Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Apr 25, 2013 1:27 AM
Online in Japan, there are those who love the rotoscoping, saying it looks cool, and those who dislike it, saying it looks like garbage. Some are even adding that the backgrounds look better than the actual characters. Whatever the rationale was, the show's visuals are different. The anime looks unsettling, and that's probably the point. This is hardly a cute story.

On Japanese site NicoNico, a little over 48 percent of viewers said the show was great. Twenty percent said it was pretty good, while 8.4 percent said it was okay. In case you are interested, 16.5 percent said it was bad (the rest thought it wasn't very good).

There are those who might not like the visual aesthetics or think the animation was done poorly. Others might have found the show boring. Fair enough. But at least it's different.

complete reading - http://kotaku.com/well-this-anime-looks-different-thank-goodness-472015308

glad that most japanese viewers likes it :)

im still watching the show eventhough i will still probably drop it since its not my kind of story

Apr 25, 2013 2:32 AM
for me its different in terms of animation, its the first anime TV series that uses full time rotoscoping, if you say they made bad work about it because some frames are lacking hence the animation is not smooth enough or some scenes are just static then you are not aware of the difference between anime and american cartoons

Anime is Limited Animation, it has less animated frames to reduce cost as much as possible thats why a lot of low motion scenes on anime are just still scenes while some rare scenes have good animation like great action scenes, japanese people refer to this rare fluid animated scenes as Sakuga Animation or others refer to them as money shot scenes since they are rare to see on anime tv series

if you want to watch Full Animation that do not lack frames to reduce cost then you want to watch American Cartoons

but if you argue to me that the character designs are not cute or beautiful then damn that is just bad judgement IMHO considering the animation of Aku No Hana is highly budgeted and not cheap at all if you are aware of the technical sides of making an Anime

Apr 25, 2013 2:36 AM

j0x said:
for me its different in terms of animation, its the first anime TV series that uses full time rotoscoping

"for me" blew your entire argument up. We're not talking subjective bullshit here. What a show is for you is irrelevant to what you claimed it was - different. "Different to me" is not "different" - it's just you being ignorant of what's out there.

Claiming something is different because to YOU it's new is like claiming wearing shoes is a new idea never really thought of in the past because you come from an area where nobody wears them. That's fucking stupid and fucking wrong.

The rest of what you said just made no sense because it literally had on relevancy to anything ANYBODY SAID in the entire thread (nor on my blog).

And please don't act like you know about things by making arbitrary bullshit up on the fly.

Apr 25, 2013 2:38 AM
im not making any bullshit up about the technical side of making an anime

Apr 25, 2013 2:41 AM

j0x said:
I actually wonder where you got the numbers for
the animation of Aku No Hana is highly budgeted and not cheap at all
Rotoscoping is an entirely different technique for animation compared to traditional hand-drawn. It could be completely ass-cheap for all we know until we get some links/citations/proof/w.e.

Mmm. I prooobably stepped on a landmine. *slowly tiptoes away*

Apr 25, 2013 2:43 AM
MellowJello said:
j0x said:
I actually wonder where you got the numbers for
the animation of Aku No Hana is highly budgeted and not cheap at all
Rotoscoping is an entirely different technique for animation compared to traditional hand-drawn. It could be completely ass-cheap for all we know until we get some links/citations/proof/w.e.

Mmm. I prooobably stepped on a landmine. *slowly tiptoes away*

rotoscoping involves actual live action acting so you do not need any figures to know how much it will increase the cost of anime production

Apr 25, 2013 2:46 AM

Apr 25, 2013 2:46 AM

j0x said:

rotoscoping involves actual live action acting so you do not need any figures to know how much it will increase the cost of anime production

This is just hilarious.

You just admitted you don't know jack shit about what you're talking about yet claim you know it for a fact, while, again, saying you're just assuming based on what your ass smelled like this morning. And sorry, but the links you provided say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING towards your point. It's no surprise you're so misinformed and ignorant of your own ignorance, you read kotaku after all. Why are there so many straight up shitty posts and threads on MAL? I can't take this and it's why I'm posting even less lately, it's just fucking mind blowing.

I like how you're ignoring everything anyone actually said to you aside one short line as well.
Modified by TallonKarrde23, Apr 25, 2013 2:53 AM

Apr 25, 2013 2:49 AM
heh MAL haters at its best, i already prove on my recent post that i have read stuff on anime production

Apr 25, 2013 2:57 AM

Best Art & Animation ever to grace the screens of japan. That shit's better than our Moe.

