Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 25, 2013 8:33 PM
Jul 2012
I don't really play these games you guys play, but fucking that mission on COD 4 the Mile High Club was the hardest thing ever.
Apr 26, 2013 1:57 AM

Dec 2007
Vanquish tactical challenge 6
Apr 26, 2013 2:42 AM

Jun 2009
Ainsley_Harriott said:
It still baffles me how people think Dark Souls is hard. It's unforgiving, not hard.
The game doesn't require you to be skilled, it just forces you to use your brain and adapt to the game's rules. Don't want to adapt? Prepare to die.

Some people might consider this hard...

(At least it's a better "hard" in my book than rng killing you without you having done something wrong)
Apr 26, 2013 7:20 PM

Apr 2013
Kid Chameleon (Genesis game). About a hundred levels in the game, but no password system. Lose and you start from scratch. Combine that with the fact that this game helped create the "Cheap Shots in Videogames" book, and you've got yourself one hard S.O.B. of a game.
If it counts, obtaining Big Boss rank in MGS4 was also a nightmare at times. Those god damn Gekkos, lemme tell ya.
Apr 26, 2013 7:29 PM

Dec 2012
IWBTG by far is the most challenging game I have played. Even knowing what exactly is going to happen it takes near precision to get the timings down.
Apr 26, 2013 7:37 PM
Mar 2011
if you play the Famicom FFII lagit no Pause cancle ticks or what not its a very hard game

DRagon Quest - the mapping system does cause this but there you go
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 26, 2013 8:08 PM

Nov 2008
Mushihimesama Futari

Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 2 and Sei Madou Monogatari, don't let the cute, sugar bowl looks fool you, these have brutal dungeons, Sei Madou Monogatari can get downright unforgiving in dungeons, only the bosses are easy, if you saved your magic or have heavily upgraded equipment (although it's easier to do than Chocobo since you can replay already completed dungeons from the getgo to get what you need). Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 2 is brutal overall with bosses being hard unless you have spellbooks and summoning stones which requires you to go through several crawls to get enough of them.

Battletoads- couldn''t beat it in the 90's and can't today.

Apr 26, 2013 10:08 PM
Apr 2013
BatoKusanagi said:
Battletoads

I'm glad this one is here. It shames me to admit that I couldn't do the bike part where you have to hid midair ramps.
Apr 26, 2013 10:35 PM

Dec 2012
Ghosts n Goblins
Sonic 2 (Game Gear)
TMNT Tournament Fighters
Ninja Gaiden
Hagane
The Lion King (SNES)
Apr 27, 2013 7:13 AM

Apr 2013
DMC 3
Dark Souls
Ninja Gaiden
Touhou on lunatic(or even hard)
FFT 1.3 (an interesting insanely hard mod for ff tactics)
Apr 27, 2013 7:21 AM

Mar 2013
The Witcher 2 on higher difficulties, either you roll or you die.
Devil May Cry 3 on Dante Must Die mode. One hit and you're dead, let the enemies live for 30 seconds and they become borderline invincibles.
Apr 27, 2013 6:58 PM

Oct 2012
Osu! and insane songs are hard.

Apr 28, 2013 1:50 AM

Mar 2013
Cortana, Legenday, all skulls on...
After that, I was scarred for life.

I love you.
Apr 28, 2013 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
Touhou, basically every single game of this series, I just can't understand how anyone can be good in this, those freaking bullets keep hitting me even in easy mode!

Other than that "Cat Mario" but that is supposed to be super hard and annoying to play.
Apr 28, 2013 2:30 AM

Jan 2013
everyone let's not forget about QWOP.
Apr 28, 2013 4:36 AM
Aug 2010
Spacechem

It starts off pretty easy but get very hard pretty quickly. Simple gameplay but solving the puzzles can be really difficult at times, especially when you start dealing with multiple chemicals in multiple reaction chambers
Apr 28, 2013 7:09 AM

Apr 2013
For some reason i find Deus Ex human revolution an difficult game...
Anyone else? no? Okay...i probably just suck at it...
Apr 28, 2013 7:18 AM

Jan 2012
Yurireviews said:
Touhou, basically every single game of this series, I just can't understand how anyone can be good in this, those freaking bullets keep hitting me even in easy mode!

