Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 19, 2013 5:32 AM

Jul 2012
Liked the episode ,But what really caught my attention was how Keita was missing from the ED :O Thats just so ... Depressing but Awesome ,I wonder if the main character's facial expressions will change throughout the series as well in the Ending, Eg. Like how the Main character is waving at Daichi and if Daichi died what would he do then :O
Apr 19, 2013 5:33 AM

Jan 2008
exLightning said:
Liked the episode ,But what really caught my attention was how Keita was missing from the ED :O

This. This is what I noticed too.

I never played DS2 so it makes me wonder if every character is going to die or something.
Apr 19, 2013 5:36 AM

Mar 2010
It's really good episode. But I fucking hate they killed Keita. I don't like it since everyone has many portion of dialogue and scenario in game.

Yes, I'm pretty mad.
Apr 19, 2013 6:21 AM

Jan 2010
A good episode, half run as expected, just do not expect a character introduced was killed in the same episode, until he liked the way the tsundere Keita. The biggest disappointment was again the Daichi l: do not remember him being such a coward in the game actually was very brave, and his demons and Io were not so useless, I do not like this role all by the Hibiki even if he is a cool character and all, I want to see more scenes of destruction, which will become more apparent from now on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Apr 19, 2013 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
Dropped! Which is a pity, since I liked the game.
Might repick this if it suddenly became great.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Apr 19, 2013 8:14 AM

Oct 2007
I'm not so fan yet, and don't know anything about the game(s) (didn't even heard the name before) but it's not bad. Keita summoning are pretty strange, andsadly mine cannot do it... because not yet the end of Tokyo/Japan?
I hate the "new girl I don't know the name" ecchi clothes but not worse than a lot of other series and Daichi blush for Hibiki so... ^o^

ernst said:
Dropped! Which is a pity, since I liked the game.
Might repick this if it suddenly became great.

How will you know? Reading/listening SOMEONE ELSE opinion about it?
Apr 19, 2013 8:54 AM

Sep 2011
So that Keita guy appeared on this episode and died on this episode too...

Also, it seems the "dead face" is inevitable.(?)

Apr 19, 2013 9:03 AM

Mar 2011
Frost190 said:
Seeing Hibiki's personality, it's unlikely that the anime would follow Yamato's way of meritocracy. Only 13 episodes, huh...I feel it's kind of a waste with many great characters. They could have develop it much better. I know that there are some anime that would be better ended fast, but I think DS2 should have more episodes at least 26 or 22.

I wonder who will die next...

Who knows. As someone before said, Anime-Hibiki is conscious that people are not equal and that there are some priorities. He didn't like it at the beginning but he quickly became ""okay"" with it and logical.

It's because the opponent can reflect Elec skills,Byakko's ziodyne is pretty much useless against him.

the best thing is that they are applying this for pretty much every fight for now.
Well, and Botis is supposed to be HORRIBLY annoying and strong to begin with (Ziodyne, anyone?). I'm happy that they kept its "worst boss ever" aspect from the game.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta run away from this thread since it seems to be overflowing with spoilers. Just make a frackin "well in a game they XYZ" thread and throw thousands of spoilers there.
Getting here to comment on an episode and seeing 90% of comments are not about the episode, but about the future events in a game is fucking annoying.

most spoilers are marked. If you don't open what you are NOT supposed to open, it should be okay.

The concept seemed cool at first but I'm just meh at everything now. Lost that horror factor the show had in the first ep with the introduction of Nicaea.

What the f.
The show pretty much turned Game of Thone-style, "Anything can happen, anyone can die,even knowing the future doesn't protect you".
If anything, the horror factor is a lot higher than in ep1. I don't even get where the horror part was supposed to be in the first episode since Byakko pretty much one-shot Dubhe.

I've never got to play a lot Devil Survivor 2 on my Nintendo DS, so from this point the plot is new to me I wasn't expecting Keita to die.

We didn't neither. The goal of the game is that you'e supposed to save everyone. So even VG-players didn't think that they were going to kill him.
That's why it was even more shocking for players. You are supposed to save him in the game.

