot of the other students just seem like excess baggage and are just background. For instance, the school gang thug guy, why is he even in this? He added nothing and made no sense. And did L-11 just kill him? L-11 has yet to simply knock somebody out, so I'm going to say, yes.
Apr 25, 2013 10:15 PM

Nov 2012
Three episodes and I already hate Haruto and Shouko. Shouko should have stayed dead.

Looking foward for what L elf has planned, he is looking to be quite a promising character.
I my opinion Saki seems a more interesting female character than Shouko, but I rather not expect anything about romance from this series. I got the feeling that in the end, most of them will ended up dead.

The way I see it:

Valvrave in comparison with Lelouch:

Lelouch = L- Elf "just as epic character", but on this series L-elf is not the one with the powers.
Suzaku = Haruto "is just as gay as Suzaku," but on this series Haruto is the one with the powers.
Apr 25, 2013 10:20 PM

Dec 2007
Irenesharda said:

We also learn little things like, Akira the redhead hacker is the little sister of the prissy-boy class president. And L-11 must have the power to see the future or something because he was able to stand right behind Haruto at exactly 3:14. What's up with that?

I think he just predicted what the ARUS army would he isn't called "one-man army" for nothing.
Apr 25, 2013 10:20 PM
Oct 2010
The first two episodes, I preferred Haruto x Saki. But after this episode, not so much. Not only does Shoko take his rejection really hard, but she's his childhood friend (making her infinitely more likely for endgame than she already was), and Saki seemed really cold. Sure, she hints that she has a tragic backstory or something, but of what little we've seen everyone's treated her fairly normal, does she have a persecution complex?

I wonder what L-Elf's really after.

I hope this isn't gonna be one of those shows in which the constant plot twists aren't remotely consistent with things shown prior. I prefer subtle foreshadowing and things that may not make sense at the time but make complete sense after the reveal or upon a rewatch.
Apr 25, 2013 10:23 PM

Jul 2009
Irenesharda said:
OMG, what is with this show?! Every time I think it's going one way, it goes another.

We get some backstory on Dorssia, JIOR, and ARUS, which are basically, with the exception of JIOR, the Axis and the Allies. We see that ARUS has saved module 77 of the JIOR nation since JIOR is an ally of the ARUS (but if they're allies, how are they neutral? That means they're are in an alliance with ARUS. No more neutral. You can't have it both ways Japan!) and they are evacuating the place.

JIOR's stance is similar to what stance the U.S was on during the early stages of WW2. The U.S made profit selling arms to both Britain and Germany. The U.S as a partial affinity towards Britain of course, but was still neutral in war terms. It wasn't until provoked attacks(Pearl Harbor, U-Boat sinking ships with Americans onboard) where the U.S officially changed stances to Allied.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Apr 25, 2013 10:29 PM

Feb 2013
Dudewitbow said:
Irenesharda said:

JIOR's stance is similar to what stance the U.S was on during the early stages of WW2. The U.S made profit selling arms to both Britain and Germany. The U.S as a partial affinity towards Britain of course, but was still neutral in war terms. It wasn't until provoked attacks(Pearl Harbor, U-Boat sinking ships with Americans onboard) where the U.S officially changed stances to Allied.

The difference is that the US wasn't official allies with both nations. And here it seems that JIOR is the official ally of ARUS, which means that I doubt they are also the allies of Dorssia, especially since Dorssia wanted to annex them. Nazi Germany didn't try to take over Italy since Italy was it's ally.
Apr 25, 2013 10:36 PM

Jul 2009
i watch this for lelouche.
spinzaku can go to hell.
he should just dump his body. get the mind/body of an elite soldier. rule the world, np.
Apr 25, 2013 10:41 PM

Feb 2013
shanimebib said:
So they got Nakamura Yuuichi a role just so that [gg] can swear with F words and now he's dead? He can't be just dead like that, now can he?

- L-Elf is nicknamed One-man Army for a joke or what? He actually had 4 or 5 buddies with him in an attempt to infiltrate and get hands on Valvrave. He is still win though.

The fact is, since L-11 can take out thousands of soldiers on his own, without the help of his team, he is known as the "one-man army". He alone can do the work of a whole troop as shown here.