^This, I had no problem with Ninja Gaiden on the XBOX and I played it when I was 15 but freaking Touhou games I can't even get to the final boss
Apr 28, 2013 6:30 PM

Feb 2010
F-Zero GX. Never has a game made me feel like taking steroids to overcome it.

And I'm only talking about the normal difficulty...
Apr 29, 2013 2:52 PM

Feb 2010
getting perfect in mega man zero 1-3 (4 was a cake walk)
but the most hard Touhou
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 2, 2013 9:49 AM

Mar 2012
EZSPECIAL said:
Yurireviews said:

^This, I had no problem with Ninja Gaiden on the XBOX and I played it when I was 15 but freaking Touhou games I can't even get to the final boss

From what I can tell from watching Let's Plays of the Touhou series, the trick to the game is slow, delicate movements, and in the famous words of Peppy from Star Fox, "use bombs wisely."

Of course, I'm not one to talk since I've never played them. I'm just going off my observations of how the "successful Touhou players" go by.

As for me, the most difficult game I've ever played is Parasite Eve 2...for all the wrong reasons. This game is a mechanical mess. While I did like the game, I grew frustrated with just how awful the mechanics are with it. Good fucking God I hate the final boss. To this day, I've never beaten it. I've tried everything and I've fought it for hours, and hours, and hours, and hours. What makes it even more unforgiving is that you cannot quick save right before you go to fight it. You go from a save point, need to travel through some dangerous corridors and hope you don't take any damage because you need every last one of your HP against the final boss, and then if you can somehow get through the almost impossibly hard first phase, you need to beat a second phase to the boss. To make it even more monotonous and mundane, you need to sit through 5-10 minutes of dialogue and cutscenes before you even fight the boss...and even then, you can't skip them...no matter how many times you've seen them. It's an unforgiving game and it frustrates the hell out of you before you even fight the damn near impossible final boss.
May 2, 2013 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
Ninja Gaiden 2 - The Dark Sword of Chaos (NES): One of my first video games ever, and still very difficult.

Battletoads - Forget the Turbo Tunnels, those were easy. Volkmire's Inferno is what made me give up. Clinger Winger was a doozie too.

DOOM 2 - Nightmare difficulty was ridiculous. Ha ha, they actually warn you before starting: "Are you sure? This skill level isn't even remotely fair."

Ninja Gaiden + Black + Sigma - Beat all three on Master Ninja, with Black probably being my favorite of the three. Hard, yet very balanced. Except the ghost fish, fuck those things. >:(

Ninja Gaiden 2 + Sigma 2 - 360 version is one of my favorite games of all time. Best combat system ever in a game, imo. MN was cheap at points, but still remained very fun and challenging. The biggest complaint I most often hear or see is the projectile spam, but if you knew how to play the game, it wasn't a problem. Sigma 2 on the other hand...MN was basically like normal, but Ryu just takes a crap ton more damage.

Ninja Gaiden 3 + Razor's Edge - beat both on Ultimate Ninja difficulty, more cheap than difficult. Ryu controls much worse than in the previous games, has basically nonexistent defense, and the enemies have a lot of unfair advantages over the player. I don't think it's a far stretch to say they didn't play test either game. Team Hayashi needs to learn how to balance a game properly.

Vanquish - God Hard difficulty and challenge 6...insane.
May 2, 2013 11:44 AM

Feb 2013
Pocky and Rocky, it's one of the best shmups I've played, but it's insanely hard.
May 2, 2013 6:41 PM

Mar 2012
deadjames said:
Pocky and Rocky, it's one of the best shmups I've played, but it's insanely hard.