Apr 25, 2013 3:27 AM
While I think the whole "Different = Good" argument is stupid, I still think Aku no Hana is getting more hate than it deserves. Ok I can see how lazy the animation and the art are, but if you look at other things like the soundtracks, execution and the feel the series has, it's not really bad. Actually it's good to an extent. The art and animation are something you can get used to, if you try, by the 3rd episode. The plot is a love and hate type of plot. But saying it's the worst anime ever, seriously, just keep it for yourself and watch some worse shit, whether animation-wise or overall. Inferno Cop has no animation yet it's entertaining as fuck. Trapeze had a similar type of "animation", but more colorful and more bizarre, and it's ranked more than 8 here on MAL. Same goes to those who are spouting crap like "oh it's different, therefore it's really good/a masterpiece!". Seriously, just .. stop, both of you.

For me I have mixed feelings about the series, it's just slightly above average for me so far. I got used to the rotoscoping already and I have no problem with it anymore, except for the sideburns girl and the mustache lady, which can be overlooked, but otherwise there's honestly nothing that's bad enough to make it the "worst anime ever".

Apr 25, 2013 3:41 AM
TallonKarrde23 said:

Nobody in this thread is hating on the show, nobody in this thread has said the show is bad. Nobody, not a single post, has mentioned their opinion on the show at all aside the OP and yourself.
I wasn't really referring specifically to you, I was talking in general. However, your blog post against that article was what made me remember the multiple times I've seen people refer to Aku no Hana as either a masterpiece, based on the "It's different" argument, or the worst anime ever, based on the " 'animation/art' is horrible" arguments. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents on that matter, and it happened to be in this thread.

Apr 25, 2013 3:42 AM

Candor said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Nobody in this thread is hating on the show, nobody in this thread has said the show is bad. Nobody, not a single post, has mentioned their opinion on the show at all aside the OP and yourself.
I wasn't really referring specifically to you, I was talking in general. However, your blog post against that article was what made me remember the multiple times I've seen people refer to Aku no Hana as either a masterpiece, based on the "It's different" argument, or the worst anime ever, based on the " 'animation/art' is horrible" arguments. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents about that matter, and it happened to be in this thread.

My mistake then, sorry about that. With how these threads usually go it's easy to jump to the assumption things being said are aimed a certain way. And "stop, both of you" kind of lends to that too, but I get what you mean.
Modified by TallonKarrde23, Apr 25, 2013 3:49 AM

Apr 25, 2013 5:55 AM
>implying just because most of Japan likes it means I have to like it.

At least those guys aren't going to openly say I have shit taste unlike Western counterparts.

Apr 25, 2013 12:00 PM

I didn't look in the forums for a week and now i see the haters went even more crazy. what's the next step, guys? running amok?

j0x said:
Online in Japan, there are those who love the rotoscoping, saying it looks cool, and those who dislike it, saying it looks like garbage. Some are even adding that the backgrounds look better than the actual characters. Whatever the rationale was, the show's visuals are different. The anime looks unsettling, and that's probably the point. This is hardly a cute story.

On Japanese site NicoNico, a little over 48 percent of viewers said the show was great. Twenty percent said it was pretty good, while 8.4 percent said it was okay. In case you are interested, 16.5 percent said it was bad (the rest thought it wasn't very good).

This is especially funny after reading all those "experts" in the last weeks explaining to the world, that only "a small, mislead cult" of viewers could ever love this show.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.

Apr 25, 2013 12:25 PM
Nucksen said:
I didn't look in the forums for a week and now i see the haters went even more crazy. what's the next step, guys? running amok?

j0x said:

This is especially funny after reading all those "experts" in the last weeks explaining to the world, that only "a small, mislead cult" of viewers could ever love this show.

I saw it the other way around. The "experts" were saying all sorts of prayers towards this show. And that it's just beautiful because it's different.

Apr 25, 2013 12:39 PM

Koromo_Toshinou said:
Nucksen said:

j0x said:

I saw it the other way around. The "experts" were saying all sorts of prayers towards this show. And that it's just beautiful because it's different.

The first week, i had to defend myself in almost every forum i am in, because i didn't hate the animation, but saw very few of those guys, you describe. I really don't say, the hipster front doesn't exist(and i am annoyed by them as well, because they mostly like it to throw their weight around, or to declare war to the moe crowd. I'm disgusted especially the latter, because i really enjoy moe shows), but the majority was rabid dogs, attacking everyone who didn't hate this show and declaring everyone a hipster for trying to see its positive aspects. This "small, mislead cult" is an original quote and i've read this and lot's of similar stuff the whole time
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.

