Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2013 4:52 AM

Apr 2013
Hyack said:

*nosebleed and falls over*

...WAIT I LIKE GIRLS WTF @_@
Apr 20, 2013 5:21 AM

Apr 2013
OMG this just too good thank you anime god easily one of the best romcom I have watched in a while I love the MC and I like every character in the show and I don't even mind if the romance doesn't kick in it is that good <3.
5/5 .
Apr 20, 2013 5:45 AM

Aug 2011
LCSeixas said:
I think I'll end up dropping Yahari after a few weeks. Everything about this show is just sad. Not even the comedy elements (like Hiki's flashbacks, that I find particularly hilarious) can save it.

It can easily be compared to a bad version of Haganai, except they genderbended Yozora and made her the MC (Hikigayozora, the fucking antisocial bastard, hates everyone for no apparent reason).

That Hayato guy, that poor Hayato guy. He did nothing wrong from the start and Hiki hated him. He was actually trying to calm that blonde bitch down, then Hiki started to thrash him up for being popular. Classical Schyozora.

And those two girls, Yukino 'n Yui. Yui is just lesbian for Yukino. They end up both tossing Hiki aside (you can guess why), which just depresses me.

I just don't know. Maybe Gin Chuunibyou Hirano Kohta will keep me interested. I'm on the verge of dropping this. It's just not worth it. Those two first episodes were kinda interesting, but everything is just too sad (bad memories from early middle school, for me).
To be fair, the other guys (Hayato's gang) had no permission to use the courts, which Hachiman made clear, but they still didn't leave. And Hachiman clearly admitted that someone like Hayato was a good guy unlike Yozora, who would only see them as 'bitches'.

This show really seems to be one of those 'love it or hate it' kind of shows, so I guess it's just not for you.
Apr 20, 2013 6:15 AM
Jun 2009
Yukino is cool.
Saika is cute.
But the real star is
Hikki Hachiman.

And of course, it's funny that people compare this show to Haganai. That Hayato is annoying, trying to be cool and good while he's basically taking away Saiga's tennis practicing place? What a hypocrite...exactly the kind of people I hate most. Dont compare Hikki to Yozora.
soluuloiApr 20, 2013 7:03 AM
Apr 20, 2013 6:45 AM

Jun 2010
BEST EPISODE SO FAR!

I enjoyed this episode better than the past two.

Hikki and Yukino are the BAWS!

Damn, I don't know if that Hayato thingy is actually a bad guy but Hikki just owned himself in front of him! Wait, does that make sense?

Anyways, Yukino, Yui and Hikki's character are improving. And we had some Yukino x Hikki development which is awesome.

That Yukino and Yu's fanservice at the end <3

5/5 episode. This episode actually raised up the series score for me.

LCSeixas said:
I think I'll end up dropping Yahari after a few weeks. Everything about this show is just sad. Not even the comedy elements (like Hiki's flashbacks, that I find particularly hilarious) can save it.

It can easily be compared to a bad version of Haganai, except they genderbended Yozora and made her the MC (Hikigayozora, the fucking antisocial bastard, hates everyone for no apparent reason).

That Hayato guy, that poor Hayato guy. He did nothing wrong from the start and Hiki hated him. He was actually trying to calm that blonde bitch down, then Hiki started to thrash him up for being popular. Classical Schyozora.

And those two girls, Yukino 'n Yui. Yui is just lesbian for Yukino. They end up both tossing Hiki aside (you can guess why), which just depresses me.

I just don't know. Maybe Gin Chuunibyou Hirano Kohta will keep me interested. I'm on the verge of dropping this. It's just not worth it. Those two first episodes were kinda interesting, but everything is just too sad (bad memories from early middle school, for me).

Please. I am begging you. Don't ever compare them again. Yozora is just a self-cented bitch who thinks she's in the top of the society. She thinks so highly of himself and talk trash to every popular person she see. Hikki is the opposite.

Btw you hate every character except that Chuunibyou guy? That's just weird and sad.
-MgZ_Apr 20, 2013 6:51 AM
Apr 20, 2013 7:25 AM

Apr 2013
Seriously,where are your brains when you make such superficial comparisons?
FluffyFleshApr 20, 2013 7:45 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 20, 2013 7:27 AM

Apr 2013
Please don't turn this into a hanagi thread.
Apr 20, 2013 7:27 AM

Nov 2009
Great Episode with the Tennis Scene.

I enjoyed Hikki's constant thought to himself and loved that last scene to end it. Looking forward to see the Imouto next episode!!!