Oh man, I've been watching the Game Grumps LP of that. It's funny how much they complain about how unforgiving that game is with its difficulty.
May 2, 2013 7:50 PM

Dec 2012
A Starcraft 2 thread was just posted recently which reminded me of how hard the original Starcraft was. The difficulty isn't from the single-player campaign though, more from playing against good players through battlenet (multiplayer.)
May 2, 2013 7:51 PM

Feb 2013
Toucanbird said:
deadjames said:

Oh man, I've been watching the Game Grumps LP of that. It's funny how much they complain about how unforgiving that game is with its difficulty.
Yeah that's actually the reason I got it because it looked so cool, I'm a huge fan of Natsume and because of the Grumps I've discovered some of their obscure gems like Wild Guns, Chulip, and Pocky and Rocky.
May 2, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
Most of mine have already been mentioned, but certain stepmania song packs are incredibly difficult (like the "Nuclear Blast JS Awesome" packs)

This is a random video I found of one of the songs.
I don't have a signature.
May 2, 2013 8:15 PM

Oct 2012
I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to game difficulties, but I remember having to repeat mission after mission on Jak 2. The only other "hard" game is pretty obscure. It was called DEFCON. Remember the thermonuclear war simulation from the movie War Games? DEFCON was essentially an "updated" version of that. It was fun but man did it take forever to have a single match.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
May 2, 2013 9:12 PM

Jan 2012
DateYutaka said:
Wicked_Glory said:
I can't believe no one's said Catherine. That game is fucking ungodly. It's harder than 95% of the stuff in this thread, easy. The only thing I could think of that could be harder are the Ninja Gaiden games on the highest difficulty, and some of the Rock band Network songs on expert drums.

sorry its not its only a cross between a Dating sim and Sokuban game the puzzles are no harder than most Sokuban games

Okay, a few days late to this reply.

Do you even know what a sokuban puzzle is? Because it's pretty much nothing like Catherine. At all.

They're both puzzles, but that's about where the similarity ends. They require very different skill sets to tackle. Catherine's hard because of the insane complexity of the puzzles on Hard, and the timing and memorization required to get the more difficult trophies. The most difficult one, the one for
can't be memorized, because it's random, and requires you to master the game to beat it.

I sure as hell didn't get the platty. My thinker's not sharp enough for it :l
Lemme smang it girl.
May 2, 2013 9:29 PM

Sep 2012
Yurireviews said:

tracreed said:
Osu! and insane songs are hard.

both of the above
"Im feeling it tonight roflcopterskatesbbq"
May 3, 2013 2:54 AM
Mar 2011
Wicked_Glory said:
DateYutaka said:
Wicked_Glory said:
I can't believe no one's said Catherine. That game is fucking ungodly. It's harder than 95% of the stuff in this thread, easy. The only thing I could think of that could be harder are the Ninja Gaiden games on the highest difficulty, and some of the Rock band Network songs on expert drums.

sorry its not its only a cross between a Dating sim and Sokuban game the puzzles are no harder than most Sokuban games

Okay, a few days late to this reply.

Do you even know what a sokuban puzzle is? Because it's pretty much nothing like Catherine. At all.

They're both puzzles, but that's about where the similarity ends. They require very different skill sets to tackle. Catherine's hard because of the insane complexity of the puzzles on Hard, and the timing and memorization required to get the more difficult trophies. The most difficult one, the one for
can't be memorized, because it's random, and requires you to master the game to beat it.

I sure as hell didn't get the platty. My thinker's not sharp enough for it :l

YOU ASKING me a fan of thinking rabbit studio that i know what sokuban is

the most of the puzzle elemtns in that game reek of sokuban style
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

May 3, 2013 12:17 PM

May 2013
Borderlands 2 was a pain.
May 3, 2013 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
Chaos Legion, PS2. its tough cause of the boss at the very end.
May 3, 2013 10:16 PM

Jan 2009
Wicked_Glory said:

Because it's not that hard.
May 4, 2013 3:14 AM

Apr 2012
Super Mario Bros 2 (FC)

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Battletoads

Ninja Gaiden 3: The Ancient Ship of Doom

The Quest of Ki

Dark Souls

Halo 3 on Legendary with all skulls on.

