Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 3, 2013 9:02 PM

Jul 2012
Mikasa is too perfect, it's unrealistic.
May 3, 2013 9:07 PM

Nov 2010
T-Flip said:
Mikasa is too perfect, it's unrealistic.
Not really, they explain later why it is that she's so serious and partly about why she's so strong.
May 3, 2013 9:08 PM

Feb 2012
Not so much hate (imo)
His character reminds me of Ed Elric (FMA) and can be /sort of/ annoying but most anime characters are like that (again, imo)
I think he tries too hard in some parts

Mikasa is the typical powerful girl you see in a lot of anime so it's only natural for people to love her haha ^^;
Edit: She reminds me of Morgiana a little! (Magi)
May 3, 2013 9:39 PM

Oct 2012
TehBlindSamurai said:
I love all the characters Especially Potato Girl(Sasha)

Agreed, I couldn't help but laugh so hard at her, I think she will be the light in the dark and the humor in the show.
May 3, 2013 9:46 PM

Nov 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
Calumz said:
mixordia said:
Darklight0303 said:

She is a far better fighter than him that's not even in question

I agree.

In manga, she is fucking awesome and fight a lot... and I ship her with Rivaille, the two would be wonderful parents XP

god im sick of Mikasa already

best thing about Shingeki is Mikasa, so if u don't like her, better dropping the show.

Not really. The world and titans themselves are more interesting. Not to mention characters like Eren, Levi, Jean, Annie, Sasha are also great.
The Art of Eight
May 3, 2013 9:54 PM

May 2010
I noticed a lot of guys have the hots for Mikasa. So whattt.

Eren is freakin' awesome. :D
Well Mikasa is too, but I like Eren more. Mikasa would be my 2nd fave. ^^
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 3, 2013 9:59 PM

Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Calumz said:
mixordia said:
Darklight0303 said:

I agree.

In manga, she is fucking awesome and fight a lot... and I ship her with Rivaille, the two would be wonderful parents XP

Your tastes are shit to begin with so your opinion is worth little.

Sasha > Annie > Mikasa

just sayan

I hope this thread dosen't turn into a waifu war
FastnessofWheelsMay 3, 2013 10:02 PM
May 4, 2013 2:26 AM

Aug 2009
FastWheels said:
Darklight0303 said:
Calumz said:
mixordia said:
Darklight0303 said:

I agree.

Sasha > Annie > Mikasa

just sayan

*Mayor's voice*Yonda?

Annie>Ymir>Sasha>=Mikasa
May 4, 2013 2:32 AM
Aug 2012
FastWheels said:
Darklight0303 said:
Calumz said:
mixordia said:
Darklight0303 said:

I agree.

Sasha > Annie > Mikasa

just sayan

I thought it had already become one.

May 4, 2013 2:37 AM

Aug 2011
Of course they would hate him.

Mikasa is the hot OP sister. Eren is just some guy in the way of certain pathetic fantasies.

May 4, 2013 2:40 AM

Aug 2009
Itami-chan said:
Of course they would hate him.

Mikasa is the hot OP sister. Eren is just some guy in the way of certain pathetic fantasies.
She isnt his sister in case that isnt obvious enough
May 4, 2013 2:45 AM

Aug 2011
ssjokg said:

She's his sister. Not related by blood, but she's his sister.

May 4, 2013 2:56 AM

Aug 2009
Itami-chan said:
ssjokg said:

Yeah being adopted for like a year or so makes her his sister.They havent grow up together to actually call them siblings(of any kind)
May 4, 2013 3:06 AM

Aug 2011
ssjokg said:
Itami-chan said:
ssjokg said:

Yeah being adopted for like a year or so makes her his sister.They havent grow up together to actually call them siblings(of any kind)

Are you kidding me?

How many years has it been now? And since when do siblings have to actually grow up together to be considered siblings?

Looks like a majority of the adopted kids in the world don't have the right to call the people they live with relatives if they haven't grown up with them. Give me a break.

May 4, 2013 3:16 AM

Aug 2009
Itami-chan said:
ssjokg said:
Itami-chan said:
ssjokg said:

Are you kidding me?

How many years has it been now? And since when do siblings have to actually grow up together to be considered siblings?

Looks like a majority of the adopted kids in the world don't have the right to call the people they live with relatives if they haven't grown up with them. Give me a break.

Yeah because thats totally what I said.From what I have see/read they and the rest of the cast dont consider them as a (step)siblings.NOt to mention that they arent a "family" anymore after the first attack.If you want to add the "step siblings love" trope to them thats your problem.
May 4, 2013 3:29 AM

Aug 2011
ssjokg said:
NOt to mention that they arent a "family" anymore after the first attack.If you want to add the "step siblings love" trope to them thats your problem.