5/5

Apr 20, 2013 7:32 AM

Jun 2011
I'm usually a fan of somewhat dark characters who tend to be loners, but Hachiman is just straight up depressing, even by my standards. I don't expect him to be cheerful or energetic in any way, but it's just hard to look past his self-depreciating attitude.

I also feel sorry for Hayato, especially since he's one of those sincerely nice guys who don't have the honor of being the protagonist. With regards to Hachiman's comment towards him about 'having everything', I couldn't help but think back to Yukino's comment about how nobody ever tried to surpass her; behind a lot of supposed 'geniuses', there's a lot of hard work that nobody ever sees.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Apr 20, 2013 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
Genomax said:
I'm usually a fan of somewhat dark characters who tend to be loners, but Hachiman is just straight up depressing, even by my standards. I don't expect him to be cheerful or energetic in any way, but it's just hard to look past his self-depreciating attitude.

You have H2O and Myself ;yourself in your favorites and you think Hikki is depressing kinda weird.
I don't find him depressing at all I like him and I want more characters like him in RomCom he is just not generic I think he offers more with his cynical and loner attitude than those dense generic RomCom MC's.
Genomax said:
I also feel sorry for Hayato, especially since he's one of those sincerely nice guys who don't have the honor of being the protagonist. With regards to Hachiman's comment towards him about 'having everything', I couldn't help but think back to Yukino's comment about how nobody ever tried to surpass her; behind a lot of supposed 'geniuses', there's a lot of hard work that nobody ever sees.

Well it is only the third episode so who knows maybe Hayato isn't who seems to be and I think it is quite odd that he is with the blonde there is probably more to it I hope .
Apr 20, 2013 8:01 AM

Jun 2011
You have H2O and Myself ;yourself in your favorites and you think Hikki is depressing kinda weird.
I don't find him depressing at all I like him and I want more characters like him in RomCom he is just not generic I think he offers more with his cynical and loner attitude than those dense generic RomCom MC's.

Like I said, I do enjoy somewhat depressing situations, but only when it's running in the background, and not when the protagonist outright denounces cheerfulness of any sort. I agree that he's not generic, but I do get somewhat irritated at the way he just goes on and on about it.

Eh, I'm not really making my case very well, and it's kind of hard to explain. If you want an example of how I feel this kind of character should be done, I'd say Oreki Houtarou is a great example - he's unmotivated, cynical and calm, but in a way that's very much likable.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Apr 20, 2013 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
Genomax said:

Like I said, I do enjoy somewhat depressing situations, but only when it's running in the background, and not when the protagonist outright denounces cheerfulness of any sort. I agree that he's not generic, but I do get somewhat irritated at the way he just goes on and on about it.

Eh, I'm not really making my case very well, and it's kind of hard to explain. If you want an example of how I feel this kind of character should be done, I'd say Oreki Houtarou is a great example - he's unmotivated, cynical and calm, but in a way that's very much likable.

But Oreki is not a loner he has friends Hikki not having friends is part of his personality I don't find him depressing because he is cynical about the fact that he doesn't have friends.It would have been depressing if he was the type that constantly weeps and cry about his situation and issues .I personally enjoy his humor.
Apr 20, 2013 8:25 AM
Mar 2012
Oh well, I'm staying for the cookies. I hope they taste good.
Apr 20, 2013 10:32 AM

Jan 2013
I... I actually wouldn't mind if the show went to "that" direction with Saika
Apr 20, 2013 10:42 AM

Feb 2012
Dat trap.

Please tell me he/she is like Yukimura from Haganai. It will put my mind at ease.
Apr 20, 2013 10:48 AM
Aug 2012
Genomax said:

If Hayato is a nice guy then why is he acting like a lapdog for the bitch??? He always try to please her and protects her whenever she is in trouble. He should be trying to change her ways instead. Personally i think he is one of the guys who pretend to be nice but has a different face altogether and in this episode they are clearly in the wrong. Try to think about it.

Well Hachiman and Yukino are awesome characters. But real heroes are shunned most of the time so it's depressing. And yeah, Hachiman is strong. To throw away your pride for the sake of others isn't something everyone can do. Those 2 shots were amazing but sadly the pretty boy and the bitch stole all the show. But we got some fan service in the end. Btw another Hideyoshi!!! They really like to toy with us don't they?

Apr 20, 2013 10:55 AM

Apr 2011
Nope, he is like Hideoshi from Bakatest:P

soluuloi said:
Yukino is cool.
Saika is cute.
But the real star is
Hikki Hachiman.