Apr 25, 2013 12:47 PM
Nucksen said:
Koromo_Toshinou said:
Nucksen said:

j0x said:

The first week, i had to defend myself in almost every forum i am in, because i didn't hate the animation, but saw very few of those guys, you describe. I really don't say, the hipster front doesn't exist(and i am annoyed by them as well, because they mostly like it to throw their weight around, or to declare war to the moe crowd. I'm disgusted especially the latter, because i really enjoy moe shows), but the majority was rabid dogs, attacking everyone who didn't hate this show and declaring everyone a hipster for trying to see its positive aspects. This "small, mislead cult" is an original quote and i've read this and lot's of similar stuff the whole time

We see different things, I still see those people. And they're always picking on the moe crowd for their reasons, even when they're ones that talk about the plot because honestly, my reason is that the plot really makes me uncomfortable. That plus the RS of course is why I can't be arsed at all to finish it. It just... doesn't fit together, but it can fit depending on who's watching.

I only try not to get at those people, but when they're making misconceptions and overgeneralizations, kind of have to tell them they're wrong, something I could work on not doing but when they outnumber us, that gets annoying.

Apr 25, 2013 1:31 PM
DateYutaka said:
double standards much people like kotaku when they agree with them but when they dont they trash them but i do not like them over all

you can not go All or Nothing (Black or White) thinking on anything too so calling it double standard is too much, hating All things about Kotaku is just absurd and hating Nothing about Kotaku is absurd too

Nucksen said:
jal90 said:
Nucksen said:

Maybe you shouldn't check threads about shitty blog entries that go with the "it's good because it's different" absurdist philosophy, next time.

The number of haters has actually got lower, and that's easy to spot in the episode polls. Among other reasons, because people tend to drop stuff.

I know, the quantity of haters went low, but i am a bit shocked by the endurance and fanatism of those few extremists, who are still here

im shock as well thats why i ignore them as much as possible especially if their post is about insulting and not a civilized argument, the haters are becoming extreme for sure

@Koromo_Toshinou

this thread is not forcing you to like Aku No Hana, and i agree with you that the plot and story telling is not that good or is it because of the very slow pacing it has, im just praising the use of rotoscoping since its different from your usual cute like big eyed characters from usual anime and colorful backgrounds and characters, Aku No Hana has spooky kind of animation so thats what it makes it different but the story is never ground breaking

Apr 25, 2013 1:54 PM
otaking
j0x said:
DateYutaka said:
double standards much people like kotaku when they agree with them but when they dont they trash them but i do not like them over all

you can not go All or Nothing (Black or White) thinking on anything too so calling it double standard is too much, hating All things about Kotaku is just absurd and hating Nothing about Kotaku is absurd too

Nucksen said:
jal90 said:
Nucksen said:

Maybe you shouldn't check threads about shitty blog entries that go with the "it's good because it's different" absurdist philosophy, next time.

The number of haters has actually got lower, and that's easy to spot in the episode polls. Among other reasons, because people tend to drop stuff.

I know, the quantity of haters went low, but i am a bit shocked by the endurance and fanatism of those few extremists, who are still here

im shock as well thats why i ignore them as much as possible especially if their post is about insulting and not a civilized argument, the haters are becoming extreme for sure

@Koromo_Toshinou

this thread is not forcing you to like Aku No Hana, and i agree with you that the plot and story telling is not that good or is it because of the very slow pacing it has, im just praising the use of rotoscoping since its different from your usual cute like big eyed characters from usual anime and colorful backgrounds and characters, Aku No Hana has spooky kind of animation so thats what it makes it different but the story is never ground breaking

as games Journalistic force there more Clean than IGN when is comes Bias from what i hear
ie thay have more Journalistic Intregary Then IGN [ or what i hear of IGN]

but all the Kotaku aticals iv Been linked to [ saying this as a fellow Journalist lacks alot of proper Journalistic prowess ] FYI i work at animage [ in a Low role but im stiil a Journalist

i Dislike Kotaku [ from what i been linked to og there stuff] on Journalistic Grounds as on Journalist to another sort of idea
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Apr 25, 2013 2:05 PM
DateYutaka said:

as games Journalistic force there more Clean than IGN when is comes Bias from what i hear
ie thay have more Journalistic Intregary Then IGN [ or what i hear of IGN]

but all the Kotaku aticals iv Been linked to [ saying this as a fellow Journalist lacks alot of proper Journalistic prowess ] FYI i work at animage [ in a Low role but im stiil a Journalist

i Dislike Kotaku [ from what i been linked to og there stuff] on Journalistic Grounds as on Journalist to another sort of idea

so you are a japanese native? if so do you know how is the majority of reactions on Aku No Hana animation? since the article of Kotaku only consider NicoNico

Apr 25, 2013 8:11 PM

I have to unleash my insecure body cell to do this.

