Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Apr 22, 2013 3:22 PM

Jan 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
VioLink said:
symbv said:
VioLink said:
Antanaru said:
symbv said:
Antanaru said:
Translation might be wrong but it's still pretty much the same retarded reasoning.
Perhaps because you are using some retarded reasoning to think about it?
Do you expect some kind of reply to that? Not much of a discussion starter.
I'm surprised a mod would reply like that, sounded more like a typical troll response.
How intelligent I made my reply depends on how intelligent the post was. If it is just a curt one line statement with strongly negative words like "retarded" "shit" "garbage" without any decent backing argument or explanation, then it cannot expect a reply that is of much higher intelligence level than that post. You reap what you sow. Simple as that.

And thanks to Kaioshin_Sama for writing the post to speak for me. Really appreciate it.

Usually mods uphold a level of maturity refraining from sinking so low as to attack someone's mindset, which is really just him expressing his negative opinion of a anime(not an actual person). Ive been here for about 2 years now and Ive never seen a mod get so visibly upset while defending a anime.

Seriously it doesn't really matter how many years you have been here. Have you even checked the threads? Most of hateful comments are dumb one-liners like..........

-Predictable, cliche
-Weak mc with some bs reasoning
-I am gonna drop the show after 1 more episode etc etc

Yeah they are full of stupid comments and hate like that in every single episode discussion. Completely destroys the purpose of discussion board and ignites flame wars.

Exactly! We users are the ones who shit fling, its always been that way. Mods usually break up the fray not join in on it.
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Now check the posts symbv made. He gave some good predictions, news and other information. On top of that he is countering these idiots with logic not bashing them without reason. I rather find your problem with him quite pathetic. He isn't saying anything to you pal, why are you so mad? Could you be one of those dumb haters who does nothing but post one-liner hate comment?

The admin is doing the right job.If you have so much problem try to counter him with logic rather than this pathetic emotional nonsense.

He got frustrated and took it out on a user and I pointed it out. I don't think this warrants a
"u mad lol" response.

Here are my comments:
ep 1

ep 2

Do I look like a hater to you?

I am enjoying this show a lot, my views of the show have nothing to do with my disappointment in symbv.
VioLinkApr 22, 2013 3:30 PM
[center]
Apr 22, 2013 5:57 PM

Sep 2011
DannySEN said:
Trans-Am..

Zeta and Shining Gundam says hi
Brigs77Apr 22, 2013 6:04 PM
Apr 22, 2013 9:21 PM

Sep 2012
VioLink said:
Usually mods uphold a level of maturity refraining from sinking so low as to attack someone's mindset, which is really just him expressing his negative opinion of a anime(not an actual person). Ive been here for about 2 years now and Ive never seen a mod get so visibly upset while defending a anime.
Well, is using "retarded" just a negative opinion of an anime and not an actual person? At the very least, when he said "retarded" he was referring to some "retarded" reasoning behind a writer's writing, no? Then if he thinks that the reasoning of the writer is "retarded" and that is just an "opinion", then he (or anybody) should not be offended if someone calls his reasoning to be "retarded". Why is his use of "retarded" is just an opinion, and my use of "retarded" is "sinking so low as to attack someone's mindset"? I did not say he is retarded, or his mindset is retarded. I said his reasoning behind his saying "retarded" could be "retarded", which runs on a similar line of his expression of his "opinion" about the reasoning used by the writer of the anime. So my point is: If you can accept people saying the writing is "retarded" and taking this as an "opinion", you should also accept people saying such analysis and reasoning is "retarded" and also take this as an "opinion".

As for mods, I am just a news mods without any authority to ban people or remove/edit posts of other users. All I do is to dig up Japanese news about anime/manga, translate it and share it with the community of this forum. Just to clarify.
symbvApr 22, 2013 9:29 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 22, 2013 11:25 PM

Jan 2011
symbv said:
VioLink said:
Well, is using "retarded" just a negative opinion of an anime and not an actual person? At the very least, when he said "retarded" he was referring to some "retarded" reasoning behind a writer's writing, no? Then if he thinks that the reasoning of the writer is "retarded" and that is just an "opinion", then he (or anybody) should not be offended if someone calls his reasoning to be "retarded". Why is his use of "retarded" is just an opinion, and my use of "retarded" is "sinking so low as to attack someone's mindset"? I did not say he is retarded, or his mindset is retarded. I said his reasoning behind his saying "retarded" could be "retarded", which runs on a similar line of his expression of his "opinion" about the reasoning used by the writer of the anime. So my point is: If you can accept people saying the writing is "retarded" and taking this as an "opinion", you should also accept people saying such analysis and reasoning is "retarded" and also take this as an "opinion".