The biggest disappointment was again the Daichi l: do not remember him being such a coward in the game actually was very brave, and his demons and Io were not so useless, I do not like this role all by the Hibiki even if he is a cool character and all, I want to see more scenes of destruction, which will become more apparent from now on.

He was. His FATE route is all about him becoming more reliable. That's also probably why he is so pitiful right now; so that his Character Development will be more obvious.
And (HEAVY SPOILER FROM THE GAME, WARNING)

I hate the "new girl I don't know the name" ecchi clothes but not worse than a lot of other series and Daichi blush for Hibiki so... ^o^

It's Hinako. And yeah, I laughed too at Daichi blushing, hard. Especially because the game has some Yaoi-like answers for fun to begin with.
willardhwrightApr 19, 2013 9:07 AM
Apr 19, 2013 9:07 AM

Sep 2012
Haven't played the game and I think this episode is quite fine. Pacing is good and it is building up to apparently some awesome actions in the next episode.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 19, 2013 9:21 AM
Aug 2012
This would have been such a great adaptation if they follow the sequence of the game and didn't kill people off just after introducing them!!! It's easier to adapt compared to Persona 4. There goes my excitement down the drain. I don't really like to complain like this and Keita was someone i didn't like but still how they introduced and killed him off in 1 episode just feels wrong on so many ways. And they changed the ending to prove it as well. So Nitta, Jungo, Joe, Makoto has to chance to killed off. I guess this will be 13 episodes then...................Persona 4 was a much better adaptation no matter what haters say.

Well other than that, we got to see Berserker, Gozuki, Mezuki, Lilim and Botis animated. Well it was fun to see them and the action was nice but the ending ruined it for me.

Apr 19, 2013 9:35 AM

Mar 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
This would have been such a great adaptation if they follow the sequence of the game and didn't kill people off just after introducing them!!! It's easier to adapt compared to Persona 4. There goes my excitement down the drain. I don't really like to complain like this and Keita was someone i didn't like but still how they introduced and killed him off in 1 episode just feels wrong on so many ways. And they changed the ending to prove it as well. So Nitta, Jungo, Joe, Makoto has to chance to killed off. I guess this will be 13 episodes then...................Persona 4 was a much better adaptation no matter what haters say.

Well other than that, we got to see Berserker, Gozuki, Mezuki, Lilim and Botis animated. Well it was fun to see them and the action was nice but the ending ruined it for me.

Well, they FOLLOW the sequence of the game. Keita also die just after you meet him for the first time. You don't even have the time to "befriend" him. In fact, I think that he may even have more screen time in the anime than in the game if he dies.

Also, 13 eps still doesn't work if you take 3 episode for the day that is supposed to be the shorter and the day that have the least background/explanations. And saying that P4 was better before the end of the anime, or at least before it is far enough, is just plain stupid. It's still too early to judge, in both ways. It reminds me of some people who judge the quality of an anime with 1/2 eps. It is NOT a smart thing to do. We will see. I liked the P4 anime, but comparing two things when one is still at its very beginning is meaningless.
Apr 19, 2013 9:49 AM

Mar 2013
Well quite shock about keita death... I thought they let him alive since on my game I fail to save him :(

I just sad for Hinako, since she is the only one crying.. (I know your feeling hinako, you're not alone)..

but still gonna watch until the end :)....
Apr 19, 2013 9:53 AM

Oct 2011
And there goes the tsundere dude ...

To be honest, this is kinda boring ... meh =|
Apr 19, 2013 10:06 AM
Jan 2013
why is keita's death turn you people crazy?
comedy note, the director finally make all of you move according to plan: making thios anime a big news :P

nah, just kidding

killing keita, at least for me, is a good choice. Is it only me who look at keita's death again and again? somehow i like the scene, but not because i like to see character i hate dies. In fact i like casts in the game and i can't see further story given to keita if he's kept alive to be honest.

i have a speculation regarding the ending:
Apr 19, 2013 10:06 AM

Jan 2011
I can see the ending already, 憂う者 route, a.k.a solo route,,
Apr 19, 2013 11:21 AM

Mar 2012
Best characters always get killed first, fuck, they even removed him from the ED. ;_;

Apr 19, 2013 11:33 AM

Jul 2007
xAyaChanx said:
I didn't really like the fact that they introduced Keita and killed him off in the same episode.

