Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 24, 2013 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow, what a tense episode. This guy right here brings that atmosphere imo:

Those teeth and his spells gave me some chills. An okay episode I guess.
Apr 24, 2013 2:09 PM

Jul 2010
Seigi is quite creepy with that book he carries which has magical power.

Iwai was cute as always.
Apr 24, 2013 3:10 PM

Nov 2007
Student council president is voiced by Nakamura-san?

New school year and they became same class with the younger sister of the enemy. According to her, it's not them who killed the long hair girl's parents.

lol @ with the people, and Eureka-look alike (but different voice and blind) and the repairman (deaf?). Ishida-san's character uses the book to kill criminals. lol @ the police who is afraid of him and getting good feeling when getting almost killed. Seems like the new characters are all pursuing for the queen.

?? @ the preview.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 24, 2013 4:16 PM
Oct 2009
I am sooooo disappointed in that Seigi guy! He had everything to be awesome (he has sharp teeth, I mean come on!! And Ishida Akira as a seiyuu!) but he just doesn't strike me as being cool or intimidating or anything (I usually love that kind of character). And... I mean.. What's up with his hair! I'm all for crazy hairstyles but that one wavy long streak just breaks the flow of the visuals or something and I just end up staring at that silly hairdo the whole time!!

Except for that, it was an ok episode. It's like not much happened so I hope there's more action next time.

Edit: Also I might be a bit disappointed that there seems to be lots of Authors with overly supernatural Killing Goods. Even though their weapons are small, I can still identify scissors and syringes as a dangerous item, but.. a book? Playing the piano? I don't mean to say it's bad story-wise or whatever, but with the premise I thought there would be cooler fight scenes with interesting weapons...
SuzieApr 24, 2013 7:15 PM
Apr 24, 2013 5:29 PM

Sep 2011
No action, but we were introduced to two more Authors and Insteads. One that uses the "The Rulebook of Sentencing and Execution," type book, I like this guys character. It seems the other is related towards the Piano, or they may be hiding their weapon; Hitomi (Blind woman) being the Author and Tuner being the Instead. Looks like they killed someone too :D...
Apr 24, 2013 6:32 PM

Apr 2008
Pianissimo kill when the play is completed, that's why Hitomi said she didn't finish the song because she still want to meet Iwai.
Kouichi is conveniently her Instead because she can play the song all to the end without killing him (he can't hear).

Aww… they took away one of his most amusing line from the original :D
Seigi: Justice
Kiri: What kind of justice ?
Seigi: My name, Nakajima Seigi
nseikaApr 24, 2013 9:10 PM
Apr 24, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
Didnt like this episode as much.
Not enough romance
Apr 24, 2013 7:55 PM

Feb 2009
A blind and a deaf killer combo, nice.
Apr 24, 2013 8:03 PM

Aug 2012
It was an alright build up episode with a few new characters introduced, blind and deaf combo and a supernatural book using judge and his instead cop, in the next episode im hoping there is some sort of action or a fight.

Apr 24, 2013 9:10 PM

Jan 2012
I see Eureka in her @@
Apr 24, 2013 9:52 PM
Sep 2012
I thought that this was a good set up episode and a nice break from all the attempted killing. Lots of interesting new characters to liven up the story. The new guy with the book and teeth seems really interesting. I think that we've just found our main villain of the season everyone!
Apr 24, 2013 11:04 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa, the piano is the killing goods??? Holy, I guess it can kill by sound.
It was interesting that the Author and the Instead are blind and deaf.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2013 11:08 PM

Sep 2008
kyokai kanki no pianissimo
dansai bunri no crime edge
hanketsu shikou no rulebook

i just love the names of all the killing goods XD i dunno why but it always puts a smile on my face when i hear their names XD

deaf and blind killing combo, well that's a first, and it's quite interesting, i would like to hear the story of how they killed using that sound
i'm not even sure why, but i love this series, i mean, the main character's only weapon is a pair of scissors!! with an awesome name!! just too good XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 25, 2013 12:28 AM

Aug 2010
Really liking this series now. Glad I decided to continue.
The newly introduced characters are interesting.
Loved the Deaf+Blind combo. They're pretty cool :)

Kiri seems to be getting used to this and I'm liking him a lot as a MC.
And ofc Iwai is as cute as usual hehe.
Apr 25, 2013 1:09 AM
Mar 2013
this episode was a pretty Laid back one i have to say, lots of build up, can't wait for next episode *_*
Apr 25, 2013 1:12 AM

Jun 2009
Hmmm, certainly gotten a bit better

Other than that...