True. I am being more lenient to Antanaru's comment, but that is because I highly doubt that the writer of this anime will ever see that comment. So I feel that there is no need to throw around words like "retarded" in his defense. Of course I have no way of knowing that he isn't here for sure, hell you could be him in disguise which would explain why you are so adamant about defending this show. I can however see Antanaru's reply to your comment and agree with it since I know he is here, and I know how it made him feel.
symbv said:
As for mods, I am just a news mods without any authority to ban people or remove/edit posts of other users. All I do is to dig up Japanese news about anime/manga, translate it and share it with the community of this forum. Just to clarify.

My mistake then.
VioLinkApr 22, 2013 11:35 PM
[center]
Apr 23, 2013 5:02 PM

Oct 2007
VioLink said:
symbv said:
VioLink said:
Antanaru said:
symbv said:
Antanaru said:
Translation might be wrong but it's still pretty much the same retarded reasoning.
Perhaps because you are using some retarded reasoning to think about it?
Do you expect some kind of reply to that? Not much of a discussion starter.
I'm surprised a mod would reply like that, sounded more like a typical troll response.
How intelligent I made my reply depends on how intelligent the post was. If it is just a curt one line statement with strongly negative words like "retarded" "shit" "garbage" without any decent backing argument or explanation, then it cannot expect a reply that is of much higher intelligence level than that post. You reap what you sow. Simple as that.

And thanks to Kaioshin_Sama for writing the post to speak for me. Really appreciate it.

Really cause I've seen mods flat out just join in with trolling here plenty of times and make me question what they're even doing with that title. What symbv expressed was a pretty tame level of frustration I think.

Anyway I rewatched the first two episodes with a friend earlier today and he really loved it saying it was the first anime he'd seen in a while that really hooked him right away. He said he was glad that he had a show he could just kick back to and watch all the action unfold and see where it takes him, expressing specific hope that it would be a successor to Code Geass which he greatly enjoyed. He specifically liked Haruto and Shoko in the opening two episodes as well as the mecha combat. Anyway just thought I'd share that perspective from somebody who watches anime largely outside of the whole forum circle drama.

@violink and Dragon Slayer X: It's specifically the one liners and generic memetic criticisms your likely to see posted as a sarcastic reply on 4chan that I get tired of seeing with week to week sci-fi action shows and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for symbv. I use the term week to week to describe shows like Valvrave which have a more sort of free flowing storytelling style that don't play all of their cards straight up and tend to flat out ignore the fact that they're being told in 30 minute installments. These shows admittedly ask a lot more of their viewers than your average LN adaptation for example where usually events wrap up deliberately within the span of one or two episodes as opposed to continuing along sometimes for seasons at a time before reaching a resolution or as some people seem to refer to it now, "getting on the train". Either you buy into or you don't IMO and I think the whole "enjoying it as a trainwreck" thing just looks like people being dishonest with themselves.

However I really don't think it's fair to be flat out declaring very much open plot points "bad writing" before even getting a chance to see how they develop and such complaints are hard to take seriously or really to debate with people without looking like nobody involved has any idea what they are talking about. I think calling the show a little silly is fair, maybe even describing things like Shoko's survival as fast and loose or far fetched, but the immediate up front and strong feelings some have towards the first two episodes just seem premature and really aren't contributing much to the conversation. Again it's hard not to feel like some people are following a script and buying into this whole, "it's a trainwreck and can only be enjoyed ironically" and I doubt that it'll get all that far with anyone else but like minded people at this stage.
Apr 23, 2013 6:17 PM

Oct 2008
Shouko is the only positive aspect of this anime.

That's how poor the action/story/rest of the cast are.
Please try and explain:
- Elf realizes Haru has caused him to be labelled as a traitor and then proceeds to help him...
- Elf has no qualms about killing everyone before, but decides it best to hold the girl hostage, point the gun at Haru and just stand there instead of kill/incapacitate them and take control of the situation
- Haru, who has a gun pointed at his head, decides to take the call from his girlfriend as if he wasn't in danger.
- Haru, without any personal input, is able to fly and wreck the enemy army while he is animated as wildly flailing around.
- Enemy army, whose main goal is to secure the Valvavre and were able to completely destroy the JIOR army, allow 2 students armed with 1 handgun to capture the mech...