Your assumptions are beyond stupid. I'm not adding any kind of "trope" to them. I'm simply pointing out the blatantly obvious.

Do you even understand what a foster sister is? It really doesn't seem like it.

May 4, 2013 3:35 AM

Aug 2009
Itami-chan said:
ssjokg said:
NOt to mention that they arent a "family" anymore after the first attack.If you want to add the "step siblings love" trope to them thats your problem.

Your assumptions are beyond stupid. I'm not adding any kind of "trope" to them. I'm simply pointing out the blatantly obvious.

Do you even understand what a foster sister is? It really doesn't seem like it.

Then what was the point of your post if not show that people like the "step-sibling love" relationship?
Do you even understand that they dont treat each other as siblings?Both of them along with Armin now are a "family".Is he a step brother too?
What they are "on papers" and what they feel is different.
May 4, 2013 3:49 AM

Aug 2011
ssjokg said:
Do you even understand that they dont treat each other as siblings?Both of them along with Armin now are a "family".Is he a step brother too?

Of course he isn't. They didn't adopt him, why would he be their step-brother?

ssjokg said:
Then what was the point of your post if not show that people like the "step-sibling love" relationship?

Itami-chan said:

Was that what that looked like? It seems like you read way too far into simple facts.

ssjokg said:
What they are "on papers" and what they feel is different.

A five year old could figure that out.

Am I saying that they're in mad love with each other? No.

All I said before was that Mikasa was the sister. I hate repeating myself because people get ahead of themselves. If you thought properly about what I said, we wouldn't be having this pointless conversation about your relationship opinions.

May 4, 2013 4:03 AM

Aug 2009
May 4, 2013 4:10 AM

Aug 2011
ssjokg said:
So I guess your spoiler was irrelevant.....Okay.

Oh really. I wasn't even serious. You got ahead of yourself, that's it.

Are you done? If you haven't had enough, take it to my profile. :)

May 4, 2013 4:16 AM

Aug 2009
Itami-chan said:

I like that people in this site think that I "pick fights on purpose".

Since the beginning people have compared this with SAO for a number of reasons.I dont want every random user that never read the manga and/or looks for a "reason" to start bitching about SnK,to do it because he read a random "joke".
May 4, 2013 4:21 AM

Aug 2011
ssjokg said:
Itami-chan said:

I like that people in this site think that I "pick fights on purpose".

Since the beginning people have compared this with SAO for a number of reasons.I dont want every random user that never read the manga and/or looks for a "reason" to start bitching about SnK because he read a random "joke".

If you're implying that I thought you were picking a fight, I'm just going to say that you're wrong there. That wasn't even close to a fight.

People compare SAO to everything, it's old news. Bitches will bitch.

May 4, 2013 4:26 AM

Aug 2009
Itami-chan said:
If you're implying that I thought you were picking a fight, I'm just going to say that you're wrong there. That wasn't even close to a fight.

People compare SAO to everything, it's old news. Bitches will bitch.

Okay then.

True.
May 4, 2013 5:24 AM
Mar 2010
I don't hate Eren, I just found him a bit annoying. But I like the fact that's not a Gary Stu unlike a very famous anime character I know.
Mikasa...well, I don't know why everyone thinks she's awesome. I don't hate her but I like Sasha more than i like Mikasa. SASHA POTATO FTW!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 4, 2013 5:26 AM

Apr 2008
phoenixalia said:
I don't hate Eren, I just found him a bit annoying. But I like the fact that's not a Gary Stu unlike a very famous anime character I know.
Mikasa...well, I don't know why everyone thinks she's awesome. I don't hate her but I like Sasha more than i like Mikasa. SASHA POTATO FTW!

Most of the people who like Mikasa have read up ahead in the manga so they know lots of reasons to like her :P
May 4, 2013 5:46 AM
Jul 2018
I like both of them^^
May 4, 2013 8:49 AM
Sep 2012
I honestly don't hate nor like either of them atm. I need to watch more eps or read the manga to get to know Mikasa more, backstory etc.
follow me on tumblr (i follow back, unless your some bloody yugiohentai blog lol)
http://xoxotaku.tumblr.com

May 4, 2013 6:54 PM

Feb 2008
Slyr3do0n said:
Potato girl is my favourite.

I like how you think.