This. But only because I was sort of looking forward to more of his tsun and now we won't get to see his arguments dynamics with some characters at all.

I was so relieved when they saved him as I thought they cleared the death like in game but nope.jpg ... didn't expect him to die that way. It reminded me of the guilt when he died on my first playthrough.

If they continue killing off characters like this I suppose we will cross out all routes soon.
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
Apr 19, 2013 4:13 PM

Jul 2010
Uhm, Hinako; maybe you should put on some clothes And Keita; you would do good to lose the shorts. Well, before you died that is.

Man, the whole magic barrier being down is some bad news. Demons are already flooding Osaka.

Apr 19, 2013 4:53 PM
Sep 2011
Is it just me or does it seem like even the guys fall for our main lead? did I really see that right? I mean I understand the female but why does the male blush around him too...?
Apr 19, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2013
deave112 said:
Is it just me or does it seem like even the guys fall for our main lead? did I really see that right? I mean I understand the female but why does the male blush around him too...?

Hahaha oh boy if you thought that Daichi scene was some sort of subtext, wait till

Keita was standard tsundere though. He wasn't necessarily blushing because of Hibiki, he's just embarrassed to be seen as 'soft'.
minescopeApr 19, 2013 5:50 PM
Apr 19, 2013 5:49 PM
Sep 2011
minescope said:
deave112 said:

Hahaha oh boy if you thought Daichi was bad, stay tuned for more thanks to

Keita was standard tsundere though. He wasn't necessarily blushing because of Hibiki, he's just embarrassed to be seen as 'soft'.

What happens between him and Yamato (and Alcor?)?!
Apr 19, 2013 5:56 PM

Jan 2013
deave112 said:

Apr 19, 2013 6:03 PM

Jun 2010
This is getting boring. The game is quite entertaining, though.
Apr 19, 2013 6:09 PM
Sep 2011
minescope said:
deave112 said:

Could you give an example of this "flirting" :D
Apr 19, 2013 7:21 PM

Sep 2010
wtf, and here i was hoping Keita wouldnt die here since he died on me on the game xD

oh well, c'est la vie
Apr 19, 2013 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
deave112 said:

It's been a long time so I can't remember things accurately. To name a few:
Apr 19, 2013 8:21 PM

Feb 2010
minescope said:
deave112 said:

minescope said:
deave112 said:

It's been a long time so I can't remember things accurately. To name a few:

I played the game
Apr 19, 2013 8:37 PM

Jan 2013
Vanisher said:

Apr 19, 2013 9:15 PM

Oct 2012
This episode...really, made me sad. I was starting to love keita. Why did he have to go? @_@
Whats worse, he's missing from the ending...I died a little on the inside.
I guess devil survivor meant it when they said 'Survive'...>_<
Apr 19, 2013 10:48 PM

Apr 2013
Keita saved Hibiki then he died, what a heroic sacrifice!
Apr 19, 2013 11:58 PM
Apr 2012
This show is getting so predictable and boring, I don't see how anyone like its. It's not surprising the rating on mal has gotten lower and lower as new episodes have come out.
Apr 20, 2013 12:02 AM

Sep 2012
Zythie said:
This show is getting so predictable and boring, I don't see how anyone like its.
So you predicted introduction of 2 new characters and one would die in the same episode?? Amazing! Could you tell us what will happen in the next episode then please, if it is so predictable?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 20, 2013 12:20 AM
Aug 2012
willardhwright said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Well, they FOLLOW the sequence of the game. Keita also die just after you meet him for the first time. You don't even have the time to "befriend" him. In fact, I think that he may even have more screen time in the anime than in the game if he dies.