Woah... A strangling/suffocation fetish.... I wonder what's next? Electrocution? Being scold at?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2013 1:12 AM

May 2010
That girl sure has a weird habit..
Apr 25, 2013 1:48 AM

Apr 2008
ahmed_great2005 said:
Wonders how she would react if Kiri or Houko explained to her about what an Instead is :D
Apr 25, 2013 3:26 AM

May 2008
So we meet 2 new people with Killing goods . Glad not all of them are evil and have some sort of story to them . i would love to know what the piano does though. Also a deaf guy zomg are there any deaf people in anime ? i totally forgot haha.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 25, 2013 6:06 AM

May 2010
iTsukiko said:
I see Eureka in her @@

Oh yeah now that you mention it she did have a resemblance except that she got a bigger br..st
Apr 25, 2013 6:42 AM

Jan 2013
lol wow a blind and death killing team. And a version of the death note it seems, albit a shitty one. Its neat how many people so far don't even want to play the game. I wonder if they can keep that up or if somehow they will be forced too. It was a good ep just a little too peaceful for my likeing but makes for a good build up.
Apr 25, 2013 7:36 AM

Jan 2010
Kiri looks worried about that whole "The human mind isn't strong enough to endure using an Instead forever" concept. Which, if you think about it, makes sense, because they should only be able to fake it for so long. On the other hand, Kiri's Instead is Iwai, anyway, in the form of cutting her hair almost every day. Does that still even count? I sort of feel like he's either the least likely to break down or the most likely, simply because of his proximity to the Hair Queen.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 25, 2013 8:20 AM

Oct 2011
Whoa new characters are entering into the game. Blind and Deaf team. She uses music as her killing goods. Whoa Seiga and his Rulebook killing goods might be a tough opponent. Same with the blind + deaf pair. Oh my next week looks good.
Apr 25, 2013 9:33 AM

Apr 2013
That hanging scene was quite... erotic
Apr 25, 2013 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
In this episode alone we hear a bunch of people introduced by having their full names called out by another person who knows him/her well. How many people use the full name to address a person he/she knows quite well? At least I know this is not how it's usually done in Japan.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 25, 2013 11:52 AM

Mar 2013
Another cool episode, with a new author taken into the action by hanging people.

And is the blind woman and author as well?

Mastery through endless repetition.
Apr 25, 2013 12:23 PM

Nov 2011
4/5

Some things positive and others less punctuate the episode, which proves milgiore the previous year. Funny comic at the beginning of the episode a little too obvious that in which Yamane proves the tsundere that is, not because we understand that that character but for the fact that enemy becomes almost an ally! Too bad gooders! Interesting new characters! And we have the daughter or granddaughter of Zenigata XD
Apr 25, 2013 12:52 PM

Dec 2010
Well this episode wasn't nearly as good as last weeks episode, but I still enjoyed it! Two new Duos are introduced, and I quite like their relationships.

You have Kiri and Iwai. Kiri frees Iwai from her hair so that she can live a normal life.

You have Yamana and Hoko. Yamana sticks her needle into her sister who seems to enjoy it.

You have the blind/deaf team. He's deaf so he can't hear her killing note.

Then you have the book holder, and the policewoman. She tries to capture him, and in the process gets her auto erotic asphyxiation from him.

Quite an interesting group of characters if I do say so myself!
Apr 25, 2013 2:38 PM

May 2010
hear no evil, see no evil, first time seen this implemented into an anime. anyways one thing that is bugging me. why hasn't anyone said anything about that girls hair? one day it's super short then long as hell the next day one would think, one would pick up on these sort of things.
Apr 25, 2013 3:17 PM

Jul 2009
Hydnlife said:
hear no evil, see no evil, first time seen this implemented into an anime. anyways one thing that is bugging me. why hasn't anyone said anything about that girls hair? one day it's super short then long as hell the next day one would think, one would pick up on these sort of things.

it's anime.
if you want to cherry pick... WHERE DO THEY THROW ALL HER CUT HAIR?
id be freaking out if i was the garbage man
Apr 25, 2013 3:18 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Justice, not law.

nseika said:
ahmed_great2005 said:
Wonders how she would react if Kiri or Houko explained to her about what an Instead is :D
I doubt it would matter, it's really hard to break that sort of addiction.
CratexApr 25, 2013 3:27 PM
Apr 25, 2013 3:30 PM

Feb 2012
Loved the dude with the book, he's not playing around.
Apr 25, 2013 5:51 PM

Apr 2008
Cratex said:
I doubt it would matter, it's really hard to break that sort of addiction.
But no holds barred anymore :D

flame_master_14 said:
Kiri looks worried about that whole "The human mind isn't strong enough to endure using an Instead forever" concept. Which, if you think about it, makes sense, because they should only be able to fake it for so long. On the other hand, Kiri's Instead is Iwai, anyway, in the form of cutting her hair almost every day. Does that still even count? I sort of feel like he's either the least likely to break down or the most likely, simply because of his proximity to the Hair Queen.
If there's anything like Instead for Seiji, it would be Sakurako.
IIRC, she didn't say anything about using Instead (she doesn't know the system). What Seiji do is not just acting out, he's actually doing the real murder to criminals, but you never know when his mind will start acknowledging even the slightest offense as punishable with death penalty. Those using Instead in the other hand do it with full knowledge that they're acting out the murder with intention of controlling that murderous impulse from the Goods.
Apr 25, 2013 5:53 PM

Jan 2013
Kurogashi said:
Hydnlife said:

it's anime.