Personally I hate characters like Eren who could progress into a likeable character but that is kinda doubtful. His heart's in the right place but Eren always goes out of his way to act like an obnoxious asshole. Hopefully as the series progresses Eren will progress into a more likable character but for now I hate his guts.
May 4, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2012
Cuz Kaji Yuki voices him...
May 4, 2013 9:09 PM
May 4, 2013 9:34 PM

Feb 2012
I like both eren and mikasa personally.
LiquidGoldMay 4, 2013 9:39 PM
May 4, 2013 11:53 PM

Jun 2012
antonn said:

Ha. Anyways I don't mind either of them. If I had to choose I'd say I like Eren marginally better.
May 5, 2013 2:01 AM

Jul 2010
Spike_Terra said:
His heart's in the right place but Eren always goes out of his way to act like an obnoxious asshole.
THIS.

And boy, that mindless rage sure cost him... his arm and leg, in particular.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
May 5, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
Bigbuffoon said:
Spike_Terra said:
His heart's in the right place but Eren always goes out of his way to act like an obnoxious asshole.
THIS.

Yeah because normally people are calm after seeing their friends and comrades being devoured by giant naked zombies
May 5, 2013 12:09 PM
Aug 2012
Bigbuffoon said:
Spike_Terra said:
THIS.

Why do you people have to be so obnoxious??? If you were in his place, you have either be frozen in fear (like Armin) or pissed in your pants!!!

There is a difference between talking tough and doing something about it. And Eren is the latter type. Did you expect the titans to attack like that at that moment? They were prepared but those abnormal pattens got the better of them!!!

May 5, 2013 12:20 PM

Apr 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Bigbuffoon said:
Spike_Terra said:
THIS.

Why do you people have to be so obnoxious??? If you were in his place, you have either be frozen in fear (like Armin) or pissed in your pants!!!

There is a difference between talking tough and doing something about it. And Eren is the latter type. Did you expect the titans to attack like that at that moment? They were prepared but those abnormal pattens got the better of them!!!

The town is necessary for them to use the 3d Gear but it is a double edged sword as we have seen in this episode. What works for 3d gear can also hide titans in waiting.
May 5, 2013 12:45 PM
Aug 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Bigbuffoon said:
Spike_Terra said:
THIS.

The town is necessary for them to use the 3d Gear but it is a double edged sword as we have seen in this episode. What works for 3d gear can also hide titans in waiting.

I know that but what would it take to get this through the thick skulls of these dumb haters? One don't really need to read the manga to understand this if they use their head a little. But i personally didn't think they could attack like that. I thought only the special ones were intelligent.

May 5, 2013 1:05 PM

Aug 2009
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Darklight0303 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Bigbuffoon said:
Spike_Terra said:
THIS.

I know that but what would it take to get this through the thick skulls of these dumb haters? One don't really need to read the manga to understand this if they use their head a little. But i personally didn't think they could attack like that. I thought only the special ones were intelligent.

They just went for the "human bait".You cant call jumping or grabbing "intelligent" moves.
May 5, 2013 1:07 PM

Feb 2010
Love both the characters but definitely prefer Eren to Mikasa. I think it would be pretty boring if Mikasa was the main character... contrary to what many people say. I like Eren's personality and determination as well. He really doesn't strike me as a 'brat' like a lot of people say, and don't give a damn about the VA. Does a good job.
cloud8100May 5, 2013 1:10 PM
May 5, 2013 3:45 PM

Jul 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Bigbuffoon said:
Spike_Terra said:
THIS.

Unfortunately they are not normal people; they are soldiers. To defend the country and its constituents, success is a must. And success can only be obtained when the soldiers are sound-minded and attack with proper strategy. They can't afford to tremble in fear like normal people; they were trained specifically for the purpose of fighting.

But don't mistake my hate against recklessness leading to failure and loss of life. I enjoyed the plot so far because it showed the grim reality of the current universe, but that doesn't change the fact that Eren's instarage caused the team's disarray and subsequent deaths.

Eren has negative traits; that is the truth. Sometimes, character development is all about abolishing those negative traits through learning experiences; that means I may like him later on if he does improve. But as of now, I don't like his revenge-obsessed character. The "heroes" that I want are VIRTUOUS, and obsession for vengeance and hot temper obviously are not virtues.
BigbuffoonMay 5, 2013 3:50 PM
May 5, 2013 4:17 PM

Dec 2012
Spike_Terra said:
Slyr3do0n said:
Potato girl is my favourite.

I like how you think.