That's just the icing on the cake for what doesn't any sense at all.
Doesn't help that those white enemy mechs look so stupid.
Also doesn't help the main male lead has less personality than moss on a rock and the enemies are all stereotypes with no unique personalities... (dude with glasses, dude that wants to kill others, dude that just calls the name of one of the main characters over and over and over and over again...)
Kind of makes Guilty Crown look like Shakespeare...

Dropped... I have Gargantia to fulfill my mecha itch.
OmniknightApr 23, 2013 6:23 PM
Apr 23, 2013 10:27 PM

Jan 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Eh, maybe if this was Shingeki no kyojin or Railgun S I would care more.
Omniknight said:
dude that just calls the name of one of the main characters over and over and over and over again..

It's hilarious though http://vocaroo.com/i/s1phLyVBCqwp
[center]
Apr 24, 2013 1:33 AM

Jul 2010
The only complain I have is the big Shouko troll. Otherwise, the show is really good; wait & see.
Apr 24, 2013 1:46 AM

Aug 2008
It's quite interesting to see people talk about space-Nazis instead of space-Germans.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 24, 2013 5:57 AM
May 2012
Oh great, A-drei is pulling off Lelouch despite he's screaming 'L-Elf'!
Apr 24, 2013 6:53 AM

Mar 2012
tezann_t said:
This show is too Sunrise...what are they doing.

A mobile suit with inexplicably strong specs
A main with self-loathing tendencies
A main with a God-amazing talent to pilot a mobile suit
An archrival who does nothing other than scream the name of the guy he hates
Characters who never die
...and it can still go on.

The thing that puzzles me still is how Valvrave works and how they're feeding us all these incredible things it's capable of. So after it over-heats it gets to use an overdrive move?...And how does Haruto even know to stab into Valvrave?

What's really frustrating is that they could've just called this Gundam ___ and it would've almost fit right in. Just great. And the ED quality is far off the OP quality.

I'm glad someone shares the same ideas.

I was watching this with my little bro and I was facepalming and sighing a lot throughout the show. The main character is unbelievably irritating.

The mechanics of how the mecha works is so impractical. Haruto's overly dramatized moment of piloting Valvralve is awful doesn't win any sympathies from me. And man that Yes or No prompt in front of him that time was goddamn obvious, all those switch-flicking, key-smashing was bullshit. And yes how he maneuvers it well while being inexperienced annoys me the most. He had no prior training and no merit whatsoever to perform such maneuvers with Valvralve. And Haruto's character inconsistency, they may possibly be trying stray away from character archetypes in a way but it wasn't nice. It feels like a combination of Eren, Yukiteru and some other cheesy guy from a shoujo manga.

I'm really disappointed it looked like it was gonna be great but it wasn't. Well I really like the animation and the characters' eyes are fantastic. I'll still be watching it, in hopes that it gets better.
Apr 24, 2013 10:24 AM

Nov 2009
Interesting episode!!!

Loved the mecha designs of these robots in this episode and the plot seems to be pretty interesting. Kind of reminds me of Crysis 3 with the nano technology concept. Shoko is still alive and well and some character development which still to be revealed.

Looking forward to next episode!!

5/5

Apr 24, 2013 10:06 PM

Feb 2013
Restart-kun said:
tezann_t said:
This show is too Sunrise...what are they doing.

A mobile suit with inexplicably strong specs
A main with self-loathing tendencies
A main with a God-amazing talent to pilot a mobile suit
An archrival who does nothing other than scream the name of the guy he hates
Characters who never die
...and it can still go on.

The thing that puzzles me still is how Valvrave works and how they're feeding us all these incredible things it's capable of. So after it over-heats it gets to use an overdrive move?...And how does Haruto even know to stab into Valvrave?

What's really frustrating is that they could've just called this Gundam ___ and it would've almost fit right in. Just great. And the ED quality is far off the OP quality.

I'm glad someone shares the same ideas.

I was watching this with my little bro and I was facepalming and sighing a lot throughout the show. The main character is unbelievably irritating.

The mechanics of how the mecha works is so impractical. Haruto's overly dramatized moment of piloting Valvralve is awful doesn't win any sympathies from me. And man that Yes or No prompt in front of him that time was goddamn obvious, all those switch-flicking, key-smashing was bullshit. And yes how he maneuvers it well while being inexperienced annoys me the most. He had no prior training and no merit whatsoever to perform such maneuvers with Valvralve. And Haruto's character inconsistency, they may possibly be trying stray away from character archetypes in a way but it wasn't nice. It feels like a combination of Eren, Yukiteru and some other cheesy guy from a shoujo manga.

I'm really disappointed it looked like it was gonna be great but it wasn't. Well I really like the animation and the characters' eyes are fantastic. I'll still be watching it, in hopes that it gets better.