Any Metal Gear Solid game on Extreme/European Extreme.
May 4, 2013 3:22 AM

Nov 2012
Pokemon was dam hard.
May 5, 2013 8:15 PM

Jul 2012
TrueMan!30s! I think there is no game difficult than it. You are true man when you play more 30s.
I had never heard any news for my hometown for many years, everything there like dell wood grass is the same except me. My grand mother also say that: The two apple do not drop and hit at one head.
May 6, 2013 3:13 AM

Oct 2009
Reminds me of those FFXI boss battles.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
May 6, 2013 3:43 AM
May 2013
Catherine gave me the most trouble for obvious reasons. I'm surprised I beat it. Dragon's Dogma has been beating me senseless lately. Its not fun being attacked by a dragon in the dark...
May 6, 2013 4:16 AM

Mar 2013
In my opinion.

Ninja Gaiden 2 on the later difficulty levels was definitely rather frustrating.

Binding of Issac is extremely luck based and difficult overall.

I didn't find Dark Souls hard or frustrating, personally. Though I admit to dying a decent amount while I learned the ropes.
May 6, 2013 5:10 AM
Mar 2013
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 because the game was released broken.
May 7, 2013 9:57 AM

Feb 2013
Yovaile said:
Borderlands 2 was a pain.
You're joking right? I could beat that game with my eyes closed, just be a Commando or a Mechromancer and you literally barely even have to play, your sabre turret/deathtrap will do almost everything for you.
May 7, 2013 10:42 AM

Nov 2012
you should try IVAN

http://ivan.sourceforge.net/

To quote the roguelike general pastebin:"The most notoriously brutal roguelike, featuring a fiendish sense of humor. Strictly for masochists."

Roguelikes generally hard from the get-go, but IVAN is pretty much the hardest, most unforgiving, sadistic thing ever created by man...

There's only one way to win it, which isn't explained at any point of the game and there's still a chance it would fuck you even if you did everything right...

Sounds fun, right?

EDIT: yes i like roguelikes, I also like furry and I'm a huge gamer.Yes, I know I don't have a life
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever."
"Anon is legitimately retarded so you shouldn't be too proud of yourself." -Enema
May 7, 2013 12:58 PM
Mar 2011
Agarest if you want the True end ie you have to play on hard no choice in that and the true end boses can have up to 3 time you level

May 7, 2013 6:06 PM
Apr 2013
Imo, I wanna be the guy
May 7, 2013 9:25 PM

Jan 2012
burntlettuce said:
Wicked_Glory said:

It is if you don't have the skillset. Overall, most people consider it hard(there's a reason the platinum has a 9/10 on PS3T.org). I'm not saying it's the hardest game ever, as far as perfecting a skillset - that would definitely be Rock Band, as far as I'm concerned. But Catherine's tough...
Lemme smang it girl.
May 7, 2013 11:06 PM
Oct 2012
I'd say Ghosts n Goblins. It's like Contra except you shoot in one direction and you die in two hits.
May 8, 2013 3:46 AM
May 2013
The Worlds Hardest Game : Don't Get Hit By Blue Balls! Keep your Red Square away from the Blue Balls on your way to the Green Zone or you'll DIE! And trust ...

modern warfare 4
modern warfare 4 release date
May 8, 2013 3:48 AM

Sep 2011
Wicked_Glory said:
burntlettuce said:
Wicked_Glory said:

It is if you don't have the skillset. Overall, most people consider it hard(there's a reason the platinum has a 9/10 on PS3T.org)...
A games hardness isnt made by how hard it is to trophy, look at star ocean 4, its arguably the hardest game to platinum ever but the actual main game was easy as shit aside from like 1 fight

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 8, 2013 3:50 AM
May 2013
The Worlds Hardest Game : Don't Get Hit By Blue Balls! Keep your Red Square away from the Blue Balls on your way to the Green Zone or you'll DIE! And trust ...
modern warfare 4
modern warfare 4 release date
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3509 by lcee_15 »»
39 minutes ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

29 by vasipi4946 »»
1 hour ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

15 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
5 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Today

1 by rootje_43 »»
6 hours ago

» Whats a game you'd see yourself as an expert in? ( 1 2 3 )

Disapeared_Ghost - Jun 28, 2021

147 by rootje_43 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.