Also, 13 eps still doesn't work if you take 3 episode for the day that is supposed to be the shorter and the day that have the least background/explanations. And saying that P4 was better before the end of the anime, or at least before it is far enough, is just plain stupid. It's still too early to judge, in both ways. It reminds me of some people who judge the quality of an anime with 1/2 eps. It is NOT a smart thing to do. We will see. I liked the P4 anime, but comparing two things when one is still at its very beginning is meaningless.

Buddy calling a anime bad, predictable, annoying, worst of the season......etc etc after 1/2 episodes isn't my style. You won't really see me complaining like that. But i can't really hide my disappointment for this one. Also P4A was a rather good and faithful adaptation compared to DS2. I am saying that this one was easier to adapt but they are ruining it as it stands now. (The train accident scene and late introduction of Joe are some major problems in my opinion but i can live with that. But the overpowering Byakko is also another thing to be question but i guess it was to make Hibiki special so we can leave it at that.)

It's my opinion anyways but i don't think DS2 fans will like it that much. Yeah 13 episodes don't work if it's 2 episodes for each day. But who knows, the way it stands they will just rush it and end it somehow. I am personally hoping for 2 course. As it was one my favorite games, i really don't like the way they are doing it and it deserves better.

Btw you should say that to the real haters not me because i will still watch it but if they kill off good characters without any development at all, we all know where this will be going. Well let's hope that we get some good actions in the fight with Merak.

Apr 20, 2013 12:31 AM
Aug 2012
Zythie said:
This show is getting so predictable and boring, I don't see how anyone like its. It's not surprising the rating on mal has gotten lower and lower as new episodes have come out.

Ha Ha i am disappointed with the adaptation as a game fan but isn't all this This anime is predictable and boring blah blah blah blah....... bs getting boring by now? So you guys can predict everything in every new anime? Can you answer a few questions?

What is the name of the next boss that was shown this episode?
Is Hibiki going to summon a new demon or just use Byakkko?
Is anyone else gonna die or not?
How and where is the battle going to take place?

This adaptation has become unpredictable even for the gamers and you can predict everything don't you? What a fag and they come in all threads in so many different ways.

Apr 20, 2013 1:08 AM

Feb 2013
Pretty good episode, only thing that bothered me was that Dr. Kanno was still able to send an error code or whatever she did even though Daichi was able to break the hacking connecting by smashing stuff, if she could still send the code she would still be able to hack right?
[/url]
Apr 20, 2013 1:20 AM

May 2010
Wat Keita died just after showing up for a few moments !!? O_O
Apr 20, 2013 2:33 AM

Feb 2012
Goodbye Keita, I guess. Oh well atleast Hinako is still alive.
Apr 20, 2013 3:38 AM

Jul 2011
Nice episode. Rest in peace Keita, they have even removed him from the ED.
Apr 20, 2013 3:42 AM

Jul 2012
Guess I will get the game, I wonder which one I should try 1st the Devil survivor 1 or the Devil survivor 2.
About Keita, I hate the annoying brat, but kill him off in just 1 ep is kinda rush....
Apr 20, 2013 11:34 AM

May 2011
Well, fuck. Systems gotten completely hacked and Keita got killed in the first episode he appears in. This was a pretty good episode tho and things are only looking more intense from now on tbh.
Apr 20, 2013 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
I liked this episode despite many people not liking it xD.
Apr 20, 2013 5:24 PM

May 2012
heard it's 12 episodes...not too much time to get better
Apr 20, 2013 7:11 PM

Aug 2010
Decent episode, the plot is moving at a good speed...and nice knowing you Keita, you tsudere
Apr 20, 2013 7:36 PM

Jun 2012
I'm trying to like this anime, but it really seems meh so far. (Yes even though they killed someone off.) I'll continue watching for a little longer hoping it gets better.
Apr 20, 2013 7:58 PM

Mar 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
willardhwright said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Buddy calling a anime bad, predictable, annoying, worst of the season......etc etc after 1/2 episodes isn't my style. You won't really see me complaining like that. But i can't really hide my disappointment for this one. Also P4A was a rather good and faithful adaptation compared to DS2. I am saying that this one was easier to adapt but they are ruining it as it stands now. (The train accident scene and late introduction of Joe are some major problems in my opinion but i can live with that. But the overpowering Byakko is also another thing to be question but i guess it was to make Hibiki special so we can leave it at that.)