Hypothetically speaking, a war was shoved onto your face from nowhere, you just broke your arm from an explosion, your girlfriend just died instantaneously, you are full of anger, grief and a torrent of emotions, your heart beat is running berserk and you are breathing erratically from the adrenaline and exertion from running and climbing.
Now, you are in a cockpit of a god knows what weapon of mass destruction, faced with a mess load of controls. To top it off, a giant robot is smashing on your door, throwing you around the cockpit, accumulating more bruises. Now, how much different from haruto will you be acting I wonder. I don’t know about you, but I would be confused and wondering why is it asking me to give up my humanity. you are a machine right? stop throwing me stupid questions and move already!

Haruto changing a lot just shows how adaptive he is. "Humans don't change because they want to. It's because they have to." Is it your judgement that those heroes that kill and go to great lengths to save others aren't human? Because they certainly are and experiences emotions just like we do.
Apr 25, 2013 3:02 AM
Mar 2008
Obnoxious self loathing constantly talking-to-himself, screaming MAIN

Dropped after Episode 2. Spring Season 2013 not having any decent stuff again it seems, with few exceptions...

I would watch it were not for this absolutely annoying brain-hurting main.
Apr 25, 2013 4:28 AM

Feb 2013
Go10 said:
The only complain I have is the big Shouko troll. Otherwise, the show is really good; wait & see.

I still don't know what to think about it, but I like the voice acting for the character so I'm kinda ok with it... And anyway Shouko had too much air time in first ep. to be gone for good. Maybe she'll go emo, after those last line is this ep.
AsciusApr 25, 2013 4:32 AM
Apr 25, 2013 6:31 AM

Feb 2013
eRe4s3r said:
Obnoxious self loathing constantly talking-to-himself, screaming MAIN

Dropped after Episode 2. Spring Season 2013 not having any decent stuff again it seems, with few exceptions...

I would watch it were not for this absolutely annoying brain-hurting main.

Such a shame, you'll be missing out on so much....
Apr 25, 2013 7:01 AM

Dec 2008
Aside from the obvious many reasons as to why this show sucks so far, something that really bothered me in this episode was the self-loathing towards the end. One second Haruto's saying how people die in wars and that's just how life is and everything's fine. The next second he's calling himself a monster and throwing away the romance he was fighting for because he deems himself unworthy. Honestly, how badly are they going to justify all this drama they're throwing in the show? I'd drop this if not for the fact that I want to judge things adequately later on.
Apr 25, 2013 7:11 AM

Feb 2013
kitaiii said:
Aside from the obvious many reasons as to why this show sucks so far, something that really bothered me in this episode was the self-loathing towards the end. One second Haruto's saying how people die in wars and that's just how life is and everything's fine. The next second he's calling himself a monster and throwing away the romance he was fighting for because he deems himself unworthy. Honestly, how badly are they going to justify all this drama they're throwing in the show? I'd drop this if not for the fact that I want to judge things adequately later on.

symbv said:

Actually is it how the English subtitles translated his words???? "MONSTERS DON'T HAVE FEELINGS"?!?!?

That is a bad bad bad translation!!!

What he actually said is "I have turned into this monster.... I don't have any right to confess my feeling to her any more."

The translation is totally off. No doubt you guys are right to laugh at that, but make sure when you laugh you are laughing at the subbers, not the anime and its writers!!i

FiveOVER said:

Too many events and changes happened to him in such a short time. Can you really blame him for not confessing when he became an immortal, body switching murderer

symbv said:
Perhaps because that route is the most sensible route if you think deeper about it? Before he and she were the same, classmates and human. Now the war has started, he has killed a bunch of people, is the only pilot that can possibly hold back the enemy, and most importantly he is no longer human. Can she take all these things in? He has not even confessed to her, much less going out with her for any period of time. Would telling her everything shock her too much? The thought of dating an immortal and having kids with him, with all the uncertainty and potential fear, may be too much to bear. Does he want to shock and hurt the person he loves so much? Would telling her he has no idea what's going to happen help besides adding burden to her? How much can she accept him at this very messed-up state in this very messed-up circumstances when he may just go out to fight the enemy and may never come back? Perhaps it is better to let the beautiful memory in the past stay without it being tainted by the absurdity and cruelty the present is imposing? I am sure it must be a painful decision for him but at least he has the courage of not dragging her into his cruel fate. I would say this is an act of ultimate love and kindness instead of lameness or insensitivity. The best solution wold be for him to find a way to get himself out of the conundrum of this immortal status, but then there is the war that requires him to stay at that status... And so we've got what we've got for this episode.
Apr 25, 2013 8:59 AM

Oct 2007
New episode today. What weird and random things will people find to bitch about now and how much fun will the people that are just watching the show without frothing at the mouth and looking for things to fit their "trainwreck" narrative have? Find out in a few hours in the new thread. :D

At this point I can safely say I think I've figured out the people that have any bloody idea what they are talking about on this board and those who don't, though it's really not that hard to figure out if I'm being frank considering how hyperbolic the ones that don't tend to get here.