And honestly I don't know if "Thunder" is dead. He did nothing for the story and actually just took up space for most of it. However, we have yet to see L-11 ever simply knock someone out, so it doesn't look good for him.

nana890527 said:
i kinda like the story but i don't understand what they try to tell us about. Who is the evil one in this story? my brain gonna crazy when i keep thinking about this matter.

Well, it's kind of tricky. We have learned next to nothing about the ARUS, and with the exception of Senator Figaro, we don't even have a ARUS supporting character. We honestly don't know if it was ARUS, JIOR, or some third party that made Valvrave. So, so far, it's pretty cut and dry, black and white. ARUS and JIOR are the good guys, Dorssia is the bad guy.
Apr 25, 2013 10:51 PM
Jan 2012
I can sum this episode up into 3 words:
L-Elf, Loose screw.
Anime:
Plot twists, Badassery.
Apr 25, 2013 10:53 PM

Dec 2012
Last line = huh?
What's his endgame?
So many questions, get here next week!
Apr 25, 2013 11:00 PM

Nov 2012
I enjoying it a lot,i don't know why it has only 7,57 score in the MAL,L-ELF is BA,animations is good,and the protagonist don't showed that he will be a pussy(at least seemed) rather this,looks like he's trying to deal with the situation in his own way.
Apr 25, 2013 11:03 PM

Jun 2011
L-elf owning the show
Apr 25, 2013 11:05 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
nana890527 said:

Then you should watch Gundam Seed :D

Cool episode this week, I'm more interested than I was last week. L-elf was definitely badass, really talented at planning and basically annihilating everyone...and then what? He wants to team up with Haruto to destroy Dorssia? Didn't see that coming.
Apr 25, 2013 11:18 PM

Apr 2009
Okay, I admit it, I unashamedly love this show.

The writing quality and my ability to suspend my disbelief dwindles every episode, but holy shit it is entertaining.

Go Eru Erufu/Lelouch/Suzuku/Whatever, Go.
Apr 25, 2013 11:18 PM

Jun 2011
lokoxDZz said:
I enjoying it a lot,i don't know why it has only 7,57 score in the MAL,L-ELF is BA,animations is good,and the protagonist don't showed that he will be a pussy(at least seemed) rather this,looks like he's trying to deal with the situation in his own way.

this is one of the causes
Apr 25, 2013 11:20 PM

Feb 2013
tingy said:
nana890527 said:

Then you should watch Gundam Seed :D

Cool episode this week, I'm more interested than I was last week. L-elf was definitely badass, really talented at planning and basically annihilating everyone...and then what? He wants to team up with Haruto to destroy Dorssia? Didn't see that coming.

That's true. SEED is a good example of painting all parties in shades of grey so you really don't know who to side with until near the 3rd act.
Valvrave meanwhile, is still pretty black and white.
Apr 25, 2013 11:28 PM

May 2012
was hoping this gonna have same level with code geass, but i guess same level with gundam seed..

Apr 25, 2013 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
YEAH YEAH, LULU- L-ELF RUNNING THE ANIME. Yep, go for it Sunrise, shove everything you can into it.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 25, 2013 11:39 PM

Jan 2011
Holy shit ERU-ERUFU doesn't mess around, what a badass.

Irenesharda said:

I don't know but a lot of the other students just seem like excess baggage and are just background. For instance, the school gang thug guy, why is he even in this? He added nothing and made no sense. And did L-11 just kill him? L-11 has yet to simply knock somebody out, so I'm going to say, yes.

It seems the main setting will be the school for now so the students will be a important factor.
[center]
Apr 25, 2013 11:42 PM

Feb 2013
For those who speak German, what does "Blitzendegen" mean, and why do they say it to salute?
Apr 25, 2013 11:44 PM
Dec 2012
I am finding my self getting more and more engulf in this new anime. There's so many questions (which I love) bringing in more suspense and getting me hyped up!

L-Elf is just, wow. but am I the only one that does not hate Haruto? I mean i honestly think this boy has a back bone on him, and common his not military train like L-Elf which is why it's even more surprising how he went killing people on that one episode.