TallonKarrde23 said:

"for me" blew your entire argument up.
it's just you being ignorant of what's out there.
That's fucking stupid and fucking wrong.
Why on earth did you start a debate and firing offensive word here? In case someone doesn't know

TallonKarrde23 said:
The rest of what you said just made no sense because it literally had on relevancy to anything ANYBODY SAID in the entire thread (nor on my blog).
So, it actually about your blog that some people here didn't know the existence about because you don't mention it's relevancy to this thread?

I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

It seems the signature only updated if I do it manually
Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.

Apr 25, 2013 8:39 PM
Hyoroemon said:
I have to unleash my insecure body cell to do this.

TallonKarrde23 said:

"for me" blew your entire argument up.
it's just you being ignorant of what's out there.
That's fucking stupid and fucking wrong.
Why on earth did you start a debate and firing offensive word here? In case someone doesn't know

TallonKarrde23 said:
So, it actually about your blog that some people here didn't know the existence about because you don't mention it's relevancy to this thread?

do not bother arguing with him his clearly here to insult and not to discuss, your just gonna waste your energy, the moderators already clean a lot of hate/troll post on this thread anyway so thats good

Apr 25, 2013 11:24 PM

Yeah, they cleaned my opinion on this entry, what was supposed to be the main focus of the debate. I guess I was trolling for saying its logic is absurd.

Apr 25, 2013 11:30 PM

jal90 said:
Yeah, they cleaned my opinion on this entry, what was supposed to be the main focus of the debate. I guess I was trolling for saying its logic is absurd.
The thought police are onto us.

*sigh*

Apr 26, 2013 2:36 AM

Different =/= Good
Generic =/= Bad
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Apr 26, 2013 3:46 AM

Kotaku... I don't get my anime information from a bag of pseudo-game-journalist windbags that is lol!Kotaku.

@Date: noticed that your English... uh, let's just say there's still room for improvement.
I play, the haters lose.

Apr 26, 2013 3:55 AM
otaking
soulassassin547 said:
Kotaku... I don't get my anime information from a bag of pseudo-game-journalist windbags that is lol!Kotaku.

@Date: noticed that your English... uh, let's just say there's still room for improvement.

they are pseudo journalist windbags [ from what iv been linked to by them i never go to there site by choice

if i i see a kotaku link il click it just to see just to see there latist pseudo journalistic porrly sourced [ badly translated if there source is Japanese ] piece of hackry
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Apr 26, 2013 7:54 PM

j0x said:

There are those who might not like the visual aesthetics or think the animation was done poorly. Others might have found the show boring. Fair enough. But at least it's different.

complete reading - http://kotaku.com/well-this-anime-looks-different-thank-goodness-472015308

im still watching the show eventhough i will still probably drop it since its not my kind of story

48% is really low compared to others shows, especially since the more popular shows tend to get over 80%. So you're incorrect with assuming that, its actually one of the lowest scoring shows(going by 1st episodes) of late-night Spring 2013 anime.
Not to mention the kind of shit storms it caused on Japanese sites.

examples(top left is 'loved it' or something along those lines, bottom right is 'hated it') :
All from this season.

The only Series with a lower percentage(of what I could find) is Crime edge with 45,5%.

Crime edge :

But I truly must admire Kotaku for its top-class journalism.
Modified by rederoin, Apr 26, 2013 8:04 PM
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Apr 26, 2013 7:57 PM

Oh yay, there goes the thread...

Well, at least now the OP finally gets to stop being a hipster.

Apr 26, 2013 8:39 PM
@rederoin

ok so Kotaku is wrong to say that this show is like by japanese

@MellowJello

whats wrong on liking something new? you people make it seem like a moral sin or crime

Apr 26, 2013 8:49 PM
rederoin said:
j0x said:

48% is really low compared to others shows, especially since the more popular shows tend to get over 80%. So you're incorrect with assuming that, its actually one of the lowest scoring shows(going by 1st episodes) of late-night Spring 2013 anime.
Not to mention the kind of shit storms it caused on Japanese sites.

examples(top left is 'loved it' or something along those lines, bottom right is 'hated it') :
All from this season.