Oh and both reviews up for this show are so terribly done (Why after 2 episodes and in media res anyway? Is that just the earliest possible time when MAL actually lets you submit one?) and all over the place with outright factually wrong information that I honestly can't help but laugh. What were those people thinking when they went to write those and will I ever find a review on MAL that I can actually click helpful on? Maybe some day.
PeacingOutApr 25, 2013 9:08 AM
Apr 25, 2013 9:51 AM

Jan 2011
y no streaming =/

me sad
Apr 25, 2013 10:00 AM

Sep 2011
Is this taking a break this week or just slow in coming out?
Apr 25, 2013 10:02 AM

Jan 2011
The episode just ended
Apr 25, 2013 1:51 PM

Dec 2008
FiveOVER said:
kitaiii said:

symbv said:

Actually is it how the English subtitles translated his words???? "MONSTERS DON'T HAVE FEELINGS"?!?!?

What he actually said is "I have turned into this monster.... I don't have any right to confess my feeling to her any more."

The translation is totally off. No doubt you guys are right to laugh at that, but make sure when you laugh you are laughing at the subbers, not the anime and its writers!!i

FiveOVER said:

Too many events and changes happened to him in such a short time. Can you really blame him for not confessing when he became an immortal, body switching murderer

symbv said:
Perhaps because that route is the most sensible route if you think deeper about it? Before he and she were the same, classmates and human. Now the war has started, he has killed a bunch of people, is the only pilot that can possibly hold back the enemy, and most importantly he is no longer human. Can she take all these things in? He has not even confessed to her, much less going out with her for any period of time. Would telling her everything shock her too much? The thought of dating an immortal and having kids with him, with all the uncertainty and potential fear, may be too much to bear. Does he want to shock and hurt the person he loves so much? Would telling her he has no idea what's going to happen help besides adding burden to her? How much can she accept him at this very messed-up state in this very messed-up circumstances when he may just go out to fight the enemy and may never come back? Perhaps it is better to let the beautiful memory in the past stay without it being tainted by the absurdity and cruelty the present is imposing? I am sure it must be a painful decision for him but at least he has the courage of not dragging her into his cruel fate. I would say this is an act of ultimate love and kindness instead of lameness or insensitivity. The best solution wold be for him to find a way to get himself out of the conundrum of this immortal status, but then there is the war that requires him to stay at that status... And so we've got what we've got for this episode.

What I criticized wasn't related at all with the possible mistranslation.
The problem wasn't that he changed fast, the problem is that he has no reasoning behind what he says besides the fact that he feels terrible about doing things he is unsure of.
His actions were like "Oh I don't know what happened to me back then, I just know that now I think exactly the opposite, so, screw everything!". IF he had been reflecting upon past events all the time, which doesn't appear to be the case since nothing of the sort was showed, you'd at least expect a gradual change of heart.
Apr 25, 2013 6:45 PM

Feb 2013
kitaiii said:

The problem wasn't that he changed fast, the problem is that he has no reasoning behind what he says besides the fact that he feels terrible about doing things he is unsure of.
His actions were like "Oh I don't know what happened to me back then, I just know that now I think exactly the opposite, so, screw everything!". IF he had been reflecting upon past events all the time, which doesn't appear to be the case since nothing of the sort was showed, you'd at least expect a gradual change of heart.

As a fellow human being and as someone who interacted with others, you should know how humans think or feel. Instead of stating my opinions, I'll just state the facts.

- Humans are affected by what others think of themselves. It varies from person to person and pose a varying degree of importance to them. This is shown through people who follows the crowd, those who are ashamed of their various habits and so on.

Despite what you or Haruto may think, others who don't know haruto that well will definitely regard him as a monster. Imagine now where a considerable portion humanity actually discriminates against fellow human beings not of their races, knowing that haruto is immortal and has the power to switch body at will will definitely cause alienation or even outright abuse.

What would Shoko think of him? This would definitely Haruto's biggest worry and contributes to his emotional outbreak.

At an age where what others think of you is of paramount importance, I can totally see Haruto acting that way. The fact that he might not be able to handle the burden of being singled out doesn't help too.

