Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jun 27, 2013 6:57 AM

Sep 2008
Seriously? Dropped. I can't take this show seriously most of the time.

Oh and the dude flying in on the helicopter was hilariously bad.
Jun 27, 2013 7:10 PM

Jun 2011
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON
Jul 1, 2013 12:16 PM

Dec 2008
Hari-kiri to gain more power? That's definitely original.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 6, 2013 3:01 PM

Nov 2011
Oh boy, I hated ZZ Gundam back when I watched it. I don't want to rewatch it. Must all character deaths that would have an impact in a character's life be reversed for no reason? It takes away potential depth.

The mecha look cool, but they're there just to look cool, aren't they? This isn't going to have any of the cool in-depth talk about weapons and specifications that some earlier Gundams do better at, huh?

This list is legit -
tezann_t said:
This show is too Sunrise...what are they doing.

A mobile suit with inexplicably strong specs
A main with self-loathing tendencies
A main with a God-amazing talent to pilot a mobile suit
An archrival who does nothing other than scream the name of the guy he hates
Characters who never die
...and it can still go on.

tezann_t said:

What's really frustrating is that they could've just called this Gundam ___ and it would've almost fit right in.

Mobile Suit Liberator Gundam to be included in UC? NEVER. As for alternate timelines, even Free! could fit in with whatever yaoi fangirl universe Wing happened in. I have been calling this anime "R3", hehe, because I swear some of the minor characters are Code Geass cameos.

I think I'll watch all two half-seasons for the narm that's sure to come. Ever since the little schoolgirl freed herself from being buried alive under a car or something, I am definitely enjoying myself.
Jul 21, 2013 1:23 AM

Jul 2013
The wasy they say "L-Elf" bothes me. They could at least try to pronounce it corectly. As it is, I have no idea what he's saying. Shit sounds like "ELulhu." Great episode though.

Monde11 said:
"I turned into this... monster. Monsters don't have feelings" Haruto says while crying..
Ever heard of irony?
I'm cooler than a cooler
Big shouts out to my jeweler
Bitch Chief Sosa stack dat mula
JezusBull said:
Ohh the ignorant masses, poor, ignorant people.
Kimi no Iru Machi said:
Whether it's in Tokyo or the countryside, panties will always remain the same. And the heart of the man who tries his best is also the same.

Aug 10, 2013 2:20 PM

May 2012
That ending was rather stupid... why didn't he just say it! Well It's good she's still alive and I do hope she'll play a bigger role in all of this! Some nice action in this episode and some slight development. Nicely though number "666"! Well lets see what happens nxt!
Dec 27, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2012
Ah I see the Code Geass things here. Wish I could see more strategy and the superpower being used.
Dec 28, 2013 12:39 AM

Mar 2012
so, this show is a hybrid of Gundam Seed, Code Geass, and....Dragonball Z? I swear that mecha just went super saiyan at the end....anywho, a big ass potential was shattered by bringing her back from the dead imo, but eh...it's still interesting enough for me to keep going

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 6, 2014 7:22 AM

Dec 2012
I hate it when character almost confess but then don't do it afterall. It reeks of forced drama. And I also hate the "I'm a moster!" excuse. Besides, it's kinda silly to care when a killer that you don't even know tells you that. Other than that, I think I might like this anime.
I don't even mind that that girl is still alive. It would have been much worse if he'd spent the rest of the series crying over her.
CandyRatJan 6, 2014 7:30 AM
Jan 18, 2014 7:20 PM

Dec 2012
Oh my god, when he screwed up the confession I couldn't stop shaking my head in disbelief.

"Monsters don't have feelings." Is that why you started crying seconds later? LOL WHATTAFUCK?

That aside, a better second episode overall. The golden Valvrave power up was pretty awesome.
Jan 19, 2014 5:46 PM

Aug 2009
Hmm I liked this episode but then when I found out Shoko was alive it literally bugged me more than I think it should. I felt like I had just witnessed a bad joke. I'm not sure how I feel about her resurrection. Anyway I do like the fact that when he bites someone and can transfer is conscious over to them, that's unique and a very interesting idea.

Feb 19, 2014 12:31 AM

Jan 2012
epic OP song is fukkin' epic....
May 3, 2014 2:08 AM

Feb 2013
Pretty good episode. Liking the series so far. Really glad that Shoko is still alive. I really thought that they killed her off in the first episode. Haruto chooses not to confess become he is no longer human. Damn. That sucks.
Jun 5, 2014 10:30 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
YES!!Shoko is still alive. Reminds me of that other show I watched a while back.

So Haruto is scared because he became a monster.