Personally I hate characters like Eren who could progress into a likeable character but that is kinda doubtful. His heart's in the right place but Eren always goes out of his way to act like an obnoxious asshole. Hopefully as the series progresses Eren will progress into a more likable character but for now I hate his guts.
I feel the same way about him, I obviously don't understand what it's like to be him but it wouldn't kill him not to act like a dick.
May 5, 2013 4:51 PM

Oct 2012
I don't hate Eren, he's just kind of boring... However, most of the characters are boring at this point because they're little more then your stereotypical archetypes. It goes without saying that this is excluding the best character, Sasha, "potato girl", Braus.
ShrabsterMay 5, 2013 7:40 PM

May 5, 2013 5:30 PM

Apr 2008
Bigbuffoon said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Bigbuffoon said:
Spike_Terra said:
THIS.

Unfortunately they are not normal people; they are soldiers. To defend the country and its constituents, success is a must. And success can only be obtained when the soldiers are sound-minded and attack with proper strategy. They can't afford to tremble in fear like normal people; they were trained specifically for the purpose of fighting.

But don't mistake my hate against recklessness leading to failure and loss of life. I enjoyed the plot so far because it showed the grim reality of the current universe, but that doesn't change the fact that Eren's instarage caused the team's disarray and subsequent deaths.

Eren has negative traits; that is the truth. Sometimes, character development is all about abolishing those negative traits through learning experiences; that means I may like him later on if he does improve. But as of now, I don't like his revenge-obsessed character. The "heroes" that I want are VIRTUOUS, and obsession for vengeance and hot temper obviously are not virtues.

Virtuous heroes are boring and a dime a dozen
May 5, 2013 5:37 PM

May 2012
after i read the manga i cant bring my self to hate eren and love mikasa(i just like her).. :D

potato girl is my favorite..
and also levi...

May 5, 2013 5:39 PM

Apr 2010
I don't see anything special about Mikasa, really. Eren is a much better character.

Sasha clearly the best girl.
May 5, 2013 5:53 PM

Mar 2013
Been reading the manga from day one and never really liked Eren to be frank he's a bad tempered reckless idiot and he never changes.

Mikasa on the other hand is the opposite she pretty level headed and if she opened up abit I think she'd make a pretty good leader.
NewhopesMay 5, 2013 6:00 PM

May 5, 2013 6:14 PM

Jul 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Virtuous heroes are boring and a dime a dozen

You are mistaking virtuous with 2D. A virtuous man does not necessarily have to be like your cliché hero. In fact, most shounen MCs are virtuous; in fact their principles scream NAKAMA all the time it can be quite annoying, but those same principles are the reason why they are well liked by the people inside and outside their universes.

Eren is cliché avenger btw. He's raging and reckless. While he does have a sliver of shounen principles, he lets his rage get the best of him, ignoring his teammates when they could've done better if they attacked together. His teammates followed after him because they wanted to support him, but then it resulted in a disorganized attack, and obviously a massive fail.

Like I said, great plot. Hateable Eren leads the team to horrendous fate, which is great plot. But I can NOT like a character who's behaving like his revenge is the only important thing in the world. Go ahead and like him, but don't expect me to.
May 5, 2013 6:20 PM

Apr 2011
Eren is cool. I've seen worse.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
May 5, 2013 6:30 PM

Jul 2007
Sasha is the best character in my opinion (and apparently the opinion of everyone with a Gintama icon that commented on this thread. A highfive to all of you Gintabros who clearly have good taste in more way than one).

Now that that's out of the way, I don't read the manga so I can't elaborate on the characters but I can say that even if Eren has an annoying attitude for some, it DOES make sense. I don't get it why people tend to hate on the characters who are the most realistic. I, for one, love the fact he didn't go Ichigo or Naruto, suddenly being the best of the best because the Plot tells so. It's refreshing, really. Besides, people change so I'm hopping that he will start learning from his mistakes, like everyone else does IRL.
As for Mikasa, I liked her more during episode one but now she's just passive. However, I don't dislike her. It has clearly been hinted that something happened to her in the past so we just have to way for more back story.
As for Armin, I hate him. It's not because he was scared and froze on spot or because he's weak but because he'll be the annoying cliché character of "I'm weak of body but strong in wits". Plus, he's so submissive all the time, seriously, it makes me want to punch him.
May 5, 2013 6:57 PM

Jun 2011
waalex11 said:
I don't hate Eren at all! I actually dislike Misaka's personality a lot.

And to top it all I'm not the type of person who hates 'whiny' so called 'pussy' characters. I sometimes don't care about it and like them as a character, or love the realistic feel of it.

I agree with you in pretty much every aspect.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

40 by Rhaelynne »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.