And of course, it's funny that people compare this show to Haganai. That Hayato is annoying, trying to be cool and good while he's basically taking away Saiga's tennis practicing place? What a hypocrite...exactly the kind of people I hate most. Dont compare Hikki to Yozora.

To be fair to him, he were planing let Saika train with them if they win anyway. I can see where Hikki comes from, but Hayato, if nothing else, trying to be nice guy here.
Apr 20, 2013 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Rating lowered because of the lack of originality shown so far and for the designs really ugly! Because only the key visuals were so cute? Only good thing that the protagonist comes out of the box, the rest all seem recycled from other anime characters, both temperamentally that in the section of the drawing, see the stars and extras appears so far, we just missed the shota! Even the animations make it scream for their grandeur! : P
Apr 20, 2013 11:19 AM

Apr 2013
terrablu2003 said:
3/5

Rating lowered because of the lack of originality shown so far and for the designs really ugly! Because only the key visuals were so cute? Only good thing that the protagonist comes out of the box, the rest all seem recycled from other anime characters, both temperamentally that in the section of the drawing, see the stars and extras appears so far, we just missed the shota! Even the animations make it scream for their grandeur! : P

What ugly designs are you talking about? how is the main heroine recycled ?
Apr 20, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2011
Now he will said that Yuki is recycled Yozora. Be prepared for that...
Apr 20, 2013 11:28 AM

Feb 2008
Ray_Light said:

ryshin said:
haha thats boy really cute... love it.

As long it's cute it doesn't matter if it's boy/girl :D

Well said. ;D

I'll be waiting for the doujins, Sai-chan!

Apr 20, 2013 12:06 PM

Dec 2012
series' best girl...

Apr 20, 2013 2:44 PM
Mar 2009
>Looks like girl
>Sounds like a dude

Freaking trap in this anime? Lawl, what's with those backdrops and effects. It's so confusing and conflicting.

Geezus, Hiki is so self-deprecating it's so depressing.

And I wonder what happened during the entrance ceremony. Seems like that's the reason for Yui being all flustered and whatnot when speaking to Hiki is connected to that incident.

Hayato is actually a nice guy. Wonder if he might just be the first guy Hiki becomes friends with.
Apr 20, 2013 2:53 PM

Apr 2013
Tenzen12 said:
Now he will said that Yuki is recycled Yozora. Be prepared for that...

Please dont bring that name up.All the haters will come here......it's like torture to me to see "dense" people judging superficially something they dont understand or dont want to understand.
The base is always the same in an anime the plot and events are different.Yukino and Hikki are the same,both are loners,the only difference is that Hikki is proud of it and Yukino isnt quite proud of it but she understands him quite well.
You can see how she almost said "friend" right away she was threated with love from Yui.She was moved.A real loner acts like Hikki,he is cold all the time and even he is moved he can still hide it.
Yukino is a loner because of her appearences,she's "kawaii" and seen as a threat by other girls,and now that Yui is befriending her and she'll,eventually along the serie,admit that Yui is her friend.
Hikki,as you can see,isnt,atleast at this point of the story,interested in having friends and he still avoid them.He is a tougher shell to crack,and the only way to crack a shell of a boy like Hikki it isnt by friendships way but loves way.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 20, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
Lol dat trap. Not a bad episode even though the MC is depressed all the time.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 20, 2013 5:05 PM

Jul 2009
needed stronger fanservice at the end. dose not high enough
Apr 20, 2013 5:13 PM
Apr 2013
The Awkward Moment When There A Boy Who Look As Cute As a Girl
Apr 20, 2013 6:02 PM

Dec 2011
The tennis showdown was pretty entertaining.
Apr 20, 2013 6:39 PM

Oct 2008
I have something for tall, long-haired, slightly introverted girls. When they smile, it's like everything just got a little bit brighter.

<----- (Homura is the perfect example)

Yukinon is awesome. Period.

Kurogashi said:

Hopefully, they don't go any further. It was just the right amount I think. Any more and it gets marks deducted from me at least.
OmniknightApr 20, 2013 6:42 PM
Apr 20, 2013 8:27 PM

Aug 2010
The tennis match was pretty exciting.

Yukino was awesome once again.
Apr 20, 2013 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
loved it
ahaha MC was about to be in love with Sai
Apr 21, 2013 12:09 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode and that fan service at the end ^^
Apr 21, 2013 12:22 AM

Feb 2013
Liked the episode, especially the tennis match and when Hikigaya thought Yuigahama's punishment for losing the game was talking to him. And even when Hikigaya wins the tennis match no1 cares lol then he gets hit in the face because the girls have no where better to change than their club room where they know he will return to.
[/url]
Apr 21, 2013 4:03 AM

Aug 2011
Loved this one! It felt so good when they were beating the popular team. Glad they won in the end. Love the new character too.
Apr 21, 2013 4:34 AM

Feb 2012
Enjoyed this episode.
I'm liking Hachiman more now. His inner thoughts are always interesting~
Apr 21, 2013 6:12 AM

Nov 2012
Anybody know how many eps this will go for?