Sep 16, 2014 11:47 PM

Jul 2013
Haruto is pathetic and illogical. First he shoved that chick when she hugged him out of joy. And now he didn't confess because he became a monster and monsters don't have feelings? Who gave him that fucked up idea? The fact that he's crying proves he's overflowing with feelings and emotions. That's just a ridiculous excuse to prolong the romance. I thought I could take this show seriously but I was wrong.
Oct 3, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2013
What am I expecting, every comment here is bitching at this series. Whiny entitled nerds can't enjoy anything and just watch anime to find faults in them and then show off on forums by pointing the little things they didn't like. Bunch of pessimistic attention-seekers.

I'm enjoying this series so far.
Dec 12, 2014 9:00 PM

Jan 2010
Everytime L-Elf's name gets shouted at ridiculous lengths, I start liking this show a little more. Honestly though, I'm actually enjoying this. Wow.
Dec 20, 2014 7:39 PM

Aug 2013
Thank goodness Shoko's alive.. but it's sad that Haruto couldn't confess his feelings anymore.
Jan 16, 2015 12:28 AM

Nov 2009
This is pretty cool so far, Will be interesting to see how things keep going with L-elf and the fact that he isnt really a traitor.
Aug 7, 2015 7:56 PM

Jun 2014
Wow. Meaningless character slaughter in episode 1; Character revival in episode 2.

And Haruto suddenly gains two powers: instant healing and the ability to swap bodies by biting random motherfuckers. Darn, I was really hoping for space vampires.

The /100 number (whatever it even represents) changed to /666.. so Valvrave gains satan powers after reaching 666/666 and committing harakiri... okay.

oh wow now Haruto is crying, saying he doesnt want to become a "monster." They played another card that really doesnt work this early in a series.

who chose bright GREEN as a background frame color for the "blu-ray, dvd" thing during the "next episode" scene?
Jan 17, 2016 7:35 PM

Jul 2009
L-elf got fucked lol. I knew Shoko was alive. No one can pull a Zeta Gundam moments nowadays.

Yeah i want to fucking punch the MC. Seriously how much of a fucking wimp can you be??? L-elf should have been the MC in the first
place

Love the Nana Mizuki x TM Revolution OP!! Angela's ED is amazing as well!!
Aug 10, 2016 1:02 AM

Oct 2015
Impressive technology.... Cellphone signal in space.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Oct 2, 2016 8:19 PM
Jul 2018
Well I liked this more than the mediocre first episode. I just... I don't even know. 666, harakiri attack, undead MC, body swapping, etc etc.. Ah well, at least the Dorssian characters seem pretty cool so far. I like L-Elf and am hoping to see more of the other four guys he infiltrated the school with. Don't really care about Haruto, he's been a really generic MC this whole time and I'm not enthused by this "I'm a monster" development. As I suspected, Shouko is alive (and genki!).
Mar 8, 2017 12:51 AM

Jun 2009
So glad Shoko's alive and well but feels like forced drama.
Also EruEffu. That name is amazing. Love when people say it. Some kinda code?
Mar 17, 2017 6:23 PM

Jan 2012
Why do they bother dangling a possible romance in my face like this only to slap me with it?

Other than that this series seems promising.
Jul 13, 2017 6:47 PM

Jul 2015
Welp. Was hoping she was gonna die, but now, we're just going to continue to get silly, awkward moments between the two of them.. lame. His reasoning for not confessing was actually laughable as well, but I'm kinda glad that he didn't confess because that means Saki still has a chance.. LOL. No but in all seriousness, I wasn't too keen on that fight scene. He all of a sudden gets OP because of "fighting spirit"... what is this, TTGL? haha

â™”
caught in the wonder
â™”
May 26, 2018 10:34 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
So far, nobody dies in this anime despite whats going on...lol
LeonhartAugustMay 27, 2018 12:56 PM
Feb 16, 2021 12:07 PM

Feb 2012
I can tell Ookouchi wrote this now. The body-transfer thing was like Marianne's Geass.

Makes sense that JIOR (allegory for Japan) would base their robot on a Samurai. The Harakiri hits two birds with one stone; expels the heat from the ball-furnace thing by opening a hole in the torso. Heat up the sword with it , then use the hot sword to deal great damage.

Even though before he entered the cockpit Haruto was presented as being a Kira or a Shinji. L-Elf's words and his grief for Shoko made such an impact on him that he has no problem killing others that get in his way.

lmao Saki tried to hug him when they won...

Best girl Akira made Haruto a hero.
Fortress_MaximusFeb 16, 2021 12:14 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 18, 2021 11:28 PM

Aug 2018
Whelp I was loving till that retarded non confession at the end. That’s just shitty writing.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.