Forum Settings
Forums

In your opinion. What are some mangaka with the BEST drawing talent?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jun 18, 2016 12:02 AM

Apr 2016
Sayuri Tatsuyama
Jun 20, 2016 4:03 PM
Jun 2016
Interesting sidenote.

Rashidz, in your Boichi images you actually include the reproduction I drew of a splash page in Sun Ken Rock! I dunno if you knew that going in. Here's a link to the original image: http://www.mangahere.co/manga/sun_ken_rock/v07/c042/27.html

Here's mine: http://daisyfentiman.deviantart.com/art/Reproduction-Sun-Ken-Rock-488078983

Sidenote over. As you were!
Jun 21, 2016 12:30 PM

May 2014
I think that Matsuri Hino's art is amaaaazing.
Jun 22, 2016 5:38 AM

Feb 2013
DaisyFentiman said:
Interesting sidenote.

Rashidz, in your Boichi images you actually include the reproduction I drew of a splash page in Sun Ken Rock! I dunno if you knew that going in. Here's a link to the original image: http://www.mangahere.co/manga/sun_ken_rock/v07/c042/27.html

Here's mine: http://daisyfentiman.deviantart.com/art/Reproduction-Sun-Ken-Rock-488078983

Sidenote over. As you were!

Thank you, google aggregation issues, your image appeared together with the boichi one and i chose yours. BTW, awesome drawings.
Jun 24, 2016 9:50 AM

Aug 2012
waalex11 said:
Pandora Hearts, maybe?

YES!! I was gonna say the same!! Jun Mochizuki's drawing are amazing! When you see how much she improved from volume 1 to 22 it's soo impressive! Her covers from the begining have always been incredibly beautiful too (the best IMO never seen a cover that look more "worked" and that fit so well to manga atmosphere). Plus the artbooks are amazing, the colors are amazing. And she draws the characters emotions so nicely!

I also like Matsuri Hino or Riyoko Ideka or Io Sakisaka but they can't beat Jun Mochizuki for me!
Jun 27, 2016 7:32 AM
Jan 2015
Ogure ito is the god of art. He has a crazy eye for detail in all of his work and is severely underrated.
Jun 27, 2016 12:26 PM

Nov 2015
Oogeretsu Tanaka. His art is detailed but not too accentuated. I also like Tsukuru, that is at the end of the rope, with a clean accentuated art

Jun 27, 2016 8:36 PM
Apr 2016
I haven't read much but..

Hirohiko Araki (Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken)

Jun 28, 2016 2:57 AM

Dec 2014
Holy shit the 'I-am-the-biggest-biased-fan' topic.

On the other note, I go for Takehiko Inoue with his realistic drawings & Tite Kubo.
Oh and Samurai Deeper Kyo's author. Forgot the name. He stayed consistent with his drawing whereas usually mangaka got his drawing style changing throughout the series. But it's still good so no need to change.
LifeAlphaJun 28, 2016 3:06 AM

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Jun 28, 2016 4:15 AM
Mar 2016
Shurei Kouyu - I have always loved Alichino, the art is awesome. Too bad it was never finished.
Jul 1, 2016 1:32 PM

Sep 2014
Jun Mochizuki ▬

Arina Tanemura ▬

Aug 6, 2016 1:02 AM

Sep 2013
I can't say that the artists I've chosen have the best drawing talent because I'm in no position to judge. I'd say that they're artists who've appealed to me the most out of those I've encountered so far.
Nakamura Asumiko, for the unique art style that's never tiring to the eyes.
Takeuchi Tomo, for an attractive yet detailed depiction of bodies in motion.
Yamamoto Hideo, for the somewhat heavy-handed illustrations that bring with it ominous feelings.
Aug 6, 2016 12:10 PM

May 2014
Kentarou Miura(Berserk) and Takehiko Inoue(Vagabond, Slam Dunk, Real) are top class in manga art.

Miura puts a ridiculous amount of detail in the art he does. I can pick up Berserk any day and still be astounded by the art no matter how many times I read it.

Inoue's art is extremely realistic, especially in Vagabond and Real, and is smooth as all hell.

Hirohiko Araki(Jojo), Hiroya Oku(Gantz), Makoto Yukimura(Vinland Saga) and Yuusuke Murata(One Punch Man, Eyeshield 21) also do amazing art.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Feb 18, 2017 11:07 PM

Dec 2015
MihoWittmann said:
This is a great thread, I'll need to check these manga out…

I would nominate Hayao Miyazaki (in his one great masterpiece, Nausicaä) and Yoshikazu Yasuhiko (Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin and Venus Senki) as the mangaka with the finest visuals. It's worth noting that Yasuhiko doesn't make drafts in pencil, he goes straight to ink—now, that's talent!

I know it's been a long time since you posted this but I came across a youtube video mentioning the same thing about Yasuhiko's drawing process (that he skipps pencil drafts and inks immediately) and I thought that was not just amazing but also pretty interesting, so I've wanted to read a little further on this, where have you heard/read that?
Could you link me to some more information on that, please? 🙏
Feb 19, 2017 12:22 AM

Oct 2016
Seo Koujo
Feb 19, 2017 12:34 PM

Jan 2014
Jacksnapp said:
I know it's been a long time since you posted this but I came across a youtube video mentioning the same thing about Yasuhiko's drawing process (that he skipps pencil drafts and inks immediately) and I thought that was not just amazing but also pretty interesting, so I've wanted to read a little further on this, where have you heard/read that?

I read about this in essays by him and other manga/anime creators that were included as extras in the Vertical hardcover volumes of his Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin manga, which I very much recommend, if you can get ahold of them.
Feb 19, 2017 6:53 PM

Dec 2015
MihoWittmann said:
Jacksnapp said:

I read about this in essays by him and other manga/anime creators that were included as extras in the Vertical hardcover volumes of his Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin manga, which I very much recommend, if you can get ahold of them.

Thank you very much for taking your time to answer!!
I was planning to buy them in the near future but your response was the push needed to convince me to finally order them!

Thank you for that!!
Mar 2, 2017 9:22 PM
Jun 2014
- Katsura Hoshino (D.Gray-Man)
- Jun Mochizuki (Pandora Hearts)
- Kubonouchi Eisaku (e.g. Chocolat, I really like his soft drawing style)
- Yoshihara Yuki (She drew maaaaany funny & sexy josei manga, like "Darling wa namamono ni tsuki")
- Ayano Yamane (Crimson Spell)
- Yabuki Kentaro (To Love-ru, Black Cat. I don't like the manga he draws very much but I like the art style :/)
- Akira Toriyama xD --> personal preference. Even though Dragon Ball is an older series I still enjoy it's drawing style

There might be more artists I really envy for their talent but these are all I can think of right now ^^°
Mar 4, 2017 8:08 AM

Jun 2016
while technically a mahwa, feng shen ji has some amazing art.

AbsoulHeroMar 4, 2017 8:11 AM
Mar 4, 2017 8:49 AM

Jan 2017
Miura obviously. Araki slightly behind. And Togashi is GOAT.
Oct 8, 2017 3:28 AM

Aug 2016
two of the best mangakas in terms of drawing talent that are not usually mentioned are Kengo Hanazawa (I am a Hero) and Shinichi Sakamoto (Innocent).
:v
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

17 by Oofmastre9000 »»
7 hours ago

» Do you ever skim through your Manga?

zaganGao - Jan 23

26 by Zimmu »»
9 hours ago

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - Apr 15

22 by Lucifrost »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

5931 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 16, 8:26 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

7 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 16, 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.