Lol too funny. It would be cool if the hair magically disappears after it's been cut.

I enjoyed the episode. I think the idea that a 'killing good' can be something basic like a piano is really cool. I wonder what the deaf man is the author of... A tuning fork? How does a deaf man tune a piano anyway...
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Apr 25, 2013 5:58 PM

Jun 2012
A but lacking in comedy but we did get to see some new characters with goods. That police officer was a bit funny now that I think about it. Both killing goods users seem to be very dangerous.

3/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Apr 25, 2013 10:10 PM

Nov 2011
The piano Killing Goods isn't that dangerous if you know what it does. Unless she can kill anyone with any song even a short one then she can be stopped easily unless of course, she has a backup.

The Rulebook on the other hand is quite OP when the condition is met.

This show has definitely take an interesting turns. Glad I continue after the first few episodes.

Apr 26, 2013 1:01 AM

Sep 2011
Kurogashi said:
Hydnlife said:

it's anime.

I bet he collects it all in a giant treasure room and "bathes" in it every day.
Apr 26, 2013 1:54 AM

Apr 2008
Sury said:
Kurogashi said:
it's anime.

I bet he collects it all in a giant treasure room and "bathes" in it every day.
Hope it doesn't turn into this kind of situation
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0904049/
Apr 26, 2013 5:59 AM

Sep 2011
it wasn't bad, next episode looks more interesting. I'm still watching this because of kiri-kun xD
Apr 26, 2013 12:10 PM

Oct 2012
This show is so mediocre... I don't like the fact that things are happening without logic only to fit screenwriter's need. When he needs enemy he puts him there, when he needs emotional scene he puts it there.. his intention is almost visible. And nothing is thought out. Using those english names without proper meaning is also something that disturbs atmosphere (yes, other animes uses them too but here thery are used badly)

Nonetheless, this episode was better than last one. But that doesn't change the fact that this anime is bad.
Apr 26, 2013 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
Liked this episode, introduced to more authors and insteads and more killing goods, looks like not all of the authors are just out to kill Iwai.
Apr 27, 2013 5:56 AM

Jan 2011
This was a great episode, none of the new authors seem evil but they all have this I'm-gonna-kill-you-eventually aura to them.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 27, 2013 8:38 AM

Feb 2013
Wow this show is unexpectedly good :3 I wasn't really interested at the start since it was really creepy and weird...but it's pretty good! I'm really looking forward to the next episode :)
Apr 27, 2013 4:43 PM

Aug 2011
Great! The kick I get out of this show is from seeing new Killing Goods in action and how they are pitted against each other, so this episode was especially interesting with that Judgement Book and the last note piano power. Great reveal with the deaf Instead too.
Apr 27, 2013 9:37 PM

Apr 2009
"Justice" has been introduced. Complete with sharp teeth and a seiyuu whose voice works well for him. Kozakura's a bit too timid/stuttery than I expected, but it's not a problem - I still find her quirky and likable.

This episode also confirmed what I only suspected in the manga: that Hitomi and Houichi are an Author-Instead pair. Similar to Kiri and Iwai, Houichi is the practically best Instead for Hitomi since he's deaf and he can assist since she's blind.
Apr 27, 2013 10:59 PM

Feb 2012
Not-so-bad ep.

Why do I feel this ep is rushed...
Apr 28, 2013 6:49 PM

Aug 2012
YumeNoMonogatari said:
That hanging scene was quite... erotic

I think you mean ridiculous. It's a death note with a bankai.
Apr 29, 2013 11:52 PM

Feb 2013
This shows keeps getting better and better.. o.o

I also love the relationship that is forming between Iwai and Kiri :3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqnoRk_S83g - my top 5 romantic animes video :D
Apr 30, 2013 9:54 AM
Dec 2012
I would like to own the Rulebook. Then, I would use the book like that guy.
hehehe~
May 1, 2013 12:24 PM
Aug 2011
Yeah it's mediocre but I liked that whole blind and deaf combo as author and instead and the fact that she didn't try to go on a killing spree like the other authors we've seen.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» It took me over a year to finish...

Kiryotsu - Nov 3, 2023

2 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2013

63 by DerKaisern »»
Jul 31, 2023 1:03 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2013

164 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:14 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2013

94 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:16 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2013

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.