- Humans are creatures that oppose change.

Despite what you say about Haruto's actions, have you actually tried putting yourself in his shoes? He underwent so much change in the span of just two days both physically and emotionally. He changed from a normal high school boy to a pilot of a giant robot. He changed from a human being to someone who can survive a stab to the heart. He suddenly have the ability to switch bodies at will. He started killing people. He suddenly have to fight off intruders of his colony. And all this happened in the span of two days. As a normal high school boy, I truly doubt he can assess his situation logically and arrive at a logical conclusion. As a human being he has already arrived at his capacity limit and he no longer knew himself like he did before all these events. Can you really blame him for acting that way?

- Morality is instilled in humans. Humans who broke their own principle and did what they think is bad and immoral will feel guilty and self-loathe.

And Haruto is no different. To many people, killing is wrong and Haruto clearly think that too. The fact that Haruto killed those people out of REVENGE doesn't help either. He broke his principles, he did what he thinks is wrong, he knows he did it out of revenge. Naturally, he hates himself now. Remember, Haruto is a high school boy. Killing is a BIG deal for him.

- Humans are beings that act based on emotions, not logic.

If Haruto would sit down, think about it calmly and logically, he would indeed come to the conclusion that he is a human and that he has nothing nothing to be ashamed of.

However, you must understand the situation Haruto is in. I can't even imagine the amount running through Haruto at that moment when he said those words. He's feeling relieved that shoko is alive, he's feeling horror from what he has done to L-11 and the people he killed, he's feeling by the amount of changes that happened, he's worried about what others might think of him, HE's confused about what happened to him and those around him, he's uncertain of his future having obtained these new powers, he's angry at himself for doing all of that, he's upset that he is no longer what he thinks he is, he's confused over his own identity.

Under that torrent of emotions, can you really expect Haruto to think logically about his situation?

If after presented with so many reasons on why Haruto acted that way and you're still unconvinced. That just means your mind is already made up and nothing i say will ever change your perspective.
Apr 25, 2013 8:23 PM

Feb 2013
I received personal attacks on my profile (deleted out of disgust) simply for posting a positive review on this show. Is it really that wrong to state my opinions regarding this show in an organized and concise manner? I even elaborated on my points in a detailed way. Is it that fun to hate on something?

I've never find fun in hating something and probably never will.
Apr 25, 2013 8:38 PM

Dec 2008
FiveOVER said:
kitaiii said:

As a fellow human being and as someone who interacted with others, you should know how humans think or feel. Instead of stating my opinions, I'll just state the facts.

- Humans are affected by what others think of themselves. It varies from person to person and pose a varying degree of importance to them. This is shown through people who follows the crowd, those who are ashamed of their various habits and so on.

Despite what you or Haruto may think, others who don't know haruto that well will definitely regard him as a monster. Imagine now where a considerable portion humanity actually discriminates against fellow human beings not of their races, knowing that haruto is immortal and has the power to switch body at will will definitely cause alienation or even outright abuse.

What would Shoko think of him? This would definitely Haruto's biggest worry and contributes to his emotional outbreak.

At an age where what others think of you is of paramount importance, I can totally see Haruto acting that way. The fact that he might not be able to handle the burden of being singled out doesn't help too.

Despite what you say about Haruto's actions, have you actually tried putting yourself in his shoes? He underwent so much change in the span of just two days both physically and emotionally. He changed from a normal high school boy to a pilot of a giant robot. He changed from a human being to someone who can survive a stab to the heart. He suddenly have the ability to switch bodies at will. He started killing people. He suddenly have to fight off intruders of his colony. And all this happened in the span of two days. As a normal high school boy, I truly doubt he can assess his situation logically and arrive at a logical conclusion. As a human being he has already arrived at his capacity limit and he no longer knew himself like he did before all these events. Can you really blame him for acting that way?

- Morality is instilled in humans. Humans who broke their own principle and did what they think is bad and immoral will feel guilty and self-loathe.

And Haruto is no different. To many people, killing is wrong and Haruto clearly think that too. The fact that Haruto killed those people out of REVENGE doesn't help either. He broke his principles, he did what he thinks is wrong, he knows he did it out of revenge. Naturally, he hates himself now. Remember, Haruto is a high school boy. Killing is a BIG deal for him.

If Haruto would sit down, think about it calmly and logically, he would indeed come to the conclusion that he is a human and that he has nothing nothing to be ashamed of.