Apr 21, 2013 7:21 AM

Apr 2013
My guess is the clasical 12 or 13 episodes a season.
Apr 21, 2013 8:00 AM

Aug 2009
It's like a less funny version of Sket Dance.. But with less screaming - thankfully.
Apr 21, 2013 11:28 AM

Apr 2011
Hachiman is like a boy version of me, no kidding....

LOL! I thought Totsuka is a girl when I first saw her! hahaha...

Apr 21, 2013 2:13 PM

Oct 2007
Best episode yet.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 21, 2013 3:56 PM

Sep 2012
I really like how this show is making fun of cliches.

Like how she said that she wasn't just suddenly automatically part of the club. LOL

And the last scene with him getting hit, as always, pissed me the fuck off. But at least they made the joke about the cliche, and not in the situation itself. That was a bit more tasteful.

I love Hachiman so far! I usually hate these pathetic type characters who have no self worth, but he is just too good for me to dislike him. He's kind of like Kaoru from Nana to Kaoru, as well as a little bit like Kurosawa from OMK. Just the whole cynicism and subtle depression. I love it. Can't wait till he starts coming out of his shell.

And Yukino is pleasantly surprising me. I was expecting the stereotypical Hitagi self-rightous bitch character. And she kind of is that to an extent, but she's just more likable. And she seems somewhat honest with herself. I like that a lot. And while she is condescending toward Hachiman, it's not as aggravating as it usually would be for some reason.

Ok trap character. Meh, whatever. I hope he doesn't go full trap, and like cross dresses. That always creeps me out.

I like the popular characters, and I'm glad that (besides the girl) they aren't depicted as asshole jerks for no reason. Hopefully some major character development results from them.

XTR17 said:
Only disappointing part of the episode. And I mean that it was disappointing that it was there in the first place, not that there wasn't enough of it.

Kurogashi said:
Get out.
Apr 21, 2013 4:00 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode

my reaction when

Apr 21, 2013 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
This is really becoming a lot more watchable than I first imagined it being.
Apr 21, 2013 8:57 PM

May 2012
Why did I know he was a trap as soon as I saw him?
Apr 21, 2013 9:41 PM

Feb 2010
Red_Keys said:

XTR17 said:
Only disappointing part of the episode. And I mean that it was disappointing that it was there in the first place, not that there wasn't enough of it.

Kurogashi said:
Get out.

Seriously... those people...
Apr 21, 2013 10:22 PM

Apr 2013
Some people are too fastidious......
What to ruin,the episode?
Be serious,I wouldnt call that fanservice.If you do then you havent seen enough RomCom.
Fanservice is what To Love Ru is doing.This?This is just a cliche where the MC enters the room in the wrong moment.There were no naked bodies,no boobs,no sexual appeal....

Anyway...I said it many times.The difference between Yukino and Hikki is that Hikki is proud of being that way while Yukino is that way because none managed to see her through her looks,she didnt met someone who is friendly towards her.
FluffyFleshApr 21, 2013 10:36 PM
Apr 22, 2013 3:11 AM
May 2012
Can anyone help me with Zaimokuza's 3 Kanji phrases on the name of the tennis skill? I can hardly recognize them :(
Apr 22, 2013 3:51 AM
Aug 2012
Uncle_Li said:
Can anyone help me with Zaimokuza's 3 Kanji phrases on the name of the tennis skill? I can hardly recognize them :(

1. 魔球 豊穣なる幻の大地 岩砂閃波 (Blasty sandrock)
2. 風を継ぐ者 風精悪戯 (Eulen Sylphide)
3. 空駆し破壊神 隕鉄滅殺 (Meteor strike)
Apr 22, 2013 4:26 AM
May 2012
moyang said:

1. 魔球 豊穣なる幻の大地 岩砂閃波 (Blasty sandrock)
2. 風を継ぐ者 風精悪戯 (Eulen Sylphide)
3. 空駆し破壊神 隕鉄滅殺 (Meteor strike)

Thank you so much >:D<
Apr 22, 2013 7:49 AM

Sep 2010
i just hope yumiko is part of the harem but either way is fine.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.