It's my opinion anyways but i don't think DS2 fans will like it that much. Yeah 13 episodes don't work if it's 2 episodes for each day. But who knows, the way it stands they will just rush it and end it somehow. I am personally hoping for 2 course. As it was one my favorite games, i really don't like the way they are doing it and it deserves better.

Btw you should say that to the real haters not me because i will still watch it but if they kill off good characters without any development at all, we all know where this will be going. Well let's hope that we get some good actions in the fight with Merak.

Uh? What? I did almost all of the routes of the game and it IS faithful for now (then again, VERY LITTLE happened but they even kept Botis and Fumi), except for Joe (useless anecdote for curious people: they are probably following what DS2 was supposed to be at the beginning of its development, since Joe was only made more important afterward; you can see it on promotional material and pictures, he wasn't a main "main characters" at the beginning and only became one later during the dev.).
It may be annoying because Joe is a good character (if it wasn't for Ronaldo's route. Ngh.), but that's a detail, if anything, at least the main plot is exactly the same.
Anyway, saying that it is not faithful because of this sounds a bit "too much" for me, with this logic P4 is the worst adaptation ever made [just in case, it isn't for me, I liked it. Which is also why I have high hopes for DS2; they have the same director.].

(and I pretty much ignore the ""real"" haters and people who create many accounts just in order to hate and troll, because they are not even worth replying to and I doubt that most of them even really watched the episode anyway. I may not be okay with you, but you're still better than most of them. Like the one you replied to. I would like them to say WHAT exactly is predictable. And not something that would be true in ANY shonen, because that's not being predictable, that's just having plot devices needed in order to create an interesting story; which is also why I think the complains about the "hollywood hack" are stupid;

Then again as you said, this episode even suprised a lot of gamers, and even us have no idea of how the anime will end; just not with Ronaldo's end given the opening, and that's it. That's why I think that this guy doesn't even care/seriously watched it/understood 1/2 of what you said, he's probably just trolling the most popular animes of this season, like always on internet/MAL. People are stupid - -. )

The train accident isn't that much of a problem for me, except for one thing, that is linked to what I'll say afterward.
The biggest problem is the fact that the anime is pretty much only pokemon with demons, which looks stupid, when people are also supposed to be able to fight, even better than in DS1 since they don't need an harmonizer for them to touch demons.
Keita was good about this because at the very least he was more "active", so his fights looked less ridiculous. That's the biggest downpoint I can see for now (and also why I like "story parts" more than action ones)

Also, about Keita and what will follow (game spoilers, anime watchers.)

Guess I will get the game, I wonder which one I should try 1st the Devil survivor 1 or the Devil survivor 2.

I like the 2 better but the one is also excellent and have some pretty awesome characters (ngh, Naoya.).
The 2 is easier though. And I know quite a lot of people that stopped the whole serie because they started with the 1st and were not able to finish the first missions after hours. Apparently, even if I don't get it, for most people, SMT games are quite hard so beginning with the easier one would be a good idea.
willardhwrightApr 20, 2013 8:33 PM
Apr 20, 2013 9:33 PM
Jul 2011
The rating for this show is so high, I don't understand why.
Although I watched this episode 2 days ago, I don't even remember anyone or anything. Feels too dull and hopefully gets better.. within the few remaining episodes that it has..
Apr 20, 2013 9:50 PM
Aug 2012
@willardhwright

Glad to see you liked persona 4 as well. I finishd 2 routes (Daichi's first ending and AO and have some about how the others play out).

I never said the main story isn't the same but the problem is the sequence. The first fight was way too easy whereas it was a life and death situation. Also if you have time, u can read the manga for DS1. Rather than making the MC overpowered they actually showed some nice developments. But Hibiki is overpowered from the beginning (well Byakko matches his colour so they put some thought into it).