However, you must understand the situation Haruto is in. I can't even imagine the amount running through Haruto at that moment when he said those words. He's feeling relieved that shoko is alive, he's feeling horror from what he has done to L-11 and the people he killed, he's feeling by the amount of changes that happened, he's worried about what others might think of him, HE's confused about what happened to him and those around him, he's uncertain of his future having obtained these new powers, he's angry at himself for doing all of that, he's upset that he is no longer what he thinks he is, he's confused over his own identity.

Under that torrent of emotions, can you really expect Haruto to think logically about his situation?

If after presented with so many reasons on why Haruto acted that way and you're still unconvinced. That just means your mind is already made up and nothing i say will ever change your perspective.

Well, of course I don't disagree because as you've stated yourself, those are (generally speaking) facts. I can see why he'd be confused with so many emotions and etc. The problem is how all the situation built up, too quickly, too abruptly to sympathize with the character. I could criticize how it's tiresome as well to have these generic confused teenager main characters, but that's another matter I guess. I think it's enough though, we've both made our points clear. In the end we're arguing about different issues and if I continued here I'd change the objective completely.
Apr 25, 2013 8:44 PM

Feb 2013
kitaiii said:
FiveOVER said:
kitaiii said:

Well, of course I don't disagree because as you've stated yourself, those are (generally speaking) facts. I can see why he'd be confused with so many emotions and etc. The problem is how all the situation built up, too quickly, too abruptly to sympathize with the character. I could criticize how it's tiresome as well to have these generic confused teenager main characters, but that's another matter I guess. I think it's enough though, we've both made our points clear. In the end we're arguing about different issues and if I continued here I'd change the objective completely.

Thank you for having a civil discussion with me and i really appreciate it. Most of the time people just brush off my points and ignore my views even after i took great lengths to explain why i think that way.

Thank you.
Apr 25, 2013 9:39 PM

Nov 2007
Spoiler for the next episode. You'll get to see Lionel Messi. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 25, 2013 10:13 PM

Jul 2009
heh... 1 episode later and this anime went from an 8 to a 6. LOOOOL.
fucking weak mc. shouldve went back into that guys body and pwn some noobs. not use wtf strike freedom hacks.
Apr 26, 2013 6:41 PM

Oct 2012
Awesome episode, got really pumped up and also glad to see that they didn't just kill off Shouko right of the bat.
Apr 27, 2013 5:45 AM

Oct 2012
Trolluto.

eh.
3/5
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 27, 2013 2:54 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode except for the ending. Really man? You didn't confess to the girl because you think you're a monster? Really? That logic doesn't sit well with me but anime/manga always drag confessions until the anime/manga is over or nearing the end.
Apr 27, 2013 7:14 PM

Feb 2013
xAvengerx said:
Great episode except for the ending. Really man? You didn't confess to the girl because you think you're a monster? Really? That logic doesn't sit well with me but anime/manga always drag confessions until the anime/manga is over or nearing the end.

symbv said:

FiveOVER said:

symbv said:

FiveOVER said:

Apr 28, 2013 2:05 AM

Jul 2008
Well now, that was very interesting and the show redeemed itself a little bit. Though it would have been more interesting if Shoko stayed dead...well there are a few episodes left.

Valvrave itself is very interesting as is this body switch/vampire healing power.
Apr 29, 2013 6:22 AM

Apr 2009
Turns out it was too early to pronounce her dead after all. I was about to commend the MC for becoming a bit less of a weak lead but... after he stepped out of Valvrave he reverted to his weak old self. Man, WTF was that line he came up with? After getting one more chance to see her alive again... this is what he tells her? Come on. He says "Monsters don't have feelings" yet he was crying while he said it. There's certainly a lot of room for improvement with him, but he just took a major step back with this.
Apr 29, 2013 6:32 AM
Jul 2018

Shoko is alive! Am I happy? Damn. I feel like I REALLY WANT HER DEAD.
Apr 29, 2013 10:33 AM
Jan 2011
They had such an amazing premise going at the start of this episode, and they went and fucked it right up! Guy's girl gets killed, he becomes a vampire, and bites his way into another guy's body??? Fcking great is wat that is! Oh but then dude's body is actually okay, gets it back, fights off the bad guys, and oh hey his girlfriend is okay too!!! Hooray!!! instead of a cool show about possessing other people's bodies on a mad quest for revenge, we get a cookie cutter mecha with cookie cutter characters trying to solve cookie cutter problems while fighting cookie cutter villains. This is a big problem, because it seems like the developers were a bit afraid to pursue something outside of the norm. But as of now, why watch this when something like Suisei no Gargantia exists?
Apr 29, 2013 11:32 AM
Aug 2012
callmetheBigD said:
They had such an amazing premise going at the start of this episode, and they went and fucked it right up! Guy's girl gets killed, he becomes a vampire, and bites his way into another guy's body??? Fcking great is wat that is! Oh but then dude's body is actually okay, gets it back, fights off the bad guys, and oh hey his girlfriend is okay too!!! Hooray!!! instead of a cool show about possessing other people's bodies on a mad quest for revenge, we get a cookie cutter mecha with cookie cutter characters trying to solve cookie cutter problems while fighting cookie cutter villains. This is a big problem, because it seems like the developers were a bit afraid to pursue something outside of the norm. But as of now, why watch this when something like Suisei no Gargantia exists?