I can just simply say that my bar is raised pretty high now for this anime and I am hoping for more episodes which I'm getting psyched for. ^^
Apr 25, 2013 11:45 PM

Jul 2012
One thing I learned from this episode is that in the futures, you can have over hundreds millions friends in space facebook.
Apr 25, 2013 11:46 PM

Jul 2008
Damn, this show was doing so well being entertaining while still somewhat sensible at the same time and there goes episode three all unsuspended my disbelief and shit ; /

Sooo... L-Elf is a pretty cool guy, eh outwits anyone and doesn't afraid of anything.
Okay, that I get. In fact I even quit like him.
But while badassness is one thing, (AR)US military acting like utter dumbfucks is another:

> Have a prisoner so dangerous he can plot whole detachments to their deaths
> not watch the fuck out of him he can't even twitch unnoticed let alone loose a screw in the chair his sitting on.
> ...
> PROFIT!

There's incompetence and there's being a fucking tool of a plot device. I expected L-Elf to either break out or use the situation for gaining some intelligence or do any number of incredibly smart thing (considering he wouldn't let himself be captured if he didn't count on gaining something from that), but they way he did it somewhat cheapens his 'super special forces' status; what he did wouldn't work on any real military for sure.

And srsly, a spaceworthy carrier crippled by some space fog thingy? I mean, srsly, this shit gotta have multispectral sensors and even if it was something planned to jam those then the spaceship gotta have some inertial navigation and automatic docking pattern handling, there's no way in hell it would cripple itself this way.

On the other hand this senator business was handled pretty plausibly.

Valvrave is still ugly, Dorssian mechfighters and spaceships on either side are still cool.

Probably still will watch for teh lulz, but ever so slightly nerdraging internally.

EDIT: Scratch that, it stopped making sense when the mech did the harakiri thing last episode. Still it didn't get me to nerdrage, I just snorted.
Apr 25, 2013 11:54 PM

Dec 2011
RediceRyan said:
Decent episode.
It seems like they're going to drag the love confession till the end of the series. Which sucks and is too cliche

Or Shoko legitimately dies and Haruto goes berserk? Idk, it happens. I think it would be interesting if either Shoko or Saki just turned and went badass on us. xD

So far it's entertaining, especially that last bit. I do have a feeling Haruto's going to fight for ARUS but what's L-Elf going to be doing? Keep being a traitor? Idk, he doesn't seem like the type of guy who changes loyalties easily. I have this inner gut feeling that he's still with DORSSIA and he's going to use Haruto (hail, oh national hero) for his benefit---Haruto's extremely naive I take it. I don't hate Haruto, I mean he's better than Shu from Guilty Crown for now. Then I hope L-Elf convinces Haruto to side with Dorssia, exterminate JIOR, have a grand battle royale with Arus, and get betrayed by Dorssia.

Also, Haruto's being praised like mad in this episode. See, even karma affects animes. I bet later on they'll start stoning the poor guy to death for something he "accidentally" did. Or he just does something extremely stupid and loses everyone's respect. Or, route rarely taken, they're going to continue praising him and he's going to continue beating up the bad guys like Kira-messiah status from Gundam Seed. We'll see. Predictions don't really help... but it's nice to think what might happen next because now we get a better idea of what/how these characters should be.

But the fight scenes from the opening was what got to me. :D I can't wait to see them in action when they get to space! The CG's actually not that bad. Also... DORSSIA = Germany. What does blitzengeennthing even mean? I guess it's sort of like "All Hail Brittania?" o.O
OhasumiApr 26, 2013 12:18 AM
Apr 25, 2013 11:57 PM
May 2012
Is that Asshole Yamada dead?!

Did L-elf killed him at the end?! WHAT'S GOIN ON HERE!?

Irenesharda said:
For those who speak German, what does "Blitzendegen" mean, and why do they say it to salute?

Wow, it seems that nobody replies some his questions whatsoever?! What is goin on here?! Ok I'm with you btw.

'Blitzendegen' means 'Lightning sword', if you know what I mean.
JafriZinApr 26, 2013 12:03 AM
Apr 26, 2013 12:12 AM

Nov 2007
JeffreyZin said:
Is that Asshole Yamada dead?!

Did L-elf killed him at the end?! WHAT'S GOIN ON HERE!?

Nakamura Yuuichi. There you go. I just spoiled it for everyone.

Btw, this episode features the future Lionel Messi in it! The top scorer! With a mic too! Like totally pro!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 26, 2013 12:17 AM

Mar 2012
Two thoughts:

L-Elf is op. And after that last line in the episode, I'm looking forward to see what's gonna happen. I didn't think L-Elf had an issue with Dorssia...
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.