The only Series with a lower percentage(of what I could find) is Crime edge with 45,5%.

Crime edge :

But I truly must admire Kotaku for its top-class journalism.
Damn right. Fucking Maou Sadao taking over. But that's getting off topic.

Anyhow, as Crime Edge does have a lower "love" percentage, it also has a lower "hate" percentage, so that still doesn't defend Aku no Hana in any case.

Apr 26, 2013 8:52 PM

j0x said:
@rederoin

Pretty much.

j0x said:
@MellowJello

whats wrong on liking something new? you people make it seem like a moral sin or crime
No, you're making it out like "Japan likes Aku no Hana" (which, as rederoin pointed out, is not the case) and trying to invalidate the opinions of people who don't like it.

I have a bad feeling you're gonna condense our points into nothing, so feel free to have a mod defend clean your side again.

Apr 26, 2013 8:56 PM
MellowJello said:
j0x said:
@rederoin

Pretty much.

j0x said:
@MellowJello

No, you're making it out like "Japan likes Aku no Hana" (which, as rederoin pointed out, is not the case) and trying to invalidate the opinions of people who don't like it.

I have a bad feeling you're gonna condense our points into nothing, so feel free to have a mod defend clean your side again.

if im trying to ABSOLUTELY say that japans like it i would not ask DateYutaka which he did not reply to my question and will not agree with Rederoin's informative post

Apr 27, 2013 1:19 AM

For what seems like forever now, googly-eyed saccharine cute characters have dominated Japanese anime. In the past few years, there seems to be a sea change. This is a good thing.

This in a nutshell. HELL YES.

Apr 27, 2013 1:23 AM

Hyoroemon said:

TallonKarrde23 said:

Uh...what? I mentioned my blog because the post I was replying to sounded like he was referring to some things I said on it in a post on my blog I linked in this thread; the things he was 'referring to' being things NOBODY said in this entire thread, which made it very clearly aimed at the blog post I had linked in it which is the only place anything remotely like that had been said. I didn't even really 'mention' my blog - I just said it in passing as a 'just in case you meant that'. You clearly not only took everything I said out of context - but didn't fucking understand it to begin with if you somehow think me barely mentioning it as an afterthought somehow means 'this is all about my blog'.

Please pay attention to the FULL CONTEXT of the things you reply to before saying stupid shit in the future.

As for your first question - some people speak in an aggressive manner, I'm one of those fucking people.
Modified by TallonKarrde23, Apr 27, 2013 1:32 AM

Apr 27, 2013 3:20 AM

Spoiler for OOT

so what's the debate again? Nothing new I guess?
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com

Apr 27, 2013 6:30 AM

Sophilia said:
[Damn right. Fucking Maou Sadao taking over. But that's getting off topic.

Anyhow, as Crime Edge does have a lower "love" percentage, it also has a lower "hate" percentage, so that still doesn't defend Aku no Hana in any case.

True, just pointing out its the only series with a lower 'love' percentage.
Although I just looked up some more of these(thank you google translate). AnH is still rather low, but it seems we also have series that are even more disliked(especially photokano)

Going by love/like '%"
The bottom 5 would be :
1. Photokano - 33%
2. Leviathan - 59.9%
3. AnH - 68.6%
4. Crime edge - 68.9%
5. valvrave - 78.6%

But the '%' of AnH for hate/dislike is higher than leviathan(its only 15,6% for leviathan, 8%~ below AnH)

While the top 5 is far higher :
1. Maou-sama - 97,9%
2. Uta prince S2 - 97.4%
3. Snk - 96%
4. Gargantia - 95.6%
5. No railgun S2 - 95.5%

But those are only the first episodes, Leviathan is way higher as of episode 3(94,2% love/like), while valvrave actually went down as of episode 2(75,7% love/like)

WorldInverse said:
Spoiler for OOT

so what's the debate again? Nothing new I guess?

This is just for the first episodes though.
Modified by rederoin, Apr 27, 2013 7:30 AM

Apr 29, 2013 1:54 PM

i feel ill.....

can't trust corporate reviewers any more .....

mind you this is Kotaku.com we are talking about they give me so many false news its not even funny -.-
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others."

Apr 30, 2013 8:16 PM

Kotaku: gaming journalism at its finest!