Also Keita's death, they showed a good side of him only to kill him off. Despite not liking him, i think it's unfair. Also i am worried about Nitta's development. Gotta wait till the 3rd day begins. Also just so there is no misunderstanding, i don't hate it but i am dissapointed with it because of how the events are playing out for now. It could get better later so who knows!!!

Apr 21, 2013 2:53 AM

Mar 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
@willardhwright

Glad to see you liked persona 4 as well. I finishd 2 routes (Daichi's first ending and AO and have some about how the others play out).

I never said the main story isn't the same but the problem is the sequence. The first fight was way too easy whereas it was a life and death situation. Also if you have time, u can read the manga for DS1. Rather than making the MC overpowered they actually showed some nice developments. But Hibiki is overpowered from the beginning (well Byakko matches his colour so they put some thought into it).

Also Keita's death, they showed a good side of him only to kill him off. Despite not liking him, i think it's unfair. Also i am worried about Nitta's development. Gotta wait till the 3rd day begins. Also just so there is no misunderstanding, i don't hate it but i am dissapointed with it because of how the events are playing out for now. It could get better later so who knows!!!

Well, I think that we kind of agree then. Keita's death was kind of ""funny"", because he, indeed, was a lot better than in the game. In the game, I pretty much wanted to slap him every time he opened his mouth. Anime!Keita was a lot better and less annoying, I almost liked him (despite his voice not fitting him at all, hmpf) so it would have been funny to see how he could have evolved later, yeah. Too bad. Not an horrible waste, but too bad.

I personally did (game spoilers, folks)

Yeah, P4 was good IMO, a bit "strange" sometimes if you did the game but that's normal, changing the medium implies that you have to change some parts, otherwise it would not work. It's also hard to take some battles seriously after Hiimdaisy's (awesome) comic. Disco ninja frog and Dominatrix bananahead, anyone?

My main problem about the first fight wasn't really about Hibiki being overpowered but more about what was aside. In the game, Dubhe was invincible until Daichi's sacrifice, period, overpowered demon or not.
Daichi and his truck was also quite cheesy, lacking the "power" it had in the game, where Daichi was a lot more impressive. Also, being saved by a pixie il a lot less funny that what happened in the game (and it lacked the MC being here "DAICHI IS DEAD...! Well, that's fine, let's move on." That part was just hilarious.). Yeah okay, this way Io was useful at least, but still.
It didn't seem like a life or death situation, to begin with. You almost wonder WHY they were fighting him, when in the original you were forced to in order to escape. Given the preview, Merak will apparently be longer, and therefore, harder, in the next ep, at least --

Luckily, the next fights were better, so I just hope that they will continue like that later.

About Byakko,

Yeah, I want to read it since a while but I cannot find the time to -- I hope that Hibiki will have a VERY hard time later. It'll be a good way to introduce demoniac fusion and the auction, which should happen since they already started with Daichi.

Well, Io should be fine, they'll probably
willardhwrightApr 21, 2013 3:07 AM
Apr 21, 2013 5:51 AM

Jul 2008
This episode positively suprised me. Although I'm still annoyed by Hibiki pretending he has a special power and him having Baihu, this episode gave me a little hope. I was actually hoping for Keita's Dead Face to come true, just for the animation team to show that they have the guts needed to make this a mediocre adaption instead of a bad one. Characters being able to die at certain points is part of the game, and I really didn't expect the anime to have the guts to do the same but it proved me wrong and I'm happy it did.

The pace this episode was also pretty good, especially with episode 4 being another 2nd day episode. Now I'm just hoping they continue with this pace without trying to finish it up in 13 episodes. Even a completely open ending would be just fine if this pace is kept IMO. Even without a sequel, the ending isn't adaptable anyway and you should just play the game to find out, period.

Apr 21, 2013 7:19 AM

Aug 2011
Now that was a badass episode. Enjoyed it very much compared to what's shown so far. Looks like it's picking up the pace and is becoming more intense every week.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

259 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 12:07 PM

» Time Loop Theory (Game Spoilers)

Kaiser-chan - Jun 4, 2013

3 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

180 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

184 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

134 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.