I hate to say this but how does being mad for revenge makes a anime good? Characters deteriorate most of the time because of their hatred and thirst for revenge and power take Sasuke from Naruto as an obvious example. The better characters are the ones who can overcome their quest for revenge and look at the bigger picture (They are some of the best characters in my opinion) but haters in MAL tends to label them as weak!!!

Apr 30, 2013 7:46 AM

May 2012
I'm really surprised how good this anime. This has the potential to be my second favorite anime this season (after Attack on Titan)

I like how the white hair guy is going to blamed for something he didn't do.

ALso, why all the negative comments ? ALso, why people care about very minor details ? Why care about if Shoko dies or not ? This episode was enjoyable to watch unlike many boring animes that are airing these days.
thepathApr 30, 2013 7:49 AM
May 1, 2013 3:27 PM

Aug 2011
Very glad that Shoko's alive. Mecha fights were great and the mystery with the body switching is keeping me interested. L-Elf is in an intriguing predicament too.
May 2, 2013 2:21 PM

Nov 2012
Wasn't expecting anything from this anime and was still disappointed by how bad it is turning out to be. The only saving grace is the kewl action scenes. Maybe later on when they introduce the other raves and have more action sequences I'll sit thru a full 24 minutes and not just 10.

Episode Naxcore: 2.14 out of 5
May 4, 2013 3:02 AM

Jun 2008
His mech went all sparkling. Can we now call him sparkling vampire? Lol.
May 10, 2013 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Nyron said:
tldr this show is really shitty already.
Cue 20 more episodes of vampire beta-male humor and badly written twists before a catastrophically terrible final arc.

Meanwhile Gargantia and MJP are coming along swimmingly.

Yet people like you are still going to find a way to thread shit the show cause that's what you do isn't it. ;)
Kaioshin_Sama said:
New episode today. What weird and random things will people find to bitch about now and how much fun will the people that are just watching the show without frothing at the mouth and looking for things to fit their "trainwreck" narrative have? Find out in a few hours in the new thread. :D

At this point I can safely say I think I've figured out the people that have any bloody idea what they are talking about on this board and those who don't, though it's really not that hard to figure out if I'm being frank considering how hyperbolic the ones that don't tend to get here.

Oh and both reviews up for this show are so terribly done (Why after 2 episodes and in media res anyway? Is that just the earliest possible time when MAL actually lets you submit one?) and all over the place with outright factually wrong information that I honestly can't help but laugh. What were those people thinking when they went to write those and will I ever find a review on MAL that I can actually click helpful on? Maybe some day.

@Kaioshin_Sama You sir have my respects.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 11, 2013 1:57 AM
Jan 2010
so first he's likeMONSTERS DON'T HAVE FEELINGS BAW
and then he cries
so isn't that like a contradiction
May 14, 2013 11:50 PM

Feb 2008
Oh shit, Shoko's alive. Looks like Naruto got into shit for nothing. Now he'll be in deep shit just because the girl didn't die.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 15, 2013 12:31 PM

Sep 2009
I hate the girl who's with him in the Valvrave. What a bitch! So flirt! :P
I'm happy that Shoko is alive :)
Jun 2, 2013 6:52 AM

Mar 2013
Well, I'm enjoying it. I wonder what will happen to L-Elf now... Torture? Ha...

Nice that Shoko's alive but they should have left it longer. Let Haruto do some really monstrous things in the name of revenge and then find out she's alive. Would have been better.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Jun 2, 2013 7:22 AM

May 2013
The first was very intersting. I had enjoy it but the second ...
Jun 3, 2013 12:33 AM
Dec 2011
Zee530 said:
I'm glad she's alive, the romance is the most eye catching thing for me so far.
yh true it's gud to see that for once the main character doesn't lose a love interest.
Jun 6, 2013 9:56 AM

May 2009
KuroAkise said:
Why Shoko is not dead ?

>implying her living makes series bad
Fuck off, hater
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.