Apr 30, 2013 8:32 PM
First show I've ever dropped after episode one. The ed was nice, I guess.

May 1, 2013 4:56 PM

How dare the OP not agree with the massively negative opinion of MAL. What a tool! And linking to a Kotaku article? For shame! Don't you know their writers are borderline retarded and don't have souls?

All joking aside, why do people feel the need to pounce on these threads and shit on an anime that they: either don't like, didn't bother watching beyond episode 1, or both. It's okay you don't agree with them, this does not mean you need to show up in their thread and tell them how wrong they are. Sounding angry enough on an anime forum does not gain you credibility, so why do you insist that your opinion is the be-all-end-all verdict on quality? Pick a thread, say your peace, and move on with your life.

I happen to enjoy this show immensely. The pacing, the musical score, the awkwardness of the leading character, even the animation suits this show perfectly. It's a dark story based on actual events and I don't think a conventional animation style would give the same sense of dread and discomfort the story gives off.

May 1, 2013 6:51 PM

Mune-sama said:

All joking aside, why do people feel the need to pounce on these threads and shit on an anime that they: either don't like, didn't bother watching beyond episode 1, or both. It's okay you don't agree with them, this does not mean you need to show up in their thread and tell them how wrong they are. Sounding angry enough on an anime forum does not gain you credibility, so why do you insist that your opinion is the be-all-end-all verdict on quality? Pick a thread, say your peace, and move on with your life.

If you can't take ciritism, you should really not be posting on the internet. Everybody can and is allowed to post their opinions. People aren't 'shitting' on Kotaku because they have different opinions, they 'shit' on them because they suck at journalism.

Kotaku's opinion was not wrong, but the OP did post incorrect facts about Japan liking it.
Facts have nothing to do with opinions, no need to get angry when somebody points out that somebody else is wrong.

It's a dark story based on actual events

No it isen't, where do you people get this stuff from?

May 1, 2013 7:15 PM
rederoin said:
Mune-sama said:

If you can't take ciritism, you should really not be posting on the internet. Everybody can and is allowed to post their opinions. People aren't 'shitting' on Kotaku because they have different opinions, they 'shit' on them because they suck at journalism.

Kotaku's opinion was not wrong, but the OP did post incorrect facts about Japan liking it.
Facts have nothing to do with opinions, no need to get angry when somebody points out that somebody else is wrong.

ofcourse everybody knows that but that is not an excuse to go insulting somebody that is wrong, i thought forum rules stated that this place should be CIVIL. and i never denied your informative and factual post either rederoin

its stated right here -> http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516059
Trolling, abuse, and/or harassment will not be tolerated.

May 1, 2013 7:31 PM

j0x said:
rederoin said:
Mune-sama said:

ofcourse everybody knows that but that is not an excuse to go insulting somebody that is wrong, i thought forum rules stated that this place should be CIVIL. and i never denied your informative and factual post either rederoin

I'm not insulting anybody.

May 1, 2013 7:42 PM
rederoin said:
j0x said:
rederoin said:
Mune-sama said:

I'm not insulting anybody.

well im not really pertaining to you im speaking to the general hate/troll posts on this thread that some of those have already been deleted by the moderators

May 1, 2013 9:59 PM

the art is definitely very different from your typical seasonal anime.
the backgrounds are pretty nicely detailed.
the characters however are very simple, and yet there is enough there for the realistic look.
the animations, while not smooth and seamless, are actually quite accurate. the motions from when the mc woke up and all the actions of the students are pretty good.

there are definitely a few parts/characters that stand out - a couple of students who have literally been frozen in a scene or more, but to me it was just humorous; a student literally dazing off while putting on a ridiculous face. whether that is intentional or not, I laughed and felt no resentment.

the story and setting are definitely interesting and good. it reminds of Onani Master Kurosawa.
I haven't read the manga, but I think the art style and animation is pretty fitting, adding a sense of humor along with some of the students behaviors, while not taking away from the dark/serious parts with the normal art style you see elsewhere - big shiny eyes, loads of different hair colors, and whacky character subtypes. stuff like that.

I haven't bothered reading many other posts/threads but I can feel there's a lot of negativity. some people can't get past the art style. i'd love for everyone to enjoy this show as much as I have, but if they aren't budging then leave them be. i'll continue to enjoy it all to myself :P
Modified by Eltrik, May 1, 2013 10:05 PM

May 1, 2013 11:38 PM

I don't see a discussion topic here. Locked.

I am a banana.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Preview MangaManga Store